• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 2,159 Views, 79 Comments

Undazzled - Animegx43



With their futures beginning to look bleak, The Dazzlings decides that it's about time that they return to Equestria, but not only has their old home changed, but they found that they themselves have changed more than they expected.

  • ...
5
 79
 2,159

3. Lack of Funds

Stomachs were filled and minds were relieved, but those were nothing but minor obstacles passed. Before night time, the Dazzlings needed to find shelter to call home, or at least a place to sleep for the night. It was easy for them to steal food, but finding a roof to sleep under couldn't be taken so easily.

They were still new to the town, so they knew nopony, with the sole exception being their arch-nemesis, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer. The idea of them having nowhere to go to reminded Adagio of when they first arrived in the human world. They were not very good memories.

I slept on a park bench on a cold night once already. I'd sooner sleep on top of these two morons than to do that again. Adagio thought. After repressing those memories, she came up with a very simple and lazily thought out solution. "I guess we'll have to share a motel room or something."

With a smile and a sarcastic tone, Aria responded. "Great idea, Adagio. We'll buy a room using the money we don't have."

"Wait! We can do that?" Sonata asked. "Why didn't we just do that at the restaurant?"

Between Aria's smart aleck comments and Sonata's stupid question, Adagio wasn't given much room to think. "Ugh....son of a...listen! It's really simple. We'll just do what we did when we got banished to the human world."

"Oh, you mean sleep on the park bench, right? This time, Aria sleeps underneath it."

Right when the memory got repressed, Sonata had to pull it back out for Adagio. "No. We'll simply earn some money with our music. We may not have our dark magic anymore to manipulate others, but I'm sure we'll scrounge enough to get a room now that our singing voices are back, just like when we first arrived in the human world. After all, who can possibly be resist us?"

"Need I remind you that we made that money by forcing people to empty their wallets?" Aria asked. "I think you once literally told people to empty their wallets!

"You're underestimating us, Aria. Everyone adored us, and all we had to do was sing them a little song, even without the magic. Besides, I think we need to test out our new voices anyway."

Although Aria and Sonata had doubts, they knew that Adagio had the right idea. They made money with their singing before, and while it wouldn't work as well as before, it was all they had to help avoid sleeping on a park bench. They knew that even free-willed individuals would pay good money to hear great music, and that was a service they were certain that they could provide.

It didn't take them very long to get everything needed for a little concert. Adagio found an unused platform by town hall, Sonata wrote a sign saying "tips", and Aria "barrowed" a large hat from a pony, and after that, they were ready. They weren't at a place with good acoustics, but they had to get resourceful in the first place.

"Okay, now follow my lead." Adagio ordered.

"And not my lead." Aria muttered.

"WHAT WAS THAT!?"

"AAHH! N-nothing!"

As Adagio was getting impatient, she didn't bother to ask what Aria was trying to say, nor did she care about how Sonata mocked Aria after getting yelled at. As soon as they placed the hat down next to Sonata's sign, the show began, and it was just as good as any performance they made back in the human world.

"Oh-whoa-oh! Oh-whoa-oh!
You didn't know that you fell.
Oh-whoa-oh! Oh-whoa-oh!"

"Now that you're under our spell."

As they began to sing one of their favourite songs, the Dazzlings quickly managed to gather up a crowd, as their newly returned voices allowed them to entertain the citizens of the town. They charmed the ponies with their voices, and even though they were still getting used to their new pony bodies, they were still able to provide some subtle dance moves for visuals. This was particularly effective for the stallions. The show instantly became a success.

Voice of a goddess and a little sex appeal. They will do wonders. Adagio thought as she sang for the crowd.

The Dazzlings managed to sing for ponies for roughly fifteen minutes before finally given it a rest. While the three were proud of their songs and the town loved it, Adagio wasn't happy with the end results. Mainly because after all that effort, they hardly got any money at all. She expected to have filled up the whole hat, but she could still see the bottom.

