• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 1,877 Views, 33 Comments

A Lonely, Wandering Heart - Ironfire Skies



Twilight Sparkle travels to Manehattan to visit and cure a sick friend. She tends to go by hoof instead of the train, but then some obstacles and problems had to be faced along her journey.

  • ...
1
 33
 1,877

Chapter 2 - A Note from Dr. Hooves?

What a beautiful morning to wake up in, I never had the intention to waking up to a Sun that was this bright. Oh well, duty calls for me to wake up early. Besides, I haven't made a plan to when I should be heading out anyway. Maybe I should just sit down and relax for a bit and maybe read a book, that should keep my mind off me thinking about heading out again. I turned on the tv as usual and see what was new playing and all, I hoped they could report about the upcoming few days.

As I laid on the couch staring at the television for at least a minute, I got thirsty. I took off the blanket that was covering me and my entire body, and headed into the kitchen to make myself a warm drink. As I was doing that, I decided to write an entry in my diary before I decided to do anything else.

December 4th
Dear Diary,

As you know, it's a very lovely morning to stay in for awhile. Just before I turn the tv's channel to the news channel, I thought it would be a good idea to write an entry in here. This past day for me has been stressful, going through a storm by myself wasn't easy. I had to avoid fallen tree branches, broken sticks, rocks, anything that could get in my way as I head into my grandfather's cabin. I guess I could get that thought out of my head now, since it only happened yesterday the day I got here safe sound.

It was freezing out, everything from the mountains and to the rest of Equestria. If the storm becomes more harsh, then I would have to stay in the cabin for another night or more. I might have to stay there for years, away from my friends, away from the home I once knew. My castle in Ponyville. But that fear will never come to past and I know that, and coming to the thought of it , it's time that I get back to what I was doing. A hot drink isn't going to make itself, I have to be able to make it. HmmmMmmm! And if I could write more for this entry, then I would need more inspiration. Oh well.

Twilight Sparkle

Wow, after writing a lot my thoughts down onto one page isn't easy. From what I could expect out of my diary entries, I'd say that this is the first written entry. For me, it's not like have big brain or something, that is particularly insane. No pony have a brain almost the size of a mini hot air balloon, that is also down right silly if you ask me. Okay, now back to the kitchen I go since I'd only turned the channel to a tv show network. And the news doesn't start til 10:30, I still got some time on my hand.

If I miss out on an important news update, well I'm going to be screwed. Not sure what the theme of weather is actually going to be like. Will it still have the harsh blizzard again? I hope not, cause I'm going to be scared to death if that happens. But I'll eventually figure it out soon enough, once I turn the channel to the news. And eventually I'll be able to head out once more, and my grandfather's cabin, is almost like near the next town or village.

One hour passed, and it was already 10:00 in the morning. I shouted out loud," What?! It's 10 already, how can that be possible?!"

I rushed into the kitchen and grabbed a mug from the cupboard, and the hot chocolate powder from a box. I then holded the cup with my magic and filled the mug with the already boiled hot water (which I boiled a few minutes ago) and poured it into the mug. I could smell it, the fresh scent of chocolate and marshmallows, ah, what a scent.

Oh my! The clock, how could I forget that it's almost time to change the channel? It was 10:25 on the clock when I looked up, but this only happened because I was still busy zoning out into space again. If Rainbow were here, she'd know what would be going on with me when I was still in thought. All this time, how could I have been so distracted? My mind was so clouded with thoughts that I never was paying attention to the time, oh silly me. It's just that sometimes it's hard to concentrate on what I'm doing, I hope that it won't again.

I quickly turned on the television and turned to the news, then I turned to the clock to see what time it was. "Oh, it's around 10:27. I made it just in time to watch the news".

Once I turned on the t.v, I immediately went through 13 channels til I could find the news network. While I was browsing through the channels, almost every show I saw had different time showings. Damn, I missed my favorite teen sitcom comedy! It started showing last night and now I missed it because I was too tired yesterday to even do anything else. And it was good thing my alarm didn't go off, or else I wouldn't be able to wake up at the right time to do anything.

Unlike Rainbow Dash, I'm not that of a sport or anything. I like being me, and if I were to have wings like her then she would have to teach me how to fly. And she would have to be my flying coach, and Dash was the expert flyer of the "Mane 6" as we friends called our group. We're very well known in Canterlot and had saved Equestria from destruction more than once, and we gained our new power through our friendship and wielded the Elements of Harmony.

I still remember those times, the day I was so shy to meet my friends and I had a little trouble talking to them at first glance. I said to himself. "The fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends, but the opposite's true. The friendship's I've made here are true." Alright Twilight, this is no time to space out! The news is about to start, don't threaten yourself to do anything else.

Soon the news turned on and I almost freaked out because I didn't realized that I turned up the volume. Gosh, what's wrong with me? I always thought that I was the only one who was like this, but now I'm acting like Dash all over again. Oh, for Pete's sake, I shouldn't be acting like this I'm a grown-up mare. No matter how many times I tell myself to get over it, acting like somepony else again, it feels like I just do it again. I'm gonna kill myself for that if it ever happens again.

I think to myself. "Okay, the news is still playing, so I should be able to listen to what the reporter is saying." Now I'm really zoning---out.

Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus in all of Ponyville, there are many things that I really want to say about her. But with her schedule being tight, she's been going to flight practices at the Wonderbolt's HQ and taking her sweet time. Being a member of the wonderbolt's reserve isn't easy, there's intense work-outs she has to practice on her own, flying obstacles......what else was it to her? Together, my friends and I have befriended three of the members: Soarin, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot. One of the three main flyers of the group, they're fast, energetic, and really hyped about what they accomplish.

But now that there with Rainbow Dash, she wouldn't be alone. With winter in season, they have to stay in and take a really long break from a tiring training. Hearth's Warming Eve is coming up, and my friends are probably starting to arrange decorations up, no wonder the blizzard is harsh during this time of year. I'll have to get use to it, me being alone by myself isn't a choice, it's a decisive plan of course. Got a few more days til the holidays, and then I can move with my journey.

Really? Did my friends think that they were that crazy about me wandering off on my own like this? I knew that I was a coward for doing this, but it's the right thing to do and my own personal decision. Okay, maybe I should find a fir tree that is just the right size for the cabin, definitely that this house needs a good fir tree. Then I'll hang up a stocking right above the fire place, all the decorating that I need is in the cabin. I go into the closet and find a box full of hearth's warming decor! Wow, just wow! As I held the box, a note falls out of the box. Who's it from? Dr. Hooves?


To be continued.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 2, sorry for updating late.