• Published 20th Dec 2014
  • 6,466 Views, 808 Comments

Leap of Faith - A bag of plums



After the defeat of the Dazzlings, Sunset Shimmer finds herself at the center of an ancient struggle for power. With the net closing around them, can Sunset and her friends find out the truth before it finds them?

  • ...
29
 808
 6,466

PreviousChapters Next
Wounds Of The Past

The Trottingham bureau stood on its spot atop the hill, overlooking the sea, a phantom of the proud building it once was. Cracks and grime covered the cemented walls that hadn’t been cleaned in years, making the establishment look like it was abandoned. Two hooded figures stood on the roof of the bureau watching the surrounding area, while two more stood in the lobby, gazing at the sleeping city from the front doors.

Inside one of the planning rooms, two more Assassins hunched at a table covered with papers and pictures of documents taken from the young Velvet Breeze’s phone, and two cans of root beer. One Assassin slowly but methodically inspected the words on the pages while the other man flipped a revolver from one hand to another. Eventually he gave up and returned the gun to its holster; it was getting damnably cold in here and he was tired of standing up.

“Nothing…” Frigid Night tossed a photo he was holding to the ground, watching as the paper slowly floated down, resting on the ground face down. His partner, High Noon, didn’t blame him. They’d been poring over Velvet’s transmissions for a good half the night with nothing to show for it.

“How about that girl? Sunset Shimmer?” High Noon asked as he took a swig from his hip flask and bent to pick up the picture Frigid dropped, shivering pleasantly as the alcohol rushed through his system. “I mean, she seems rather important in the Templars’ grand scheme.”

Frigid picked up a report about Sunset Shimmer and shoved it in High Noon’s face. “Read it. It details what Sunset Shimmer does in her regular school day, but nothing important or even why they’re targeting her.”

“Huh…” High Noon sighed and sat down on a black swivel chair and spun once before stopping back at the table. He picked up a bag of chips and cut a hole in it with his hidden blade. “So did Velvet find anything useful, then?”

“Why don’t you read it yourself?” Frigid began walking to the door. “It’s all right here.”

Frigid Night inwardly fumed as he climbed the steps to his office, which he spent most of his recent days inside. Over three weeks they’d been stuck on this Sunset Shimmer case. Three weeks of sleepless nights and the Mentor constantly pressuring him to get to the bottom of it. He rubbed his eyes; now Dewdrop wasn’t even answering her phone. Knowing her, it was either out of battery from neglect or she was avoiding answering it just so she could go out drinking. He wasn’t too eager to see her himself, especially after that stunt she had pulled in Fillydelphia. Subtlety was something that Dewdrop seemed to lack or outright disregard; he’d never bothered to find out which.

There was someone outside the office when he got there. Frigid took one look at her and the lines in his face deepened. It had to be Keila of all people. Two inches shorter than him and wrapped sparsely from head to toe in bandages, the Saddle Arabian Assassin and Frigid had never gotten along, not even from day one.

“Good evening, lieutenant,” Keila said pointedly. She was the kind of person who could make even a prestigious title like ‘lieutenant’ sound like the lowest kind of insult.

“What do you want, Keila?” Frigid walked past her and pushed his door open. “As you can see, I’m busy, so if you have nothing useful to say, please leave.”

“Yes, I’m sure you’re so busy staying here at the bureau, while a child does all your fieldwork.”

“Well, unless you want me to pose as a student, it wasn’t going to work. Velvet’s the only one who could infiltrate that school and get what we need.” He would’ve shut the door behind him, but Keila jammed a foot in the space between the frame.

“You know just as well as I that there is more than one way to get intelligence from a school that doesn’t involve blending in with the students,” Keila hissed, her one visible eye shining angrily. “You know that, and you still sent Velvet off to Canterlot. Don’t you know that Wolfgang is there too?”

“We didn’t know that until she was on site, and she was the one who told us in the first place.” Frigid could do nothing about closing his door, so he just left it and headed to his desk. The Saddle Arabian Assassin followed him in, her knee length hair almost getting caught in the hinges. It was black from the waist down, then abruptly switched to a snowy white up to her head; a grim souvenir from two years ago at Masyaf.

“So now you know. Call her back,” Keila’s hands slammed on top of Frigid’s desk so hard that a container of pens toppled over. “By the sands, Frigid, she’s a child! Send someone who actually stands a chance!”

