• Published 17th Dec 2014
  • 6,622 Views, 582 Comments

Not Every Mark is Cute - tjcullinan326



When Tirek drains Equestria of Magic it allows a certain pegasus to escape from the royal dungeon. His crime? Having a Cutie Mark deemed as dangerous.

  • ...
43
 582
 6,622

Chapter 4

Applebloom shook herself as she walked downstairs. She had just taken a bath to clean off all the food from the food fight. She grinned as she remembered the battle.

That was more fun than teasin' Sis!... But, why was she makin' sure to avoid that Brawler guy?

Applebloom had heard Pinkie go on about the stallion while she was setting things up. She seemed to think that Brawler was a really fun guy, and Applebloom didn't get why Applejack was dead set on avoiding him during the food fight.

Ah mean, sure, he was really good at fightin', but Applejack seemed almost afraid of 'im. Why the hay's that?

Applebloom shrugged it off, it wasn't that important. She trotted through the kitchen then out the front door, she and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders still had the rest of the day to go crusading and they weren't going to waste it. As she walked up the path she saw Applejack and Brawler walking towards her. She sped up to meet them.

"Well howdy Applebloom, how ya doin'?" asked Applejack as they met up.

"I'm doin' good. Me an' the other CMC are gonna have a picnic in our treehouse then we're goin' crusadin'," said Applebloom.

Applejack chuckled.

"Don't do anythin' TOO dangerous now, ya hear?" she said.

"I got it, I got it." Applebloom turned to Brawler, "Hey, yer that Brawler guy right?"

Brawler blinked.

"How do you know my name?"

"Didn't ya see the banner? The party was fer you! I figured since you was the only pony I didn't recognize you musta been Brawler," said Applebloom.

"Hmph, well you're right, I'm Brawler. Why do you ask?"

"Well, ya see, I was wonderin' how ya took down Comet Streak," said Applebloom.

"Who?"

"Ya gotta remember Applebloom, he's new in town. He don't know anypony other than you, me an' mah friends," said Applejack, "Anyway Comet Streak is a blue unicorn stallion with a white mane that sparkles a bit. He used to be a Royal guard but decided to retire early."

"I saw ya standin' over him without a scratch on ya, an' he was on the ground covered in pie! How'd ya do it?" asked Applebloom.

Brawler chuckled.

"Oh yeah, him. Well I charged him with a pie in each hoof, smashed one up into his chest, then the other over the top of his head. Knocked him flat and convinced him to stay down for awhile," said Brawler, grinning.

"Who taught ya how ta do that?" asked Applebloom.

"Nopony, I taught myself."

Applejack raised her eyebrow.

"Ah heard you was part of a dojo in Cloudsdale," she said.

Brawler's grin vanished, and Applebloom could've sworn she heard his teeth grinding.

"My dad didn't want to pay for lessons," he started walking towards the farm, "I'll be at the barn when you need me AJ."

Applebloom watched him walk away for a moment, but when she turned back to Applejack she was surprised at her expression.

That's the look she gets when she thinks somepony's lyin'.

Applebloom glanced back at Brawler.

But why would he lie 'bout somethin' like that?

"Well Applebloom have fun with yer friends," said Applejack. Applebloom turned to face her.

"Alright, see ya later Sis!" Applebloom trotted past Applejack.

"Hold on a sec Applebloom."

Applebloom turned.

"Yeah?"

"Be careful around Brawler, alright?"

"Careful? Why?"

"He's," Applejack rubbed the back of her head, "He's had a rough life, an' as a result he's a bit angrier than other ponies. So just be careful round him 'kay?"

"O-okay," Applebloom started for the clubhouse again, and she could hear Applejack trot towards the barn. As she was walking though, Applebloom's brow was furrowed.

What's goin' on with Brawler? First he hides stuff about his past, then Sis is doin' the same! Why the hay would they do that?

These thoughts continued to pester her as she made her way to the clubhouse.


Applejack sighed as she walked down to the barn. She liked to think of herself as a pony who gave everypony a fair chance, but every time Brawler started grinning a dozen alarm bells would sound off in her head.

An' then there was his freak out in the forest; Ah know Celestia was the one who put 'im in a cell an' all, but how can anypony hate that much?

