• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 4,274 Views, 103 Comments

My Little Pony Rangers: Enter the Nightmare - Lance Skyes



"GO! GO! PONY RANGERS! MAGIC MORPHIN' PONY RANGER-ERS!"

  • ...
17
 103
 4,274

Blackmail

Foreword: I am now semi-active with my blog, so... NO MORE FOREWORDS/AFTERNOTES! :D Anyway... you may resume your reading.

Derpy was walking through the moon base towards the muffin bar when she caught an angry gaze from Gilda. “What do you want?” asked Derpy.

Gilda stood and walked over to Derpy. “You think you’re Nightmare Moon’s air mare?” she asked.

“Yes, considering you’re a griffon, not a pony.”

“I walked into that one...”

“What’s your point?”

“My point? My point is that since you’ve gotten here, Nightmare Moon has been treating you like you’re a cut above the rest of us... No flight pun intended.”

“Well, maybe I am. Or maybe you’re just too scared to volunteer to go down to Equestria and fight the Pony Rangers.”

“At least I don’t have to waste time shouting something to be ready for combat.”

“You did NOT just go there. I could beat you without morphing.”

“Could you, now?” The two were about to fight when Nightmare Moon walked in.

“You two are getting along, I hope,” she said.

“Yes,” said Derpy through gritted teeth. “We’re the best of friends.”

“Good. Now, one of you go down to Equestria and try to defeat those Pony Rangers. Zecora said she has a new strategy this time.” Nightmare walked off.

“Stay here, pony,” Gilda said, getting up. “Leave this one to the professionals.”

“Fine,” replied Derpy. “I’d like nothing more than to see you getting owned by those Pony Rangers.”

“I’ll destroy all six of them, green. Lucky for you, I’m focusing on the first five... for now.” Gilda walked off.

At Canterlot, Spike is conversing with an unknown purple unicorn. Rainbow Dash comes in as the unicorn walked off. “Who was that?” Rainbow asked Spike.

“The princess’ student,” he said. “But she really wants her identity to be a secret for as long as possible.”

“Okay...”

“Anyway, what did you want?”

“I wanted to talk to Celestia about Derpy. Her powers are obviously greater than any of ours. We need to devise a new strategy.”

“Okay. The princess’ student is already working on upgrading the zords. I guess we can have a strategy.”

“Thanks, Spike.” Rainbow walked to the room where Princess Celestia was.

“Hello, Rainbow Dash,” said Celestia. “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” said Dash, “I wanted to discuss a strategy against Derpy.”

“Okay, let’s see what we can come up with.”

At Cloudsdale, Fluttershy was doing a little flyby when she noticed Derpy below her. “What is she doing here?” Fluttershy said to herself. She flew down to meet Derpy. “Derpy,” said Fluttershy behind Derpy, “what are you doing here?”

“Apparently, there are elements at the moon that keep me from staying there, so I’m forced to stay down here.”

“Did you really think you could stay here in peace?”

“No. That’s why I have blackmail on my side.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“If you expose me as the green ranger, I’ll make sure you and your friends suffer the same fate.”

Fluttershy stepped back in horror. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me. In the meantime, I shall take my leave.” Derpy flew off.

“I have to get this to the princess.” said Fluttershy flying towards Canterlot.

Back at the castle, the rangers (except Fluttershy), Spike, and Celestia were all trying to determine what the best approach against Derpy would be.

“Ah did see Derpy still here in Ponyville the other day,” said Applejack.

“Maybe we can expose her to the public and get her somehow thrown out of Ponyville and eventually Equestria,” added Rarity.

At that moment, Fluttershy walked in. “Fluttershy,” said Celestia, “where have you been? We just agreed on a strategy for defeating Derpy.”

“I was in Cloudsdale on my way over here.” said Fluttershy. “I ran into Derpy. We didn’t fight, but she did say she was going to be permanent down here in Equestria. But that’s not the worst part. She threatened to expose our identities if we exposed her.”

“Damn,” said Pinkie Pie. “That was our whole strategy. Now what are we going to- MNPH!” A bar of soap was suddenly flung into Pinkie’s mouth by Spike. Pinkie spat the soap out. “I likely deserved that.”

“Anyway,” said Rainbow Dash after a short pause, “if Derpy’s threatening us with blackmail, then we’re just gonna have to live with her among us.”

“That may not be so easy at the moment,” said Celestia, bringing up video of putty ponies attacking Ponyville.

“We’ll deal with Derpy later,” said Dash. “It’s morphin time!”

“Honesty!”

“Kindness!”

“Laughter!”

“Generosity!”

“Loyalty!”

The scene cuts to Derpy seeing Gilda’s attack. “I told her to leave this to the professionals,” she then took out her power coin and morphed. “Thunder!”

The rangers fought a large wave of putty ponies at Ponyville. Fluttershy tried to get all the civilian ponies to safety. Rainbow Dash went for Gilda, who was leading the attack. However, she was knocked to the ground by Derpy. “Derpy!” said Dash, “I should have known you would have something to do with this.”