Frigid rubbed at his head as he thought about what Keila was telling him. “There’s one more thing, Keila. Sunset Shimmer. Velvet Breeze is the only one who can talk to her without raising too much suspicion. We need her there to find out why the girl’s so important.”

“Oh, for- We’re Assassins!” Keila finally exploded, storming up to the lieutenant close enough for him to smell the antiseptic cream on her bandaged face. “Blending in is what we do! Don’t give me some bullshit excuse about needing a kid to do your dirty work just because you’re afraid of running into Mirror Match!”

That was the breaking point. Hearing the name of the Assassin-turned-Templar had burst the formal conversation function in Frigid’s head. He shoved the chair away as he got up, looking down at the female Assassin. “Mirror Match has nothing to do with this! There is a reason Velvet is there and not us! She’s capable of handling herself in this situation!”

Keila sneered at the lieutenant and ran a finger along her scarred belly. “Yes, because when a child is more qualified for a mission than the second in command of all the Assassins, that really fills me with confidence. You’re heartless, soulless, and spineless, Frigid Night.”

“Yes. I am. Because I do what the Mentor has tasked me to do!” Frigid retorted. “Do you? Or do you just sit around the bureau, expecting pity from everyone else?”

“Says the one who was busy talking to a traitor when he should have been fighting alongside his brothers and sisters in Saddle Arabia! They fought and died for you, just like Velvet is doing now! Tell me, did you ever have a heart, or were you born with a chunk of ice inside?”

“I didn’t- wait. How did you know I met with Mirror before we came to Saddle Arabia? Who told you?” The lieutenant’s voice dropped to a low growl that was somehow even more frightening than a shout.

“I didn’t,” Keila said smugly. “You just did.”

Frigid could’ve slapped himself if he didn’t have more control. That was a rookie move, and he fell for the trick, hook, line, and sinker. He quickly regained his composure and glared at her. “Well, it’s not your problem!”

With a final look of derision, Keila snorted and patted a loose strip of linen back into place. “You disgust me. If you had even the slightest shred of honor, you’d go to the Mentor right now and tell Velvet to withdraw. Otherwise those scars of yours are nothing more than badges of shame, and your friend gave his life to save a coward.”

Frigid Night instinctively put a finger to the scar on his right cheek, where a bomb blast had left a deep furrow in the flesh. He had been lying at the bottom of a pit, drugged by Mirror Match, and only the timely intervention of a good friend and senior Assassin had saved his life. The experience had left that friend fatally wounded and Frigid’s face moderately scarred, condemned to be reminded of Mirror’s treachery every time he looked into a mirror.

Frigid felt his pulse rise: for all he cared, Keila could insult him until she ran out of words, but no one dishonored Dust Fencer. Before he knew it both of his hidden blades were out, eight inches of deadly steel ready to strike into Keila’s body. “You take that back.”

Quick as lightning, the female Assassin’s knives appeared in her hands. “Make me.”

Before either one could strike the other, a pair of green hands had pushed their blades aside before Morning Blade appeared in between them.

“Enough,” she said firmly. “We shouldn’t be fighting each other. Please, I know I’m not as experienced as you two, but we need to focus our anger against the Templars instead. What would everyone else think if they saw this?”

Frigid blinked a few times before stepping back and stowing his blades. Morning was right; he had let a pointless argument get the better of him. What would the Mentor have said if he had indeed injured Keila? He grudgingly backed down and smoothed out his coat before returning to his seat by his desk.

“I’m sorry, Keila,” he said after a short moment of silence. “But do not speak of Dust Fencer like that ever again. A great man’s name should never be slandered by someone like you.”

Keila stowed her knives but the look on her face remained as hostile as ever. “Don’t you dare lecture me on honoring the dead,” She spun on her heel and stepped toward the exit. “Not when you’re sending children off to die in your place.” And with that parting shot, Keila left the office, nodding curtly to Morning Blade on her way out.

Frigid leaned back against his chair and sighed, suddenly feeling very old. Keila really couldn’t let a day go by without having some sort of argument with him. He was already doing the best he could, trying to find out what the Templars were up to but for all the good it was doing he may as well be trying to beat a brick wall at tennis.

“Morning,” Frigid asked his former apprentice hesitantly. “Do you think sending Velvet out there was a bad idea?”