She looked up and saw Brawler sitting in front of the barn, she picked up her pace slightly.

An' now he's hidin' somethin'. But why lie 'bout how he learned ta fight?

As she drew nearer she saw that he was still scowling. She gulped.

Well, whatever it is, now's probably not the best time ta ask.

Applejack stopped when she was in front of him, he ignored her.

"Uh, Ah don't suppose ya want somethin' ta eat?" asked Applejack.

Brawler blinked, then looked at her with his brow furrowed. Then he looked up into the sky.

"It's not even noon," he said.

"It's only jus' before, an' there's no harm in an early lunch," said Applejack.

Brawler looked back to her, then his eyebrows shot up in realization.

"Oh yeah! Lunch, heh, sorry," he stood up, "In prison I usually only got two meals a day. I haven't had lunch in eight years," he chuckled, "Never thought I'd actually forget about it."

"Wait, usually, two meals a day?" asked Applejack.

Brawler grunted.

"Guards would sometimes 'forget' to bring breakfast or dinner," he said.

Applejack gasped.

"They- they can't go an' do somethin' like that! You gotta tell Princess Cel-"

Brawler shot her a glare.

"Uh, right."

"Just forget about it," said Brawler, "And a snack would be nice I guess."

"Alright, come on in an' Ah'll whip somethin' up," said Applejack. They trotted to the house and headed inside. Applejack directed Brawler to the dining room then went to the kitchen. She opened a pantry and took out a plate and mug, then went over to the fridge and took out some apples and cider.

Hope he doesn't mind that it ain't alcohol yet.

She poured some cider into the mug and put three apples on the plate. Then, balancing the plate on top of the mug, she brought it to the dining room. Brawler was sitting at the table, having a staring contest with Big Mac. When she saw them Applejack paused.

"Uh, there a problem here?" she asked.

"Nope," said Big Mac. He trotted out the door on the far side of the room, after a few moments they heard the back door open and close. After another moment, Applejack brought Brawler his food.

"What the hay was that about?" she asked.

"No idea. He just came in and started staring," Brawler picked up the mug and took a drink, "Kinda creepy to be honest."

"That's strange, Big Mac's quiet sure but he'd never do anythin' ta make a guest feel uncomfortable."

"He family?"

"He's mah brother"

"Oh, your parents in the orchard right now or something?" asked Brawler, gesturing out the window. Applejack sighed, and looked down.

"No, they ain't out there anymore."

Brawler's gaze shifted to her, then his eyebrows went up in realization.

"Oh... Sorry."

"S'alright," Applejack looked back up, "Ya didn't know. Jus' don't bring it up again alright?"

"Okay." Brawler picked up an apple and took a bite.

"You gonna have anything?" he asked.

"Ah'm gonna eat when Granny Smith wakes up from her nap," said Applejack. Brawler nodded and continued eating. After about a minute Applejack realized something.

"Say, yer folks probably don't know yer outta jail yet. Ya wanna send a letter?"

Evidently that was the wrong thing to say. Brawler grit his teeth and let out a low growl.

"No."

Applejack's eyes widened.

"But why wouldn't ya-"

"You don't want to talk about your parents, I don't want to talk about mine. Okay?" interrupted Brawler, he resumed eating. Applejack narrowed her eyes.

Jus' how many secrets does this stallion plan ta keep?

"You might wanna check on your brother," said Brawler. Applejack blinked.

"Wha-, why?"

"He looked like he didn't trust me. Can't really blame him but if I'm gonna work here you might want to let him know."

"Uh, alright. Come on out when yer finished," said Applejack.

Brawler nodded and she turned to head outside. When she stepped out she saw that Big Mac was watching the doorway. Strangely, his eyes were narrowed.

"Okay Big Mac, what's the problem?" asked Applejack.

"What's a stallion like that doin' on the farm?" asked Big Mac, his voice slightly tense.

"Now since when did ya start judgin' ponies before ya even knew their names?"

"His Cutie Mark is a pair a boxin' gloves an' he looks meaner than a manticore. 'Scuse me if Ah don't want a stallion like that round Applebloom."

Applejack sighed.

Hard ta argue with that.

