• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 8,098 Views, 70 Comments

Shimmering Sunset - Darknight293



You're forced to move to a new town after a terrifying fight, will this new town be like the last? Or will you find peace for once in your teenage life?

  • ...
17
 70
 8,098

The Move

You still couldn't believe it happened as you watch the countryside zoom by from the backseat of the car.

How could your parents do this to you, sure what happened was terrible...but to lose your only friends because of it, the ones you've known for years! The only ones outside your family that you could talk to with little worry of being insulted or beaten up. Of course they were other nerds, but friends are friends right?

Now they're making you move to a new town, never to see them again, all because of a fight you didn't cause. Well technically you did cause it, but it was an accident! They just overreacted.

You shiver at the thought of the fight, your right hand instinctively moving to your left arm and gently touching it as your chest feels pained once more. You couldn't see the scars due to your shirt, bandages, and the favorite light, soft jacket that you wore, which had been a gift from your passed grandmother, may she rest in peace. The scar, if you remember right, was long down your arm, from your funny bone to your wrist, from the fight a few weeks ago. Another, much smaller one, on your stomach.

You had spent a week or two before the move in the hospital, recovering from your life threatening experience that now scars you both physically and mentally. The guys who almost killed you were probably still in jail, or got bailed out by their dad, you didn't know him so it's hard to say.

Your parents even picked a place to move to the second you could get out of the hospital, shortening the time you had to linger in the city with a possible second run in. But it meant that you didn't even get to say goodbye to your friends. Sure they visited you in the hospital, but you were partially conscious at the time.

You remember them clearly though from the past times, Clark and David where like the brothers you never had, in terms of how close you all were. Clark never wore glasses but he was like a nerd enough to were you guys where his only friends. His parents got a divorce about two years ago and he's living with his mother, a touchy subject.

David was probably the calmest among your small group, he never said much but when he did he seemed to be the smartest as well. Though he was always...distant.

There was also a girl among your group, Amber. You remember that she was a shy girl with freckles that made her kinda cute, but seemed to have confidence when answering complex math equations that made most people's head either spin or shut down.

Your mind starts to drift further and further from these thoughts as you lay your head back, falling asleep, you needed it anyway to replenish the rest of the lost blood, and it might be a few more hours before you reach Canterlot.

'Canterlot....would it be like Hoofington?' You thought, just before reality seems to slip away and the sounds of the car disappear.

You hit the wall with a loud thud as you drop to the dirty alleyway ground, your three assailants grinning at your helpless form while you cough out blood. Your right eye was going purple from the hit it took, your glasses lie on the ground, broken. Your vision was blurred if you looked at something further than a few feet from you, but when you look up at them, you freeze. The one in the middle, you remember his name was Billy, had a switchblade in his right hand you could tell because he talked about it a lot when the teachers didn't hear him. His brothers chuckling and laughing at your shock.

"Come on Billy! Give the nerd his punishment for what he did to your motorcycle." The guy on your left said, 'must be Billy's younger brother Ajax', you thought grimly. That meant the other guy to your right was their almost silent, older brother Quin. You knew them all from your highschool, Billy was in the same grade as you, Ajax was in his last grade of Middle school and Quin had already graduated high school.

Billy, a guy about five, maybe six inches taller than you grins wickedly at you, he grabs you by the shirt with his left hand and lifts you up before slamming you against the wall face first, "This is gonna be for me bike nerd, Ajax! Grab his left arm and stretch is out against the wall!"

You struggle in fear as your pupils shrink, desperately trying to come up with words to apologize to him as Ajax grabs your arm and pulls it out against your will, stuttering out your words, "P-please Billy! I'm s-sorry! I'll do whatever you want just please don't h-hurt me!"

Your plea comes onto deaf ears, the switchblade coming to rest on your funny bone. Your body was shaking in fear as you felt the cold metal on your skin, you silently pleaded that someone would save you. Sadly they do not come in time, your scream of pain filling the alleyway street as the switchblade digs into your skin and cuts from your funny bone to the wrist.

Your scream is immediately cut off when the slicing stops as Billy flips you around and knees you in your stomach, making you double over in pain and gasp for air as you cough more blood out. They let you drop to the floor as your arm bleeds, covering it in blood.

"Think he's had enough Ajax?" Billy was looking at his younger brother with a twisted smile on his face.

The younger one shakes his head, grinning madly, "You should teach him to never mess with you again Billy!"

It seemed Billy agreed as he nodded, Quin seemed to do nothing but watch, you had no one to help you here. Your arm bleeding, chest in pain and your eye swollen with some blood on your mouth. You could only lay there and hope they'd show some, or any kind of mercy.

Sadly it seems fate had other plans.

Billy grabs you by the shirt again and lift you up, the switchblade being driven into your stomach, your mouth open in pain and shock but only a gasp of pain coming out, your already blurred vision blacken a bit from the pain before your body recovers from the shock, you hit the ground heaving for breath, feeling the warm liquid that kept you alive on your arm and stomach, staining your shirt.

Billy crouched down to you, barely inside your field of vision, his switchblade covered in your blood, "let this be a lesson to you nerd, you touch me bike again and I'll do more than stab your gut, if you survive right now that is!" He laughs as you struggle on the ground, a small pool of blood starting to form, you found it hard to even stay conscious with all the pain...

