• Published 29th Nov 2014
  • 781 Views, 138 Comments

Equestria: The Hunger Games - Shukawarioserfi



In a Post-Apocalyptic Equestria, ponies fight to the death in this crossover of the hunger games.

  • ...
24
 138
 781

Evaluations: Moonlight Mist's POV

"Wake up."

"Huh?" I say, opening my eyes and rubbing them with my hooves to see who it is. It's a brown unicorn with a black mane. Tacitus, who traveled here with me from District 6.

"Training's hard." Says Tacitus, the other tribute from my district. "But we can't sleep the day off, evaluations are today." My eyes open wide.

"Today?" I exclaim, before lifting my head up and running out of bed. Let's see, a couple days of training, pathetic failure and being laughed at by my peers; I guess it's now time to get humiliated in front of the rest of the Capitol. This makes no sense to me. I get dressed quickly, as if I'm not just speeding up my execution.

"You just got dressed in front of me." Tacitus blushes. I raise an eyebrow and give an annoyed response.

"Really?" I complain. "I've been naked most of the time around you anyway." He shrugs.

"What is that, really?" He looks at me quizzically. What this is that I'm wearing, it's a distraction. Something from the makeup department. A warriors outfit, an uncomfortable suit of fur and leather. Maybe some ponies will be naive enough to give me a good score if I look like a deranged killer.

"Oh, it's just something I whipped up for the judges." I smirk.

"You'd be better off naked." He chuckles. I fight the urge to hit him. Instead I give a guttural yell and throw my iron helmet across the room. "Evaluations are not for hours, you don't want to wear that all day anyway."

"Don't tell me what I want." I grin before making my way down the stairs, before realizing that the sun is barely poking through the corridor windows. I give Tacitus an angry look as he follows behind me. "Why does it look like President Discord just raised the sun a few minutes ago?"

"Because it's 6:00." Tacitus says, unfazed. I sigh.

"I need coffee." I say, suddenly becoming tired now that I knew how early it was.

"Evaluations are at 11:00." Tacitus says "You really should thank me for waking you up to get a few more hours of training."

"Who made Coffee?" I say, looking to the coffee trough that's now filled with coffee. I find it hard to stop myself from stuffing myself headfirst in the burning brew. I remember again of it's mysterious appearance, and then the thought of it maybe being poisoned, makes me hesitate.

I turn in shock as I hear footsteps. Another brown pony, an earth pony with an Orange Mane walks in. It's just our mentor Cannon Fire. He smiles.

"You know I was going to wake you up but Tacitus beat you too it." He laughs, before taking a cup full of coffee with his mouth and setting it on the table. "Have some..." Before he could finish his sentence, Tacitus interrupts him.

"There's an interesting fact about Equestrian history that not many ponies know, Princess Celestia used to raise the sun and Princess Luna the moon, before the great war." He boasts. Cannon Fire puts a hoof to his face in frustration.

"Moonlight, get some coffee." He orders. "Tacitus, shut up." Tacitus nods disappointedly.

I quickly make my way to the mini coffee trough in our kitchen and use a spell to quickly find the tallest glass in the cabinet, and fill it gluttonously. "Honey?" I say, looking to Cannon Fire.

"What do you want sweetie?" Cannon Fire says lovingly. I glare at him.

"I mean do you have any honey?" I say, trying to put on and angry expression while holding my laughter. He nods.

"There's raw honey to your left." He winks. I levitate the honey into my coffee and guzzle it down, letting drops of coffee trickle down my muzzle.

"Moonlight let's go." Tacitus says, already by the door. I gulp down the rest of my coffee and give a hearty burp, one that would make my father proud. I run to the door before quickly stopping.

"And to be clear we are not going to hear one of your boring lectures on Equestrian History on the way there." I look at him, sealing my words.

"Done." He ponders for a moment. "What about old Equestrian Philosophy?"

"Say nothing." I smile. I make my way slowly to the training room which to my surprise is actually empty at this hour. "I guess waking up at 6:00 does pay off."

"Guess so." Tacitus stops and looks up to the window, onlookers are already present eating breakfast above us. "Whoa, do you see that?" He points. "They're already here."

I freeze and shiver in the corner. "I-I don't think I can do this." Tacitus kneels beside me and tries his best to comfort me as I have my panic attack.

"What if they watch you take me out?" He whispers. I shake my head.

"What?" I shake my head. "I can't do that."

"Come on." He smiles. "I got a big head, I could use a concussion." He looks around the room before spotting a metal pole. He points to it. "That right there... would be perfect. If they see you knock me unconscious, it will boost your score."

"I can't." I try to keep myself from crying. Tacitus shakes his head.

"Stand Tall." He puts his hooves on me and lifts me up, then before I know it, he starts to levitate the metal pole towards his body. The pole smacks him clean on the side of the head. He knocked himself unconscious. I gasp. The onlookers are staring at me. Before I can assess the situation, I give my best fake tough mare expression and yell.

"Yeah I hit him!" I say unintelligently. "And I'll do the same to the rest of them! They'll all be dead!" What is wrong with me. He did this to himself... why would I say something like that? Please, please, be worth it.

-------------------------

I take a glimpse at the scores later that evening.

Arctic Blast: 9 Columbine Flucie: 4
Hurricane Bash: 6 Prism: 7
LawWing: 7 Swifty Sketch: 5
Plum Rose: 5 Lightning Bolt: 8
Starlight Comet: 7 Coconut Swirl: 6
Tacitus: 3 Moonlight Mist: 10
Tragic Focus: 7 Monotone: 6
Midnight Dreams: 9 Sonic Aura: 7
Ill Omen: 9 Posetem Weave: 7
Cyclone: 10 Blue Ice: 9
Shift: 7 Chitter: 4
Selune Darkeye: 11 Anvil Strike: 7

I got a 10/12...