"Look Mac, Twilight was assigned ta teach 'im 'bout the magic of friendship. Me an' mah other friends are helpin' out. Ah figured he needed a way ta earn bits so Ah offered 'im a job. We could always use an extra pair of hooves," she said.

Big Mac looked unconvinced.

"Ah already told Applebloom ta be careful round 'im," continued Applejack, "Plus if he does anythin' outta line then Twi can send 'im straight to a dungeon no problem."

"Alright. But the second he steps outta line is the second he goes ta jail," said Big Mac.

"Teh, no pressure right?" came Brawler's voice.

Applejack turned and saw him standing in the doorway. She gulped. Brawler was glaring at Big Mac.

"Look pal, I just got out of a shit ton of trouble, I'm not planning on getting in more, alright?" he asked.

Big Mac glared back.

"Alright, jus' keep the cussin' to a minimum while yer here," he turned to Applejack, "Ah still got some plowin' ta do. Can ya teach 'im on yer own?"

"Yeah Ah got it," said Applejack. Big Mac nodded and trotted away. When he was out of earshot Brawler turned to Applejack.

"He always that pleasant?"

"He's usually quiet and content. Ah've never seen 'im agitated like that," said Applejack. Brawler made a noise that was between a grunt and a sigh.

"Figures. Well whatever, what is it you want me to do here exactly?" he asked.

"Well yer main job's probably gonna be helping me with apple buckin'," said Applejack. Brawler raised an eyebrow.

"You're, into that sort of thing?" he asked, leaning away from her slightly.

"Agh, not THAT kind of buckin'," said Applejack. Brawler chuckled.

"I know, just bucking with ya," he said, grinning.

Applejack groaned.

This is gonna be a long day isn't it?


The Cutie Mark Crusaders had finished their lunch and were now brainstorming ideas.

"How about cake decorating?" suggested Sweetie Belle.

"We ain't allowed in the Sugar Cube Corner kitchen. Remember what happened when we tried fer bakin' Cutie Marks?" said Applebloom.

"I still say they overreacted," said Scootaloo.

"We blew up the oven we were workin' on!" said Applebloom.

"Only a little bit," said Scootaloo.

"How do you blow something up only a little bit?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"The explosion wasn't that big and nopony got hurt," said Scootaloo.

"That doesn't change the fact that it EXPLODED!"

Applebloom sighed as her two friends bickered.

This is gettin' us nowhere. Maybe we need ta try somethin' different.

She thought for a moment then an idea hit her.

"Say, why don't we try askin' somepony fer advice?" she asked. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo turned to her.

"We've already tried that. Every adult we talk to just says to be patient, and every kid who already has their Cutie Mark just tells us how they got it," said Sweetie Belle.

"Wait, what about that new stallion in town? What was his name, um, Brawler!" said Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle scowled.

"You mean the guy who convinced you to turn on me even though I can't use magic?"

"I already said I was sorry! I was just caught up in the moment is all!" protested Scootaloo, "But that's the point. Think about it, would an ordinary stallion do something like that? Heck no! He's different, so maybe he'll actually give us some advice!"

Sweetie Belle's expression turned thoughtful; Applebloom, however, was starting to regret her suggestion.

"I don't know. Applejack told me ta be careful around 'im, an' she seemed a bit on edge while she said it," said Applebloom.

"So we'll ask for advice nicely, come on Applebloom! Pinkie threw him a Welcome to Ponyville party, he can't be that bad," said Scootaloo.

"Hmph."

"It was your suggestion Applebloom," said Sweetie Belle.

"Alright, alright! I suppose it couldn't hurt," said Applebloom, "I saw him with Applejack headin' down ta the farm. He's probably helpin' out there right now."

"Well what're we waiting for? Let's go!" said Scootaloo. She shot to the exit and climbed down the ladder with Sweetie Bell and Applebloom following close behind. As the three of them raced to Sweet Apple Acres, only a single doubt crossed Applebloom's mind.

I sure hope he don't mind us askin', he seems like the kinda stallion I'd rather not make mad.


Scootaloo was the first one to make it to Sweet Apple Acres, with the other two CMC right on her heels.

"So where is he?" asked Scootaloo.

"I don't know. I just saw him headin' this way with Appleack," said Applebloom.

"Maybe he's here for work?" suggested Sweetie Belle, "He looked strong enough for it."

