• Published 1st Dec 2014
  • 1,200 Views, 13 Comments

A Letter from A Baby Dragon - The Guardian and Friends



Spike finally tells his true feelings to Rarity in a letter.

  • ...
9
 13
 1,200

The Letter

Dear Rarity,

I need to tell you something. It's about my true feelings towards you. I'm just going to spew it all out, and it may seem a bit abnormal for my type, but here it is:

I think I have already told you through my actions towards you that I really like you. That's still true. But, it's something more. Something you might not understand in our friendship.

Before, I thought that every filly I had was the one, the soul mate, my special somepony as you might refer it as, the person that I will spend the rest of my life with. I remember when I dated Apple Bloom that one weekend for Hearts and Hooves day.

Obviously, we broke up, or I wouldn't write this.

Then, I tried dating Sweetie Belle. I remember you telling me she was so sweet and kind to others, and so I tried doing that. It fell apart after a week.

Then, there was her. Barbara Seedling. I thought Babs was going to be, like, the one for me, the filly that would make me happy for the rest of my life. We dated for a few months, and we were such a perfect couple, even going to that Manehattan Middle School dance. I still remember us slow dancing together, kissing each other as we spent the night just being in each other's presence.

Long distance got between the two of us, and we left. We are still good friends, though, and we still send letters. I actually found out she's with Scootaloo and living with this red scary looking guy named The Guardian or something, but I'm getting way too ahead of myself.

I'm afraid to write this. My claws are trembling, making me have to use that ink eraser because I slip and accidentally draw this huge line thing that ruins the entire letter.

I don't want to scare you off. You're such a good friend to me, and I don't want you to run away from me. That sounds obsessive, but it's my true feelings.

Even when I am writing now, I feel this urge in my stomach.

I have to be brave. I am Spike The Dragon, the brave young knight. Dragons aren't scared, right? They're supposed to be fierce and mean and terrible. I'm not like that. I'm just a baby dragon, and not like those dragon bullies I used to hang out with.

Rarity, I love you. That's the truth. I love you. I want you to

Oh, sweet Celestia, those words make me both happy and afraid at the same time. I feel my little dragon heart beating faster with each stroke of the feather pen I write. My vision is getting a bit blurry, because I am just so nervous. It's also a quarter till midnight, and the candlelight I am using to see isn't enough for my dragon eyes.

And it's weird. Its weird to have a twelve year old baby dragon having a romantic interest in a twenty something year old mare.

It just seems weird to do that. Some might call it weird interspecies romance, others unnatural, especially when it's a young dragon and a mature mare trying to get together.

But no one is perfect. I think. Everyone has that kink or quirk about them. And my quirk is I fall in love with people way too easily. I'm way too affectionate, too emotional, too caught up in my feelings. Me dating the Cutie Mark Crusaders is a good example of that, especially Barbara.

My mind wants me to stop typing and just go to sleep, so I can have rest for this huge math test Twilight is giving me; it's something about shapes and the Pythagorean theorem, and it just makes my head hurt. But my heart says I should keep typing this strange love letter to someone I am probably not supposed to be with.

I love you, Rarity. It is way too soon to say that, or even think about that, and you might not have the same feelings as me, especially our big age gap and race difference, but I love you.

I don't expect you to have the same feelings as me, but this might trigger something, either you ignoring me for the rest of my pathetic dragon life, or maybe make us a bit closer. Time will only tell, as Twilight says to me all the time.

You might reply back saying that you really like me, or even love as your brother or sibling or something like that, but I doubt that you will ever realize how much I truly love you.

I need to go to sleep now. The candle is getting dim, and Twilight might scold me heavily for staying up past my bedtime. It is midnight, and I had to go to sleep two hours ago. I might have a gem to eat late from my little box of gems I always eat from in my bedroom.

Speaking of gems, I remember distinctively about that ruby heart that I gave you. I remember you kissing my cheek twice, and how surprised I was that you did such a thing. During that time, I had just broken up with Sweetie Belle, and my crush to you was almost dead. But when you did that, it reignited it, and I feel the same feeling when I first saw you in Ponyville.

Ugh, I just wrote more words, didn't I?

I'm going to sleep. Again. I can barely see with how low the light is coming from the wax candle enhancing my sight to write this. I never even knew that wax candles dim.

Your faithful Spikey Wikey,

Spike the Brave Baby Dragon.

P.S. Tell Sweetie I said hi. Even though we broke up, we still talk to each other.

Comments ( 12 )

I got approved, and what better mod to do it then Obelesence, second best mod! Thanks, man!

interesting story but it is a little confusing. Other then that its good

Hillbe #3 · Dec 2nd, 2014 · · 1 ·

:moustache: 12 years old?

:twilightsmile: That's 62 in dog years !

:pinkiehappy: That's 45 minutes in an oven at 35o degrees !

:flutterrage:You are going to LOVE ME !

:raritystarry: Spikey's 74 years 45 minutes old?

:facehoof: Damn Fuzzy math !

:rainbowhuh: Who's fuzzy?

THUMBS UP !

Interesting so far. I await for more!

I actually found out she's with Scootaloo and living with this red scary looking guy named The Guardian or something, but I'm getting way too ahead of myself.

To say I wasn't expecting this is like saying I don't sell propane.

5338224
Nope. Just a King of the Hill joke.

Basically, I said that it was obvious you would have done that. I'm guessing that Scootaloo hangs out with an pizzeria bear, eh?

5338509

No, Scoots hangs out with Babs. GF just sits there lifeless.

Hmm... incomplete.
Do I sense a follow up letter? Or did you miss that?

Comment posted by epicn00b deleted Dec 5th, 2014

The letter was amazing except for at the beginning spike writes how he's struggling to write this letter in the dark then out of the blue he's typing the rest. but other than that I love you work. :heart:

Login or register to comment