• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 3,902 Views, 248 Comments

Sweet Pea - CartoonNerd12



The spin-off to The Midnight Dance starring the CMC as they take a journey to an island kingdom to face challeges that lie ahead

  • ...
5
 248
 3,902

Chapter 31

The Canterlot throne room was filled with anticipation as Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity, with Spike and Fancy Pants, were waiting for news from the family members that went on the venture to go help out. Celestia, Sombra, and Luna were waiting with them to await the return of their family.

Rarity asked, "Do you suppose they've managed to help the girls by now?"

"Oh, I hope so…" said Fluttershy.

"Sure they have!" said Applejack.

"I believe you are correct, my darling." said Celestia.

Just then, two guards came bursting in the room with panic spread across their faces and they both shouted out, "Your Highnesses!"

"Yes?" they all said.

One of them spoke, "A ship approaches the city!"

The royals tilted their heads in confusion and Luna pointed out, "So? There are many dirigibles that float around Canterlot. That's not anything new."

The other spoke up, "No, no! This is a real ship! It's a flying ship!"

This got their attention as they rushed to the windows and sure enough, off in the fair distance was a ship flying towards them.

Sombra turned back to the guards, "Round up the other guards and prepare for an attack!"

"Wait, Father!" Rarity gestured, "Look!"

Once he got a closer look, he saw the royal coat of arms on the sails and flag.

"It's… our ship?" questioned Fluttershy.

Celestia's eyes widened, "Which means…" She rushed out of the room with everyone else behind her.

Once they were outside, the ship got closer and the guards were ready on the defense. The family looked up and then they saw the rest of their family waving and shouting to them out of joy.

Sombra smiled and ordered the guards to stand down. They did so.

The anchor dropped in midair and slowly, the ship set down on the ground. When the plank came down, Pinkie and Cheese came bouncing down and Soarin' and Rainbow followed after. Twilight and Flash came out and then Discord. Fluttershy ran to her husband, who held his arms out and embraced her.

Celestia and Sombra shared concerned looks with Applejack and Rarity, but then saw a sight that overwhelmed them with happiness. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo came down with smiles on their faces and then they rushed to their parents, who were tearful.

"Oh, my darlings!" Celestia said and kissed each of their foreheads, "Thank goodness! When I heard Sweetie was… Oh, I'm so grateful that wasn't true!"

"Indeed, it gave us all quite a scare…" said Sombra as he kept hugging his youngest daughters.

Celestia saw Scoots' bandaged wing, "Scootaloo, your wing!"

"It's just a scratch… Nothing to worry about…"

Bloom whispered, "Except when it's broken…"

Scootaloo shushed her.

Apple Bloom then went over to Applejack and Spike and they gave her a huge hug.

Sweetie did the same with Rarity and Fancy Pants and she noticed Rarity was squeezing the life out of her and was crying.

"My poor little sister, having to go through such an ordeal!"

"It's okay, Rarity… The mermares saved me… I own them everything…"

"Oh, you have so much to tell me!"

"And I will, but there's other business we have to take care of…" she turned to Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, who were nodding, and turned their heads back to the ship.

Pip came down first and Apple Bloom took his hoof as they faced her parents. She said, "Mom, Dad… I love Pip…"

The parents exchanged glances and then smirked, turning back to their daughter.

"It was bound to happen…" said Sombra.

Celestia nodded.

"Then… you're not mad?" she questioned.

Celestia chuckled, "Not at all…"

They smiled, but then frowned as Pip said, "I would ask for your daughter's hoof in marriage, but… I have a problem at home…"

"Oh?" both the king and queen said.

"You see, my aunt… she runs an inn in Pony-Ville, but lately, the bills have been piling up… That inn has been my aunt's pride and joy, aside from me since she had to take me in as a small colt… If she loses this inn, she has nowhere else to go… And that's why I took the job as the princesses' personal escort: to try to raise enough to help out…"

The royal couple gave each other a look of sympathy and then smiled towards Pip.

"I'm sure we can figure something out…" said Celestia, "Twilight will have thought of something by now… am I right?" She turned to her daughter.

