• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 5,607 Views, 29 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Rainbow Rocks - MaggiesHeartLove

  • ...
12
 29
 5,607

Dirty Tricks

Dirty Tricks

That afternoon, the girls were rehearsing at the stadium where the contest would be held. While the others were readying their instruments, Twilight was sitting down, once again, trying to figure out the counter spell. Korra meanwhile, was standing beside a cross-legged Sunset Shimmer, who was trying to meditate to calm her nerves. So far, she was doing okay. Until she saw the image of her monstrous self. She immediately opened her eyes and gasped. It seemed this nightmare would never end. Korra squatted beside her, she knew this sensation far too well.

"You did good." she said kindly.

"What's the point? I'm never going to get control of these powers. I just…I can't seem to let go."

"It takes time."

"Well, I don't want to take time, I want it to be gone!"

Korra was taken aback by this. So this was how it felt like for Leilani? Poor Sunset was internally suffering and no matter how hard or how many tactics Korra showed her, in the end, it really was Sunset who needed to take the first step. The Avatar sighed.

"Sunset, I've given you all the advice I could think of and I've showed you the best methods I know. But, I realize now that I can only help you get so far. Maybe now the rest is up to you."

"How? How can I do that if I can't control it?"

"You can't control it because you're scared. You're linking your new abilities to something that happened in the past. It's over, you are not what you used to be, and that's a good thing."

"Is this how you felt about what happened to you?"

Korra was silent for a few seconds before responding with a saddened look, "I didn't really think of it. I just wanted to get thought it so Twilight wouldn't feel like she was alone."

Sunset slightly chuckled, "Guess it's easier to give advice than to follow what you say, hu?"

Korra lightly chuckled, "Yeah."

"You know, I really admire you Korra. Even thought it's hard, you're still doing your best to manage your situation. I wish I was half as strong as you."

Sunset turned her gaze downward and Korra nudged her shoulder, "Hey, one of the many things I learned from Twilight, is that if you put your mind to it, you realize you're stronger than you think."

A warm happy feeling came into Sunset. Korra was a real true friend, one she was lucky to have. Applejack walked up to them both, smiling. "Ya know, Sunset, you could have told us what was going on with you." she said calmly as the others all looked over at Sunset with sympathy, even Rainbow.

"I didn't think you'd understand."

"We could have tried." said Rarity, "One thing you should never be afraid of darling, is letting your friends know if something is bothering you. We may not have all the answers, but we still care enough to help you."

Sunset got up and smiled shyly at her friends, "Thanks you guys."

As much as Rainbow Dash loved that they were helping Sunset, she knew they still had a mission to finish. "As great as this moment is, we still need to rehears." The group agreed and the girls got their instruments while Sunset monitored the speakers and microphones. "Check, one, two. Testing, testing…" Rainbow tapped her microphone but her voice was barely heard. Sunset slipped the switch which on one of the controls.

"Testing…!"

However, while Rainbow's voice was now heard, it was a bit too loud and her voice echoed by the microphone's feedback, causing the girls the need to cover their ears. Sunset fixed the problem by lowering the switch and smiled nervously in apology.

Korra wiggled her finger in her ear before speaking, "Before we get started, I'm gonna go get myself a drink. You guys want anything?"

Twilight rose her hand, "Get me a fruit punch?"

"You got it." Korra said with a wink before turning to Applejack, "Spare me some change?" A.J. handed Korra 70 cents. "Thanks! BRB." the Avatar quickly ran off the stage and to the nearest soda machine to get hydrated.

"Thank goodness the Principals overlooked Korra and Sunset firebending." said Fluttershy.

Twilight arched an eyebrow suspiciously, "Yeah. Only, doesn't anybody else think it's strange the way they ignored it so easily?"

"Very strange."

All eyes turned when they saw Trixie approach them along with her two bandmates, standing in the opposite direction from where Korra had recently left.

"What are you doing here, Trixie?" Rainbow asked, "Pretty sure the losers are supposed to be up there in the cheap seats."

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is the most talented girl at Canterlot High. It is I who deserves to be in the finals. And I will not be denied!" with a snap of her fingers, Trixie's lackeys pulled a lever and a stage door opened up from underneath the Rainbooms, causing them all to scream as they fell. Spike jumped out from behind the large speakers, sinking his teeth into a doggy toy, until he witnessed what happened. Trixie laughed wickedly as the stage door closed shut, leaving the Rainbooms trapped inside.

"See you never!"

Spike immediately ran from the scene to find help, meanwhile The Dazzlings witnessed the whole thing. Adagio chuckled,

"Told you someone would give them a shove."

"She didn't shove them. She pulled a lever."

Aria groaned,"Go back to sleep, Sonata."

Adagio face palmed herself, until she saw another member of the Rainbooms approaching the stage, holding two bottles of fruit punch. But instead of getting angry, Adagio smirked.

"This should be fun."

(~)

Korra stopped on her tracks when she saw Spike running towards her. "Korra!"

"Spike? What's wrong?"

"It's Trixie! She trapped the Rainbooms!"

"What?! Show me!" Korra tossed away her drinks and followed the dog back onto the stage. Once there she looked down at the floor. "Where are they?" she asked. From down bellow her feet, Korra heard the sounds of her friends, crying out for help. She could even hear what sounded like flames crackling, no doubt Twilight was trying to break them free with her firebending. "Take it easy, I'll get you out in a sec."

Spike pointed with his paw the leaver Trixie used to trap the girls and Korra began using her strength to pull it. But before she could, a voice interrupted her.

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you."

Here she was. Face to face, once again with the Sirens. Korra stepped away from the lever for a short moment and glared at her foes. "Who's going to stop me?" she said bravely.

