• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 3,482 Views, 96 Comments

My Little Pokemon: Sun and Moon - WezzaHD



In the Equestria Region exists researcher Twilight Sparkle who, after discovering a terrifying legend, must set out to save everyone... And, unfortunately for her, make some friends.

  • ...
13
 96
 3,482

Ponyville

"Celestia doesn't trust me."

"Twilight..."

"Every day I do my best under her tutelage, but she just dismissed what I said right off the bat like I was some sort of conspiracy freak."

"Well she does have more experience than you, so I'm sure she knows what she was doing" Spike reasoned

"Yeah, but it just annoys me that she didn't even have a second thought on it"

Spike sighed, as Twilight got out a book from her rucksack and buried herself in it. Spike sighed and got out a small box. He opened it and took some small gems out. He collected rare items like gems, not because they could be sold for high prices but because they were difficult to find. Spike was a bit of an explorer, so he enjoyed finding things. He used to have more than this, but his parents accused him of being a hoarder, and made him get rid of some. He really didn't see what the problem was though. So it made the room a bit crowded, it was his stuff. Besides, they weren't even his biological parents; he didn't know who his real parents were.

He took his thoughts away from that and looked at the rock tied around his neck likes necklace. The Rock was reddish beige with a streak of scarlet going down the middle. This one he had found on a trip to Saddle Arabia.

It really interested him; there was just something about it that made it more special than the other gems that he had collected.

"Tini!" He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a Pokemon cry to his right. A Dratini slithered past him.

"Dratini!" a man ran over and picked up the Dratini "You really shouldn't run off like that, I don't know what I'd do if you got lost. Oh what a world that would be!" He clung to his Pokemon and kept going on about how worried he was. The melodramatic man had blonde hair and a moustache and wore a purple shirt. He wore a purple shirt and designer jeans.

"I'm sorry, did he cause any trouble?" he turned to Spike, Twilight and Zecora, who currently had her eyes closed, but they weren't sure if they could call it sleeping.

"Hm?" Twilight looked up from her book "No, we're fine"

"Yeah" Spike followed up "But can I ask, where did you get that Dratini?"

"Oh, they can be found in Ponyville, in the Everfree Forest"

"The Everfree??" Spike was shocked, but didn't raise his voice.

"I know they're very peaceful for something you find in one of the most dangerous places in the region. Anyway I have to get back to my seat, bye"

"Bye" This caught Spike's attention; being able to get dragon types in Ponyville.

Spike didn't have a Pokemon like Twilight did, but he hoped to get some soon, maybe even before he was ten. Spike was nine, so he could go on journeys and even catch Pokemon as long as he was with Twilight and had her permission, but couldn't compete in gym battles and fight in the Pokemon League until he was actually ten. He didn't know what Pokemon he'd decide to get yet, but it'd probably be something like Charmander, since it was almost like a dragon- type. Or maybe he would get an actual dragon- type like Axew or Dratini instead of a starter.


Eventually, they all arrived in Ponyville, a small and quiet but cheerful town. She could see almost everyone had a smile on their face. The three stepped off the train and stared at the place.

"Why don't you two look around? I will wait here, where I am easily found" Zecora waited on the path to the Everfree forest while the two decided to explore the town. Zecora said that she had something for Twilight,but she and Spike had insisted on going into the Everfree to see some of the Pokemon, so Zecora said she would wai for them.

Twilight started by seeing where the Pokemon Centre was. Twilight bought some Pokeballs and gave three to Spike. Her parents had given her 10,000POKE, so they would be fine for money. Right next to the Centre was a bakeries called Sugarcube Corner, with a sign that read "Baking delicious treats for people and Pokemon alike". They decided to eat something before they checked out the Ponyville gym.

They walked inside and waited in the queue that was fairly short. It wasn't long before they reached the front and looked at the selections behind the counter. The person behind the counter wasn't there.

"I'll be with you in a minute!" said a happy and joy- filled voice that came from the girl that was meant to be asking them what they wanted, but it didn't bother Twilight as they were deciding what to eat between her, Spike and Hoothoot. They decided what they would each have and the girl conveniently came back when they did.

"You two new in town?" Someone behind her asked.

"Yeah?" She answered and he chuckled.

"Brace yourselves"

Wha-"

"Hello" Twilight turned around as the girl behind the counter piped up. "I'm Pinkie Pie, and welcome to- " She gasped before she finished her sentence when she saw Twilight.