"Good idea! Let's go to the orchard," said Scootaloo, she started for it but felt something tug her tail. She turned and saw Applebloom and grabbed it with her mouth.

"Hey, leggo!"

Applebloom spit the tail out.

"I think I should lead Scoot, ya got lost last time ya wondered in there."

"And you were practically panicking when ponies found you," said Sweetie Belle.

"I was not!" protested Scootaloo.

"Sis said you was ramblin' about timberwolves and vamponies," deadpanned Applebloom.

Scootaloo blushed .

I need to cut down on the horror stories. Rainbow Dash said Flutterbat wasn't that bad yet I was picturing her sucking all my blood.

She shook herself.

"Fine Ms. Navigator, You lead," she said, trying to regain some of her dignity. Applebloom rolled her eyes as she lead them into the orchard. It took them a few minutes of wandering before they found them. Applejack was apparently showing Brawler how to buck for apples, she was going through the motions of the kick slowly and explaining while she did it. Applebloom stopped when she saw them.

"Let's wait a minute," she said.

"Why? He can learn how to go applebucking anytime," said Scootaloo.

"Mah Sis said ta be careful so we're gonna be careful," said Applebloom, "We can wait 'till after his lesson's done."

Sweetie Belle nodded and Scootaloo scoffed.

Why the hay do we need to be so freaking careful?! Yeah, he can fight but I bet Rainbow Dash could take him out in ten seconds flat.

Brawler grunted and started looking around. The CMC gasped quietly and hid behind a tree.

"Somethin' wrong partner?" asked Applejack.

"... Thought I heard something. Guess it was just my imagination," said Brawler. The CMC let out a collective sigh and came out to watch.

"Alright then, give it a shot," said Applejack. Brawler trotted to the tree beside hers, turned, then lashed out with his hind legs. There was a 'whack', the tree shook slightly and about a third of the apples tumbled down.

Scootaloo suppressed a snicker.

Why'd we have to be careful around this guy again?

Brawler turned and saw how ineffective his kick had been. He growled.

"Don't feel too bad partner, that's actually pretty good fer a pegasus," said Applejack.

Brawler grunted. Then lunged at the tree, punching it with everything he had. The tree gave a visible shake and the rest of the apples tumbled down.

Brawler grinned and everypony else's jaw dropped. Scootaloo gulped.

I take it back.

Brawler clapped his hooves together then lunged at the tree to his right, punching that one as well. Two thirds of the apples fell down.

"Dammit," Brawler turned, kicked the tree, and the rest of the apples fell down.

"Well, I think I got it down. How many more should I do?" he asked.

"Uh," Applejack shook herself, "Well like Ah said, we ain't doin' a full harvest today so that should be enough."

"Alright. How many bits did I earn?"

"Well since ya need bits right now how 'bout I give ya thirty?"

"Thats nice but how many did I earn?"

"Yer new, ya need bits right now fer a place ta stay an' such. But if ya feel that strongly about it Ah'll take fifteen off yer next payment."

"Sounds fair. I'll gather up the apples," Brawler started rolling the apples into a pile.

"An' Ah'll go get a cart," Applejack turned to leave but turned back, "Ya know Brawler Ah reckon you'll be a great help here. An' who knows? Maybe you'll even become a friend."

"Don't get ahead of yourself AJ, the accent's still annoying," said Brawler, not looking up. Applejack offered a small laugh, but she looked like she couldn't tell whether or not he was joking. Then she started back for the barn.

Scootaloo and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at each other, then huddled up.

"Are we sure this is still a good idea?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Well technically I was never sure if it was a good idea," said Applebloom.

"We've come this far, we might as well go through with it," protested Scootaloo.

"Okay then, you ask him," challenged Sweetie Belle.

"Fine!" Scootaloo stepped out from behind the tree and started walking toward Brawler. She stopped when she was a few feet behind him.

"Uh, hey mister?" she called.

Brawler turned and looked her over.

"Who are you and what do you want?" he asked.

"Well, uh, I'm Scootaloo and I'm part of the Cutie Mark Crusaders."

"The what?"

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Scootaloo turned and gestured for her friends to join her, "Come on guys! He's not that bad."

Reluctantly, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle stepped out and stood beside Scootaloo. Brawler looked them over as well.