“Surprisingly enough,” said Derpy, “I have nothing to do with this attack. I just hopped on the train as it left the station.”

“What?”

“Blame agent_cupcakes.”

“Who?”

“The author of this story.”

“Why?”

“Because he’s the one who writes this stuff.”

“How?”

“I don’t know. Why are you asking me these questions?”

“Blame agent_cupcakes.”

“Here we go, again.”

“You know I hate dialogue.” Dash then punched Derpy to get her off. Derpy got up from where she fell and charged at Dash. Dash dodged Derpy’s attack and gave her a mule kick, knocking Derpy to the ground again. Dash charged, but was hit by Gilda, who decided to join the battle. “Come on,” shouted Dash, “I’ll take you both on if I have to.” Gilda and Derpy charged at Dash. She tried to fly to dodge them, but she forgot they could fly as well. She was trying to outfly them, but the two kept advancing.

“Derpy,” said Gilda, seeming to stay fixated on Dash, “why are you here anyway? This is my attack.”

“I told you to leave this to the professionals,” replied Derpy.

“Okay, so leave,” said Gilda, bumping Derpy out of the way.

Derpy stopped advancing for a moment to try to recover. “You did not want to do that, Gilda.” Derpy started flying at twice her previous speed, except not towards Dash, but towards Gilda. Derpy caught up with Gilda and tried to knock her out of the way. Gilda counter-attacked, but Derpy barely took any of the hit. Derpy tried to get behind Gilda to attack her from behind, but Gilda grabbed Derpy’s hoof and threw her to the ground.

Rainbow Dash was just flying idly, watching the two fight. “Huh,” she said to herself. “For a moment, I thought I was really gonna have to fight them both. Well, only thing to do now is get a better seat for this show.” Dash flew to the ground to see Gilda and Derpy fight each other, both taking no notice of the Pony Rangers looking on.

“Um,” said Fluttershy, “should we do something?”

“Nah,” said Applejack, “I think they’ll wear each other out and we’ll just finish the winner.”

Gilda and Derpy continued to fight until Derpy broke away from the fight. “You idiot!” she said, “you didn’t notice that the Pony Rangers were here watching us the whole time?”

“Oh,” said Gilda, “It’s not like you tried to tell me.”

Derpy started to get angry. She was the green ranger, but you could see her face turning red. “I WAS TRYING TO STOP YOU THE WHOLE TIME, BUT YOU KEPT FIGHTING ME WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THEM!”

“Yeah,” said Pinkie, “I think we should fight them now while they’re arguing.”

Four of the rangers attacked Gilda, but Rainbow Dash went for Derpy. They all fought for a long period of time. Nightmare Moon was watching from her lunar base. “Well, this turned out to be a bad idea,” she said. She then walked outside, charging her horn with dark energy. “Lunar powers, make Gilda... GROW!” She then fired a ball of energy towards Equestria. “Zecora, send the Dragonzord.”

The ball of energy hit Gilda and caused her to grow. At the same time, the Dragonzord landed after being launched from the moon. Rainbow Dash stepped forward. “We need dinozord power, now!”

The Tyrannozord jumped out of the fissure it was hiding in and ran towards Rainbow Dash, who entered the zord. The mastodon ran out of the iceberg it was kept in and ran towards Ponyville, showing off its power by charging through any icebergs in its way. When it got to Ponyville, Rarity jumped in. The triceratops rose out of the sand of its desert and rolled towards Ponyville on wheels. Applejack entered the zord. The sabre-tooth tiger came out of its jungle, showing off its dexterity and speed by leaping over the tall trees. Fluttershy flew into the zord. The pterodactyl flew out of its volcano, causing a minor eruption. Pinkie Pie leapt up into the zord. The zords, save the pterodactyl zord, combined to form the tank zord. The zord stood and the pterodactyl flew in to form the chestplate of the megazord. The rangers then took an offensive stance against their two opponents.

Gilda and the Dragonzord charged at the megazord. The megazord ran at the two as well. The megazord gave Gilda a left roundhouse, knocking her over, but leaving the rangers open for a fire blast from the Dragonzord. The rangers quickly dodged. “We need the power sword, now!” shouted Rainbow Dash. The power sword fell from the sky into the megazord’s hand. Gilda and Derpy didn’t back down. The rangers slashed at Gilda, but she blocked the attack with her talons. However, the rangers gave Gilda a left hook, opening her for a successful hit.Gilda teleported away in defeat, but Derpy wasn’t backing down. She readied the Dragonzord’s finger rockets. The rangers braced for impact as Derpy fired. All 10 of the rockets hit, but there was barely a scratch on the megazord. The rangers saw their opportunity and charged at the Dragonzord. They sliced the Dragonzord’s finger rockets in half. Derpy saw this and teleported away in defeat. Once again, the pony rangers were victorious.