• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 4,467 Views, 42 Comments

Parties and Butterflies - angryfrenchfry



A small love story between a party pony and her shy friend.

  • ...
9
 42
 4,467

Sunset

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy arrived at Sugar Cube corner where everypony was waiting. During the time when Rainbow had gone looking for Pinkie, Rarity suggested that they all get dressed in some sort of way. Applejack, Twilight and Rarity were all in small dresses that matched their cutie marks and mane. It was nothing to elaborate, just something for the party.

Twilight was by the sundae bar talking to Mrs. Cake about Pinkie and other assorted topics while an orange farm pony tended to fixing up a couple decorations that had fallen loose over time. Rarity was in the corner just relaxing and making sure that no icing or sprinkles got on her dress. As Rainbow and her Pegasus friend walked threw the front door, the bell above it chimed and all three of their friends turned and smiled at the sight of seeing the two.

"Fluttershy!" Twilight's face lit up. "It's good to see you."

"Hi Twilight. Hi girls," Fluttershy said back to all three of them who were now in front of her. "It's good to see you all too."

"Don't worry girls," Rainbow Dash spoke up as sh hovered in the air. "Pinkie told Fluttershy how she felt a while ago but we are still, well, having a surprise." She said as to not give away any details.

The three mares standing in front of Rainbow and Fluttershy look kind of confused but also with a hint of happiness in their eyes. Rarity was the first to speak up after Rainbow explained what had happened.

"Marvellous!" She shouted pulling Fluttershy into a hug. "That's so wonderful, I'm glad you two are together, you may have opposite personalities but there is no doubt that your hearts are for one another."

"Oh, thank you Rarity. That means a lot." Fluttershy smiled as the hug let loose.

"We have to order some cupcakes or something to celebrate a tiny bit." Twilight spoke.

All of the friends exchanged nods and made their way to a corner table where they sat and talked for a few minutes until Mr. Cake brought over a nice pan of fresh cupcakes with butterfly's and balloons on them. Everypony was in awe at the cuteness of it and Fluttershy even blushed a bit. They all dug into the frosted treats with a smile on their faces. Rainbow Dash had taken the best one of the batch without a second thought and took a huge bite out of it and chewed with glee. Applejack actually noticed this and decided that it was a challenge and took as many cupcakes as she could and stuffed them in her mouth. Rainbow laughed and decided to humour her.

Twilight and Rarity were talking with Fluttershy about Pinkie and how everything turned out. Fluttershy told them about how Pinkie kissed her but kept out the details. She didn't think that they needed to know everything just yet. The book-worm and her drama queen friend listened closely to everything Fluttershy said and laughed at a few situations that had happened. It was a good feeling for everypony there to be having a good time and sharing the romance of Pinkie and Fluttershy.

"That sounds so romantic," Rarity said as Fluttershy took a nibble of a cupcake. "I wish I had a special somepony..oh well, one day."

"You are all such good friends." Fluttershy smiled and looked at all of the ponies sitting by her. She was so glad that they all supported her new relationship.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Twilight said getting up and pulling a box from her saddlebag in the corner. "Rarity and myself were working on a nice little thing for you to wear to you surprise." She giggled.

"Oh, r-really?" Fluttershy took hold of the box and opened it in front of her on the table. What was inside made her heart skip a beat because it was so amazingly beautiful!

Inside the small box was a lime green dress with a light green trim. It had pink butterflies near the bottom and mixed in were pink and blue balloons. Just like the cupcakes. It was almost like her dress for the Grand Galloping Gala but it was much lighter and had a softer feeling to it. Of course there was also the mixture of a little bit of Pinkie Pie into it. Fluttershy's eyes lit up and sparkled as she pulled it out to get a better look of it. Underneath were a pair of dark green shoes with a white strip along them. They also had smaller butterflies near the bottom of them. It was the most beautiful dress she had ever received and the shy pony almost began to tear up.

"Oh my, this is amazing Rarity, Twilight...I-I can't thank you enough." Fluttershy got up and hugged them both.

"The only thanks we need is you to go put it on dear." Rarity chuckled.