"Applebloom I know, but who are you?" he asked, pointing at Sweetie Belle.

"I'm Sweetie Belle, Rarity's little sister."

"Hmph," Brawler lowered his hoof, "Well what do you three want?"

"Well, we haven't got our Cutie Marks yet and we were wondering if you could give us some advice," said Scootaloo. Brawler stared at her incredulously.

"What?"

"We were hoping you could give us Cutie Mark advice," said Sweetie Belle, "It's not that difficult of a request."

"So you're asking ME for Cutie Mark advice?!"

"Yeah, ya got any?" asked Applebloom.

Brawler stared at them, then the ground, then he started chuckling and shaking his head.

"Hey! What's so funny?!" fumed Scootaloo. Brawler looked up.

"Heh heh heh. Believe me girls, I am the last stallion you'd EVER want to ask for Cutie Mark advice," he said.

"Why? Ya got a Cutie Mark don'tcha?" asked Applebloom.

"Yeah, and because of it, I got thrown in the dungeon."

"What!" exclaimed the CMC

"Sunshine was planning on keeping me locked up forever. Thankfully Luna thought different."

"But what kind of talent could get you arrested?" asked Sweetie Belle. Brawler turned sideways so they could properly see his Cutie Mark.

"Take a guess, and it sure as hell isn't something like knitting," he said.

The CMC examined his Cutie Mark.

Two weird looking gloves in front of a yellow explosion. What the hay is that supposed to mean?

"Are you three gonna stare at my flank all day?" Brawler's voice shook them out of their concentration.

"Well, any guesses?" he asked. The CMC looked at each other, but then Sweetie Belle looked at the trees Brawler had hit.

"It has something to do with fighting right?" she asked.

"Very good. Hoof to hoof combat to be specific," said Brawler.

"Really? Cool!" said Scootaloo. Brawler stared at her.

"I mean, not as cool as Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark but still cool," she continued.

"Because of this mark I ended up assaulting twenty members of the Royal Guard, putting sixteen in the hospital. Then I got thrown in jail," snarled Brawler.

"Wow!" said Sweetie Belle. Brawler turned to stare at her.

"I mean, not the part where you ended up in prison, but twenty Royal Guards?! How did you do it?" she asked.

"Want a demonstration?" Brawler practically growled.

Applebloom stepped in front of the other CMC.

"Ya threatenin' mah friends?" she asked, staring into his eyes defiantly.

Brawler's eyes widened, then he shook his head.

"No," his voice returning to normal, "I just meant that tomorrow at the town dojo I'm gonna be sparring with Dashie and Pinks around noon. You three are welcome to watch."

Applebloom relaxed and stepped back.

"Awesome! We'll be there!" said Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom nodded.

"Anyway come on guys! We still gotta full afternoon for crusading," said Scootaloo. She raced off back the way they had came. The other Cutie Mark Crusaders following close behind.

"Wait up Scoot! Ya don't wanna get lost again!" called Applebloom. Scootaloo wasn't listening.

I can't WAIT for tomorrow. The fight between him and Rainbow Dash is gonna be EPIC!


Brawler watched the retreating fillies through narrowed eyes.

There's no way, is there?

"Hey Brawler! You okay?" called Applejack as she pulled up the cart.

"Uh, yeah," said Brawler, turning to face her, "Your sister and two other fillies were just asking me a few questions."

"Ah, the Cutie Mark Crusaders," Applejack suddenly took a sharp intake of breath, "Ya didn't give 'em Cutie Mark advice did ya?"

"I figured you and Rarity wouldn't like that," said Brawler.

Applejack sighed.

"Ah'm sorry Brawler, it's just-"

"You don't want your little sister to turn out like me. I get it, hell I don't want that either."

"Ya don't?"

"I'm a lot of things AJ but I would never give Sunshine an excuse to toss me AND a few fillies in prison," said Brawler.

"Celestia wouldn't do that," protested Applejack.

"She threw me in a cell when I was thirteen, and had no intention of ever letting me out," said Brawler, "If I trained your sister to be a fighter who knows how Sunshine would take it?"

"Well don't," said Applejack.

"Okay," said Brawler, raising his hooves,"I won't, now can we finish the job?"

Applejack took a breath, then nodded.