Morning Blade shrugged. “It doesn’t matter what I think,” she said with the usual stiffness that her voice reverted to whenever he asked her opinion. “If the Mentor thinks it’s what has to happen, then that’s the way it is.”

Frigid nodded and went back to work, not noticing the sadness that crept into Morning’s eyes. “That’s good,” he said after a while. “At least I can count on you to do what’s right for the Assassins. Too many people around here seem to forget that Velvet wanted to go on this mission too; nobody’s forcing her to do this.”

“If you say so, Frigid.”

Morning Blade wiped the doubtful look off her face before Frigid could see it, but whether it was some kind of instinct or just good guessing, the Assassin lieutenant’s shoulders slumped even lower, as though the weight of the world were on his back.

Please come back safely, Velvet, Morning Blade pleaded silently. If you don’t, this whole bureau is going to fall apart.


Sunset Shimmer made her way through Canterlot High’s front doors, heading straight for the canteen to meet the rest of the Rainbooms. Last night, they had all agreed to meet in school an hour early today to go over their exam notes, just in case someone had conveniently forgotten to take any notes at all. She pushed open the windowed doors to the cafeteria and headed to the table where her friends were already seated at.

Rarity was already busy explaining to Rainbow Dash a long math equation by the time Sunset put her bag down. “Hey, girls.”

“Good morning, Sunset. Uhh… and not like that Rainbow…” Rarity sighed as she pointed at a variable. “First, you have to multiply this one by itself before you can add it to ‘x’ and ‘z’.”

“Ugh!” Rainbow threw her hands up into the air before dropping her head into her arms. “I’m never going to get this done! Mr. Bray is going to have my head! And the rest of me!”

“That sounds kinda wrong…” Applejack snorted into her textbook.

“Yeah…” Fluttershy said behind a monstrous stack of notes. “It’s not a nice image.”

“Whatever!” Rainbow groaned. “How am I going to get past this week? How am I going to survive?” She punctuated this statement with an index finger pointed at the side of her head.

“Maybe that’s why you shoulda’ studied before exam week, Rainbow?” Applejack rolled her eyes and directed a hand at the athlete.

Rainbow’s only response was to slip off her seat and onto the floor while glaring at the farm girl. “I know your thing is honesty, AJ, just for once… I wish you’d try lying to make me feel better.”

“I can help make you feel better, Rainbow!” Pinkie popped up under the table with her. She pulled her party cannon closer with a large grin on her face.

“Pinkie, I don’t think-”

A loud pop under the table sent the girls jumping back as Rainbow rolled out, confetti strewn all over her head. Pinkie loomed over Rainbow’s prone form, grinning from ear to ear. “Feel better yet, Dashie?”

“Uhh… a little,” she replied before sitting herself up. “But it’s not going to help me with the exams!” She grabbed her head and bent forward. “What am I going to do? Rarity, how do you do it? Even in computer class? How?”

“Avoiding a beating comes to mind…” Rarity left her rainbow haired friend to wallow for the time being and scooted closer to Sunset. "Sunset, dear. How are you feeling? Are you sure you're up for the exams now?"

"I'd prefer to get them over with now," Sunset explained. "It's either that or come back during the holidays to take them. Besides, I'm fine. I had the whole weekend to rest up."

"How about your studying? You lost time over the weekend to revise your notes."

"I'll manage." Sunset gave her friends a reassuring smile. Truthfully, Sunset felt she wasn't exactly ready, but she didn't want her friends to worry about her. Besides, what were a few midterms next to what she’d gone through at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns?

From behind Applejack, a green-skinned boy with brown hair tied up in a ponytail swaggered over from another table and looked around a bit before walking around to Rainbow's position on the floor. "Hey, boss. Mind if I borrow your notes? Uhhh... Lightning needs them. Yeah. That's right."


Rainbow Dash squinted at him. “Lightning Rain studies more than the rest of the baseball team put together. I don’t think he needs my notes, Jetstream.”

“Not to mention ya don’t have any notes,” Applejack muttered with a smirk.

“But then how am I- I mean Lightning, how’s Lightning going to pass the midterms now?”

While Jetstream and Rainbow argued in hushed voices, another boy wearing a baseball jacket sauntered up to the sports captain.

“Yo Jets,” he said, looking rather bored. “You done bothering Rainbow about your ‘lost’ notes yet? I’m pretty sure she’s got better things to do than listen to your tall tales at a time like this.”