"You might want to do that right now Flutters." Rainbow got up from sitting position and pointed out the window where the sun was shinning low on the horizon. "I need to get you over to your marefriend."

"Yes, alright. I'll be right back Rainbow Dash. Thank you again for the dress girls." Fluttershy made her way into the other room to get ready. It was time to see what Pinkie had in store for her.

SWEET APPLE ACRES

Pinkie sighed in relief. Rainbow Dash would be her soon with Fluttershy and they can watch the sun set and hold each other. It as going to be great. Plus, there was an amazing after part that was going to happen after the sun was gone. Pinkie giggled aloud because of the excitement. All of her dreams, had come true in a matter of days. She had all of her friends support and a mare who loved her. It almost didn't feel real at all.

"Hmm," Pinkie thought aloud. "I should probably tell mom and dad about this whole thing. I'll have to make sure I write a letter...oh wait! I can do that right now!"

Then, out of nowhere, she pulled out a notepad and a small pencil. No one could ever fully understand how Pinkie did the things she did but everypony got used to it. She flipped past some pages of old drawings that she had drew looking for a fresh piece of paper to write on. As she was flipping, she came across a drawing of a bright red heart with two names inside of it. Pinkie & Fluttershy. It was a sight that she had forgotten about but was glad she had come across it again. It made her smile. She loved Fluttershy with all her heart and would never let anything happen to her. The pink pony continued on her search for a new piece of paper to write on. A few for seconds went by and then she found it.

"Now, how should I write this? Should I just get it out in the beginning or build up to it?" Pinkie asked herself. She simply decided to write whatever she felt sounded good and then send it off later with the help of Spike.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi! It's Pinkie! I'm so sorry I haven't written anything for a while, there has been a lot going on but don't worry! I'm doing fine here in Ponyville and am about to tell you what has been going on. It's been so super-duper awesome and crazy. I'm trowing tons of parties for everypony and they all appreciate it a lot and it makes me feel so good that I make other ponies feel good. Anyway, on the subject of parties, I am actually throwing a special party for a well, special somepony. There I said it! I've gotten close with a pony and they are the best thing that has happened to be in like, ever!

Now, there are some other details that you should know. For one, my special somepony was my best friend for so, so long and I had the feelings for her for just over a few weeks now. Second, she is a mare. I know that's a shock but I really do love her and wasn't it Mom who always told me to never give up on any kind of love? I hope you guys understand but even if you don't I still love you! I suppose that's all there is to tell for now but you'll be hearing from me a lot more often now, I promise! Say hello to the rest of the family for me!

Love,

Pinkie

That sounded good. Seemed like Pinkie had gotten her point across without being to strange. She set the notepad down beside her and looked up into the red sky.

"So beautiful..." She said.

"I think you're beautiful too, Pinkie." Said a voice from behind her.

Pinkie got up and turned around to see Fluttershy standing beside an apple tree looking at Pinkie with her nice eyes. Rainbow Dash was a few steps back and looked like she was about to turn away and leave the two some privacy. Pinkie quickly noticed this and made sure that Rainbow wouldn't take off before Pinkie had thanked her.

"Wait Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie screamed.

"Hmm? Hey Pinkie, what's up? Something wrong?" Rainbow landed from a few feet above the ground.

"Thank you so much Dashie!" Pinkie hugged her friend. "You've made this the best day ever for me."

"You're welcome Pinkie..." Rainbow accepted the hug. "Now go, you're marefriend is waiting. I'll see you back at Sugar Cube Corner."

Rainbow turned to the sky and took off with a force that rustled the apple trees nearby. Pinkie watched her rainbow maned friend soar all the way back to Ponyville. Fluttershy walked up beside Pinkie and wrapped a wing around her lover. Pinkie accepted and snuggled in closer with Fluttershy. They both turned around and went back towards the lone apple tree that Pinkie had been laying beside earlier. They both sat down and watched as the sun slowly made its way down the horizon.

Just then Fluttershy realized that this is exactly what she had wanted. To watch the sun set, by Sweet Apple Acres. Pinkie was doing this for her, and her alone. It made Fluttershy drop a few tears because of how much the pink pony loved her and cared for her. It was so perfect. The shy mare tightened her wing along Pinkies back and shoulders. The party pony saw that her marefriend was shedding tears and wondered if it was of happiness or something else.

