• Published 10th Mar 2015
  • 6,601 Views, 298 Comments

Inner Demons - Spider8ite



Vinyl discovers that her girlfriend, Octavia, is a demon that’s also half succubus. Wait a minute…

  • ...
37
 298
 6,601

Chapter Eight: The Signal to Go

It was a long day at work, and as soon as I got back to the apartment, I tore into Vinyl for her actions the previous night. Eventually I found myself lying on the little outdoor couch on the balcony with Vinyl beside me, trying to apologize. “At least I got paid, and for doing almost nothing!” she said laughing sheepishly and I frowned.

“Exactly, if you didn’t need to do anything, why did you have to make us go with you? I almost missed my appointment this morning!” I stopped and looked at her; she was trying to suppress a giggle. “Laugh all you want — I don’t care.” I crossed my arms and stared at the floor of the balcony upstairs.

“Yeah, Tavi, but you didn’t miss it, did you?” Vinyl kissed the top of my head and stroked my sides. “Don’t be like that. Anyway, your folks needed to relax! And they liked it!”

I lay in silence for a moment. “Okay, okay, you’re probably right. They did need to unwind.”

“Hehe, I’m always right!” Vinyl boasted with a smirk.

I scowled at her and she looked away, but then I giggled. “You’re stupid, Vinyl.” I sighed, closing my eyes and clinging to her.

“You know…” Vinyl broke the silence, “I think you should try to go out and spend a little time with your father while I play my gig tonight. I’ll be back at ten and then, you know, we could do something if ya’ aren’t tired.” Vinyl smirked.

I raised an eyebrow, “Firstly, I’m still not happy with you. And secondly, what about my mother?”

“She can stay here, can’t she? She’ll be okay on her own for a couple of hours. I just think you should try to spend some time with him. You two don’t look… close. It’s like you’ve never had a chance to be with him alone and… talk about stuff.”

I sighed. “I’ve tried. Years ago, I tried. But you’re right… again. We’ve had some fights in the past,” I sighed. “We aren’t really the closest, but that was a long time ago. Maybe we’ve each changed since then? Maybe we should try to put the past in the past…” I stopped when I felt a hand gently stroking my hair. “I can do this.”

“You will, Buttavia. I think he has some stuff to tell you too.” We rose together and she smiled at me.

I giggled. “I didn’t know I had a personal adviser at home.”

“Nah Tavi, I’m just trying to make you happy. Since he’s been here I’ve seen that look in your eyes — you look worried for some reason.” Vinyl said with a coquettish smile. “So… some good advice… how many points do I receive?”

“Idiot…” I leaned over and gave her a kiss.

“I know. I just don’t want to see you end up like my family,” Vinyl said, hugging me. Her father didn’t really approve of Vinyl’s life choices and how she behaved — working as a DJ, being a lesbian — those were just two of his complaints. And as always Vinyl didn’t care. Vinyl would have liked to be closer to her family, but her father didn’t make it easy. “Now I’ve got to get ready to rave.” She gave me one last kiss and went inside to get changed.

I stood there for a moment. I really needed to have a little talk with Dante. And stop calling him Dante and start calling him ‘dad’ or something like that. I needed to forget the past; after all, that was one of my reasons for inviting them to stay.

And I knew just the right place to take him.


“Why are we here? And why isn’t your mother here too?” my father asked with a raised eyebrow, looking around. It was night and the whole city was lit up with twinkling lights; everybody in the city was talking about what would be happening soon: Remembrance Day was coming. The park was no different, there were lights everywhere, and people preparing decorations in different colors.

“I just wanted to talk with you.”

“About what?”

“I know that you’re still thinking about the past, just like I do…” I said. He looked at me.

“You mean our disagreement? When I sent you here?” he asked. I nodded. Dante sighed and stared his feet while walking. “So we are here to talk about what an idiot I was, right?”

“What? No! We’re here so I can tell you how sorry I am for not being the person you wanted me to be. Or the demon.” I looked at him, still with his head down. “You shouldn’t think you’re an idiot. You’re not. You were just sticking to your beliefs, dad. And it’s thanks to you sending me here that I have the most wonderful life now.” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“I’ve been here for days now, but… I-I felt like you hated me for doing that.” He let out a long sigh. “You know, our deal… it can be broken now — if you want to. I don’t care if you can’t, or don’t want to be a demon, or use your succubus skills on people. I know that our castle back in hell can be a little…”

“Lonely?”

