• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 3,270 Views, 166 Comments

My Little Rosey - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Sarah, a very depressed 16 year old, finds hope when someone, or something comes into her life.

  • ...
12
 166
 3,270

Enrolling for school

When Rose Luck called me mommy, I was overcome with a multitude of good feelings I have never felt before. She's still clinging to my neck, and I can feel her soft colorful mane on the side of my face. I can hear her little breaths each time she exhales, and I can feel the rise and fall of her chest as she breathes. She snuggles her head deeper into my neck. It's just so adorable that this cute little filly could adapt to me so quick as to call me mommy. My eyes are welling up with tears of pride and joy, and mom is giving me one of those "Awe just look at that" smiles. I hug her back now sort of tight so I dont crush her tiny fragile body. She feels warm on my shoulder, wet from being outside before. I rub the back of her head.

"I love you too Rosey." I say, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Are you hungry?" I ask the sweet filly. She doesn't say anything, but I can tell by the movement of her head that she was nodding.

"What should we give her?" Mom asks kindly.

"Well ponies are vegetarians so fruit and veggies?" I suggest. It's been two minutes now and Rose still hasn't let me go. I'm so happy right now that I'm fighting back tears of joy. I don't know how, but Rose Has made me happy in the short hour we have known each other.

"Good idea." Mom says tapping her chin with her index finger. I continue stroking the small pony's soft, silky mane. She hasn't said or done anything now for some time.

"Ma is she sleeping?" I say spinning so mom can see Rose's face.

"Yeah I think so." She replies. "She must have been really tired."

"Okay. So ma could you go make her something to eat? I'll go sit in my room with her till she wakes up."

"Sure thing sweetie." She replies, heading downstairs now.

Now I walk down to the opposite side of the hallway to my room. I don't bother turning the light on cause I might wake her up. I gently pull her off me, and set her on one side of my bed. I lay next to her, with my right arm under her head, and my left arm over her as I hold her close. I put my forehead oh her's, and her cold breath blows against my neck. I then take my left hand and pull the covers over us. I return to petting her mane with my left hand. Eventually I get a bit sleepy, and my eyelids seem to weigh as much as rocks. I look at The pony's sweet sleeping face as she slightly snores. Each time she exhales it sounds like a little whistle. I run my hand over her head one more time and I myself fall asleep. Her coming into my life all of a sudden changed me, and made me happy once more. Today is November 29th 2014. This will be her birthday.

Suddenly I'm nudged awake, and I see little Rose looking at me.

"Yes Rose?" I ask right before giving out a big yawn.

"I can't sleep." She says a little pouty. "Can you sing me a lullabye mommy?" She asks. This makes my heart jump. I did exactly that when I was little and couldn't sleep! But luckily I remember a song my real mother would sing to me, why not sing it to Rose?

I clear my throat a couple times cause it begins with humming that cant be done if your throat isn't clear. "Hush now my little child don't say a word, just close your eyes, and dream of good dreams till the morning sunrise comes. Hush now my little child for it's time to sleep, let you mind drift away into a peaceful slumber, and don't make a peep. Hush now my little child for I'll be here to hold you close because mommy loves you most."

When I stop, I notice she is snoring away again like before. I give her a small kiss on the forehead, and just after, a smile is made. Now it's time for me to get back to sleep. I don't know how, but I already love her enough to think of her as a daughter. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I feel like crying. If you were to tell me years ago that some point in my life I'd be caring for a talking pony I'd have called you nuts, but now that I am, I just love her so much. I know I'm not her real mother but I'll be the best mother I can be. I vow to take care of her, for as long as I must.

12 months later

It's been one year since I brought Rose home, and she has grown quite a bit in those two years. She was almost 2'6, now she's 3'4. She now almost comes up to my waist rather than my knees. She's still quite the cuddle bug, and I don't mind. I actually like it. And what's the matter with getting hugs from your own daughter? Right now we're playing a game of hide and seek, which we have been for an hour now. Right now she's hiding and I'm counting. This is all we really do, and board games such as battleship. With her growing she became heavier too. After having her for so long now, I can't imagine losing her. She's pretty much all I have. Her being seen used to worry us a lot, but anyone in the area who have seen her said it's cool as long as she doesn't cause any trouble, so it's safe to take her outside the house. I begin counting, as she runs off to hide.

"!...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9..10"

"Ready!" she she says out loud. She is always ready by ten, and I don't get it. I head towards the general area where I heard her yell from. head to the kitchen where I hear giggling coming from.

"I know you're in here somewhere. "

"Tee hee hee." She giggles again. This time I heard it coming from under the sink. I walk over to it, and pull open the doors under it.

"Awe how did ya find me already?!" she says laughing

"I don't know. Maybe cause you were giggling the whole time?" I reply to her.

She pulls herself out of the cupboard, and stands in front of me smiling. Then she stands up on her hind legs and hugs me with her forelegs. I should have seen this coming, but for some reason I didn't. meh so what. I hug her back, as she lays the side of her face against my stomach. I look down at the cute pony hugging me the way she is. I never thought I'd have a daughter, but here I am with a pony being my daughter hugging my like usual. I just realized that, since everyone in our town knows about her, and that she is most likely 6 now, that maybe I could enroll her into school this year.

"Hey Rose, mommy has to make a couple phone calls okay?"

"Awwee okay." She says letting me go, then trotting off to the living room.

I pull out my phone and dial the number for the principle for the elementary school just a couple blocks away. I hold up the phone to my ear. It rings three times before being answered.

"Hello this is Principle Browning, how can I help you?" He says right away.

"Hey it's Sarah. Sarah Muntz." I reply. He was the principle at my highschool during freshman, and sophomore year, but is now the principle of the elementary school.