Twilight smiled and said while taking out a list, "I've already composed a list of several ideas."

Apple Bloom and Pip beamed at her.

Sweetie said, "It's my turn. Mom, Daddy, I would like for you to meet Prince Button Mash of Marendelle." she gestured to Button's entrance.

The king and queen smiled as they bowed their heads in respect.

"Welcome, Your Highness." said Sombra.

"Thank you," Button replied as he bowed his head, "It's an honor to meet the parents of my beloved fiancé. I would like to apologize for your daughter having to go through such ridiculous tests to prove her worth… That's why I would like to ask for a chance to prove myself… Give me a test, any test, and I will do my best to pass it for the sake of your daughter…"

The king and queen were taken aback by this and Luna came up to them with a smile on her face, "Hmm, quite admirable, if I do say so myself."

Celestia then spoke, "Your Highness, you don't need to prove anything to us…"

"But I am quite impressed that you are willing to give anything for our daughter…" Sombra smirked, "As long as you keep her happy, you have our support."

Button and Sweetie gave each other loving glances.

Scootaloo sighed, "Looks like it all comes down to me… Mom, Dad… I want you to meet-" But she saw that he wasn't there, "Um, just give me one moment…" She ran onto the ship as her parents gave each other puzzling looks. She found Rumble holding on to the mast and shaking. "Rumble…"

"I can't do it, Scoots! They'll banish me to the moon! I know they will!"

"This is coming from the guy who's lived dangerously his whole life and now gets scare about meeting the in-laws?!"

"Can't we just stick to our original plan and have a secret marriage?"

"Uh, it's not a secret when half of my family knows it! Look, it was going to come out eventually… And whatever happens… I'll be by your side… Okay?"

He stopped shaking as he looked into her violet eyes, the same eyes he saw when they first met… He slowly let go of the mast and took her hoof.

Rumble kept a straight face as the king and queen looked at him. Scootaloo had just finished explaining how she met Rumble and that he wasn't stealing gold or pricey objects, but only food to survive. The king and queen seemed to understand and slowly nodded their heads.

Rumble then spoke, "If there is a punishment, I will gladly take it…" He bowed his head.

"Well… since no one was hurt and nothing truly valuable was stolen… we can let this slide." said Celestia.

"As long as you tell us what foods you have stolen, we can accommodate those who had lost something…" said Sombra.

"Yes, Your Majesty…" Rumble bowed his head, "And thank you…"

Scootaloo took a breath as she looked at the family members who knew her secret and they urged her to tell. "There's something else you should…" She lowered her head as she told the story. "…It wasn't on purpose! We… we just didn't know if we going to make it and… Well, I wanted to see what it was like… I know you're upset… but please don't take it out on Rumble, this was my doing…" She looked up and her parents were giving expressionless faces, but the other members who didn't know had a dumbfounded look on their faces. The members who did know were waiting in anticipation.

Sombra then cleared his throat, "This has come as a surprise for us… but given the circumstances… I think we can get used to the idea after some time."

Rumble and Scootaloo gaped in bewilderment.

Celestia started smiling, "Tell us about your husband…"

The entire family started smiling and soon, conversation started as the girls and their special colts told them all about their adventures.

As the days passed, Button, Pip, and Rumble got used to being part of the Canterlot family. Pip met with Twilight as she helped him to expand the inn by starting a chain of inns across Equestria. They also hired more staff for the original inn. Rumble finally found his brother Thunderlane with Scootaloo's help, which she got from Rainbow and Soarin'. It turned out Thunderlane was released from prison with the help of his marefriend, Flitter. They had been searching for the last six years for Rumble all that time. Like Scoots' family was, Thunder was surprised to find his little bro was married, but once he met Scootaloo, he was pleased with Rumble's choice.

Sweetie was going over wedding plans with her sisters when suddenly, Rumble and Pip had a surprise for Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. The princesses were given diamond rings! Pip officially proposed to Apple Bloom and with tears in her eyes, she accepted! Rumble offered to Scootaloo that they renew their vows for their whole family. She agreed.

Button and Sweetie decided then that the wedding would be a triple wedding.