"D- Do I know you?" She looked extremely shocked to see Twilight, who was very confused.

"Um... no?"

Pinkie let out a loud gasp. "That means I've never seen you before, and THAT means you haven't been properly welcomed to Ponyville!" She stared at the girl, who was nearlt covered in pink; pink hair, pink skirt, pink shirt, and pink shoes. The only things that weren't pink were her socks and gloves, which were blue and yellow with stripes and polka dot patterns.

"Properly welcomed?"

"Yeah, I have to throw you a party!" she pulled a lever and music started playing, and a sign flew down in front of the the counter that read "Welcome Visitors"

"I'm Pinkie Pie; Ponyville's Baker and Party Planner, and this is Sandile"

"Sandile!" a Pokemon came out of her hair, though it had a vacant expression in its eyes.

"Uh... Hi?" Twilight was confused as to what was going on. "I'm Twilight, this is Spike and Hoothoot"

"Hi"

"Hoot"

"Sorry it's small, but Mr and Mrs Cake said to cut back on these but I can't help myself sometimes"

"I can't possibly imagine why" Twilight thought to herself

"So I can only give you a small welcome party. Here's a free piece of cake and Pokemon food for the Hoothoot" Pinkie gave them some cake and skipped back to the counter but the music was still playing,

"She's kinda odd, but I got free cake so I'm not complaining" Spike said as he took a bite out of his slice.

"It's too sweet for me" Twilight said as she pushed hers away.

"More for me" Spike shrugged and gobbled Twilight's slice down.

"Do you have to eat like that, Spike? It's everywhere." Twilight criticised

"But it's so good! It's the best cake I've ever had." The boy exclaimed "I'm gonna ask if she has any more"

"Nope" Twilight grabbed him by the shirt "That's enough sweets for you; we're going to find something healthier to eat. Besides, we don't want to keep Professor Zecora waiting"

"Aaw" Spike pouted, and allowed himself to be dragged by his older sister.

Spike began to walk on his own two feet once they were a good distance from the bakeries and wandered around for something healthy. He didn't really care about it, so he just zoned out and followed Twilight, not really looking where he was going, and bumped into someone.

"Oh!" There was a small thump, as whoever it was was carrying a lot of bags.

"I'm really sorry, let me get those for you" Spike apologised as he got her bags picked up her bags, but saw something shining in them; gems. "Wow, you sure have a lot of gems; they're..." He looked up to talk to the girl, and he was instantly smitten. "... Beautiful." He was staring at her as if he had just achieved enlightenment.

Twilight sighed as Spike offered to take them back to her house.

"Oh no, I really couldn't make you carry all of these" she insisted

"It's fine, I can carry them all" he claimed as he barely lifted all of them up. Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Give some to me" She took some of the bags from Spike. "Where do we need to go?"

"Oh, to my house" She smiled as they followed her. "I'm Rarity by the way."

"I'm Twilight and this is Spike" She gestured to the boy who didn't know he was drooling. When they reached her home, they put her things down and Twilight inhaled.

"How did you even carry half of this stuff?"

Rarity shrugged "You get used to it after shopping for a while, but sometimes even I can't carry everything"

"I understand" Spike said, still infatuated by Rarity that he forgot about the aching pain in his arms. They reached her crystal- white house and carried her bags through the wooden fences. They went through and saw how grand the house was compared to the outside; it appeared to be glowing and many items appeared expensive with amazing designs. The cushions were embroidered with initials in the corners.

"And I must say, I adore your necklace, Spike where did you get such an exquisite stone?" She asked. "It's almost like a gem."

"Found it in Saddle Arabia" Spike exclaimed, as they went upstairs to put them in her room, which had a mannequin and sheets of paper with designs on them. Twilight and Spike put their bags down and were both gasping for air.

"But enough about me, what about you two? Where are you from?"

"...Canterlot..." Twilight said in between gasps for air.

"Canterlot????!!!" Rarity was shocked to hear. "Oh how I've dreamed of living there" She hugged Twilight. "You are so lucky. We are going to be the best of friends"

"F- Friends?" Twilight said as Rarity released her from her hug.

"Why yes, oh and you must tell me about everything the-" she stopped as she realised they weren't there anymore, and she heard the door downstairs close. "They must have somewhere to be" she thought aloud. She noticed something sparkle on the ground.