Suddenly the laughter stops, you hear yelling and a bright light shines into the alleyway, maybe it was that light people saw before they die? It didn't matter to you, you couldn't even keep your eyes open now as you body loses feeling, the pool of blood was slowly getting bigger.

The last thing you hear was the sound of sirens going off and feeling something or someone picking you up.

You immediately jolt awake, noting the cold sweat on your forehead and the pounding from your heart. It had been a nightmare, it was so real though, it felt real and sounded real...because it had happened to you weeks - or was it a month ago? You try to calm your breathing before you hyperventilate.

"Are you alright, sweetie?"

You look up to see your Mom looking back at your, you got your need for glasses from her side of the family, your father didn't need them to see. Your Mom always found a love for glasses though, strange as it was, she felt smart with them on.

Which reminds you that your glasses appear to be missing, You nod to her as you bend down to look for them on the car floor, "Yes Mom, I just had a bad dream is all," you respond, trying to be calm, "...are we near our home yet?" You ask curiously, even if you disliked the move being rude to your parents would make things worse, at least they cared for you....even if it was annoying at times.

She smiles, "Yes, look out the window."

You follow her words and look out the car window to your left to see the edge of the town just now coming into view. It was the evening so the sun was almost below the horizon, casting a sunset across the town giving it a calm look. A few minutes later the car pulls into a driveway of a two story home within the suburbs.

You get out and help your parents with whatever you brought with you in the car, the movers had already arrived here a day or two ago and placed what your parents gave them into the house where they thought it was best for them to be. As you enter the house you note the living room is to your left which a couch, a chair, a TV and a fireplace on the far-side of the wall.

Behind the couch was the entrance to the kitchen, to the right when you enter the kitchen was the stove, with the microwave above it, and the sink, bunch up with at least a dozen of small, connected cabinets above and below them. There was a back door in the kitchen and also a hallway to the left that led to the laundry room and a bathroom both on the left side, with your parents bedroom at the end of the hallway.

To the right of the entrance to the house is a door that leads into an empty room, which your dad would probably later convert into his work room, for whatever job he gets.The door sat next to the stairs that led to the second floor, on that floor there was a door to the right which would be your room, a bathroom down the hall to the left and another empty room at the end of the hallway.

Once you and your parents finally finish settling in, your mom sits with you on the couch in the living room, the TV was about 40 inches, it amazed you how well the house was compared to the one in Hoofington, it had been cramped there anyhow, but it made you wonder if your parents had been saving up for the move a long time ago. Your Mother turns to you and gives you a few papers, you take and search through them as she speaks.

"They're papers that you'll need for school, you're enrolled in Canterlot High School and you'll be starting tomorrow so no staying up late! Oh and dear, try to make some friends there okay? I know you're still upset about what happened, but this place will be better for you I promise."

You mumble out an "Okay Mom," before she leaves you alone. You shuffle through the papers, the first one you look at is a map of the school, apparently there was trouble with students constantly getting confused by the layout so new students get maps of the school to use for a week or two or till they get their bearings, whichever came first, then turn them into the office.

The next one was a paper signed by your Mother that also required your signature before being turned in to the office, simply declare your enrollment and all that and giving the school the ability to punish you if needed as they see fit and-

'Forget reading the rest of it, it's the same as any other school' you think as you sign your signature and look at the last sheet of paper. This one had your class schedule, locker number and combination it:

Locker Number 121
Locker combination:21-5-13

Period one: Algebra 2
Period two: Chemistry
Period three: Geometry
Period four: Equestrian History
Lunch
Period five: PE(required for this year to complete your two years)
Period six: English 2
Period seven: Culinary Arts
Period eight: Spanish

You were fine with most of these classes...algebra, geometry, and especially history! Even- wait what? PE?! Oh boy...

"Are you kidding me?" You grumble out in frustration, looking at the sheet you realize this paper is telling you that you're required to take two years of Physical Education to pass high school. You only hoped you didn't have to wear a uniform or else the scars could show, and you don't want any attention, not after what you went through. That and you're not much of an athletic person, even if it is PE.

You put the papers with your backpack that rested on the couch, your mom would probably drive you anyway with her overprotectiveness of her's and not let you take the bus. Taking off your jacket you hang it up on a coat rack near the stairs and try to ignore the scar on your arm while you walk upstairs to your room.

When you open the door to your room, you note the desk, chair, and tv on the far side next to the window that was in the middle, your bed to your right and preventing the door from opening more than 90 degrees. You close the door and immediately get into your bed and under the blankets, it was just big enough for about a person and a half, maybe two if they squeezed close, why would your parents get a big bed anyway? Guess they don't want you to fall off it.

You reach over to the nightstand between the bed and the wall, setting the alarm to 5:50 AM before settling down, putting your glasses on the nightstand, and closing your eyes, hoping to not succumb to another nightmare. Silently praying that you wouldn't get bullied on your first day at school.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys will enjoy the story, simply making it up as I go, but those of you that don't like it I have one thing to say.

Oh well....

If you don't like it then that's fine, if it's just because who's in it or the plot, or just downright hate alrighty then. But if it's due to grammar error, punctuation mistakes, or incorrect spelling. Then speak up and let me know! Just because I got a proofreader or two(thanks to daydream and my little sis for helping btw) doesn't mean we'll catch all the mistakes I make.