• Published 31st Dec 2014
  • 658 Views, 12 Comments

My Encounter With Lyra - BronyGuardian200



I have always been a fan of Lyra Heartstrings. One day, I find her: abandoned in the streets.

  • ...
2
 12
 658

4. Going Outside

I woke up from my dream. I was sweating A LOT. I think I made a puddle of sweat. I looked over but didn't see Lyra. It was a dream, there was no Lyra after all. I became terribly sad at that moment. I walked into the living and saw Lyra. She was making breakfast. My jaw dropped. I should be making breakfast for her. She's my guest after all.

She looked at me and said: "Oh. Good morning."

She beamed at me.

"I heard you struggling in bed, so I decided to make some breakfast." She said to me.

She put down a plate of pancakes on the table. My eyes enlarged. I had never seen pancakes like these.

"You've probably never seen pancakes like these before." She said.

"No. I haven't." I replied.

She nodded towards the pancakes.

"Oh. Right." I said.

I took a fork and knife. I cut a piece off of the pancakes. I ate it and my taste buds were filled with joy. I made the biggest smile that I've ever made.


"They're delicious." I said. "What did you put in them?" I asked.

Lyra smiled.

"It's confidential." She said.

I shrugged my shoulders, sat down, and continued to eat the pancakes. Best breakfast ever. I decided that I was going to go for a walk. Lyra wanted to come with me but I told her that people would give her strange looks. The look that she gave me almost broke my heart. I then allowed her to come with me. I opened the door for her and she walked out. We went into town and I showed her the different attractions there. People kept giving me strange and grim looks. I tried to ignore them but it was very hard. One person growled at me when I walked by him.

I turned to him and said: "Be quiet and mind your own business. She special, deal with it."

The man never responded. We finally reached the edge of town and decided to walk back to my house. The walk back felt like it took hours. When we got back, I sat on my couch. Lyra looked at me with a concerned look.

"Are you OK?" She asked.

I looked up.

"Yeah... I'm fine. I'm just... sad." I replied.

She asked me why.

I told her that my parents had died and that I'm all alone.

She sat down next to me and said: "You are not alone. I'm here. You have me. Your parents are still with you. In your heart."

She leaned close to me and kissed me on the cheek. My eyes widened and I looked at her. She put her head down.

"Oh... I'm s-sorry." She said.

"It-it's OK." I said. "It made me feel better."

We sat there for the rest of the day, watching cartoons. I don't know what had happened. My entire mind went blank. I didn't what I was going to do tomorrow. Only time will tell...

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Sorry if you guys thought that something would between Lyra and I. This story is not written for that. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.