• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 738 Views, 16 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders Trilogy - Limelight02



After the Great Pony War the Cutie Mark Crusaders are left with nothing and decide to find inner peace by becoming evil.

  • ...
5
 16
 738

Scootaloo the Shadowbolt: Part Two

After training, the boy came over to Scootaloo.


"Thanks for saving my flank back there."


Scootaloo stared ahead and said, "I'm just following the book."


"Well, thanks anyway. I'm Scar Wing."


"Scootaloo. I'm guessing you were born into becoming a Shadowbolt."


Scar Wing gave a nod and said, "And I'm pretty sure you weren't."


Her pink mane and orange coat stood out against the Shadowbolt-born initiates black and blue manes and coats.


"I stand out. So what?"


"Well, in the arena it was a pretty big deal. You outflew every one of those recruits."
She kept walking as Scar Wing trotted by her side.


"Where are you staying?"


Scootaloo replied, "A shack just inside Shadowbolt territory line. You?"


"I ain't really got a place to stay."


"You can hang at my place. Help your fellow Shadowbolts."


"You are the nicest person I have met."


Scootaloo swung towards Scar Wing and said ferociously, "I'm not nice! I'm just trying not to make enemies with my team!"
They turned onto a path and went into a mane salon.


Scootaloo went to the front and said to the unicorn working, "You know what I want so make it quick. I've got places to be."
The unicorn went and came back with a bottle of black dye. She styled Scootaloo's mane and tail with one black stripe. Then she left and went next door. She walked in and talked to the pony working. She came back with earrings and tall, black boots. She pierced Scootaloo's ears with a stud and hoop on each. Scootaloo threw her a bag of bits and walked out without saying a word. Scar Wing started to ask a question.


Scootaloo chimed in, "New place, new look."


They walked along a path that lead outside of Shadowbolt property. They stopped at the shack where Scootaloo lived and went in. The shack was bigger than Scar Wing had thought.


"I noticed that you don't have you Cutie Mark."


Scootaloo looked up and said, "Why would that matter?"


"'Cause I don't have mine either."
Scar Wing lifted his armor off his hip to reveal his light blue coat and black tail.


"Why did you even become a Shadowbolt."


"I lost one of my only true friend during the Great Pony War. She was a pegasus just like me. She was the one who made me believe I could actually accomplish something."
A tear rolled down Scootaloo's cheek.
"I used to be part of a group that was devoted to finding our destiny and gain our Cutie Mark. After the war, we all lost someone special to us. My other two friends lost their sisters. We decided to go to a life of solitude and forget. We became the bad guys."


"Oh," said Scar Wing regretting asking the question.


"And we knew if we didn't become the bad guys we would have become slaves like the pony and unicorn we saw working."


"Where are you friends, then?"


"Sweetie Bell, a unicorn, now uses dark magic and is creating portals to ban enemiesin and is a spy. Apple Bloom, a pony, is tending to Everfree Forest by keeping the plants alive and also has become a spy."


"How do you know all this?"


"What is this, an interrogation!" Scootaloo shouted, "I know all of this because the are my friends and I don't have to worry battling them. We're on the same side."
She shoved a bowl of soup towards him.


"Dig in."
They both ate in silence. Once they were done, Scootaloo walked towards the door.


"Where are you going?" Scar Wing asked.


"That depends. Are you coming or not?"