“Yes, lonely. Your mother and I were… alone. I missed you.” He bit his lip and looked away. “You can’t even imagine how many times I cursed myself for sending you here. It was wrong of me.” We came to a bench, and sat down. After a few moments of silence he looked at me. “You can hate me now if you want. Because I didn’t want to do that. We missed you; even Cerberus missed you.”

I giggled. “He liked to play with me.”

“Yeah…” We both let out wistful sighs. “And I missed the sound of your cello. Maybe you could play for me some day?”

“I can. And I don’t hate you, I could never hate you. And I won’t go back on our deal. I never used to break my promises as a kid, did I?” He gave me a sad smile. “You’re still sad? Do I have to say that I love you, dad?”

“No, it’s just… I never said I’m sorry. But here it is… I’m sorry for everything. The fights, the psychologist, the forced training, sending you here… I’m sorry for it all. Even if you found somebody here to love, and somebody who loves you, and you have a good life, I’m still sorry. And I’m glad you don’t hate me, even if I deserve it.” My father looked at me curiously. “Now where is my award?” he joked.

“Here your award,” I said laughing and leaned in to give him a hug. “Don’t worry, I love you, daddy.”

“I love you too, my little Octy.”


After some time talking and walking around and showing him some new food, we were back at the apartment. My father had loved cotton candy — he said he had actually already tried it. I wondered how.

We walked into the apartment; everything was quiet and the lights were off. Strange...

“Dear, we’re back!” my father announced, walking into the living room. He got no response. “Dear?” he called again.

I raised an eyebrow. “Where’s mom?” I asked, looking around. “Did she—”

A noise drew our attention and a cloud of black smoke appeared magically before forming into a man's body. My father’s eyes widened. "It can’t be…” He approached me and put his arms around me protectively. “Octavia, stand back.” He pulled me back. “What do you want here?”

“What lack of courtesy, Dante!” the man exclaimed pretending to be offended. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you. No ‘welcome’? No ‘how are you’? No friendly hug?” He approached my father and grinned. My father lunged at him, but his fist went straight through his body. “Silly demon… black magic — you can’t hurt me! I’m not here, not exactly.”

He walked around us, glaring at us like a shark observing his prey. His eyes, two yellow shining eyes, scared me. It was as if he could kill someone with only his stare. “So that’s the little demon?” He smirked at me. “So cute to see father and daughter together. Shame that mommy isn’t here to see how you two forgave each other. Bleh!”

“What have you done with her?!” Dante roared.

“Calm down. Hold your horses, Dan. Your wife is safe in my cove at the Long Claw Woods. The vampires and my fellow lycans are taking good care of her. She will be quite alright if you do everything that’s asked of you, and don’t try anything stupid.” He produced a chair with his magic and sat. “I’m here to tell you that Hell’s Gate will open next week. Souls will posses bodies and demons will at last have their freedom! I’ll be a hero!” He clasped his hands together and smiled. “But to be hero, or to be powerful? They’re both good options, but I choose the latter. Well, I and Nosferatu do.”

“What do you mean, you bastard?” my father fumed.

“I mean that we can give you the Red Rock back, in exchange for taking your powers. You’ll still be able to return to hell with your wife, and live your pathetic little demon life, much as you always have. I would just be happy to see you suffer, die — but Nosferatu convinced me to give you options.” He smirked and crossed legs. “But if you choose not to give up your powers, then the Red Rock will be destroyed, and you can say goodbye to your precious love, Eisheth.” He gestured to his side where a mirror appeared and showed my mother tied up in a chair, surrounded by wolves.

“No! Don’t you lay a hand on her!” my father screamed. “I… I’ll give you my powers, Fenrir.”

“I knew you weren’t an idiot!” Fenrir exclaimed getting up. “Just don’t make us wait. Nosferatu hates to wait. And I’ll come after you if you don’t come soon.” He gestured at me. “And if I find out you have some kind of plan, then she’s next. Meet us at the woods. Then everything will be alright.”

“You will pay — Faust will find out.”

“No she won’t, because I’m smart, and we already solved that little problem.” Fenrir laughed showing his wolf-like fangs. “See you later, friend.” He snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Everything was quiet for a long time until we heard a voice. “Wow, I don’t know what that was, but it was… spooky scary!”

We turned to see the owner of the voice behind us. “Vinyl?!”

Author's Note:

Vinyl please could you look here for a moment:

Finally, what was planned since the start. And it begins *evil laugh* As always that was edited by my always brave funny and caring editor know as Sir VitalSpark. Thanks man!
I'm sorry if I'm going to do what I want (do adventure), but... yeah. I'll like it and I know not everyone can enjoy it, but I'll try to not disappoint you all! Seeya!