"Hey, what's wrong Fluttershy?" Pinkie asked as she tried lifting Fluttershy's head to make eye contact.

"P-Pinkie..." Fluttershy whipped away a tear, "I love you so much. This, right here and now, is perfect. It's exactly what I want."

"Anything for you, Flutters." Pinkie kissed her on the cheek.

Fluttershy took her wing off of Pinkies back and jumped on her and cuddled beside the tree. It was a warm evening and there was no other place in all of Equestria, that the two mares would rather be, then in each others hoofs watching the sun set.

As Pinkie held Fluttershy, she realized that this is the one pony, that she wanted to spend her entire life with. The one pony who could comfort Pinkie. The only pony that Pinkie will ever love, was Fluttershy.

"I love you Fluttershy." Pinkie said quietly.

"And I love you Pinkie Pie."

SUGAR CUBE CORNER

The music rumbled and the ponies danced. It was one huge party that celebrated one thing, Pinkie and Fluttershy! After the sun had set, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy made their way back to Sugar Cube corner to have the time of their lives.

In the middle of the dance floor, six friends danced to the music and enjoyed the time that they spent together. It was moments like these, that made every one of them feel like they will be friends forever, of course they most likely will be. The two ponies that stood out in the group of six were none other then the pink party pony of Ponyville, and the sweetest animal caretaker in all of Equestria. They danced together and never let go of the grip between their hooves.

The rest of the night went on the be amazing. There were games and treats and stories all between the group of friends. After the party had died down a bit, all the ponies had to get some sleep. Twilight went out with Rarity towards their homes and Rainbow raced Applejack towards the farm before taking off towards her own home in the sky. It was really late out now and everypony had left. Pinkie Pie was in her room looking out the window at the wonderful night. Fluttershy came up behind her and once again wrapped her wing around her marefriend.

"Do you think we will be together forever?" Pinkie asked, still looking at the night sky.

"Pinkie, there is no doubt in my mind that you are the pony I want to be with forever." Fluttershy kissed Pinkie.

The two lovers turned around and got into a bed shaped like an ice cream cone. They cuddled up with each other and swiftly fell asleep, both with the pony they loved with all their heart. On the blanket that covered them, was a special stitching: two ponies, one pink and one yellow, dancing together as multiple butterflies flew by them. Pinkie had made it herself, just for the two of them to share, together. 'Parties and Butterflies' was stitched in at the bottom, it signified their love, and how love can take any shape, or form. Opposite personalities, can indeed, match up perfectly.

Comments ( 14 )

Hmm... Noticing the lack of a "Complete", so i must assume there will be more. I hope theres more, Rainbow needs a sequel.

I :heart::heart::heart: this story!

552731

I forgot to add the complete signal but it is on now. Yeah, it was the last chapter but I plan to write another story soon.

578734

Oh snap! I'm predicting the future in my stories! :twilightsheepish:

:fluttershysad: I promised my self I wouldn't cry... :pinkiesad2:
Who am I kidding!!! :fluttercry: :heart: :pinkiesad2:
:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

:pinkiesad2:This is so touching...:fluttershyouch::fluttershbad::fluttercry:
I hope you have more stories like this.

I love this story so much...I don't think anyone could make a Flutterpie story like this...well done.
:fluttershysad::heart::pinkiesmile:

This story was sweeter than cheesecake. CHEESECAKE. Love it! :pinkiehappy:

rainbow really needs a story!! feel so bad for her!

Seeing as a subtheme is "Opposites Attract," I'm hoping that the next story is a TwiDash, since it's assumingly going to be about RD.

I can't wait!:pinkiehappy:

762121
I fixed it anyway :twilightsheepish: Thanks for all the support!

so awesome :pinkiehappy:

DW'AAAAAAA!!!!! That was so sweet, and that is a rare compliment from someone like me. I was getting teary-eyed at the end and that also is not something to bake me do easily. Great job.:scootangel:

You my wonderful friend are a genius!!! i wish stories like this would never end :yay::yay::yay::yay::ajsmug:

Login or register to comment