• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 1,758 Views, 25 Comments

Firefly - videogamegurl96



An MLP/Chucky crossover inspired by "Child's Play 3"

  • ...
7
 25
 1,758

Chapter One

It was the second day of spring in Ponyville. Rainbow Dash was flying through the sky and kicking the clouds away, like she was supposed to and always does. She saved the final cloud, however, for herself to rest and admire the work that everypony made during Winter Wrap-Up the other day. “Man,” she began to think out loud, “We sure did a great job this year. Princess Celestia would be so proud of us.”
Not even a tiny puddle of water from the snow marred the beauty of the rainbow pegasus' most visited town. The grass was as vivid and green as it ever was before. The flowers were bright and very colorful. Rainbow Dash was able to see Fluttershy’s house from where she was. Dash smiled as she saw all of her friend’s pets scamper and play around her cottage. A small, warm spring breeze caressed the cyan pony’s mane. She took a deep breath and took it all in.
“Gee,” Rainbow Dash began to think out loud again, “I wish Fluttershy was here with me. My reaction to all this would probably be priceless to her.” She could just see it now, in a simple daydream. Her and the yellow pegasus together on the cloud, her dear friend would show her all of the flawlessness that Ponyville had to offer in the springtime.
“Look!” Fluttershy would begin to say, “There’s my cottage! And all my animal friends! Look at them as they play without a care in the world!”
“Wow!” Rainbow would reply, “That’s so... awesome.” Dash would’ve never said anything like that when it came to nature. But this time it would have been different. She would not have helped but to use words like “awesome” and “cool” to describe all the overwhelming glamour of her friends’ hometown.
“And look!” the cyan pony’s friend began again, “There’s downtown Ponyville! And Cloudsdale!” “It’s like you can see all of Equestria just from this little cloud!” Rainbow almost interrupted her.
“I know. Isn’t it amazing?”
“Yeah. So cool...”
They sat in silence for a few minutes, overlooking Ponyville. The little spring wind continued to soothe the two winged friends. Rainbow Dash was just about to accidentally fall asleep, when suddenly, Fluttershy said, “You know what all this needs now?”
Dash snapped herself awake. “What?”
“A Rainbow. A big, bright, beautiful rainbow. The biggest one anypony can make.” Of course Fluttershy was talking about Dash. She was the only pony in all of Equestria that can make a rainbow without the help of any factories, unlike any pegasus in Cloudsdale.
“The biggest one I can make, huh?”
“Oh yes! I’m talking huge! Ginormous! Humongous! Big enough for Princess Celestia to see from her castle!” Fluttershy almost softly yelled with the biggest smile you would ever see on her face.
Rainbow thought about it. Finally, she replied, “The biggest rainbow I can make can be done through a Sonic Rainboom.”
“Oh.” The yellow pony’s smile began to fall and she started to become ashamed. She felt so greedy about asking her dear friend about doing a deed so risky and ridiculous. She forgot that Rainbow Dash had to perform the legendary Sonic Rainboom in order to have her desire granted.
“Don’t be sad!” Dash began, “If you really want me to do the Rainboom, I’ll do it!”
“Really?” The baby-pink haired pegasus questioned, with a tiny bit of joy and hope leftover from just a few seconds before.
“Really! Fluttershy, you’re one of my best friends. I’d never leave you hanging!”
Fluttershy hugged Dash, “Oh thank you! I can’t wait to see everypony’s face when they see your rainbow! It’ll really feel like spring!”
That’s when Rainbow Dash woke up.
She must’ve dreamt the whole thing. She looked to her right. Fluttershy wasn’t there. She looked down. There was Fluttershy, feeding all her animals their lunches. Dash lied back down on the cloud. A Sonic Rainboom, the cyan pegasus thought, A Sonic Rainboom... You know what? I don’t care if I dreamt the whole thing or not, I’m gonna do a Sonic Rainboom! Then it’ll really be spring in Equestria! Maybe the Wonderbolts will see me and let in the team! Thinking about about the exclusive flying team alone was enough of motive the rainbow pony. Kicking the cloud she spent an hour lying on, Rainbow Dash flew down to Ponyville and announced that she was going to do the legendary Rainboom for a fourth time.