• Published 25th Nov 2014
  • 1,807 Views, 19 Comments

Being You - bahatumay



Applejack and Rainbow Dash decide to settle a bet about who works harder by recruiting changelings to imponyate each other.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,807

Results

The walk back to the farmhouse was conducted in reflective silence.

“Do ponies really ask you for favors?” Rainbow asked suddenly.

Applejack shrugged. “Yeah, every once in a while. I don't mind.” She paused. “Do they really throw boots at you?”

“Only when I nap in the wrong places. Flowerbeds, graveyard headstones, and rooftops seem to be pretty bad. Especially when I accidentally set up shop outside someone’s bathroom.”

Applejack cracked a smile. “You've got it rough,” she said with a grin.

“Yeah,” Rainbow said, “but it could be worse. I could be you.”

Applejack turned and scowled.

“No, not like that,” Rainbow said quickly. “I had to teach Changelingjack how to applebuck this morning, and my hooves are still sore.”

Applejack shrugged. “Yeah, well, I've been doing it for forever. You know, I had to look up weather patterns for Changeling Dash. You really keep them all memorized?”

“I’ve been doing it for so long, it's more instinctive now than anything,” Rainbow shrugged.

They continued walking.

“You know, I’m glad we did this,” Applejack said. “I got to know you a little bit better, and maybe… maybe you ain't as thick-headed as I thought you were.”

Rainbow’s ears flicked up. “Ooh, Applejack, is that a compliment?”

Applejack blushed slightly. “Maybe,” she said.

Rainbow grinned, but then became serious again. “Yeah,” she agreed. “You’re pretty cool, too, AJ. There’s a lot more to you than most ponies know.”

“Thanks.”

There was a pause.

“I wouldn’t mind, you know, getting to know you a bit better,” Applejack said hesitantly. “You’re stayin’ for dinner, right?”

Rainbow grinned. “You know, I was hoping you’d ask.”

Comments ( 9 )

It was nice but very short.
all this chapter could be in one and there wouldn't be any loss of quality

I'm trying to think of things to say other than that I continue to love your dialogue more than the dialogue of literally any other writer on this site.

If I had anything else to say, I guess it's that I wish you were a little more careful about pacing and description (and, in the case of other fics, finishing things) so that I could add your stories to my top faves. :ajsmug:

Very cute fun, but a bit confusing. You're spot on for dialogue as always, but it was a bit rushed and messy in spots.

A nice story, some interesting discussions, but Ithri and Remi really are the saving grace of this story.

I absolutely adored them and really, really, really would love to see another story (or several) involving them.

5361450
Thanks! fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/365/c/a/clapping_pony_icon___changeling_by_taritoons-d5ps0kg.gif
I can't promise their return exactly; but two changeling twins named Ithri and Remi will be back to help Twilight adapt to her new role as changeling queen in a later story I have planned.

Remi and Ithri tried to steal the show. But overall cuteness helped AJ and Rainbow keep the spotlight on them.

A fun story and a cute ending.
Nice job :ajsmug:

These two Cutelings make this story.

Cya
Raziel-chan

This was a really funny and nice story! I love it, and it definitely deserves more love. Thumbs up!

Login or register to comment