• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 1,823 Views, 1 Comments

My Little Pony - Giants of Patagonia - StrangeBehavior



Equestria's peaceful land and way of life is now a battleground of nature, between the two largest dinosaurs that ever lived...

  • ...
2
 1
 1,823

Earth: 90,000,000 Years Ago...

Earth, a planet that lies in the Milky Way Galaxy, its solar system takes 248,000,000 years to rotate with the galaxy once. If one rotation of the galaxy was equal one day; the Earth would be 20 hours old, the dinosaurs would be 48 minutes old, and humans, 28 seconds...

Earth is like Equus, a planet that can support life, is gifted by the sun's life-giving warmth and light, has a molten core that creates a magnetic field that protects the atmosphere from harmful ultra-violet rays, and has a rich history of life within the soil of their land. Humans have yet to evolve where our story begins, for they aren't the dominant species of the earth yet, for you see, the masters of the Earth are; dinosaurs...


My Little Pony - Giants of Patagonia


Earth - XX/XX/1993
Deep in the desert scrubland of Patagonia, a team of Argentinian Paleontologists were on a dig to look for more fossil finds for their museum. One of the diggers shouted to the other members of the team, alerting them that he found something that was promising to the trained eye. What was jutting out of a tiny cliff face, was a part of the fossilized back bone...of an enormous herbivore...


Equestria - XX/XX of the 1,001st year of celestial peace
A lone pegasus mare was flying over a large grassland fifty miles from Ghastly Gorge, looking for more trouble involving the strange and sudden weather patterns that were appearing all over Equestria. She then saw something very unusual on the ground...

The pegasus said in confusion, "What in Equestria is that?"
She was looking at a trail of round depressions in the earth, each one bigger than her own body.

Her eyes widen in shock when see said, "Wait, these are footprints...Uhhg...I would really hate to run into whatever made these..."
The pegasus landed to get a better look at the footprints, but regretted doing so as she stepped in something brown...

Its stench was like elephant dung, enough to make the pegasus to scrunch up her nose, it was also crawling with dung beetles, the brown, smelly stuff, it turned out...was someone or something's feeses. Which made the pegasus mare gag and feel extremely grossed out.

She said, "Guughgg...This is really disgusting. Why in Equestria would beetles want to crawl around and eat somepony else's crap. Wait...This crap is still warm, and if what I remember is correct...Whoever dumped this stuff is still around..."

She looked around, and saw nothing, and she figured that whoever dumped that pile of dung, is also the one that made those footprints. Her blood temperature dropped significantly at the guarantee, that whatever creature made those footprints and dumped that huge pile of crap, it seemed to be clearly bigger than even a dragon, the largest creature the pegasus knows of...

She said to herself, "I really hope I don't become whatever made those prints doesn't think about eating me...I better fly up and be on the...gah!"

As she took to the air, the pegasus hit the neck of a massive sauropod dinosaur, far bigger than most dragons or even Ursa Majors, it was eating peacefully until the pegasus headbutted it in the neck, causing the ancient titan to get into a vicious coughing fit.

"What the heck did I...fly.......into......" The pegasus said as she gazed at the thick neck of a large creature that resembled a wingless dragon, coughing wildly as it tried to catch air. The dinosaur caught its breath, and looked at the wide-eyed, tan winged mammal, it sniffed a little, then mooed like a gigantic cow. The sauropod lowered its head to the ground and plucked a soft bush as it swallowed the bush whole...

The pegasus practically screamed, "What the heck is that thing!"


London, England - 160,000,000 B.C.E.
Deep in the tropical seas of the ancient earth, where the English captital of London will one day stand, schools of ancient fish swim along eating smaller organisms and zooplankton. The fish scatter when unusual, dolphin-like creatures swim at blinding speeds, snapping up several fish in their toothless jaws.

Though they look like dolphins or giant fish, they are really icthyosaurs, reptiles that have adapted for life in the ocean. These predators eat up fish, smaller aquatic life forms, and for this specific species called Othalmosaurus, hunt for squids and other invertebrates at night, where their enormous eyes allow them to perfectly see in pitch-black darkness. However, they themselves are prey for more dangerous and larger creatures like sharks, but sharks themselves are prey for a bigger reptile that not only frightened off the Othalmosaurus, but also scared off the sharks, and four-flippered predators with long necks called plesiosaurs.

The large predator was a type of pliosaur, called Liopleurodon, this individual is bigger than most of his kind. Whereas Liopleurodon can usually grow to be seven meters, this Liopleurodon is an frightening ten meters. His jaws can tear a smaller animal like the sharks or Othalmosaurus apart like a dog with a toy. In these seas, Liopleurodon is the king of the hill, no other creatures dare challenge him. If he's lucky, he'll even snap up any unsuspecting dinosaur that wanders into these waters.

The Liopleurodon glides through the water like a bird-of-prey, searching for his next meal...


Patagonia - 90,000,000 B.C.E.
Inside a nest under the blazing sun, one tiny sauropod hatchling emerges from its egg, which was no bigger than a grapefruit. The young male looks around and sees many of his siblings hatching as well, along with numerous others in the thirty or so nests surrounding his. He sees an abelisaur known as Skorpiovenator, snatch up and eat some newborn hatchlings in other nests, a veritable feast for any nest raider. He runs when a raptor known as Unelagia hisses at the fleeing hatchlings and stole one of the unhatched eggs in his nest.

The sauropod hatchling, we'll call him Strong One, has to eat around six pounds of food each day to fuel his growth, so that one day he can be as large as the one hundred twenty foot long adult of his species wandering nearby is...
If he can live that long...


Equestria - XX/XX/the 1,001st year of Celestial Year of peace
Nearly fifty miles from Vanhoover, a herd of the massive sauropods are migrating south, for climates best suited to the enviroments they instinctively remember. Many ponies, griffins, and dragons look in confusement, wonder, and disbelief as these dinosaurs walked along, like the great elephants in the savannahs of the distant lands east.

These titans are actually one of the largest animals to have ever lived, many of the healthy and elderly adults are a mind boggling one hundred ten to one hundred thirty-seven feet long, and the biggest weigh around one hundred tons. They are anywhere between nine-to-fifteen stories tall, no other land animals had ever gotten this big, not even close, on Earth or Equus. They are sauropods of the ancient land of south american Patagonia...

...Called...Argentinosaurus...

...the largest of all dinosaurs known to man...

Author's Note:

A nice start right?

Here's a link to a YouTube video that has the documentary that inspired this spin-off;
Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
This spin-off is greatly inspired, and will be referencing frequently by that IMAX film.

That amazing film is also where you can get an idea of what the soundtrack sounds like when you picture the story in your mind...

Here are the prehistoric animals in this part of the story...
Argentinosaurus
Skorpiovenator
Unelagia
Othalmosaurus
Liopleurodon
prehistoric sharks and fish
unidentified plesiosaurs

Please review and comment this spin-off, and be sure to read the main story; My Little Pony - The Age of Dinosaurs to get a better grasp of what is going on here...

Until next time...
Bye...