• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 3,268 Views, 166 Comments

My Little Rosey - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Sarah, a very depressed 16 year old, finds hope when someone, or something comes into her life.

  • ...
12
 166
 3,268

The Whole Truth

I don't know how long we laid there, Rose in my arms, sobbing away, or where we were. I don't know what's going to happen next, or what will come of it. Frankly, I'm at a loss for figuring anything out. My daughter may not be my daughter, and possibly taken away. If I lose her, I'll have nothing left to be lost. Rose is thw whole reason I didn't take my life that one rainy day. Since my parents died...I had been slowly losing everything I knew and loved. My boyfriend followed after my finding of my parents passing, my old school, my pride and joy.

Everything.

Given to some random lady I did not know, I began the long journey of the empty filled life I lived. She did her best to take care of me, knowing my sadness and depression would soon lead me to my deadly fate. Then Rose showed up. She claimed to be my daughter, which I believe she is. A part of me was used to create her when I made my wish, but it was all coincidential, according to that monstrosity named Discord. That first night when she called my her mother, was very touching. At first I didn't believe it, but I still did my best to raise her, will my adoptive mother's help.

Soon enough, a whole year went by, and everyday, I became more and more conviced I was her mother, despite being two different species. Now...I refuse to believe I'm not her mother. I just know I am...right?

Rose is currently snuggling herself into me, as I hold her tightly, since I refuse to let her go. I promised I'd always be there for her, and if it means I have to almost kill myself again to do it, I will. She looks up at me with her large, reddened hazel colored eyes, from crying for so long. I know what she's going through. I've gone through it twice before. Losing the one you call mommy. To be honest, I don't care what happens next, or for the rest of my life, as long as by the end of each day, I get to hold my little filly in my arms.

"M-mommy?" she asked quietly, with a small stutter do to her choppy breathing.

"Yes, Rosey?"

"You///you aren't going to die are you?"

I was a little taken back by such a question, but I can understand why she asked me. I smiled with a slight chuckle, as well aas a shake of my head. "No, honey. I'm not going to die. I promise, okay?"

"Okay, mommy. I love you," she smiled, nuzzling her cheek into my neck.

I smiled a little more. "I love you too, rosey. Forever and ever."

I was about to say more, but then then there came a knocknig on the large oak door, and a white, pink maned pony, wearing a nurses hat walked in.

"You have visitors," she said in a soft tone after a good clearing of her throat.

"Let them in, I guess..." I answered a bit awkwardly, wondering who would ever know I'm here to be visited.

She nodded and turned to the door and waved a hoof in such a gesture as to say to come in. Following her action, a tall, winged unicorn with a long flowing rainbow mane and tail walked in with a smile. She wore golden shoes on her hooves, and a crown in front of her long horn. After her, came in a familiar pony, who I recognized as Luna, and after her...was Discord.

I frowned deeply at him, holding Rose closer to my chest.

The rainbow maned pony put a hoof to her mouth, coughing a few times.

"Yes?" I asked, keeping my eyes on Discord.

"Mommy...it's him again.."

"I know, Sweetie."

With a sigh, the white one began. "I'm not sure how to begin, but I will say I am deply sorry for what ever pain Discord has caused you, as well as many other ponies here. And I'm sure he's sorry too. Aren't you, Discord?" She turned her head, giving Discord a firm glare.

"Oh, dear Celestia. I only had good intentions for my actions. Rose Luck you see, was living a rather secretly depressed life, for reasons I do not know. The same goes for Sarah, here," he said, gesturing a clawed hand at me. or are they talons? "She lost her parents, her boyfriend, her home, her friends if any, thus she was rather upset. So, I offered Rose a better life, to which she agreed. She just doesn't know it, since I erased her memory of Equestria, and gave her new ones, that made her think Sarah was her mother, and I sent her to earth to be with her."

"So in other words, you were actually trying to do good?" Luna asked.

Discord nodded.

"But you did it all in the wrong way, since all you have caused is pain. Rose's friends miss her, and Sarah thinks Rose is her daughter, when sadly that is anything but true.

Tears quickly filled my eyes, and unable to stop them, the began to flow out, and soon I found myself bawling my eyes out. "No! I don't believe you! Rose is my daughter! I am her mother! Tell me you're lying!" I screamed. "Do a DNA test or something! Anything! Please!"

Celestia sighed again, placing a hoof on my shoulder. "I know it's hard to suddenly take in, but what we tell is the truth."

"We'll be taking her, and as soon as you're healed, and better, we'll send you back home."

With a sniffle, I gave a heavy sigh of defeat.

Rose gazed up at me again with saddened eyes. "Don't let them take me, mommy..."

With tears still streaming down my cheeks, I gave Rose a soft kiss on the head. "I have no choice, Rose. This is the way it needs to be."

"No!" Rose yelled with a shake of her head, burying her face into my chest. "I don't wanna lose you, mommy!"

"I know, and I don't want to lose you either...but I have no choice." I sigh, alowering my head in anguish.

Celestia spoke up. "We'll be letting Rose stay here with you in the hospital while you're here, but after then..."

"You're going to take her from me...my only reason for living...since I literally have nothing left in my life..." Tears crept into my eyes, as I fought to keep them back. "No friends...no job...no place to stay..." I looked into Rose's eyes as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"And I'm sure a good mother wouldn't want their child to go through the feeling of being homeless. You don't want Rose to go through that, do you?" Luna asked.

I shook my head. "Wh-what if I were to stay here with her...wherever here is?"

Celestia and Luna shook their heads, and Luna spoke. "You don't belong here just as much as Rose doesn't belong in your world. Please understand. We're doing this for the better good."

"We are truly sorry for all of this," said Celestia as she turned for the door. "In two days time we'll be back, to set things straight,"

"Please stay strong." Luna sighed, following Celestia. Discord rolled his eyes, trailing just behind them. "All this mushiness is too much."

"WAIT!"

"Yes?" Celestia asked, turning only her head.

"Where will you be taking her?" I responded, with the idea of a plan building in my brain.

"The Lost and Found Youth adoption center. Why?"

I sighed heavily. "Y...you should just take her there, okay? She'd be better off, than here with a beanten of woman who isn't even her mom..."

"What!?" Roseluck snapped. "Don't let them just take me!"

I kissed her head and whispered in her ear, "I'll come get you. Don't worry okay?"

For a moment she looked confused, but gave a slight nod. "Okay."

"You make a good choice," sais Celestia. "Come one, Rose."

Rose obeyed and like usual she stood on her hind legs only. The princesses seemed confused by this, but I'm sure they'll get over it. The four of them left the room, along with the nurse who smiled slightly at me and shut the door.

"Don't worry, Rosey. Mommy will be there soon..."

Author's Note:

Sorry for such a long wait forr me to update this, and I know this is somewhat of a short chapter, but I hope it suffices.