"It's that boy's necklace! He must've dropped it when he left." She thought "Oh I must return it to him." She picked it up and walked out the door downstairs.


"Well I'm glad that's over" Twilight commented as she once again had to drag her younger brother through the town.

"I'm not"

"I just want to get a couple of apples and not run into anymore crazy people." She had seen a sign in Ponyville that pointed to a place that sold some fruit.

"Hoot." Hoothoot chirped in agreement.

"Let's just get to Sweet Apple Acres and go to Zecora's." she grumbled. "Look, it's there right now." She cheered up and hurried Spike along.

"I really wish you would stop pulling me everywhere." Spike commented.

"Oh, sorry." Twilight smiled sheepishly as she realised how impatient she was being. "I just want to get through this with no more craziness."

They walked over to an empty stand and sighed in disappointment.

"Well, time to go back to Zecora."

"Wait!" Twilight was about to turn around but was stopped by Spike. "Do you hear that?" Twilight stopped and focused on trying to hear something like Spike had said. "Yeah, it kinda sounds like... cheering, and Pokemon." They went past the stand and followed the noise, whith slowly got louder. There were a bunch of people who all looked similar in one way or another watching a Pokemon battle. The one nearest to them wore a black shirt along with some yellow shorts with a cyan jumper tied around her waist and had strange hair with all the colours of the rainbow. "Probably dye..." Twilight thought.

The person on the far end wore tattered shorts, as well as an orange shirt, brown boots and a stetson. The cowgirl had a Herdier while she person nearest was fighting with a Nincada.

"Use take down!" The cowgirl ordered as the Herdier began to charge.

"Sand- attack!" The Nincada shot sand in the Herdiers's eyes and it fell down.

"Now scratch!" Nincada ran forward to scratch the Herdier. They both looked close to fainting so it would just take one or two hits to do them in.

"Bite!" Nincada tried to deliver the finishing blow, but found its leg caught in Herdier's mouth, and soon its whole body. It eventually released Nincada from its jaws; knocked out.

"Nincada is unable to battle, Herdier is the winner, which means the winner is mah granddaughter is Applejack!" An old lady shouted.

"Ain't no way ah was gonna lose in front of mah entire family!" She was gestured to all the spectators of the battle when she noticed someone she had never seen before.

"Excuse me, but do ah know you?"

"No, I just wanted to buy some apples." She looked at the girl's Herdier. "That was a pretty good battle, you need some Super Potion?"

"Nah, she'll be fine." The girl insisted, but the Herdier panting suggested otherwise. "On second thought, yeah, ah'll take some." The took the Super Potion from Twilight and sprayed it on Herdier.

"Hey!" The girl who lost pointed at Twilight. "You a trainer?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you and Applejack battle?" She suggested.

"What?"

"Yeah, you look like a trainer."

"Because I AM." Twilight replied

"Ah don't mind another one if Herdier agrees." Her Herdier barked with enthusiasm. "Ah guess that's a yes, so how 'bout it?"

"Well I would but I really just came for some apples, and I really have to go so-"

"No." Spike butted in. "You've been dragging me around all day, just battle with her. It'll be your first real battle, anyways. Why not give it a shot?" Twilight sighed at her brother's firm insistence. She supposed she did have his full of shirt- dragging, and sighed.

"Fine."

"Alright, so what's it gonna be?" The girl known as Applejack asked. "How many Pokemon? Though ah only have two." Twilight glanced at a Pokeball, but shook her head.

"One on one."

"Alright. Ya up for another round, Herdier?" Herdier gave another bark and she nodded. "Alright, let's go!"

"Ah don't believe ah got yer name, what was it?"

"Twilight Sparkle."

"I'm Applejack, and that's Rainbow Dash." She gestured to the girl who had just gotten her into a battle and was currently sitting with the others before they shook hands, or rather Twilight's hand was nearly crushed by Applejack's.

Twilight and Applejack went to opposite sides of the field and got their pokemon ready.

"The battle between Twilight Sparkle and Applejack shall now begin!" Hoothoot and Herdier both got into battle stances.

"Let's see what the Pokedex has to say about you." Twilight got out her brand new device.

Herdier: the Loyal Dog Pokemon.
It has black, cape-like fur that is very hard and decreases the amount of damage it receives.