*One month later*

Marendelle was excited for the prince's wedding as well as the fact that it was the first triple royal wedding they ever had. The palace was in a rush to finish preparations before the ceremony began. The grooms were in Button's room getting ready and the brides were getting ready in Sweetie's room.

Sweetie and Apple Bloom were admiring the dresses Rarity made for them. AB had her hair up while Sweetie wore a tiara.

Applejack was back to her regular size after she gave birth to a baby girl a few weeks before that she and Spike named Apple Jewel. She came up to them, "Don't you two look prettier than a pair of gems?!"

"They do…" Fluttershy said. She, too, was back to regular size because she had also given birth to a baby girl a few weeks before the wedding. She and Discord named their new baby Screw Ball.

"Ouch!" Scootaloo yelped across the room as Rarity helped put on her gown. She had a single purple rose in her mane, "Careful, Rarity!"

"I don't understand what could be the matter! This is your normal dress size, and we just fit you a month ago! How could you have possibly gained weight so quickly?!"

Scootaloo bit her lip as her sisters stared at her. Sweat rolled down her face. "Well, um… Funny story…" she nervously chuckled.

They gaped at what she getting at.

Rainbow said, "You didn't…" she slumped, "You did…"

Scoots lifted her hooves in the air, "Well, we were married!"

"Does he know?" asked Twilight.

"Somewhat. I told him I wasn't sure until I checked, but now I can say it is true."

"When will you tell him?" questioned Sweetie.

"As soon as the wedding is over." she beamed.

Twilight went to the door, "Speaking of which, it's almost time to start."

The older sisters gave their little sisters a hug before going out.

The ballroom was packed with guests. The Canterlot family, along with the King and Queen of Marendelle, Pip's Aunt Hazel, and Rumble's brother, Thunderlane, and his marefriend, were in the front row. In the second row, Babs, with Dinky and Twist, were there along with Trixie. Featherweight was there, too, serving as best stallion. The three grooms anxiously awaited at the altar for their brides to come.

Just then, the wedding march sounded off. A young pink filly, who had brown in her mane, came bouncing down and throwing flowers petals. Cotton Candy did a quick wave to her parents as she went down the aisle. Then, three young colts came down, each carrying a pillow with two sets of rings on them. Fire Spark was first, looking like his father, but had purple in his mane like his mother. Dignity was second, looking like both his parents with their snowy white coat, but he had his father's eyes and his mother's mane. Whirl Wind was last, having his father's coat but had his mother's rainbow mane.

Finally, the moment was at hoof as Scootaloo came down first. She smiled brightly to her already-husband and he returned the smile. Apple Bloom was next and when she got to Pip, they glanced at each other before turning to see the last bride come. Button was more than overjoyed. This was how he pictured their ceremony to be like before the whole "supposedly-dead" crisis happened. Sweetie was beaming up at him as she was nearing the end.

Twilight smiled and she began singing, "Look at him, watching her, doesn't she look beautiful?"

Fluttershy was next to her, holding baby Screw Ball and sang, "Could they be more content?"

Rainbow sang, "What a perfect day!"

Luna started singing as the three couples were saying their 'I dos', "You never know when you'll find, what your heart is yearning for… All you seek could be there just a breath away…"

Pinkie sang, "I love the dress!"

Cheese sang, "I love the hair!"

Applejack sang while Spike was a holding baby Apple Jewel, who looked like her mother, "The island rose is everywhere!"

Fancy sang, "I'm trying not to shed a tear!"

Discord sang, "I'm glad this was all my idea!"

Rarity sang, "The honeymoon will start today!"

Cotton Candy sang, "I bet we can stow away!"

Discord sang, "This has got to be the wedding of the year!" He gave an excited laugh.

Later, the newlyweds were in the carriage they sat in since their first village tour of the kingdom. Sweetie was singing, "Now that I've seen the world around me!"

Scootaloo sang, "Now that the answers all are clear!"

All six of the newlyweds sang, "Old concerns behind us, new adventures near!"

Apple Bloom sang, "I know a chance can be worth taking!"

Their families were behind them as they made it to the harbor. They sang, "And that a family can grow!"