"You'd think the voice from a goddess and some sex appeal would make more than just nine bits." The angry Adagio said.

"Well, maybe if I lead, we would've made more than six bits." Aria argued. "How much would we need for a room anyway?"

I suppose that's something I should look into. What we just made should at least help. Adagio thought. "Okay, look. I need a few minutes away from you two. Let's just take a break and meet up later."

"Hey, who's to say that we don't need a break from you too?" Sonata asked.

"That's exactly the kind of thing I'm...UGH!!! Forget it! When I'm ready to deal with you two, we'll figure out our living arrangements then."

As Adagio lost her patience, she stormed off and left Aria and Sonata to do whatever they wanted, not caring for what consequences that would come to them from whatever they decided to do, but it all happened so fast that they didn't even know what they would do next. Since there was still a town to explore, they certainly didn't have a lack of options.

"Did I say something wrong?" Sonata asked.

"No, you were nothing less than a genius." Aria sarcastically said, which put a smile on Sonata's face.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, maybe I wasn't as prepared for this as I thought I was, but this is all nothing more than a series of minor setbacks. Even Aria is more troublesome than these setbacks, and she's the behaved one. All I need to get back on track is a bed to sleep on.

As Adagio walked around the town, which she soon learned was called Ponyville, she kept an eye out to find anything of interest. But, just like the city she had to live in during her stay in the human world, she was given very little to work with, even though she finally returned to a world that was filled with magic. Until she could take over the world again, she was nothing more than an ordinary pony.

While she hated to admit it, she needed to get a job so that she could fund her campaign. She had to start small, so she turned her attention to the first help wanted sign that she saw. It was for a building that looked almost as if it was made out of gingerbread.

"Sugarcube Corner, huh? Sounds like an easy enough job."

Or so she thought.

It didn't even take five minutes before Adagio screamed in agony as she ran out of Sugar Cube corner. A bouncing pink mare tried to follow after her, but Adagio wouldn't let her get near. It was the first time Adagio truly felt terror.

"I can't...I-I just can't! You're worse than Sonata!" Adagio said as she began to lose her sanity.

"OH! You know Sonata too? Dark-grey coat, brownish hair, glasses, and an eyeball for a cutie mark?"

"I-I-I don't even know who the heck you're talking about!"

As she refused to stay for a second longer, Adagio screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran away from the pink nightmare. There was no telling what went on during Adagio's short time of employment, but whatever it was, it wasn't worth minimum wage.

This left the pink mare confused. "I don't see why she screamed bloody murder like that. I was just acquitted for those charges."

As the pink mare pondered about what had happened, Adagio ran and ran as far as she could from Sugarcube Corner. Away from the monster she met.

Okay, I think I lost her.

To make sure that she wasn't being followed, Adagio carelessly looked behind her as she kept running forward. When she did...

BAM!!!

By accident, she ran right into someone, knocking herself down, hurting her head, and briefly became disoriented. She may of hurt herself, but on the bright side, the bump on her head was all that was needed to forget all about the pink mare.

Ow. I hope no one saw me do that.

While no pony actually saw her get hurt, it didn't actually make her feel any better. Even worse, with her dizzy head, she wasn't quite sure what she should've done next. She tried to get a job, but to say that it went bad would be an understatement. Sad and confused, she didn't try to get up and just sat on the ground, angry and miserably.

"Oh my! I'm sorry, I should've been paying attention to where I was going."

A voice snapped Adagio back into reality. A very calm and soothing one at that. She finally realized that when she got knocked down, she knocked down another with her. She stopped feeling angry and sad, and instantly became embarrassed.

She expected to have tackled into another pony, but that wasn't the case. Instead, she collided with a wolf of all creatures, one who was almost half her own size. If the fact that he was a wolf didn't stand out enough, but he also wore a white shirt, a purple vest, and a purple tie.

While all of that would make the wolf very distinguishable among the ponies, something about the wolf, as well as the voice she heard, had made Adagio tick. Something more than the odd appearance of the person she met confused her.

