• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 5,380 Views, 18 Comments

Life With a Wonderbolt - Randomizer77



A human spends some quality time with a certain pegasus.

  • ...
4
 18
 5,380

My Little Cuddlebug

We did many things together.

But her favorite was curling up right next to me.

Simply curling up in my embrace, and slowly falling asleep.

Her name was Fleetfoot.

*** *** ***

I was walking back home from the nearby store when I first found her. It had snowed overnight, and the vehicles that were out on the road were driving cautiously, due to the fact that it was slightly below freezing. I waited patiently, then walked across the street when the crosswalk light signaled it was safe. The snow on the roads had been cleared, and the thin layer of snow lended everything a pleasant-to-look-at appearence.

It was when I was trekking up the shortcut that led to my house that I heard her.

I paused, unsure if what I heard was my imagination or not. It sounded like... someone crying. Wearily, I took a few steps in the direction the sound had come from, and I was able to confirm that it wasn't my imagination: somebody really was crying.

I continued to walk towards the sound, hearing it grow louder; before long, I was right on top of it.

... ?

I was right on top of the sound, but I couldn't see the source, only a bush... which could only mean...

At that instant, whoever was sobbing went silent.

Okay, so they were frightened. I took a few steps away from the bush, and spoke:

"It's okay. Whoever's here can come out. I won't hurt you." I paused. "If you're lost, I can try to help you back home."

That was enough to coax them out of hiding; I could hear their footsteps in the snow. But I was in for a surprise when I turned around.

The person was in fact, not a human, but a pony. It was a female, judging by the shape of their muzzle. She had a light teal coat, a white mane, big purple eyes, and two small wings on her back. So she was a pegasus. I recognized her almost immediately.

It was none other than Fleetfoot, one of the Wonderbolts from one of my favorite tv shows; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. But she was fictional... what was she doing here?

"Do you need someplace warm to stay?" I asked her. She nodded shakily. "Well I know just the place." I said calmly while scooping her up in my arms. She was probably too frightened to move, but I felt her shift in my arms to try and get closer to my warmth.

I carried her all the way to my house, and in the light of my living room, finally noticed that she didn't look too good. As in she was dirty.

"Would you like a nice warm bath?" I asked. Her ears cutely perked up at the word "warm", and she nodded eagerly. I led her to the bathroom and turned the bath's water temperature knob to warm. Once she was satisfied with the temperature, she climbed in, however, I left the drain unplugged. I had a different idea.

I pulled up a small knob on the bath's spigot, and shortly the water began streaming out of the shower head. Pulling the shower head off of its hold, I used the warm water to clean her off, then began to soap her down. The pegasus closed her eyes and sighed softly as I cleaned her wings, and I felt her lean towards me when I began to clean her surprisingly soft mane. She was liking this, and I could understand why; there were few things quite as relaxing as a nice shower.

When I washed the shampoo out of her mane, she shook her head in an adorably dog-like manner, only to blush when she realized that her action had gotten me wet. Not that I minded. Climbing out of the tub, I carefully dried her off with a towel and hair dryer, and she soon looked good as new, not to mention rather sleepy.

I carried her to my bed, climbed in, and turned on my electric blanket to help ward off the cold (my furnace was currently broken, unfortunately). The light teal pegasus snuggled closer to me and quickly fell asleep, with me joining her shortly after.

*** *** ***

That was the very first night we had spent together. That was two-and-a-half months ago, yet it felt like it was yesterday. I wondered if she felt the same way.

I smiled as she hopped up onto my bed and curled up next to me; she did it every night, yet it never lost its cuteness. I began to gently massage one of her wings, prompting her to sigh pleasantly and stretch out her legs.

Did I mention how heart attack-inducingly adorable she looked? The light teal pegasus lay sprawled out next to me, with her head on my lap as I gently scratched just behind her ears, which were now turned back in pleasure, running my other hand along the gentle curve of her back, all the way to the base of her tail, which was now twitching contentedly. She looked a lot like a cat.

A very happy cat.

