• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 2,322 Views, 49 Comments

Secrets - Final Sunlight



Everyone has secrets, yet some secrets can hurt others while trying to protect them. Other secrets can also offer salvation, though can be dangerous as well.

  • ...
7
 49
 2,322

Chapter 8

Friendship, a concept that wasn’t going over well with Dusk as he stomped down the hall, avoiding all the curious glances being sent his way. He wasn’t interested in the fools’ gossip though, he was interested in making it through the day. So far he had several classes which were incredibly dull, several girls making it clear that they wouldn’t mind spending time with him. For once that wasn’t on his mind at the moment, he was wondering just what was going on with his cousin.

For the last few hours, the only gossip as bad as what was centered around him was centered around his cousin. It was taking every ounce of self restrain to not go on a killing spree. How dare these filthy pigs even dare suggest anything bad about the girl who he viewed more of a sister than cousin. Hell, even that egghead girlfriend of hers was a sister to him, despite being what she was. And for these fools to suggest that those two did any of what they claimed was preposterous!

Walking into the cafeteria, Dusk looked around at the myriad of students filling the place. It wasn’t like any other schools that he had been to before as didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason behind the groups seated at the table. Jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, Goths; they were all sitting together and having fun. They weren’t fighting among themselves or shunning each other. It was a little surprising to say the least. He hated to admit it, but it looked like Celestia may have actually accomplished something here that he hadn’t seen in any of the other schools that he had been to.

After getting his food, he spotted a table surrounded by all girls with two empty seats. Strutting up to the table he dropped his tray at one of the seats while putting on his most dashing smile, “Mind if I sit here?”

“Go ahead, darling, it would be nice to get to know you.” The prim and proper looking one said, batting her eyelashes at him. She would be an easy target, he was sure of it. He just wasn’t too sure if she was his type. Sure the girl was hot, all of them were, but he preferred a girl he can actually have some fun with when looking for someone to keep around for awhile. Maybe a one nighter though, he’d just have to wait and see.

“There’s something off about you.” The pink haired girl said, looking at him through narrowed eyes before the one wearing the Stetson hat smacked her upside the head.

“Pinkie!” The blonde cried out aghast.

“Well there is! For all we know he could be a blood sucking monster looking for someone to have fun with and bite. Not that he would kill someone like that, vampires really don’t need to kill to survive you know.” The pink haired girl said, nodding sagely while the others just looked at her as if she lost her head. Dusk stared at her in shock with three words going through his mind, ‘What. The. HELL?’

“Pinkie, no more vampire movies for you.” The rainbow haired girl laughed, shaking her head. She looked athletic, yet easy on the eyes as Dusk looked her up and down taking in every bit of her image. There was something about her that called out to him, yet if her hair was any indication, she was most likely playing for the other team. Not that he cared about that, a couple of bi-sexual girls he knew was very fun to be with. Of course they were also witches and knew all about him, and still enjoyed being with him. If only they were vampires, he could see making something more permanent with them if they were. Unlike his cousin, he was more into his own species like most lamia he knew.

“Sorry about that, darling. My name is Rarity, and these are my friends Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie.” Rarity said, introducing each of her friends who nodded at their names. He was a little surprised to see Rainbow Dash wink at him, making him think that she was flirting. Could the girl actually be bi at the least, if not straight?

“My name is Dusk, I hope that we can become good friends.” Dusk said, staring straight at Rainbow Dash who blushed a little at the attention. ‘YES!’ Dusk cheered mentally seeing the girl’s reaction. He had a chance with her, and she looked like she could be fun. He could sense that the girl was athletic, and remembered seeing her picture with some of the sporting trophies in the hall display case.

“Ahm sure we will. Our other friend is out today, her name is Fluttershy.” Applejack said.

“She’s probably out with Sunset, Fluttershy seemed really worried about her.” Rainbow Dash said, “Though I have no idea why, I know Twilight asked us to keep an eye on her, but come on!”

