• Published 10th Mar 2015
  • 6,605 Views, 298 Comments

Inner Demons - Spider8ite



Vinyl discovers that her girlfriend, Octavia, is a demon that’s also half succubus. Wait a minute…

  • ...
37
 298
 6,605

Chapter Thirteen: Rescue in the Midnight

Dante gazed out through the window of Amaka’s guest room. To a stranger looking back, his absent expression would have betrayed none of the determination I could tell he was feeling. The room was illuminated only by the full moon and the light of a single candle. The fresh night air wafted through the small opening in the window, carrying with it the sound of a distant howl. Dante nodded with a cynical smile.

I sat in a little wooden chair thinking. Amaka’s house might have been in middle of the forest, but it was quite cozy. She had everything she needed there: a place to make her potions and spells, her own library, a large kitchen, a research laboratory, even a pool room! Amaka had said she’d created it with one single spell only thinking about her dream house. Even the guest room looked good — with two beds, a large window, a snooker table, an antique piano in the corner, and a big dog bed that actually belonged to Scar, but where Wub Wub was currently relaxing having spent some time playing with Scar, the manticore cub.

My father glanced at his watch. “It’s midnight right now. Let’s go. The sooner we get there, the sooner we will end this.” He rose from the bed and walked to the door, opening it and being received by Amaka with a smile, as always. She looked really happy most of the time. I think Pinkie Pie and Amaka would go really well as friends. Or maybe they would make a big mess… okay, maybe it’s better not think about what would happen if they met, I thought remembering how I had met Pinkie, and it wasn’t with the help of Vinyl.

“You’re already going?! But I’ve just made a chocolate cake… with ice cream on the top. You can’t simply walk away at the best part!” Amaka exclaimed as she entered the room carrying a dish with a slice of cake on it and gave it to my father. “C’mon, it’s cake. I want to see him dead of course but… it’s cake. You can’t go into battle on an empty stomache, can you?” Yes, she and Pinkie would definitely be best of friends.

“Sorry, Amaka,” my father began with a kind smile, “maybe we can have cake to celebrate when we end this. I can even bring Eisheth here. I think you would be happy to see her again and I know she would be happy to see you. But now” — he walked through the door — “we must go. Thank you for everything, Amaka.”

“I would ask Faust bless you, but I don’t think you want that. So I will just wish good luck on your rescue,” she said as we walked downstairs. “The sword is right there,” Amaka pointed to Vinyl with a smile. She was practicing attack movements with it while Scar watched her with his dark blue eyes, curious.

My father walked to Vinyl and took the sword from her hand. “Hey! I was just practicing. I’m going to do it, right?” Vinyl said, puffing out her chest. “But I don’t think we even need that dumb cursed sword! My bass cannon—”

“No, you’re not — I am. I know my own plan, and that is me getting this sword while someone else distracts Fenrir, making him turn his back so I can hit him with the sword, killing him. That’s it. None of this involves you.” I pointed at her and after a second I heard a funny laugh coming from Dante.

“You think Fenrir is an idiot? He might look like one, but he is not. He is a Lycan and his species have the best senses after Vampires. He could hear you coming from half a mile away, and probably smell you too.” He stopped and crossed his arms, but then gave me a grin. “Of course, if you think you can do it… I will let you. I believe you are strong just like me and your mother. You can be stronger than him if you want to.” Dante walked to me and gave me the sword. “I’m sure you can do it.”

“Oh, but… oh, go to heck with it!” Vinyl snort crossing her arms and looking away.

I smiled and walked to her. “You look like a kid that didn’t get her Christmas present, Vinyl. Silly.” I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I heard Amaka let out a little ‘aww’ so I turned back with a expression full of curiosity and a blush on my face. I looked back at Dante who was playing with Scar now. “We must go now” — I turned to Amaka — “I promise we will come back and eat some cake.” I gave her a kind smile and she answered that with a tight hug. “Uuugh, Amaka you… you’re breaking my back…”

“Oh, sorry, hehe. Oh! Here’s a thing…” Amaka turned back to get something from the table. “A flower. But a special one — it’s the lucky daisy. Like the name suggests, it’s supposed to give you luck.” She put the beautiful green flower behind my ear. “It also makes you more beautiful,” the old woman said as we walked to the door.

I blushed. “Thanks.”

“Thank you for everything, Amaka. Before I get back to Tartarus, I’ll be sure to have some cake because I know you bake the best around here!” My father winked at her. “Now let’s go. I’ll teletransport us there and we will do what I said. We just need to seem as trustworthy as we can, but lie.”

“Good luck, you will all need it.” Amaka waved with a kind smile, but then her eyes widened. “Oh, and don’t forget to—” Before Amaka could say anything else a big glow appeared just like the first time Dante had teleported us. It was a weird feeling — I felt faint, with the black from my vision becoming first white then every colour of the rainbow, with odd images and stars everywhere. It was not the best sensation to feel.

