• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 2,592 Views, 44 Comments

An Equestria Girls Christmas Carol - Draconaquest



When Applebloom gets terribly sick, Applejack must take a job as a clerk for a man named Ebenezer Scrooge. When Applebloom takes a turn for the worst, Sunset Shimmer gets the group together to and teach Scrooge the true meaning of Christmas and life.

  • ...
3
 44
 2,592

The Sick and The Poor

SUNSET SHIMMER


It all began on November 13th. Winter had come early, and the ground was covered in snow. The janitor had gotten there early and shoveled the snow, revealing the concrete. The statue was white in snow, and the air was freezing.

But, despite the freezing air, I was still in a good mood. After all, lately, winter had been a good time for me lately. My friends were kind and caring, which certainly gave me something to look forward to. Unfortunately, the day would only get worse.

Just like every morning, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and I, were waiting for Applejack around the statue in front of the school. But, when Applejack got here, she looked sad. Her head hung down, as she looked at her feet. "Applejack, are you all right?" I asked her as she walked up. She shook her head. "Is something wrong?" Applejack nodded. "Can you tell us?"

Applejack straightened and gulped. "Applebloom is sick." She stuttered. "Sicker than I've ever seen in my life. And we can't afford any medicine."

"But, what about the orchard?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack sat down next to the statue. "I haven't told you this, but...uh...y'all remember the storms we had over the summer?"

We all said some variant of 'yes.'

"Well, ya see," Applejack explained. "Those storms destroyed the crop, killing anything we had for money. We've been surviving on any leftover money we had from that cider competition."

We all sat down next to Applejack. "Do you have a job?" Rarity asked.

"I got the only one available." Applejack said. "I have to work as a clerk for a new man in town. He's a British man named Ebenezer Scrooge. I'm going to have to skip our meetings after school for this job. And, now that Applebloom is sick, we'll need all the money we can get."

"Oh, Applejack, I'm so sorry." I said. We all tried to comfort her, without success, throughout the day. And, just like she said she would, Applejack left right after school to go to her new job."


The next day brought just as much remorse. When Applejack arrived, she had plenty of things to say about Mr. Scrooge. None of them good. "You would not believe how mean Mr. Scrooge is!" Applejack exclaimed. "He was cruel and barely even paid me! Without enough money, I don't think we'll be able to survive!" She slunk down and put her head in her arms.

"Couldn't you just find a better job?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No, I can't." Applejack sobbed. "No one else would hire me, 'cause I'm still in school. Scrooge even said the only reason he hired me is because he couldn't find anyone else!"

Just like before, we tried to comfort her with no avail, and like yesterday, she left right after school. These events went on for about a while, and Applebloom only got worse. After Thanksgiving, I called everyone (except Applejack, because she had to work) to the library to talk about the events.

"I wish Applejack could hang out with us again." Pinkie Pie said, playing with a yo-yo.

"It does get boring when one of us isn't here." Rainbow Dash said, who was playing a computer game.

"I just hope Applebloom get's better." Fluttershy said also.

"That's why we're here." I said, and walked over to a computer. "I have a plan, but we need to do some research on Scrooge first."

"Why?" Rarity asked, walking over. "What is your plan?"

"I'll tell you after we do research." I replied. I looked Scrooge up, and found a page on him. Everyone else walked over and looked at the computer. I looked his page and noticed a picture of a girl, that looked similar to Rainbow Dash. "It seems he had a partner named Sarah Marley." I pulled up the picture.

"Had a partner?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah, it seems like she died nearly seven years ago." I said. "She looks a little like you, Rainbow."

"Remind me to check my family tree." Dash replied.

"He has a lot of history, but that's a good thing." I said, scrolling down the page.

"How is it a good thing?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, my plan might just be able to make Scrooge a better person." I explained. "It's questionable, at best, but I have a feeling that it will better in the long run. It will take a lot to make it work, and we'll need a lot of people in on it, including Applejack, but it will be worth it."

"Well let's here it!" Rainbow said excitedly.