"Ah sarah, how have you been? It's been almost three years!"

Yeah we know each other because we were always talking about random stuff when we got the chance. He would let me come to his office during lunch hours which he didn't do with any other student. He's a pretty cool guy, so I hope he can help me out here with possibly enrolling Rose. We we're like best buds when I was in school, but I graduated this year so I'm school free!! It's just a matter of when I ask him, and what his answer will be. He doesn't even know Rose exists, so I'm not sure if he will let her be enrolled.

"Yeah, I have something important to talk to you about. In person if you have the time."

"Oh sure I'm not doing anything right now but sitting at my desk at home! Do you want me to come to you or will you come here?"

"I will actually need you to come here." I say straight forward

"Okay I will be right over." He says before hanging up. I put my phone back in my pocket.

I walk out into the livingroom, and I see Rose watching spongebob. She hasn't noticed me yet, so I take this as an advantage to get a scare on her. I creep up right behind her where she sits on the couch, and I place my hands on her shoulders. "BOO!" She practically jumps up two feet cause I scared her so bad. It was priceless. It's rare that I get a good scare on her now days.

"OHMYGOODNESS!!" She screams.

"Hahaha I got you good!" I tease poking the tip of her muzzle with a finger.

"Yeah, nice one mom." She says smiling.

I move to sit next to her on the couch, and she sits in my lap. I begin watching Spongebob with he. I love his whacky adventures he goes on with his friends, and annoying Squidward. It's just amazing how funny this show is. Who doesn't love spongebob? After about two episodes there is a knock at the door. Rose gets off so I can get up. I walk over to the door to see who it is, and it's Mr. Browning!! I quickly unlock the door, and let him in. He takes off his coat and hangs it on the coat rack. I take his hat for him, and I place it at the top. I reach my hand out to shake his hand.

"Nice to see you came." I say smiling.

"Yes, so what is it you needed me here for?"

"It's about my daughter Rose."

"You have a daughter? That's so lucky of you!" He replies happily.

"Well she isn't mine. We just like to think I'm her mother."

I lead him to the dinning room, where we sit across from each other. IT's bright since there is a lot of window space in this room. He sits there smiling at me. The sun shines bright outside, and the weather forecast said it was going to be like that tomorrow too. I love sunny days. Just so full of life.

"So where is Rose?" He asks.

"ROSE!"

"Yeah?" She asks entering the room.

Mr. Browning looks quite shocked to see a talking pony right in front of him.

"Rose can you sit with us please?"

"Sure I guess." She says sitting in the chair next to me.

"I was wondering that Rose is of 6 years old which is the minimum age to apply at school, so I was wondering if you could get Rose put into school, because she needs an education too.

"I think I could work something out." He says looking at Rose. "So is that all you wantd was to see if I would enroll her?

"Yes exactly." I reply to him.

"Well anyone who is wiling to learn may be given a possible education."

"Cool, so when is registration?" I ask.

"It's August 25th. Today is August 19th, so you have a little under a week.." he says. "Well I better best be going." He says getting up from the table.

I lead him out of the house, then it's just me and Rose again while mom is at work. Everyday gets better and better, with a good 6-8 hours of bonding time with Rose. I walk up to her and hug her tight. She hugs me back of course with her being the cuddle bug she is. I kneel down to her eye level, and I plant a kiss on her forehead. She giggles a bit at this since I don't usually do it like that. She's still up on her hind legs for some reason but i don't know why. It doesn't matter anyway. I rub her mane a couple times to straighten some of it out that got messed up.

"Now listen Rose. Soon you will most likely be going to school, so we won't be able to spend as much time together okay?"

"Okay. Will there be other ponies there?" she asks. This question suddenly made me realize that she hasn't seen a pony like herself in her life, and I'm afraid she may grow suspicious of it.

"I don't know. I haven't been to this school." I reply.

A terrible lie. Way to dodge a bullet Sarah. I think to myself. Way to go. I have come to realize, that after I let this young filly into my life, I have been doing better now. I've been stress free and happy as can be, all thanks to ose, who I will always be there for. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I will always be thankful to have her as a part of my everyday life. I thank whoever did this for me. I have a daughter which I never thought I would ever have, but now I do. She is a 6 year old pony named Rose. I love her with all my heart, and I vow pain on whoever hurts Rose. She is very precious to me, and this whole first year I have had with her has been absolutely perfect.

I let her go, and I put my hands on her shoulders.

"I love you Rose. These past twelve months with you have been the best of my life. There isn't a second that goes by, that I don't enjoy having you with me." I hug her once again, and she hugs back. "I love you too mommy." Her sweet little voice is like music to my ears.

"Can I tell you something mommy?" She asks still embracing our hug.

"Anything, my little angel." I say rubbing her head. Then she looks up at me with those big hazel eyes, glistening in the light.

"I call you my mommy cause you are my mommy. You wished for me." She says, then returning to snuggling her face against my stomach. And did she say, that since I wished for her I somehow became her biological mother? That's not possible!! I didn't get pregnant, so how does this work?

"When you made your wish, you gave off some of your soul to make it come true, and it made me, so you're my real mommy, and I love you." Part of me wants to tell me this is so wrong, yet it makes a big part of me feel really good. I AM her mommy. I don't know exactly how this works, but I don't care. Once again I get the feeling of crying, but this time I can't hold it back. I kneel down to get give her a better hug, as the tears begin to flow.

"What's wrong mommy?" She asks me sounding worried. I hug her tighter now.

"I thought you were just calling me mommy cause that's what you thought of me." I reply

"But you ARE my mommy."

"I know Rose, and I always will be."