With a “fiuu” sound we fell to the ground. It was probably the worst part of being teleported. Vinyl growled something and got up with Wub Wub in her arms, looking around. “They sure have a big place here, right? A spooky castle in middle of a forest. Is there any better way to enjoy your night?” She joked and my father rolled his eyes, standing up. I giggled and shook my head at Vinyl.

‘Stop complaining. It could be a lot worse than this,” I said as Vinyl walked beside me and gave a laugh that echoed through the place.

“Yeah, it sure could — like an old pizzeria full of furry looking animals trying to kill you and get you stuffed into an animatronic suit!” Vinyl exclaimed and I rose an eyebrow. Vinyl grinned at me. “What?”

“You’ve been playing too much of that silly game with Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, haven’t you?”

“It isn’t a silly—! It’s…” She started, but stopped when her shout disturbed a group of bats nested in a scary old tree beside the castle entrance. The bats flew at us. My eyes popped open and I let the sword fall. I grabbed at Vinyl’s arm, pulling her down to the ground to protect her from the aerial assault, closing my eyes and covering our heads with my hands. What could I do? It was an instinct.

I opened my eyes when I heard Vinyl laughing at me. I gave her a little punch, blushing and then picking the sword up from the ground.

“Now you’re scared, huh, Tavi?” Vinyl gave one last laugh and gave me a playful kiss.

We became silent as we listened to the wind and looked around the place. It wasn’t the nicest place — an old castle in middle of a forest with legends about giant wolves, a death garden full of twisted scary-looking long-dead trees, and bats watching us with their glowing eyes, as if they were waiting for something. I could hear the howling of wolves getting closer as we approached the castle.

From outside it was bad, but from inside it was worse. I would have preferred to meet Fenrir in middle of the forest — at least there would be no pictures hanging on the walls that seemed to be staring at you and plotting something. There was a large portrait of Fenrir there — he was smiling proudly in his human form. We all stopped to look at it. Everything was silent there.

Wub Wub let out a bark, making me jump as I was so focused. He jumped out of Vinyl’s arms, dashing up the giant old wooden staircase, leaving footprints in the thin layer of dust covering the ornate stair carpet. “Wub Wub, where the hell d’you think you’re going?!” Vinyl exclaimed beginning to run after the little dog. She stopped and looked at us. “Are you two staying here, or are you going to do something?”

My father shrugged and so we followed the dog’s path. The castle was full of empty suits of armour, and decorated with the mounted heads of animals like deers and elks on the walls — probably the kinds of animals that Lycans hunt. The next room however had nothing to do with the Lycans — they only had new things there: a big table with wine that… wasn’t really wine, red curtains, a golden carpet, more pictures — everything new. Given that the alliance made with the Vampires was new, I would judge that this was their dining room.

We passed through a lot of rooms, going upstairs and downstairs to finally find out what Wub Wub was wanting to show us. We looked at it through a window, trying to hide: the place where Fenrir and Nosferatu were. A big old hut where not just they, but some other Vampires and Lycans were talking, guarding or just joking around in the case of the stupid ones. It was the voice of my mother that had helped Wub Wub find them — Eisheth was talking with Fenrir in an angry tone and Fenrir didn’t seem to like it. His patience seemed to be wearing thin that night.

“Okay,” Dante whispered. “It’s a big place, and that means we have room to fight. I’m going to do some negotiations with Fenrir. Use your magic to hide the sword — you can finally show your true form. You know what to do after this, right?” he asked me and I nodded, taking off my bowtie. Suddenly wings and a pointy tail appeared with not a glow, but black smoke. “Great,” my father said with a smile. “You look good.”

Vinyl stared. “Wow…” That was the only thing that came from her mouth. I giggled and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

He turned to Vinyl. “The Vampires might look loyal, but they are not. The first opportunity they see, they’ll betray him and leave without saying a word. We don’t need to worry much about them. Just don’t get bitten, Vinyl.”

“Sure, old man. Hey… being a vampire would be cool, no?” Vinyl looked at me with a smirk. “Our love story would be better than—”

“Complete that phrase and I will punch you, Vinyl,” I said slowly to make it clear. She shut up and tried to hold in her laugh. I sighed and smiled at her silliness.

“Shall we go?” I asked.

My father nodded determined and finally walked up to the door and opened it.

“Where is this— Oh, Dante, my friend! You know what they say: ‘speak of the devil…’,” Fenrir said in a cheerful tone before turning back to Eisheth who was tied to a chair to one side of him. She growled, but as soon as her eyes came to us, my mother gave us a loving smile, though a weak one, Fenrir having already taken her powers away. “And we have a family reunion tonight. Maybe this will bring peace to everyone for once.” He smirked at my father. “So… give it to us. As my dear friend here has taken your wife's power, I will have yours.”

“But first: the Red Rock…” my father said, clenching his teeth, his eyes following Fenrir's actions.

“Oh, but of course!” Fenrir exclaimed. Then we heard a click coming from the door behind us — it was locked now. “Now that no one can go away running away, here… take it.” Fenrir levitated the Red Rock with his magic and put in my father’s hands. “It’s all yours, Dante.”

