• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 3,255 Views, 166 Comments

My Little Rosey - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Sarah, a very depressed 16 year old, finds hope when someone, or something comes into her life.

  • ...
12
 166
 3,255

Escape

The rest of the day crawled on by rather slowly. But then again, I’ve been stuck in a hospital bed, with nothing to do except plan a devious escape to retrieve my daughter back from Celestia and Luna. an evil smirk crept onto my face as I rubbed my hooves together, which would normally be done after putting a plan together, but I just felt like doing it.

I watched the sun lower behind the horizon just out of the window, the moon taking its place. Well, not technically since it’s in the opposite direction. Soon after a consecutive 3,476 ticks of the second hand on the clock above the door, came the sound of hooves clopping on tiles, telling me Nurse Red Butt was coming for my final check up of the day.

The hoofsteps came to a stop just outside of the door, followed by a quick triple knock.

“Come in!” I called out to the mare, who then came in upon my “calling,” a clipboard in hoof, baggy eyes, and somewhat sluggish movements. She’s obviously getting tired.

“So,” she began, as she began rummaging through drawers for a set of tools (of which the stethoscope is the only name I recognize) to aid her in my check up. “First I’m going to check your pulse…” she yawned, her eyes closing for several seconds each time she blinked. (Don’t tell her I switched her package of coffee for a decaffeinated version since she made her coffee in my room)

The pink maned white pony approached me, placing a hoof on my foreleg near my hoof for several seconds, watching the watch on her other leg. Well, at least until she slumped forward before falling to the floor. Once again, smirking my evil smirk, I crept out of my bed, as weak as I was, I didn’t care.

It also might have been smart to remove those cords with the sticky circular things from my body before getting off, since I am now in a tangled mess of things. I groan/sigh escaped my equine lips as i began detaching them, which hurt, since they had pulled some of my fur out in the process. When I finally managed to get up, I looked to Nurse Red Butt again, before finally realizing a major flaw.

Her unconscious body had landed on the familiar red button to call for assistance, which means I’ve got to get moving and fast! I began ripping the cords off my body, tearing a few my accident, but I didn’t care, I just need to get out! I hurried over to the window as fast as my tired and weakened body will go, pulling the curtains back and gazing out of the window I was lucky to see I’m on the first floor.

Well, being a hospital, and judging by the equipment I could assume this is a multi level hospital, But then again, why would hospitals only have one floor? A knock on the door a second told me to keep my assumption for later as I reached a hoof up to remove the hook that kept the window locked shut.

“Sarah?” Called a male voice from the other side of the door, followed by a few more knocks.

Under what little light I had in the dark room, I managed to undo the lock, and I gave the windows a push.

They didn’t budge.

Again I tried, when the thought finally occurred to me that they open inward. So now I pulled them open, just as the door to the room open, flooding the room with light.

“Sarah!” said the voice again. A brown maned, orange ish colored pony entered the room wearing glasses and a white coat. Of course with the final touch being a stethoscope. “What are you doing!?”

I didn’t anser, I only looked back to the window, and jumped out, and as fast as I could with no knowledge on working equine legs, I made my way away from the hospital.

I ditched the hospital gown, and continued run, trip...fall...crawling? I don’t know, but I can just say that the dirt here don’t taste any better than the dirt on Earth! Through the bitter winds, I kept doing whatever it is I was doing to get away.

I couldn’t run for long, since I tired out much too quickly, as a town came into view, I wiped the dirt from my face, neck, chest, stomach and legs. There was hardly anybody out. A pony or two going this way and that, stopping to take a look at the mess of a fur ball I’ve become.

Most buildings around the area, with straw roofs and wooden frames looked like places of business, more than residential places. But then again, I’m on a whole different planet with talking horses, so who knows!? Maybe there are unicorns here who fly and fart Rainbows! God...whatever they got me on is messing with me…

After a while, I managed to spot a house up on a small hill, with a few lights on, so I approached it. I could hear music playing from inside. It sounds like...oh what is it called? Dubstep? Not sure, but whatever it is, it’s got me walking to the beat of the drums as I walk up to the door. I lift a hoof to knock, and I give three firm taps, as to try and get over the sound of the music.

Said music came to a stop upon my knocking as I waited. The door, a few seconds later opened to a white unicorn with a two toned blue mane, and purple shades upon her eyes.

“Heh, hey there! I uh...I’m sor3ry for interrupting, but I kind of need a place to stay…”

The unicorn raised a brow, then smiled and without a word, she stepped aside.

“Thanks,” I smiled back as I entered the house, unsure of anything really. I mean she IS a pony, but this is a different world, like I’ve mentioned millions of times before, and who knows? I for one know nothing but one thing, and that thing is to get my dear Rose Luck back in my arms.

The unicorn nodded.