"I suppose I shouldn't have been trying to read a book while walking. I hope I caused no harm."

Adagio didn't speak a word. Something about the wolf made it impossible for that. Instead, she simply shook her head in response, and allowed him to walk away. Even as he walked away, Adagio couldn't help be draw blanks in her mind after seeing him.

"Was...was that..." Adagio muttered, but instead of finishing her sentence the way she intended, something else came to her attention. "...his wallet?"

At last, Adagio started to catch a break. Where the wolf fell lied a small coin bag, filled with what she had been trying to obtain: Bits. The wolf had dropped his coin bag where he fell and neglected to pick it up.

"Pfft. Sometimes, being evil is too easy." Adagio said as she snagged the coin bag.

While it wasn't much, Adagio needed all of the bits she could get her newly acquired hooves on. Strongly believing that she needed it more than the wolf, she began to walk away without any regret. She had done much worse in past anyway, so petty theft was nothing.

That was not the case for this instance. As Adagio started to walk, she kept looking back at the wolf she bumped into. She wouldn't have had this problem if she had bumped into literally any other individual, as she was never above hurting others for her own gain. Why did she suddenly gain a conscience over the wolf? There was something familiar about him that made it impossible for her to rob him.

Oh, son of a... With her mind reluctantly made up, she did something she thought she would never do: A good deed. "Hey, buddy! You dropped something!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time after Adagio reluctantly returned the coin bag, she found her way back to where Aria and Sonata were at the town hall area. She trusted that her fellow former-sirens would've used their time to try and make some more money, but that was too much to ask for. Instead, the two were bickering as usual.

"At least I can fly now." Sonata said as she showed off her wings.

"You can only fly because you're such an air head." Aria argued.

Kill them. Kill them now. Adagio thought as she heard the arguing. "Okay, you two. Knock it off or I'll knock you out!"

Upon her order/threat, Aria and Sonata made a rude facial gesture at each other one last time, they zipped up their mouths, and turned their attention to their leader. As ridiculous as they could get, when Adagio needed them to shut up the most, she knew how to to do it.

"That's better. Anyway, I found a cheap place we can stay for the night."

"Then I guess we should start singing again to make enough money, right?" Aria asked.

"That's the right idea, but thankfully, we only need a few more bits for the room, so that's at least one thing to stress about."

"Hellooooo." Sonata said. "We haven't made a single bit since our last performance. How can we afford a room at this rate?"

Adagio had in fact gotten her hooves on a few extra bits. She got it by means that she wasn't exactly proud of, so she didn't want to share the story with Aria or Sonata. To Adagio, she made the money by very humiliating means.

It happened back when she returned the coin bag to the wolf. She remembered his exact words. "Oh my, I can't believe I almost lost this. I got this from my nieces, so it has a bit of sentimental value, so I can't really thank you enough. Please, take the three bits I had in it as a means of thanks."

I actually took a hand out. I would've felt less dirty if I had just stolen it. Adagio thought with disgust. She wanted to banish the memory to the deepest part of her brain as soon as possible. "Enough! Let's get our next show started before it gets dark."

With haste, Adagio made her way back to the stage she and the Dazzlings were using to get their music going again, even using her magic to drag Aria and Sonata to their stage quickly. The day was running short and Adagio had very little patience or time.

It's always darkest before the dawn. Just bear the humiliation a little longer and this magic-filled world will be yours again, Adagio Dazzle. Just keep hanging in there and face the those obstacles.

Behind her, as she dragged her band mates, Adagio heard Aria say something to Sonata. "I bet my old chair back in the human world that Adagio took a hand out."

And ignore those idiots. PLEASE ignore them!

Author's Note:

My little Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, and Festivus to all my readers: The next chapter.

Please give something to Adagio. She really needs the love. For me, you can just give me a like and a comment.

Oh, and point outs to any grammar mistakes I've made. Maybe I should've asked for something phonics related instead of my Gamera blue ray discs. :P