• Published 29th Nov 2014
  • 774 Views, 138 Comments

Equestria: The Hunger Games - Shukawarioserfi



In a Post-Apocalyptic Equestria, ponies fight to the death in this crossover of the hunger games.

  • ...
24
 138
 774

Training: Ill Omen's POV

I get out of bed. I'm escorted to the training room, my view shifts to the numerous weapons and targets around the room. I wouldn't be able to hit a lot of these from even a couple feet away.

"Welcome, I'll be your trainer." Says a bat pony unicorn, glaring at the tributes. "While you're in here the next few days you'll be able to hone your skills before evaluations. Do your best not to kill eachother before the games begin." My fellow district 9 tribute Posetem Weave gives me a psychotic smile from across the room. Yeah she's totally going to wait to kill me. "I'm Crescent-Blade Nocturnis." He says, twirling a sword with his magic. "As you may recall I won the games last year."

He's awfully young to be our trainer. Probably a year younger than me, Crescent-Blade Nocturnis from District 2 won the games with his skill in combat magic. Considering I'm a Unicorn, I hope to master my magic to help me win the games. I remember watching the games last year, and how he never shied away from combat. He killed almost everypony, and he never ran from trouble. He looked for it.

Crescent-Blade stares intensely at the largest tribute in the room, Cyclone. He smiles and looks up at him. "You think you're so strong because you're so big?" He shakes his head nervously.

"No sir." And this griffin was quite big. He was easily twice as tall as our trainer, and yet still refuses to disrespect him.

"And you, why are you smiling?" The trainer glares at Posetem Weave.

"Because I get to die in a few days." Half of the tributes burst into laughter. I refuse to laugh with the others. I suppose it's nice to have a positive view of your imminent death, but I can't seem to have one.

"Okay Smartasses, you're on your own tonight. Use any weapons at your disposal." I nod and run behind a brick wall, immediately it's broken by somepony. I teleport immediately to avoid the impact, I look to see who it was and it's Cyclone breathing through his nostrils.

"Big... and strong." He stares quizzically before looking behind him. "How did? You get over there?"

"Teleportation." I grin.

"No, we're over here." I look back to the brick wall, revealing two perfect copies of myself. Chitter and Shift laugh before returning to their normal forms. Changelings... they make me sick. A white pegasus with a red yellow and blue mane quickly flies in front of me.

"Teleportation huh?" She smiles. "That's pretty cool."

"Ill Omen."

"I'm Prism." She pauses. "How far can you teleport?" She asks. I really can't teleport more than 100 feet, but I feel like it's necessary to stretch the truth a little bit.

"Up to 50 miles." I say grinning. Really my short range teleportation skills are quite good, but considering my range is very limited it's not as impressive to me.

"So..." Prism says smiling, nervously dragging her hoof across the ground trying to think of what to say. "I can do this." I watch Prism in awe as she gears up to fly and rockets through the air speed and agility courses in about 14 seconds, before bracing herself and landing back on the ground in front of me.

I raise an eyebrow. "I guess flying as far as you can away from potential murderers is the way to go." I smirk.

Prism laughs quietly. "I guess so."

I wonder for a moment. Prism's going to be tough... unless she tires out from flying fast all the time, but I highly doubt that. She seems like a well conditioned mare. Prism speaks up again.

"Are you done trying to think of how you're going to beat me." She says, with a white hot smirk on her face.

"Don't try to think of how you're going to beat me either... it's next to impossible." I quickly teleport behind her and yell. "Stabbed you in the back." She flinches and then laughs. Then after she shivers nervously she decides to leave my presence without a response. It was fun toying with her.

After a few good minutes of weapons training by myself I see Anvil Strike wrestle Columbine Flucie to the ground. "You're disgusting." Anvil Strike snarls, getting off of her.

"A little beat around the bush never hurt nopony." Columbine Flucie says, getting up and shaking her plot.

"WHORE!" Anvil Strike yells. "You're going to let you and your unborn foal get slaughtered in the games."

"What do I have to live for!" She calls out, crying.

"You're playing the sympathy card." Anvil Strike. "Nooo I want to die. Kill me and you'll fulfill my wishes. Make them feel bad about your mental state, and killing an unborn foal."

"Have you ever had an abortion Anvil?" Columbine says mockingly. "Oh no, you can't because you don't have a fucking uterus!"

"Oh yeah... if this has happened before, why didn't you get an abortion before the games?" Anvil questions.

Columbine shook her head. "I was going to, but then I got chosen. It's as simple as that."

Listening to the tributes argue, I wonder what the game officials will think of her being pregnant? Will she have a shot at getting replaced? I don't know... as obscene as these games are, I don't think they would let somepony get slaughtered while being pregnant with a foal. Even if she didn't want it. Sadly, I don't think I would feel bad about killing her.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the wait, writers block and soforth. I'm sorry for those who I've made wait. I still don't feel like this chapter is one of my best work. If anyone wants to help me edit this, speak up or PM me. I actually do not have an editor for any of my stories. Needless to say, if you have any suggestions as to what you want to see in the story just let me know.