“You know Sunset Shimmer?” Dusk asked with an arched eyebrow, “My cousin Sunset Shimmer with red hair and blonde streaks?”

“Your cousin?” Rarity asked surprised.

“Wait, so you come from that other world to? Are you a pony also?” Pinkie Pie asked as she leaned forward, whispering. “I knew there was something off about you!”

“Are you girls on crack?” Dusk growled out, clenching his fist. He couldn’t keep his glare in check as it swept from girl to girl. He should have known better than to actually think about these girls being possible candidates for his attention. Sure he enjoyed a good cigarette and beer, his body didn’t really suffer from them being what he was, but he hated drugs. He hated the way it made humans blood taste, and he hated the way some humans used it to take advantage of other’s lives while destroying those lives in the process.

“How dare you?” Rainbow yelled out as she slammed her open palms on the table and stood up to glare at him.

“I dare because I’m not going to sit here and listen to some crackwhores badmouth my cousin!” Dusk growled out, glaring at the girls before leaving his food as he stomped away from the girls angrily. Screw this, he needed some fresh air. He decided skipping the rest of the day was in order.

Spending the rest of the day just walking around town as he memorized all of the places of interest to him, he came to regret abandoning his lunch and ended up buying a cheeseburger and fries. True he could survive off blood for awhile, he still needed nourishment unlike made vampires.

Speaking of blood, he decided that hunting would be a good idea. He needed a pick me up, and what better than the blood of some piece of crap that preyed on others. He may not exactly love humans, but he despised those who preyed on others and with the sun now down, creeps were sure to come out of the woodwork. Especially in the part of town he was at where the building looked run down and there were plenty of alleyways with closed businesses around them.

“Is she mental?” Dusk asked himself as he watched a very beautiful looking girl with long pink hair look back and forth as if frightened. He noticed an older man stalking her, following her into the alley. It was an alley that he had been down maybe an hour ago, and he knew there was no other way out of it being a dead end. Deciding to be chivalrous, and maybe get a few brownie points with her for coming to her rescue, Dusk followed behind them.

“What are you?” A scared voice screamed form the alleyway making Dusk run to see what was going on. There was the pink haired girl standing behind the man holding his hands while…his little Firefly was latched onto his neck, suckling blood from him.

“Who are you?” Dusk growled out, knowing that while the girl looked like his cousin, the smell was slightly different. She still smelled of lamia, as did the pink haired girl now that he was closer, but he could tell it wasn’t her. If this was a damned changeling, he swore to rip the disgusting little freak a part.

Author's Note:

I hope you all had an awesome Christmas and New years. Sorries chappie is kind of small, but trying to get back into writing while balancing everything going on with my family.

Comments ( 10 )

Damn this just gets better and better :)

This is amazing! Damn you have skills. :rainbowkiss:

5406308 :pinkiehappy:

5427782 Thankies, it's awesome that you like the story. :yay:

5465828 lol

5466107 Sorry if the story hit a little too close to home for some ponies, but I hope that you might still be able to enjoy the story.

5468162 Thankies, happy that you are enjoying! :scootangel:

5468355 lol thankies!

5509623 Nope, the elements actually didn't give her cancer. It's just something that sadly happened to her that she ignored for too long letting it advance so far that there was little to no hope of anything being done to save her. :fluttershysad:

Definitely interesting, I'll track this for now.

anyone from the future hoping that this will be finnished one day?

8374363
i am hoping it is finsihed 1 day to

9355288
Good Lord that is an old comment. I don't even remember posting it. Jesus Christ.

whelp heres to hope that one day this gets continued and, finished.

*notices the fangs*

ah shit, here we go again

Just a little correction. In your disclaimer. You say "My Little Pony was created by Lauren Faust", which is wrong. She only created the "Frienship is Magic". (She also is a fan of the G1 MLP cartoon.)

Wikipedia claim the original toyline came first, created by Bonnie Zacherle. A few years later, Hasbro commissioned a TV special, then a second, an finally a cartoon. (Some of said cartoon being made by cutting the TV specials into episodes.)

Login or register to comment