Pinkie scratched her head, making the final folds on an origami crane that she’d been making with one of her quizzes. “But I thought Jetstream said they were for you?” The boy in question made hushing motions at Pinkie as she spoke, but the damage was done.

"Oh, did you now, Jets?" Lightning folded his arms and stared down at the other boy. "I figured you'd pull something like that."

"Well... You... You shut your face!" Jetstream shot before running out of the cafeteria as though he had just hit a homerun.

"Sorry, captain," Lightning said before turning around. "You know how that guy is." He jerked a thumb back to his own table. “I’m going to go back to work. Good luck on the midterms, Rainbow.”

After Lightning Rain left, Rainbow squeezed back into her spot and tossed a piece of gum into her mouth. “Wait, why’d he only wish me good luck?”

"Maybe ‘cause you're the only one that needs it?" Applejack suggested with a grin.

“You’re really pushing it, AJ.”


Sunset Shimmer set her pile of books down on the table before pulling the chair out to sit on it. The first two exams had gone by rather smoothly, for herself at least. Rainbow Dash sat next to her, her head hidden underneath her hands as a low groan emerged from her mouth, interlaced with muffled swears and halfhearted wishes of doom upon the poor soul whose idea it had been to have midterms.

Other than the small sounds, the rest of the library was quiet. A few other students populated the place, textbooks and notes in front of them, their eyes busily trying to take in everything they could before their next exam. Although, Sunset did spy one kid with long white hair and a cap, sitting by a computer with some kind of video open, trying to hold back his laughter before hurriedly shutting it off as Mr. Wolfgang stalked past. The inspector glanced in the Rainbooms’ general direction before disappearing into a shadowed alcove.

"Rainbow, you should really get studying," Rarity lectured as she watched the athlete despair. "At least get some material in."

"Well, she wouldn't be in this mess if she had just taken her notes an' stuff," Applejack reminded the others again.

"Applejack, seriously!" Rainbow shot her head up, a snarl on her lips. "I get it. I didn't take notes, but can you stop rubbing it in my face?"

"Alright, alright," Applejack said, moving her hands, trying to get Rainbow to calm down. "Ah'm sorry. ah didn't mean to upset ya like that."

Rainbow eventually lowered her shoulders and relaxed back in her chair. "It's fine. I'll just make sure to revise right now. Rarity, what'cha got for me?"

Sunset turned to Fluttershy as her rainbow haired friend got to her review. "So, Fluttershy? How were the first exams? Shouldn't be a problem for you, right?"

"I hope so," the timid girl said as she pushed some stray hair behind her ear. "I mean, I studied, but I won't know how well I did until they give it back to us."

"But, Fluttershy! You always do soooo well!" Pinkie suddenly burst through a stack of books, knocking it all down to the ground with a loud thud. "Oopsie."

"Sssssh!" Ms. Cheerilee hissed over from a nearby shelf. “Do keep your volume down, Ms. Pie.”

“Sorry!” Pinkie whispered back. She sat back down and immediately pulled out her history book to study for her next exam. “Guys, how’s the study for history coming?”

“Not bad,” Applejack said as she flipped to the next page. “It’s just all these historical events that happen elsewhere. Why do we need to know all that? ‘Specially the ones in the East. Why do we need to learn about the East?”

“I think it’s an interesting topic,” Fluttershy began. "During the Mareji period, Shogun Dragonskin declared war against Emperor Sunrise. If not for his great tactician, Scarlet Lily, Dragonskin would've won."

"Yeah... Okay. Which part of rememberin' that is interestin'?" Applejack asked.

"C'mon, AJ," Sunset tried to help. "Don't you think history is amazing? What happened if Dragonskin had won that day? Things would be different. Maybe even for us."

Rarity seemed to agree, but Rainbow Dash simply blew a raspberry and said, “Eggheads,” in a stage whisper. “Why’s it even matter to us anyway? They lived a hundred years ago! All of them are probably dead anyway.”

“If you recall, Rainbow, the Dazzlings were over a thousand years old and they still managed to do a significant amount of damage.”

“Psh, that’s ‘cause they were magical beings.” Rainbow Dash was still unimpressed. “As if this Scarlet Lily is still alive today.”