The six sang as they boarded the ship, "When we have love to guide us as we go…"

Everypony started to wave them off as Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo threw their bouquets, and who should catch them but Babs, who was next to Featherweight, Twist, who was next to Truffle, and Dinky, who was next to Snails. The newlyweds waved goodbye as the ship sailed away and everyone sang.

"There may be miracles awaiting… They maybe closer than we know… When we have love to guide as we go! When we have love to guide us as we go!"

Author's Note:

And… that's it! Whew! Where to start…? The decision to have Scootaloo be pregnant was a tribute to Lady Larkin being pregnant in the musical Once Upon a Mattress. I just had to have some elements, considering what fairy tale this was based off of. Okay, secondly, I gave you a hint about who the third installment will be about. This new fanfiction will be a lot of firsts for me, like having Shining Armor and Cadence be the main couple, Luna playing a major role, and adding a villain who's known for growing big and bad… Daughter of the Moon will be based off of Han Christian Anderson's Thumbelina. If you're willing, I'll see you all there! Also, the wedding song was When We have Love from Barbie as the Island Princess.

Comments ( 30 )

I can't wait for the next installment. Good luck. thanks for a great story. I was a pleasure to read it.

Also since the next one is biased off of my thumbella, here is my favorite song from it.

I know you used this before with the Midnight Dance, but this song is so good. I wanted to share with you to get you excited for the next installment.

Can there be a sequel that's about the mane six kids?

6473276
Oh. My. Gosh. I totally didn't even realized that! :pinkiegasp: Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

6690152
The whole Diamond Tiara angle, right? Yeah, that's something that couldn't be helped at the time.

6710835
That's true, but since we don't know if divorce exists in Equestria... so yeah. Plus, Scoots and Rumble didn't want to end their marriage anyway, which makes it all the more romantic. :twilightsmile:

6710128
You were the only one who got that! :pinkiehappy:

6969778
Not sure about that reference, since I don't know who that is. :applejackunsure:

6970692
6970018
He's a character from Star Wars: the Force Awakens . Also, I'm not sure if I would call myself a Star Wars fan. I've only seen Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, and The Force Awakens from start to finish, and the only one I really enjoyed was The Force Awakens.

Rainbow said, "You didn't…" she slumped, "You did…"

I never knew someone could write one line that shows so much disappointment and concern :rainbowlaugh:

6971242 Revenge of the Site and The Force Awakens are my favorites :rainbowlaugh:

6971242 Oh! That Kylo Ren! :rainbowderp: Sorry, it's been awhile since I've seen the movie. :facehoof:

6971473 I know, I've been wondering where I can put Trixie again, maybe something will come up. As for the Amulet... I have an idea but it might be awhile. So we'll see. :trixieshiftright:

8170209 Nope, I was definitely referring to that!

9001602
It's fairy-tale logic but I always make sure that the couples get to know each other and show how well they work together before getting married.

9001867
:twilightblush: Yeahhh I was still getting used to how things worked on Fimfiction and I'm too lazy to go back and fix it, so... and to quote Edna Mode, "I never look back darling, it distracts from the now."

9002672
:rainbowderp: Okay, that's scary I was just recently listening to that song!

9002721
By the way, I'm rereading this series because the stories that I'm tracking are taking their sweet time updating. :twilightsheepish:

9005807
How true, how true. :twilightsmile: I can remember how this story had much to offer and building the relationships was crucial to the plot.

9009353
Sighs... I wish this song had been around at the time, because it would have been perfect to use for this chapter.

9009377
The seaponies here were from the comics so they're a separate species from the hippogriffs. As for when the hippogriffs do show up in the RCF series, well you're just going to have to wait. :raritywink:

Very good. I recognized Peter Pan in the duel with Caballero! Really sweet!

9009511
This is a great story but you know when I first read it I kind of knew sweetie belle was alright just by looking at the tags anyway I give this story two thumbs way way up 👍👍

Lovely Fanfiction!
I adored reading every work of it!
Just a quick clarification question... What's the third installment of the series called? I'd love to keep reading about the next gen. or maybe even the three newly weds lives in Marendelle or just any continuation of this series!
all the best for your future writing,
Aki

Login or register to comment