Vinyl nudged me. “Those Vampires won’t stop looking at me like that… I’m getting nervous…” she whispered.

“And what about my wife?” Dante asked.

“Meh… here… have her. I was getting sick of her constant whining anyway.” He untied her and pushed her off the chair, making Eisheth to fall in the ground. She was looking older and frail, and even though she wasn’t wearing the necklace that usually gave her her disguise, she was missing her wings and fangs. My father helped her get up. “Now you have your side of the bargain.” He knelt on the ground, closing his eyes.

Vinyl nudged me again. At her prompt I sneaked slowly behind Fenrir, sidling up to a Lycan who looked at me with suspicion. I gave him a smile. “Uh… I think Brad is calling you, hehe.” I pointed at a guard who was almost sleeping.

“Brad? His name is… Dingo!” he exclaimed.

“His name is Dingo Brad Alaska. That’s his name. How can I know more than you?” I said and he shrugged. He walked away and finally I could do it: I used my magic to draw the sword, while everyone was paying attention to Fenrir reciting his last words before he could take my father’s powers.

“Fenrir!” a Vampire exclaimed and I raised the sword quickly but nervously, holding onto it tight. “She has the sword!”

“Huh?” Fenrir turned to me with a mad look and then to my father. “You didn’t just do that…” Fenrir snapped his fingers and suddenly Vampires and Lycans pounced towards Vinyl. But she was agile and strong enough, dodging and beating up her opponents with the help of the brave little Wub Wub. “And you!” Fenrir turned shouting. He waved his hands, casting a spell in my direction. I closed my eyes and pointed the sword in front of me, trying in some way to deflect the magic.

I heard my name being screamed — Vinyl — but after second, I felt nothing. After a minute, nothing. I opened my eyes and I was alive. I was okay. The fight had stopped. Everything was silent now, because a body was lying on the ground. Vinyl, she saved me… I widened my eyes and automatically ran to her. “Vinyl… why did you did that?”

“See what love brings?!” Fenrir said and laughed at me. “It hurts. At least now you know that. Now…” he turned to my father, not paying any attention to me.

Tears started rolling in my face, but I didn’t care if I looked pathetic. Wub Wub came to my side licking my hand, like he was trying to comfort me. I rested my face on Vinyl’s chest for a moment, hearing nothing. “Why… you know I love you… so why did you do that to me? To us?” I whispered, sobbing and ignoring the fact that Fenrir had begun to draw on my father’s powers, to get what he needed. “I know you can be idiot sometimes. You can drive me mad with your craziness, but that’s what make it count. That’s why I love you… I loved you…”

I closed my eyes, but I felt a hand going through my hair. I opened my eyes in surprise. “You really thought I (cough) would stop annoying you so soon, Tavi?” Vinyl said in a weak voice. I couldn’t help giving the tightest hug I’d ever given her and a kiss — not a normal one, but one that made me feel butterflies in my belly. When we finally separated, I shook my head.

“Why you did that?!” I exclaimed.

“Did I ever said you look mad when you’re beautiful, Octavia?” Vinyl asked with a smile, making reference to my favourite TV series. “And I love you too. But I think you have a butt to kick, right?”

I nodded and gave her a last kiss. I took up the sword, watching my father fall on the ground, weak without his powers. Fenrir had finally gotten all of it. “And now your little—”

“No, Fenrir! (cough) She wasn’t part of the deal!” Dante exclaimed, his eyes flicking towards me.

“Shut up!” Fenrir shouted as he turned to me. “You—”

But I was faster than he was — one strike sent the sword straight through his heart. Everyone gasped and my father smiled, saying a little “yes” as his powers spilled back into his body, and he rose like a whole new demon.

Nosferatu growled and walked towards me. “Don’t take another step. Get out of here and never come back, or you will go the same way he did,” I said slowly and Nosferatu stopped, looking around. His minions were beginning to back away. “If you come back, I’ll not be afraid to use my powers and this sword against all of you, one by one. And give Eisheth’s powers back!”

Nosferatu gulped. “Eh… very well, we are going now.” Nosferatu said some words in a odd language and a blue glow appeared around his body, radiating towards my mother’s chest.

“Let’s go!” Nosferatu announced to his followers. They followed the Vampire leader. Before he walked out the door, he turned to my father. “Well played, Dante. Very well played.” With that they ran through the fog, disappearing into the night.

I gave a large sigh, letting the sword fall down and glanced at Fenrir's body with a satisfied smile. “I think it’s over now.”

“Yes it is.” My mom walked to me and gave me a hug. Soon my father looked at us and joined us, and then Vinyl did the same. “I think we’d better go home now. I need one more week with my daughter before we go back to hell after all this mess.”

“I agree with you, Eishe,” Vinyl said with a smile. “Eishe… cool nickname, right?”

I giggled. “You’re so silly, Vinyl…”

“Oh, but that’s why you love me! You said it!” Vinyl exclaimed.

Finally, peace.

Author's Note:


Actually MORE, and we have a Epilogue soon. This was again edited by VitalSpark, so give him more hugs!