Inside, the first thing I noticed was that the living room was two different colors. On one side it was a maroonish color and blue on the other half. the blue half had records on shelves and a dj system, as well as a doorway that lead to a kitchen. The other half had a table with a couple books on top and a stand that looked like it was meant for some stringed instrument.

“Uh...nice place you got here, Miss…”

The unicorn pointed a hoof to something on the shelf. It was a record that read Vinyl Scratch on the front side of the cover.

“Vinyl Scratch? Makes sense I guess, since you’re a dj. Right?”

Vinyl nodded with a smirk.

“So…” I began awkwardly in hopes of starting a conversation with the mare who had headphones on and no intention of speaking. “Do you have a shower I could use?”

Vinyl nodded again and pointed a hoof towards the stairs located just off of the kitchen.

“Heh. Thanks again.” I shrugged as I made my way to the steps, until I noticed something rather peculiar in the kitchen. It was blue, had a door with a very large speaker on the front, and a single grey button on top.

“Uh...if you don’t mind me asking, is this a dishwasher?” I couldn’t help but ask.

Again, Vinyl only nodded.

“Strange. I’ve never seen anything like that before…” I said awkwardly as I headed up the stairs.

At the top there were four doors. The first was open, which lead into a fairly large bedroom. The other three were closed, so I guess it’s time to start guessing. Three of the four doors were on one side of the wall, where on the other was the last. I could only assume the middle of the three doors was a hallway closet, and the one to the right of it would be another bedroom. So, I’m going to try the other door to the right.

To my surprise, I was right! Heh, that old “elimination” skill thing teachers teach you about really comes in handy when it comes to multiple choice problems! And with that, I enter the plain old, average looking bathroom, flicking on the light switch that also activates the vent above. I then close the door and I enter the shower, pulling the curtains shut.

I turn the shower on, letting the hot water wash over me, which feels very relaxing. I spotted a back brush hanging from a rack hanging from the shower head, so I take it in my hold. Well, after a good three minutes of trying to keep my balance while fumbling to get a grip on something without fingers to help me do so.

So, under the assumption these guys have water bills, electricity bills and thing like that, I decided to resort to using just my hooves to clean myself. good thing their soap bottles had pumps, which made access to soaps much easier.

After a good lathering of oap into my fur, I began rinsing myself off. The whole time, the only thing I could think of was what made my life so miserable. As of now, I’ve got nothing. Not even my humanity. No parents, no friends, no home, no money, and my daughter being taken from me. It’s like everytime I get something good, I end up losing it.

As I think these thoughts, I grab a towel from a nearby cupboard and begin drying myself off as I stare at myself in the mirror above the sink. A distressed, purple, green eyed mare is what I see. Tears in her eyes, head lowered and a stab of pain in her chest.

I was just another average girl, hoping to at least get somewhere in life, but now look at me. An emotional wreck. Before I realized it, I had my head down on the counter as the tears began to flow.

Everything I know and love is gone. When Celestia and Luna find out I’ve run away, they’ll just find me and send me back to earth, where I’ll still be homeless and not a penny to my name. I’ll be shoved onto another family who will either cae, or be one of those families who need an excuse to beat a child senseless.

I just want to see my little Rosey. My daughter, my sweet little filly, my only reason to keep the pathetic life I’ve got. My silent tears turned to quiet sobs, then to a full out bawl, curled up on the floor.

Comments ( 10 )

Yay another chapter and don't take this the wrong way, but What The Heck Man! You said it would be a joking chapter. I liked it though. So the princesses took rose? I thought rose was with her "mommy" in the hospital.:rainbowhuh:

That moment when you reach the end of the most recent chapter of a story, and your forced to wait for the next: :applecry::fluttercry::flutterrage::twilightoops::raritydespair::twilightangry2::facehoof:

Now I gotta find another story...
Sad day...

7092344 I understand why you are so blunt about it, but hey, you made a few grammar errors in your comment as well :p but yeah I was only starting out writing. This was two years ago almost. I knew almost nothing about anything to do with writing XD but as I always say "Do what you can with what you have." Idk if it is an existing saying but I live by it. Anywho, if I were to start the over and begin today it'd be way better! Also, this is my back up account. Sadly after erasing browser history to speed up my computer, it logged me out and I have forgotten my password. If you look from my first stories to the most recent ones, I have gotten better. I mean I made that Pokemon crossover one and I got AWESOME results

7101253 nah nah it's x2+3y+X+4x+12y. Simplify to x2+15y+5x. In correct order it'd be 15y+x2+5x

7851922 what comment are you referring to?

PLEASE! I NEED MORE CHAPTERS.

can u make more chapters please. ive read and re-read this and im seriously eager for more please

8174776
im sad to say the auther jumped accounts i dont think any of these stories will be touched again

Login or register to comment