• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 2,587 Views, 44 Comments

An Equestria Girls Christmas Carol - Draconaquest



When Applebloom gets terribly sick, Applejack must take a job as a clerk for a man named Ebenezer Scrooge. When Applebloom takes a turn for the worst, Sunset Shimmer gets the group together to and teach Scrooge the true meaning of Christmas and life.

  • ...
3
 44
 2,587

Marley's 'Ghost'

RAINBOW DASH


Scrooge's house was an old, run down mansion surrounded by a black fence. The yard was covered in snow, and the door was wood, with a small knocker that looked similar to a face.

Sunset, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and I, were in an alley just off the house. I had had my hair dyed temporarily to get the look we were going for. "Is the projector set up?" Sunset asked, peeking around the corner.

"Yep!" Pinkie said, smiling.

"Good, because Scrooge is coming now." Sunset said, and pulled back into the alley. She still had an icepack from the wreath Scrooge threw at her.

Scrooge walked up to his door, and reached for his key. "Fire up the projector." Sunset whispered. Pinkie turned it on, and slowly, the knocker transformed into Marley's face, which ,of course, looked just like my face. Scrooge looked up and then was startled so much, that he fell onto the icy ground. I couldn't help chuckling a bit. "Turn it off." Sunset said. Pinkie turned off the projector.

Scrooge looked up, and saw that the knocker was back to normal. He muttered, "Humbug," and entered his home.

"So what's the next part of the plan?" I asked.

"It's your turn Rainbow. You have to act as Marley's ghost." Sunset explained. "I hope your up for it."

"I am, I'm just not sure about these chains." I said. Rarity had began to put chains on the dress I was wearing.

"You read the script we gave you, right?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Then you know why they're there." Sunset said. "Anyway, we think Scrooge left his door unlocked. It's time you go in. Good luck."

Upon entering Scrooge's home, I felt a chill down my spine. Applejack told me that Scrooge liked the cold, but it was colder inside, than it was outside. I knew what I was supposed to do, and I didn't know weather to be nervous or happy. After all, it could be fun to scare Scrooge's socks off.

I went up the stairs to the second floor. Scrooge was sitting in his chair, eating a loaf of bread. He was wearing a thick, light brown dressing gown, and a very light pink night cap. A bell on the side of the wall, soon rang for about five seconds. I guess that was my cue.

I walked up the stairs, moaning to try and sound creepy. I guess it worked, because as soon as Scrooge spotted me, he jumped out of his chair, dropping his bread on the floor, and said nervously, "What do you want with me?!"

"Much." I said. I little cheap for a line, but hey it worked.

"Who are you?" Scrooge asked.

"Ask me who I was." I replied.

"Who were you then?" Scrooge asked.

"In life, I was your partner, Sarah Marley." I replied.

"It looks like you, but I don't believe it." Scrooge said.

That wasn't a good sign. "Why do you doubt senses?" I asked.

"Because," said Scrooge, "a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheat. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"

"More of gravy than a grave!" I shouted, laughing. "What a terrible pun, where do you come up with those?"

"Why do you wear those chains?" Scrooge asked.

"I forged these chains in life." I explained. "You wear such a chain, yourself. In fact, yours is likely longer than mine, since you've been living longer than me."

"No, speak comfort to me Sarah!" Scrooge pleaded.

"I have none to give." I said.

"Then, why are you here?" Scrooge asked.

"I bring a warning." I replied. "Tonight you will be haunted three spirits."

"Couldn't I see then all at once, at get it over with!" Scrooge asked.

"No!!!" I shouted. A little dramatic? Maybe. Do I care? Not really. "You will see the first one when the bell tolls one! The second will appear at the stroke of two! And the third will appear shortly after." I began to walk way.

"No, Sarah!" Pleaded Scrooge. "Do not leave me!"

"Silence, Scrooge!" I shouted. "When the bell tolls one!" I ran down the stairs and back outside.

"So how'd it go?" Sunset asked, upon seeing me. She still had the icepack to her forehead.

"I think it went well." I replied. "Now, I have to was this dye out of my hair. I like rainbows better than light blue."