Adagio maintained her wicked smile as she spoke to the Avatar. "No need for anymore games. We know exactly what you are. How you came into this world is of no concern to us."

"If you know what I am, then you know exactly what I am capable of." Korra said threateningly.

Adagio remained as smug as ever. "Actually, you don't know what we are capable of."

That was it, she no longer cared if she got in trouble for this or not. This monster needed to be taught a lesson. Korra leaped forward, her hand clenched into a fist as she hurled it at Adagio. However, to her surprise, Adagio managed to dodge the attack and hurled an unexpected fire attack at Korra which threw her across the stage.

Fire?...How was Adagio able to…

Korra looked up, seeing the single brightly colored yellow flame in her palm. She connected the dots. "You…you have bending? How?"

It was strange to realize that the sirens could bend. How in the heck would the Lion Turtles have granted them these powers to begin with? Even they wouldn't be foolish enough to do that. Adagio smirked at Korra's shocked face. "Surprised? You should be. Trixie already had her fun, now it's our turn."

Korra grunted as she stood up, the red pendents around the Dazzlings shimmering. "Do what you want with me, but let my friends go!"

"I'm afraid we can't do that."

What did she mean by that? Suddenly, it became clear. The Principals allowing them into the finals, Trixie. Everything was coming together.

"You…You planed this all along. You wanted us to get into the finals!"

"Oh, smarter than she looks." Adagio taunted.

"Why? What could you possibly want with…" the answer hit her like a tidal wave, "Our magic…you were trying to get to our magic!"

"Actually, it was more their magic we wanted." Korra looked at Adagio in confusion as the sirens began walking around her, the same way she did to Sunset Shimmer. "Don't get me wrong, sweetheart. You obviously have some powerful magic inside of you as well." Adagio continued, Aria and Sonata walking around her as she did. "Every time you opened your big mouth, every time you sang your pretty little tune, all eyes and ears were on you. You were breaking our spell, and in all honesty, that is something we just can't have." Korra kept her stance, ready to attack when necessary. "You're just like Wan. Always sticking up for everyone else, never backing down from a fight even when deep down you know you're scared. You were the rock that kept the Rainbooms from falling apart. You have no idea just how powerful you truly are. That is why you need to be taken care of."

"Why bother telling me all of this if you're so confident you'll succeed?"

"Because you won't be around long enough to tell anyone." a flame appeared on Adagio's hand and with a powerful yell, she hurled it directly at Korra. But the Avatar dodged the attack, grabbed Adagio's wrist and flipped her over, landing on her back with a grunt. Aria and Sonata simply stood there, both equally impressed by Korra's raw power.

"Don't just stand there! Get her!"

At Adagio's command, Aria stomped her foot, rising up a chunk of earth from the grassy side of the lines of chairs. Korra only countered the attack by unleashing a powerful airblast that threw the rock away, causing both Aria and Sonata to fly right off the stage, landing on the ground. Korra maintained her stance, panting all the while.

"Looks like you guys have been out of the game way longer than I have." Korra taunted.

Adagio grunted as she stood up. "Those idiots. You want something done, you gotta do it yourself!"

With fire in hand, Adagio ran towards Korra but the Avatar immediately dodged the attack. From down bellow, the others could hear the commotion. They couldn't believe the Dazzlings could bend as well. Twilight's hands were shaking, she knew Korra had not been able to fight much like herself for a long time, and whenever she did, she would be haunted by visions of Zaheer. So far, it sounded like she was getting the upper hand. But how long would it last?

Korra managed to stay ahead of the Dazzlings. Aria attempted to hurl an earth chunk at Korra once again. But, also again, Korra flipped over, avoiding it. She was really acting more defensive than offensive. She knew if she went too far, she would be pledged by visions of Zaheer. In the past, It happened whenever she was attempting to attack back at full force. She hatted needed to play it safe, but in this case it did seem like the right way to go. She did manage to hurl fire and air blasts at the girls. Only Adagio and Aria were fighting, but they had not fought on so long that, compared to Korra, they were no competition.

The fight continued until they reached backstage. Korra was far more agile than the Dazzlings while Sonata, who really didn't like physical fighting all that much, remained on the sidelines watching in shock as her fellow sirens fought the girl. Adagio grunted as she unleashed another fireblast, for which Korra once again reflected with an air attack. Even their attacks were mediocre and out of date.

"Why don't you attack?!" Adagio said in anger.

Korra smirked, "Well, I don't want to hurt you, old timer."

Adagio gasped in shock at her remark! Sonata also gasped, "Oh, no she didn't!" she said while swaying her head from side to side and waging her finger.

In a fit of rage, Adagio hurled a huge blast of fire at Korra, but she once again flipped over and avoided it before knocking the two sirens down with yet another fire blast. These attacks were getting pretty repetitive. Sonata was their last hope. She saw a bucket of water nearby and began moving her arms and hurled a glob of water at Korra….which quickly diminished before it could even make contact.

Korra arched an eyebrow, "Seriously?"

Sonata simply shrugged, "Eh, I was never that good anyway."

While Korra was distracted, Aria bended a chunk of earth from behind her, which pushed the Avatar ahead into a utility closet and the brooms and mops all collapsed under her. Adagio rushed over and closed the door, sealing Korra inside. Korra had hit her head during the impact and fell unconscious. Using her fire, Adagio sealed the door by melting the corners.

Adagio's hair was a mess and so was Aria's. Their cloths were somewhat torn due to being thrown all around by Korra. But now, now she was stuck.

"That girl…is nuts." Aria said in between breaths.

"No kidding." Adagio said, also in between breaths.

"You know she won't be out for long."

"No. Just long enough."

(~)

Author's Note:

I hope that was okay. The action scene was fun to write. Hopefully it will get better next time.