• Published 25th Nov 2014
  • 4,548 Views, 365 Comments

BPT: A Midnight Stroll through Time - Wolven5



Through happenstance, or perhaps fate, Midnight Blaze's little experiment whirls him into a jounrey through the very history of Equestria!

  • ...
 365
 4,548

PreviousChapters Next
37. Fish Taled Miracles - Part 5

Six months had passed since Midnight first arrived in Horseshoe Shores and now he felt positively bloated. He was in his room, looking at the mirror, and frowning at his increasing girth.
I’m a fat freak… He was halfway through his pregnancy and shuddered of how much longer he had left.

Lately, Midnight had been thinking more and more, especially after he began feeling is foal moving around inside his belly. It had been a little disturbing at first but then he started having really weird thoughts and feelings, such as how he began to like his foal’s movements inside him. The guilty pleasure of a little pony inside his body, and a warm feeling of having a little one safe with him, shielded from the dangers and hardships of the world it would soon experience.

However, the flatulence and pissing accidents and back pains were becoming especially tiresome. Thankfully, the local doctor had remedies to make it easier, although he’d been a little ragged helping Rip.

Rip was massive and it looked as though he was due to foal any day now.

After a relaxing leisure of fishing, Midnight started making his way back home. He hadn’t taken the Codger out, rather preferring the simpler taking a rod and bucket. Fisher-ponies of this era used sticks and specially-prepared twine as their fishing lines, and got fishing hooks from the local smiths or made them from scratch.

Midnight had managed to catch a couple fish, and as soon as he’d reeled them in, they’d taken a one-way trip down his gullet. Eating them raw (and alive) no longer fazed him anymore. The cravings had dulled his repugnance and he was beginning to accept his lunar pony tastes for meat.

Not to mention, Midnight ate his catches like a dolphin – headfirst with a mighty swallow. It was honestly really appealing, feeling them flip about a bit in his stomach before they expired, and he knew his foal appreciated the fish as much as he did, as he lifted his tail and farted out some tension.

Midnight had spent a lot of time fishing by himself after he and Rip had stopped going out in the boat to haul bigger catches. He’d taken these times to think.

Midnight was honestly starting to feel a fondness for the foal growing inside him but he also considered Twilight. He hoped, Faust willing, she wouldn’t hold it against him for having a foal with another pony.

It wasn’t his fault, really!

But there was a depressing thought Midnight had, that his first child would not be with Twilight. He’d grown quite resentful of Sea Spray for doing this to him, especially after he explained to her that his heart was spoken for. That seapony had disregarded his feelings and done something so selfish and immature Midnight had no sympathies for whatever became of her. If a loveless marriage made entirely for politics would make Sea Spray miserable for the rest of her life, Midnight hoped it would be a long one.

Maybe it was petty to think that, but it was pettiness that had saddled Midnight with this situation.

Then, as he neared home, Midnight’s keen hearing detected the sound of something shattering.
“Rip?!”

He hurried to the door and gasped to see Rip, groaning as he struggled to stand, a puddle of liquid around his hooves along with the shattered remains of a plate. A quick sniff helped Midnight determine it wasn’t urine.

“Rip, did- Did your water jus break?!”

“Midnight…!” Rip groaned as he clenched an eye shut and looked at Midnight with the other, “Get the anchors outta yer pants and help me!”

“Whaddoo I do?! I don’t know nuthin’ about birthin no baby!” Midnight had no idea where the accent came from but it made him sound like he came from Appleloosa.

“JUST GO AN’ GET THE DOC!!!” Rip screamed as he struggled onto the couch, Midnight flinching but obeying.


Midnight got the local doctor, Doctor Ocean Heart, to the house and she instructed Midnight to help her. While she helped Rip with his contractions using acupressure, she had Midnight get warm water, towels, and pillows. All the while, Rip groaned and actually cried a little from the pain.

Then it started getting serious as a seam appeared on Rip’s belly. Midnight learned from Rip that stallions pregnant with a seapony foal have a pouch developed by the magic of the conception to hold the baby to term. Once the term was up, a seam opens on their belly to birth the foal and once it was done the seam would seal itself back up, leaving a minor scar that would eventually fade.