She rolled onto her back, and began to gently kick one of her hind legs when I scratched her belly. I knew it was only a reflex, but it just looked so adorable!

Fleetfoot was my little cuddlebug (you should have seen her when I first gave her that pet name; she looked like she would pass out from so much blood going to her face!). She didn't have a pet name for me, but she didn't mind. Or, more accurately, she didn't care. She was already too happy to care.

As night fell, she curled back up and began to doze off.

"I love you, my little cuddlebug." I whispered as I shifted to under the blankets. Just before I fell asleep, I heard her whisper back:

"I love you too."

Author's Note:

Awwww! Such a sweet ending! Why did I write this? Mainly because this whole thing has been floating around in my head for awhile and I've been having difficulties with writing my other stories. And I'm aware that I didn't provide an explanation for a cartoon pegasus showing up in the real world, I decided to leave that up to your imagination. Hope you enjoyed!

As for my other stories, the latest rewrite of Speed is still in progress; I know it may seem slow, but please bear with me. Black is on an unofficial hiatus because of writer's block, but I'll do my best to clear out some space for me to write the next chapter. Finally, MiM 1 isn't likely to be coming off of hiatus anytime soon, since it's an OC driven story. So keep the OCs coming if you want to see the story continue! (Even if it takes months before somebody submits a character, I WILL NOT cancel it, since it's actually doing okay, as in there are people that do like it) Until the next chapter of another story, see ya!

Comments ( 18 )

This could be longer, but It was very well done. It was very rushed, but I honestly liked it quite a bit. It isn't often I find a story with fleetfoot that is well done.

Comment posted by CodeG deleted Dec 3rd, 2014

5339820 Thanks! I know it was rushed, but the idea itself was quite short. Glad you liked it!:twilightsmile:

5340666 you are quite welcome. Fleetfoot doesn't have enough stories.

i.imgflip.com/evryv.jpg

Very good story, no matter how short it was. 10/10

This fic is like an inch-long candy cane: it's sweet, but it's much too short.

5342510 Yeah, the original idea itself was intended to just pass the 1,000 word minimum.:twilightsheepish:

5342520
You should expand on this. Maybe delve a little deeper into their relationship?

This story was just so adorable! :rainbowkiss: too bad this can't happen for real :raritydespair:

It's so adorable, I wish there was more.

My blood sugar went to hell... totally worth it!

5339820 Seconded. The cuteness...

Cuteness overload!! I hope you can either continue this or make a sequel

It was cute, but felt really rushed. I didn't feel any build-up in their relationship and the time skip leaves an empty space in my head. I also recommend taking out the parenthesis you have in your story because they can break immersion. Regardless, the idea is solid, but could use a little more meat on the bones.

For example, "I carried her to my bed, climbed in, and turned on my electric blanket to help ward off the cold, though it was hardly a substitute for my broken furnace." flows far more smoothly than "I carried her to my bed, climbed in, and turned on my electric blanket to help ward off the cold (my furnace was currently broken, unfortunately)."

The sentence is a little too long to be swallowed in one bite now, so it needs to be broken down or trimmed.
I would end up with "I tucked her into my bed before joining her, warming up my electric blanket to ward off the cold left by my broken furnace."

The difference between the two sentences above is the number of divisions in them. As a rule of thumb, I try to avoid more than one comma in a sentence - an easy indicator of a run-on. The first sentence can be broken down into "I carried her to my bed and climbed in." "I turned on my electric blanket to help ward off the cold." and "(My furnace was currently broken, unfortunately)."

The final version combines these ideas into a single unit. "I tucked her into my bed before joining her, warming up my electric blanket to ward off the cold left by my broken furnace."

Very beautiful story :pinkiehappy:

Bro...I LOVE Fleetfoot! Nice short sweet story you made here! :twilightsmile:

Wearily, I took a few steps in the direction the sound had come from, and I was able to confirm that it wasn't my imagination

Warily, I took a few steps in the direction the sound had come from, and I was able to confirm that it wasn't my imagination

Login or register to comment