• Published 10th Mar 2015
  • 6,605 Views, 298 Comments

Inner Demons - Spider8ite



Vinyl discovers that her girlfriend, Octavia, is a demon that’s also half succubus. Wait a minute…

  • ...
37
 298
 6,605

Chapter Three: Parents

Author's Note:

Hey people! Once again, more updates! References everywhere in this, really. Thanks once again to VitalSpark and now God of Physics, chocolate for them! And I hope you all like it :3

P.S.: Remembrance Day is totally inspired by a Twidash fanfic. Judge me.

I’m not quite sure how my face must have looked, but I remember that I just stood there holding the door, dumbstruck. My legs felt wobbly and I counted to ten while I tried to regain my composure. I didn’t want Vinyl to see this, so I stepped through the door, closing it behind me.

“Aren’t you happy to see us, Octavia?” my father asked with a diabolical smile. (Well, he was the devil himself.) His hair was a gray tone, and he had brown eyes that that glimmered with hellfire. Perhaps it was to demonstrate who he was to humans and to the creatures of the night. He was Dante, the King of all Demons.

“I…” I looked at my mother and she smiled at me. I wasn’t able to resist giving her a hug. “I missed you so much, mom.”

“I know, darling. I missed you too.” She ran her hand down my cheek and smiled. “You’re so beautiful, my daughter.” Her eyes and her smile could charm anyone in the world, or in the underworld, so it wasn’t a big surprise that my father had married her. She had a beautiful body, full of curves, and she had long black hair and dark purple eyes; I took after her. She was Eisheth, the Queen of Succubi.

Dante coughed. “And what about me?” He raised an eyebrow.

I gave him hug too, and then frowned at him. “What do you want?”

“Don’t you remember? Your skills! The whole reason you’re here was because of our little… incident back at home, years ago.” My father smiled. “So…? Your demon and succubus skills: how are they? How many victims have you had?”

I hesitated for a moment, but my mother gestured to encourage me. I gulped. “None. I haven’t killed anyone. I haven’t caused problems for anyone. I’m sorry…”

My father looked at me and then at my mother. I knew he was going to fly into a rage. 3, 2, 1 and…

“WHAT?!” His hands shook in the air and his eyes showed pure fire. There: Dante getting mad.

“Calm down, dear.” My mother rubbed his shoulders. “The doctor told you that you must not get mad like that. Remember?”

“Okay, okay, fine, fine. I’m cool. I’m fine.” He shrugged her off his shoulders, sighed and rubbed his temples. “So you haven’t learned anything?” I shook my head — I must admit I wanted to laugh a little seeing him like that. “Nothing? Zero? None? Nadda? Nothing at all?” I shook my head again and he buried his face in his palm.

“But…” I suggested, “I think I have an idea that might work for both of us.”

He smiled. “What’s that my dear?”

“Well, dad, it’s something you like very much: a deal. Everybody knows the devil will never turn down the opportunity to make a deal. The devil must be the mighty one, and he will be. He must be courageous and smart, and I know you are dad. So…” I looked up for a moment and saw that dad had conjured up two chairs using his black magic and my parents were sitting on them, drinking some kind of spicy drink. “Have you two even been listening to a word I’ve been saying?”

“Go on, darling, I think I’m starting to like this!”

“Okay, the deal is…” I heard a noise inside the hut behind us. “You two can come to my house tomorrow. And I know you know where my house is — you sent me a letter. You will stay with me for a year. I’ll show you my life and you will understand why I want to stay in this world, and not be the Princess of Hell. You will learn new things. I want to spend time with you two too. I love you both, that’s why I want you to accept my deal. Meanwhile, Sir Ganjir can take care of Hell, can’t he?” I stopped to take a breath after explaining everything so quickly. “So do we have a deal?”

“But what do I gain from it? What if I don’t like it?”

“Then I go back to Hell, and learn all I have to. I’ll be the Princess of Hell.”

He scratched his chin for a moment and stood up, “Perfecto!” he hugged me. “You know I love you, right?”

“But you know that this won’t be easy, right?”

“I’m the devil himself! I think I can manage! We can disguise ourselves and act like the…” Dante stopped and shuddered, “… normal humans do. Well, whatever, we’re going to do it!” Dante was really excited, I’d never seem him like this. It made me smile. My mother nodded while clapping.

“Now I think that it’s time for you two to go. I don’t think anyone would like to see the devil here,” I said, looking around to make sure nobody had seen us. We all hugged each other. “Tomorrow I’ll let you meet someone I know you’ll like, mom. Or I hope so…”

“Who is?”

“Someone really loud and perverted, but she can be lovely when she wants to.”

“Oh! I already like this person!” she said and smiled brightly making me laugh.

“Bye bye, my dear daughter, you’d better be serious. I don’t want to get into a really big rage again. You know how I hate when I have to do that, right?” Dante made a face like an innocent victim.

“Bye, mom; bye, dad.”

He snapped his fingers and the two were gone. They’d probably disappeared to one of their earthly hideouts or some place like that. I sighed and walked into the hut again.