"Yeah, just toss 'em in."

Brawler grabbed some of the fallen apples with his wings then tossed them into the cart. He repeated the process until there wasn't anymore apples left.

"Alright, Ah'll pay ya back at the barn," said Applejack. She started pulling the cart back along the path, Brawler followed her. They walked for a few minutes in silence when all of a sudden Brawler had a question.

"Hey AJ?"

"Yeah?"

"What day is it?"

Applejack paused.

"Ya don't know?"

"I didn't have a calendar in prison."

"Oh, uh, it's Saturday. We usually do other farm work on the weekends and do harvestin' on the weekdays," said Applejack, trotting forward again.

"Thanks," said Brawler, trotting alongside her.

A few more moments of silence passed.

"How'd ya stand it?" asked Applejack suddenly.

"What?"

"How'd ya stand not bein' able ta do your talent fer eight years? Ah got itchy an' agitated when I ta leave farm life fer two weeks."

He was lunging forward, roaring at the top his lungs, his target turned, a stunned expression on their face.

"You really don't want to know," said Brawler.

"Friends shouldn't keep secrets from each other. An' before ya say that ya don't want ta be friends, makin' 'em is what's gonna keep ya outta prison," said Applejack.

"Hmph."

She's smarter than she looks.

"Alright, I'd fantasize about knocking all of Sunshine's teeth out," said Brawler.

Applejack's eye's widened.

"I told you you didn't want to know," said Brawler, "And before you start judging me if some lawyer made you do paperwork in an office in Manehattan for over a year how would YOU react when you saw him next?"

Applejack paused again, then looked down and sighed.

"Ah'd probably buck 'im in the face," she admitted. Brawler chuckled.

"It's amazing how violent ponies can get when they can't do their talent. And I'm already violent, you saw how I could get."

"Ya'd really call yerself violent?" asked Applejack, starting forward again.

"You would. And I need to get in fights daily to stay sane. So yeah, I'd also say I'm violent."

They had exited the orchard and headed inside the barn.

"Well hopefully that ain't everythin' to yer personality," said Applejack as she detached herself from the cart, "That'd make it kinda difficult ta justify keepin' ya gotta prison."

"Well I guess we'll find out. Now can I have my bits please?" asked Brawler.

"Sure thing, just follow me," said Applejack. She led him out the barn and to her front door. There was an old pair of saddle bags on the front steps. She picked them up with her teeth and tossed them to Brawler.

"There's thirty bits in there as promised. An' Ah've been meanin' ta get rid of those bags fer awhile now so you can take them too," said Applejack.

Brawler put the bags on.

"Thanks, and I should come back on Monday right?"

"It'd be better if Ah came an' got you. We start early in the mornin' ya see. Where do ya think you'll be staying?" asked Applejack.

"I think I'll just buy a couch and sleep in the dojo," said Brawler.

"Ya sure that's the best idea sugarcube?" asked Applejack.

"AJ, I've been sleeping on a wooden bench for the past eight years. A couch is gonna feel like heaven. Besides do you think anypony would want to take a guy like me in?"

Applejack thought for a moment.

"Well Rainbow Dash might. She's gotta a cloud house so there should be plenty a room."

Brawler shook his head.

"My Ma once told me that the quickest way to lose a friend was to live with them. I don't want to risk it," he said.

Applejack nodded.

"That's good advice. Yer Ma sounds smart, is she nice too?"

Brawler grunted.

"Yeah, she was."

Applejack's brow furrowed, then her eyes widened.

"Oh! Sorry sugarcube, Ah forgot ya didn't wanna talk about it," she said, "Uh, is she gone too?"

"No, as far as I know she's fine. I just don't like talking about her is all. Don't worry about it, I'll see you Monday," said Brawler, he turned to leave.

"Alright, see ya then. An' hey, if ya need a helpin' hoof with the couch just let me know," called Applejack.

Brawler grunted and waved a wing as an thanks. His mind however, was elsewhere.

Those three kids, they can't be. They just don't know what it's like right? Well I'll find out tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Just saw a preview for season 5 (AWESOME!) And just to be clear, I won't copy any of those episodes and just have Brawler tag along. I feel like that'd be lazy and I'd just end up having Brawler solve everything on his own. Definitely don't want to do that.