• Published 31st Dec 2014
  • 658 Views, 12 Comments

My Encounter With Lyra - BronyGuardian200



I have always been a fan of Lyra Heartstrings. One day, I find her: abandoned in the streets.

  • ...
2
 12
 658

6. The Gift

Christmas came very quickly. Thankfully, we haven't had any more police visits. I had no idea what to get for Lyra. I had one thing for her but I didn't what else to get her. One day, my mind struck gold. I knew exactly what to get her. I didn't know if she knew what to get me. I'm sure that she'll know. Even if she doesn't, I'll still enjoy what she gets for me.

Instead of saying Merry Christmas, I said Happy Hearth's Warming Eve.

It seemed better. One thing that I tried to avoid was mistletoe. I always thought that it was a little weird. Lyra loved the idea. One time, she played a trick on me by putting mistletoe over my head. She then stood under next to me. When looked up, I panicked and she busted out laughing. I was not too amused. I was too old to believe in Santa Claus but Equestria was very different. They had Santa Whooves there and he was actually real. He was an alicorn so he lived longer.

"Your world sounds so much better than this world." I said to her.

"Oh come on. Your world must be full of love and excitement." She replied.

I frowned.

"No. It's not. Things have gotten terrible. There's terrorism, murdering, and hatred. Things get worse every day. Your world is full of love and peace." I said.

She was devastated.

I wish that I could go to her world. Christmas Day finally came and I was definitely happy. Lyra opened her first present. It was an anthropology guide. She loved it. Most of her gifts were human books because she loves studying about humans. My gifts were good too. They were video games, movie, and books. Lyra had one last gift under the tree. It was a medium sized one. I knew that she would love it. She ripped it open and her eyes filled with tears of joy. It was a lyre with her named engraved in it. She jumped on top of me and gave me a huge hug. I knew she would like it. I told her to try it out. She played the lyre softly. It sounded beautiful. It was the best Christmas that I've had in years. For some reason, I felt like our time is running out. I felt like I was living in My Little Dashie, except it was Lyra. Like in the video, Lyra would be taken away somehow. I never want that to happen. Never...

Author's Note:

I hope you liked this chapter. I found it sweet and heart warming.