“Actually,” Fluttershy flipped through her notes enthusiastically, pointing out one neatly penned line. “It’s said in Eastern myth that Scarlet Lily vanished near the end of the Mareji period, and that her disappearance led to the downfall of the dynasty! I forget exactly what year she’s said to have disappeared during, though… I think the reference book’s over there?” As quietly as she could, the pink haired girl left her seat and tiptoed to a nearby shelf which held the ‘Eastern History’ section.

Sunset returned to work when a startled yelp came from Fluttershy’s direction. She looked up to see her friend looking at her while pointing a finger at something beyond the shelf. Sunset had no idea what Fluttershy wanted, but when she continued to point, Sunset shrugged and got up, walking over to see what the big deal was. After turning her head around the bookshelf, Sunset noticed someone in a dirty white hoodie, half-sitting, half-lying motionless at a table in an isolated corner.

“Is she…?” If Fluttershy’s voice had gone any higher, it could have been used as a dog whistle.

“No, she can’t be…” Sunset slowly made her way towards the still body. Getting close enough, she noticed the familiar tangled teal and gray hair and V shaped hairclip of the same girl who Sunset had caught scraping at her door two days prior. She slowly lowered one hand in front of Velvet Breeze’s face and was relieved to feel the warm draught of her breath.

Sunset let out a sigh of relief after realizing Velvet was just asleep. She had noticed how tired the poor girl had looked for the past week, so she let her be. Waking her would only take away what little time to rest she had that wasn’t already being stolen by her mysterious job.

I really should have asked about that on Saturday.

"It's fine, Fluttershy." Sunset waved with a hand. "Velvet's just sleeping. I think she really deserves it."

"Yeah, she looked really zoned out when she was at your house the other day. I hope she's alright..."

"Well, we should get back to studying." Sunset looked up to the clock on the wall. "We've got ten more minutes before lunch break is over."

“So what was that all about?” Applejack lowered her pen and yawned. “Couldn’t find the book ya wanted?”

"I have it," Fluttershy whispered as she lifted a book for Applejack to see. "It's just Velvet Breeze. She's sleeping back there."

“Y’all sound awful relieved about that.”

“Well, at least she’s not dead,” Sunset muttered before she could stop herself.

"Say what now?" Applejack tilted her hat and looked back at the shelf. Even Pinkie stopped her antics to stare at Sunset. “I must'a misheard ya…” the farm girl said with a nervous laugh. “For a second Ah thought ya said ya expected Velvet to be dead.”

"Oh dear." Rarity put a hand to her mouth, momentarily distracted from her review with Rainbow. "You haven't told them, Sunset?"

"Told us what?"

“Princess Twilight wrote back over the weekend,” Sunset explained. She retrieved the journal from her bag and opened it to show her friends. “Starting from last Tuesday, I asked Twilight if she could find Velvet Breeze’s pony counterpart in Equestria.”

Pinkie’s eyes were wide as saucers. “Did she?”

Sunset looked grimly at Rarity and Fluttershy. “She did. Or rather, she found Equestria Velvet’s tombstone in the Canterlot Castle Memorial. She’s been dead for over a year.”

The temperature of the library seemed to drop ten degrees. Pinkie’s hair went flat almost instantly and Applejack’s Stetson fell off her head as she jumped back in shock.

"So the question is..." Sunset paused for a moment. "Who is this girl?"

"Why is that?" Rainbow asked, the topic interesting her more than the exams. "Could be that she's dead there but alive here. I mean, I've never met a human Twilight or Sunset here. Who knows? Maybe they're dead here."

There was the sound of all the air in Rainbow’s lungs being expelled at once as Rarity slapped her on the back with a rolled up bundle of papers. “Rainbow Dash! What a thing to say!”

"What?" Rainbow complained as she rubbed her back. "I was just... shooting in the dark! That’s how it was in Con Mane vs. Daring Do: Bonds Across Space and Time!"

"This is not a movie, Rainbow!" Rarity spun a finger in front of her face. "Don't say that about people. We should get back to your review. That's more important."

"But your favourite actress was in that movie. Didn't you see it? I mean, sure, I think Sunflower is a much better actor, but Ebony Wings is still pretty good."

Rarity really looked like she wanted to talk about her, but she was using a considerable amount of willpower to say no. "As much as I want to talk about Ebony Wings, Rainbow, you need to review!"

