• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 1,481 Views, 67 Comments

The War for the Sun & Moon - Maxes Altho



Twenty years after The Fall, a small group of rebels tries to wrest control away from the Empire. Sound familiar? Well, it's not.

  • ...
11
 67
 1,481

Prologue

*click* The being turning the recorder on takes a calming breath.

War.

It really sucks, doesn’t it?

Chatter between the being and something else.

What, C? Oh, this is an official record of the war, huh? Well, I gotta give a little backstory first.

Yeah, a few generations down the line, hopefully the schoolfoals reading this transcript won’t know about war, so Uncle Shining Star’s gonna tell ya all about it.

See, war goes like this: You have these two groups, Old Farts A and Old Farts B.

More chatter; the other has come closer and can be heard.

“Sir, I do not believe this is the best use of your time.”

Shut it, C. This is my story, I tell it how I want.

“Sir, I really must disagree—“

C, if you aren’t gonna be any help, leave until it’s your turn to speak, ‘kay?

Muffled thumps as C storms out.

There goes Hurricane C, always raining on my parade. Now, where was I…?

Ah, yes. War.

You see, Old Farts A wants something that only Old Farts B has. A says to themselves “You know what? Let’s send all the young people to fight B’s young people, while we sit back and profit!” And so, Young People A fight Young People B, while Old Farts A and B sit on their fat flanks and get even fatter! Eventually, the Young People are like “Why are we doing this? We shouldn’t have to fight for something we don’t need.” So the Young People A and B rise up, and stop Old Farts A and B from continuing the path to destruction, and find a more peaceful solution.

There’s your history for the day, kids. That is the synopsis of every war ever.

However, about twenty-one years ago, the Young People wanted a change. The Old Farts weren’t at war, so the Young People went to war; specifically, the six known as the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony. According to them (who we have locked up until it can be proven their powers are gone for good), they traveled around the world a bit, and the general consensus from the other nations was that Equestria was a weak nation. Not because of the people, or the army, or even the location. It was the leader. So they got drunk on power and removed Princess Celestia and Princess Luna from power. According to most, they died that day, and the duties of raising the sun and moon were taken by Empress Twilight. Most.

They made their first mistake on the day known as the Fall of Celestia. They became the Old Farts. Their subjects became the Young People, and the Young People weren’t happy. The Old Farts immediately went to war with all the other nations, the zebras, the minotaurs, the griffons, heck, I heard there was even a brief foray into dragon territory. The Young People got pissed. There were some who thought Celestia and Luna were still alive, kept somewhere under the Canterlot Fortress. Certain groups of Young People got together, and created a few rebellions. Most of these were quickly destroyed, The Children of the Night and Celesta’s Chosen to name a few, but some got smart during this purge and went into hiding. One group in particular was The Warriors of the Sun and Moon. Yeah, a bit of a mouthful, but stated our purpose easily enough: depose Empress Twilight and her Queens, and restore Celestia and Luna to the throne.

That was our goal, and one that almost destroyed all of the planet. It was only through the acts of six individuals that we were able to take the Empress’ powers away and lock them up.

This is Private Shining Star of the Warriors, and from my mouth and hooves, this is the one-hundred-percent true and totally not embellished for any reason story of the War for the Sun and Moon.

Muffled, Shining Star is not speaking to the device.

Someone get me the friggin’ name guy! I need to slap a bitch!