"Ah'll let you have the first move." Applejack said, and Twilight nodded. This was her first real battle. Sure, she had train with the champion but she had always been holding back, this was a full- rested pokemon battle.

"Hoothoot, use peck!" Hoothoot flew over to Herdier and started pecking it, but it didn't look like it did much damage.

"Go, Twilight!" Spike shouted.

"Use bite." Herdier shook Hoothoot off of its back and started snapping it's jaw at its opponent, who frantically flapped its wings, barely avoiding the attack.

"Take down!" Herdier went charging for Hoothoot, who was just landing.

"Quick, dodge!" Twilight panicked and gave the command in hopes that her Pokemon would be able to avoid it. Regardless, it was a direct hit and Hoothoot was blown back into a tree.

"Let's do another take down!" Applejack yelled and Herdier began to charge while Hoothoot had just gotten up.

"Reflect!" Herdier looked up to see that the attack had done little to nothing like it had before.

"What the?" Applejack was confused, as was the Rainbow.

"What the heck?" Rainbow asked. "A moment ago, that Pokemon barely took one now the attack didn't even bother it."

"That's what reflect does." A man with blonde hair and a red shirt sitting next to her said. "All physical attacks will do next to nothing for a while, and all of Herdier's attacks are physical; it ain't good for Applejack. Not to mention the recoil damage Herdier has."

"Now, use confusion!" Hoothoot's eyes lit up and Herdier felt a pain in it's head. When the attack was over, Herdier looked dizzy.

"Alright, it's confused!" Twilight cheered.

"Argh! Use bite!" Applejack was frustrated. Despite her Pokemon's dizziness, it complied and landed a hit on Hoothoot, but reflect had rendered that attack nearly useless, as well.

"Peck!" Herdier was once again pecked by Hoothoot, and it was clear that Herdier was weakened.

"Let's try another take down!" Applejack tried her most effective attack, but Herdier ran into a tree and hurt itself.

"Confusion, again!" Twilight pointed at Herdier, who was clenching its head again, before it fell unconsious.

"Herdier is unable to battle; Hoothoot is the winner!"

Alright, Hoothoot!" Twilight ran onto the field hugged her Pokemon.

"Hooray, Twilight!" Spike happily shouted.

"Wow, you're really good." Applejack; who was holding Herdier in her arms, congratulated Twilight.

"Thanks, but now I have to-"

"Why don't ah introduce ya to mah family, since a lot of them are here for our annual reunion. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' friends."

"That sounds familiar, somehow." Twilight thought.

"Friends? Well, I'm in kind of a rush, so-"

"Don't you wanna stay?" A little girl asked with baby doll eyes. Twilight stared back at her for a moment.


"Somehow that felt familiar, too." Twilight was walking along the streets, but it was nearly at a running pace.

"Twilight, can you slow down a little?" Spike asked.

"Because of you I ended up stuffing my face with nothing but junk and apples." Twilight said frustratingly. "You can keep up."

"Alright." Spike sighed. They had been looking around the town for about an hour, but they could still see her there, as well as a cottage not too far from there, that looked like a sanctuary or a day care, but there was no way Twilight was stopping again. She stopped at the outside of the Everfree where the Pokemon Professor was still waiting.

"I take it that you are done, so into the Everfree you can come?"

"Yeah, though I don't think that this town is for me, so let's just-"

"STOP!" They quickly turned around to the sound of the voice, and saw a couple of people running into the forest.

"OUT OF OUR WAY!" One of them yelled. After that, there was a girl running after them. She stopped right next to them, getting her long pink hair out of her face. She was a yellow dress with a green coat over that.

"W-Wait, those Pokemon don't belong to you!" Her shouts were in vain as the figures went into the forest.

"Oh my, what it wrong, Fluttershy?"

"W- Well, I was taking care o- of my cottage, b- but those guys came up to me and told me to give some to them. B-But I told them that they weren't mine to give and that they were wild, so they... they kidnapped those poor Pokemon!" She stuttered, not taking mind to the stranger next to the professor. Zecora nodded at Fluttershy's explanation.

"Twilight, Fluttershy, come on. We must save those Pokemon."

"I- Into the Everfree?" Fluttershy shivered and got out a Pokegear. "Alright, just let me call some friends to help."

Author's Note:

Question: what did you all think of Twilight VS Applejack?