Sunset returned her attention to the others as Rarity got back to making sure Rainbow knew her material. "Well, whatever the case, Rainbow did make a good point. If this Velvet is the real Velvet, then we have nothing to worry about!"

"Yeah... I never considered that," Fluttershy replied. She looked gratefully to her childhood friend. "Guess Rainbow could be right."

Sunset nodded, but still believed there was something more to Velvet Breeze than she was letting on. Whether she was the real Velvet or not, Sunset was confident that the girl was hiding something from them, and she was going to find out what. Assuming she didn’t die before then, as morbid as that thought might be. While Rainbow Dash’s theory was plausible, there were too many similarities between this world and Equestria for her to believe that Velvet’s death back home was completely innocuous.

Before she got back to her notes again the bell rang, indicating it was time for their next exam.

"Noooooo! Already?" Rainbow grasped at her head. "I haven't memorized everything yet!"

“Aw, don’t sweat it Dashie! Just wing it!” Pinkie giggled as they joined the throng of students flooding out of the library. “Heehee… wing it. Get it? Because when we use magic, we have- Mmph!”

Sunset clapped a hand over her friend’s mouth before she could finish her joke. She didn’t know why, but all of a sudden she had been overcome with a sensation of extreme uneasiness, almost like that one she got from Velvet’s stares, but far more nauseating. From her idle letters to Princess Twilight, they’d theorized that even when a pony crossed over to this world, not all of their magic was lost; what she’d been feeling recently might have been the equivalent of a sixth sense, warning her of impending danger.

She hoped to Celestia she was wrong.


Wolfgang went around the back of the school campus and made sure no one else was around before he whipped his phone out. It was late enough for the sun to be nearing the horizon, but sometimes he still spied a few kids roaming the grounds so he could never be too careful. And that pesky Mr. Pierce, the computer teacher. Wolfgang wasn't sure why, but that man never did seem to ever leave school. Due to his position as an inspector, he had plenty of reason to stay long after the last bell, but no matter how long he waited, Vice-Principal Luna and that Mr. Pierce always outstayed him. It rankled him to no end, but at least there didn’t seem to be any Assassins about. Saddle Arabia had really put a dent in their numbers.

He adjusted his Templar badge as he waited for the chairman to pick up the phone. His assignment here had been incredibly boring, but it was almost over. Only a few more school days remained before the winter holidays, and then he would be able to return to Manehattan and perhaps do something more exciting.

Wolfgang heard the single click as someone on the other end picked up the call. "Wolfgang. Report."

"Hello, chairman," he said as properly as he could. "I believe I've gotten just about everything I can out of the school, but neither Celestia or Luna has a single thing to say about that girl. Not even threatening to fire them has gotten anything valuable about Ms. Sunset Shimmer out of them. In fact, it’s my personal opinion that neither of them actually know anything of use to us.”

“But,” Wolfgang continued. “I overheard that Shimmer girl and her friends talking in the library today, about magic and other worlds and a whole bunch of things that I think the, uh, big man would find extremely interesting... I think it's time to take the next step." His boss couldn't see it, but Wolfgang turned his mouth into a devilish smirk.

"Very well, if you have no other alternative. Capture her if she's alive. If not... kill her."

Wolfgang took a step backwards after hearing that last statement. Did I hear that right? He cleared his throat before confirming it with his boss, "Sir, could you repeat that? I must've misheard you earlier."

There was an audible sigh on the other end before the Templar spoke. "Capture her, and bring her to us. Everything the Templar Order has been planning over the ages hinges on this. Do not disappoint us."

"That's what I thought you said, sir." This was it. This was the green light for Wolfgang to enact his plan. He'd been waiting for it ever since arriving at the school. Still, he wouldn't get to kill anyone, but kidnapping was another of his specialties after all. "It will be done, chairman. You can be sure of it."

"I'll be counting on you, Wolfgang. Make sure I'm right to do so."

With everything said, Wolfgang ended the call and stowed his phone as he strolled back to the front of the school building. He smiled to himself once more before walking the short distance to his car.

Very well then, Sunset Shimmer. Wolfgang pulled out of the school’s carpark and lit up a foul cigar. Soon enough it won’t matter how well you’re hiding everything. I’ll bring you in and finally, there will be no lies. The inspector took a long drag of his smoke and almost laughed with fiendish glee. His charade was almost at an end, his organization was about to triumph, and not an Assassin in sight. All was right with the world.


PreviousChapters Next