“Who was that?”, Vinyl Scratch asked.

“Just… Twilight wanting to know where I put her book.”

“Okay…” She turned to the side to get something from her purse which she’d left beside the bed for some reason. “So let’s try something I brought for tonight.”

I widened my eyes. “Vinyl what’s… that?

“Just a lil’ surprise, Octopussy, now c’mere.” She beckoned me seductively with one finger.

I didn’t think twice. Tonight was going to be a good night.


We had gone home early, which was torture on my legs, still aching from the night before; a wonderful night indeed.

We said goodbye to everyone, since we wouldn’t all get together until Remembrance Day; we were all very busy before that, which was a shame. But I really felt more confident introducing my parents to Vinyl without extra people being around.

As soon as we got home, Vinyl threw herself on the couch, crossing her arms, closing her eyes, and letting out a satisfied sigh. Wub Wub, pleased to see us, stood on the couch and started barking.

I raised an eyebrow. “Why so happy?”

“What? Can’t I just relax, Tavi?” she said with her eyes still closed, and stroking Wub Wub’s fur. He lay on his favourite part of Vinyl’s chest and fell asleep. “I’m tired, but…” She lifted Wub Wub off her and stood up, leaving him on the couch. “… I have work to do.”

“Working on a Sunday?!” I asked and Vinyl nodded. “I never knew what a wonderful and productive woman I had!” I joked and she gave me a frown. “But you can’t go.”

“Wait… why?”

“Because… I have important visitors today, okay? And they will be important to you as well, so you need to stay here. You can go to the studio to catch up next Sunday, but I promised them that they could meet you.” I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Wub Wub climbed onto the couch and lay in my lap.

“Okay. But who are they? FBI, CSI, or the MIB or something like that?”

“MI- Vinyl, you watch too much movies,” I laughed.

“You may be right. Tell me, who are they?” She sidled up beside me on the couch and started stroking my hair. “Oh, come on! Tavi, you know I love you. Who…” Vinyl widened her eyes. “Oh no, you didn’t find out, did you?”

“What?”

“Oh Faust! You never told them about me and…”

*Ding Dong*

Wub Wub jumped out of my lap to bark at the door. “Coming!” I called, standing and walking towards the door.

I looked at Vinyl and she gave me a suspicious look. “Who is it? The European police? Interpol?” She looked left and right. “I was only banned from one city!” I crossed my arms and looked at her. “Okay, Tavi, so it was five cities, but no more. It could have been worse: my mom can’t go to Europe, and is banned from many restaurants in San Francisco and Japan.”

“Awesome example your mother sets you, dear.” I went to the door and opened it. I looked at my parents and buried my face in my palm. “Why are you two grinning like psychopaths?!”

“Aren’t you even going to say ‘hello’, dear?” my father asked, clenching his teeth.

“Firstly, hello. Secondly…” I gave an exasperated sigh. “… couldn’t you at least try to look normal?!”

“What? I think I look perfectly normal, little Tavia.”

“Me too. I thought people wore dresses in this world. They do, don’t they?” My mom asked, gesturing at her full length black evening gown.

“Yes, we do, but not like that. Or only for important events, mom. I thought you two knew more about this place. Don’t you two come here sometimes?”

They looked at each other. “No, not really.”

I opened my mouth to say something, but words failed me. I closed the door behind me, and paced up and down the little hallway outside our apartment, rubbing my temples and thinking about what to do. “Okay, so you two say that you were having a party at our mansion in… Trottingham and… and you had to get here early so you didn’t have time to change your clothes. OK?”

The both nodded.

“Now don’t be too formal. Just act like you do with me. And don’t, under any circumstances, talk about your tartar collection because it’s just weird and, I must say, a little boring.” My father looked offended. “What?”

“I must say, these people who don’t like to listen to me talking about my tartar — they don’t have any sense of what’s really good in life. I mean, who doesn’t like tartar?” he asked looking at me and my mom.

“Darling, I have to tell you… Cerberus, our old postman, our new postman, Faust, Miss Death — they’ve all told me it’s boring. Even I think it’s boring. I’m sorry.” She shrugged.

Dante folded his arms and sighed. “Philistines…” he muttered under his breath. I shook my head, worried whether this would ever work. “Continue please,” he said.

“Then are you two going to do what I say?” I asked. They nodded in response, “Okay. Then listen to me: she is… kinda crazy. When you get to know her, I mean really get to know her, which is probably about four seconds after you meet her, she can be REALLY exhausting and can ask very inappropriate questions. So you’d better brace yourselves.”

I turned to open the door but my father interrupted. “Wait? Who is she? A banshee? A valkyrie? Oh, she’s not one of the gorgons, is she?”

“Worse. I think Vinyl is already in your list.”

My parents looked at each other and my father smiled at me, as if he liked the idea of me being with someone who was on his list. “Five words, my dear: I'm going to like it.”

“I hope so…” I murmured. And then I opened the door to insanity; I just didn’t know it yet.