• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 737 Views, 16 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders Trilogy - Limelight02



After the Great Pony War the Cutie Mark Crusaders are left with nothing and decide to find inner peace by becoming evil.

  • ...
5
 16
 737

Apple Bloom the Spy: Part Six

When Apple Bloom woke up she was in a dark room with one window. She smiled and walked over to it, but his something. She reached out her hooves and felt the invisible wall that separated her from the only exit.


A voice said to her, "This is a force field made of all your inhibitions and fears. The only way to get through is to overcome your fears. Good luck."


There was a grinding of stone and Apple Bloom looked back to see the wall moving closer to her and the force field. If she didn't make it in time, she would be crushed. She quickly started to feel around the force field with her hooves. She started to panic and slipped. Her head hit the force field and she was sent into her mind.


The voice spoke to her again, "Stage one. Fear of drowning."


The wide space had enclosed her into a small glass box that was rapidly filling with water. Apple Bloom watched as it rose over her legs and she stood. The water creeped up her neck and she started to swim to the top of the box. She tried to even her heavy breathing as she tipped her head up and took a deep breath. The water filled the box and she relaxed her body as the box turned dark. She woke back up in the room with the force field. The wall had moved much closer. She sat down and caught her breath before setting her head back against the force field.


The voice came back and said, "Stage two. Fear of heights."


Apple Bloom opened her eyes to see herself balancing on a small pedestal, ropes connected to buildings on both sides of her.


Apple Bloom looked down and said, "It's not so much a fear of heights. It's more of a fear of falling."


Apple Bloom wrapped herself around the rope and slowly crawled along it. She didn't go very fast and knew this would only allow more time for the wall to crush her body. She started to hit her back hoof against where the rope was connected to the pedestal. The rope came loose and fell down towards the side of the building. Apple Bloom clutched the rope tighter. Her back hooves smacked against the side of the building and she used the rope to scale the side of the building. She made it to the top and it once again turned pitch black. She woke up and the wall had not moved as close as she suspected, but it was still moving rapidly. She set her head against the force field and got ready to face her next fear.


The voice said, "Third and final stage. Fear of losing."


Apple Bloom wasn't sure what it meant until she saw her sister sanding next to a rebel. Memories of the war swirled through her head. She reached out for her, but was restrained by shackles on her hind legs. She watched as the rebel hung her sister using a vine, thorns cutting into her skin. The blood pooled under Applejack's body and the rebel sneered at her body.


Apple Bloom screamed, tears rushing down her cheeks, "No! That's my sister! No!"


Applejack and the rebel disappeared. Granny Smith and Big Macintosh, her grandmother and big brother, appeared in the same spot. They were in a cage along with Twilight's parents, Shining Armor, and Princess Cadence. Granny Smith was choked by one of the rebels and another pushed Big Mac to the floor and broke his neck.


Now, Apple Bloom had started screaming violently, "Monsters! Monsters!"


Hot tears streamed down her face and rage filled her eyes. A fire inside started to burn in her chest and erupted into violence. Her shackles snapped and she ran over to the rebels and started to kick them. Her fighting inflicted no damage because it passed through them. Apple Bloom turned and set her hand on the bar of the cage and it fell through. The projector clicked off and she woke up, the wall pressing her body against the force field.


Apple Bloom erupted, "You said that was the last stage! This force field should be gone!" Her voice turned to a quiet sob, "It should be gone."


The dark magic in the force field flew to the wall and pushed it back into its original position. Apple Bloom ran to my he wall and climbed out the window. She jumped and fell for a while before slapping the ground. She laid there and the two guards came and started to shake her. She sainted her eyes closed and when she opened them, Sweetie Belle was shaking her violently.


"Wake up, Apple Bloom! Wake up!"


Apple Bloom groggily looked at Sweetie Belle and said, "What happened?"


"You almost killed yourself using the most unstable dark magic in all of Equestria! It got into your head and I though it killed you!"


"Why didn't it?"


"It wasn't a direct hit. Did you have any hallucinations?"


"You don't know the half of it."


Scootaloo burst into the room and shouted, "Apple Bloom, you did it! We've destroyed the rebel bases!"


They ran out and watched over the balcony. The bases had collapsed and ponies were scattered in every direction.


Sweetie Belle smiled and said, "Our mission is complete."