“Alright, Rip, you can do it!” Ocean Heart assured him in a calming tone. “Deep breath… and… push!”

Rip groaned and clenched his teeth as he flexed his stomach muscles, trying to constrict the pouch and help his foal out.
“I… can’t… do it!”

“C’mon, Rip! Your foal wants to meet his dad!” Midnight came over and held his friend’s hoof. “Don’t keep him waiting any longer, push!”

“It hurts…!” Rip screamed as he did it again.

“One more big push!” Midnight encouraged, Ocean Heart announcing, “I can see the head!”

“You have no idea what I’m going through!” Rip snapped at Midnight, who shied a bit with an uneasy smile, which turned to concern as Rip let out his biggest scream yet!

And but a few moments later, it was joined by the squalling cries of a baby, Rip gasping as the pain faded away and Ocean Heart smiling as she held the little one in her hooves.
“Congratulations, Riptide. Meet your son.”

Rip was speechless as he watched Ocean Heart clean the crying colt up a little before wrapping him snugly in a blanket and held him up so that his father could see the colt’s face. Rip held out his hooves and Ocean heart placed the fussing foal into them. Rip and Midnight gently pulled the blanket out of the way for a better look at the colt. He was a tiny little pegasus with his father’s bay red coat but had a sandy gold mane and grayish-blue eyes that regarded the two faces above him.

Rip smiled, tears welling up in his face as he chuckled a little, “H-hello, little one! I’m yer dad, and you’re my son!”

The baby colt cooed as he calmed down and looked into his father’s face, Rip hugging him close, gently rubbing his son’s forehead to his cheek.

Midnight was speechless, filled with a warm sense of wonder at what he had witnessed, was still witnessing. This pony whom he had grown to love like a brother had given birth to a son, and loved him every bit as much as a mother could.

“Name?”

The moment was cut short by Ocean Heart, who carried a form and quil.

“Oh! Right, that,” Rip chuckled before looking into his son’s eyes again and answering, “Tidal, just Tidal.”

“‘Tidal’…” Ocean Heart wrote before checking a pocket watch she had with her, “time of birth… 4: 26 p.m. Well, Riptide, we’ll just do the routine check-up and then we can wrap this up.”


Later, the sun began to set and Midnight was regarding Rip as he held little Tidal who was napping in his arms, resting in his chair, a blanket on his lap. Midnight had never seen a stallion look so happy when Rip chuckled in a quiet voice, “Now I know why mares always make birthin’ foals such a big deal… That was real agony, Midnight! But… t’were worth it a hundred times over.”

Midnight looked down at his belly, feeling his foal move a little, and sighed, as he felt at a loss.

“I take it yer havin’ second thoughts, mate,” Rip presumed.

“Yeah, I’ve… been reconsidering this foal,” Midnight answered. “Rip, when I saw the look on your face when you first laid eyes on your son, I… wonder if that’s the same look I’ll have when I see this foal for the first time. But… Rip, this foal wasn’t conceived in love, it was conceived out of selfishness, and it was not with the mare I love! All I know is, when the time comes that I leave… I’m not sure if I’ll be able to say goodbye to this foal inside me.”

“Midnight,” Rip spoke firmly but kindly, “I realize your conflicted by what yer feelin’ towards tha’ foal in yer belly and the love ya have fer tha’ mare waitin’ for ya to come home, but lemme tell you – My son was born but a few hours ago, and he means more t’ me than anything in this world! If yer foal means half that much to ye, why don’ cha just take it with you?”

“I’m… just unsure of what to do,” Midnight confessed before a thought crossed his mind. “But maybe after this foal is born, and… I have my full magic back, I can get help from the princess.”

With that decided, Midnight placed both hooves on his belly, slowly cracking a smile, feeling glad, for the first time, he was going to be a father. Then he cracked, “I just hope Twilight will let me explain and not take away my family jewels!”

Rip chuckled in response and replied, “If she’s the mare ya’v told me so much about, I’m sure she will, me bucko.”

PreviousChapters Next