• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 4,469 Views, 42 Comments

Parties and Butterflies - angryfrenchfry



A small love story between a party pony and her shy friend.

  • ...
9
 42
 4,469

Lunch

The air was warm in Ponyville. It was nice and sunny with a light breeze. Some would of called it perfect. Pinkie Pie was in her apartment above Sugar Cube Corner cleaning up after herself. After what happened between her and Rainbow Dash she had decided to celebrate a little by herself. She baked a small cake so that there would at least be enough for Gummy. There were a few streamers around and some deflated balloons. It wasn't like that time where she was talking to a bucket a turnips. No, this was just a friendly party for her to be grateful that Rainbow Dash was her friend and was doing ok.

Pinkie still wasn't sure when or how she would finally tell Fluttershy about how she felt, but she knew that all of her friends would be there to support her no matter what. It made her much more relaxed knowing that. Even if Fluttershy didn't feel the same way about Pinkie, they would remain friends. That Pegasus was to nice and caring to just give up on her friendship with Pinkie. The same went for the part pony as well.

While Pinkie was cleaning up, she was also thinking of ways to announce her crush. Seeing as Fluttershy was really timid and, well, shy she had to think of a way to say it without giving the poor mare a heart attack. A surprise party was an option but they would have to try not to startle the Pegasus too much. Another way was to simply tell her flat out. It was the easiest and most practical but it would be very nerve wreaking and awkward for Pinkie. She could bring her friends along to support her but that might make Fluttershy feel surrounded or scared. There were just to many things to take into consideration. There was no rush though. Pinkie didn't know anypony else who had a crush on Fluttershy so she really did have all the time she needed to think of the perfect way to say her feelings.

There was not much else for Pinkie Pie to do that day. She was tired for the small self party yesterday. No matter how many guests were at her parties, she would get tired out from dancing, singing, and eating! Gummy was sitting in the middle of the room just staring at a wall, witch was pretty normal for him. Pinkie was done cleaning at sat down next to the alligator.

"So what shall we do today Gummy?" Pinkie asked. Gummy just sat there with a blank face as Pinkie looked at him. "Oh! I need to ask you something! How do you think I should tell Fluttershy I like her?"

Gummy looked at Pinkie then turned right back to the wall. Nevertheless, Pinkie somehow kept the conversation going.

"What? Take her out to lunch? Are you loco in the coco? I'd be all nervous!" Pinkie giggled a bit. Then she had a thought. "Maybe you're right. It would make her feel good. And I love making ponies feel good."

Gummy got up and walked onto Pinkie back and then bit onto her puffy hair. Taking that as a sign that the conversation was over, Pinkie got up and decided that she would go and see if Fluttershy wanted to go out to lunch. Pinkie was happy but also quite nervous. Pinkie made her way down the steps of the sweet shop and waved a hoof to Mrs. Cake as she was taking some cookies out of the oven. When Pinkie exited into Ponyville, she felt the nice warm breeze on her face and in her mane and knew it was going to be a good day. Even if she was a bit nervous, the nice sunshine and air got her mind off of things. She was just going to enjoy the day with her friend.

As the pink pony made her way across the town she gave a greeting to everypony she passed, like she usually does. She made her way past Carousel Boutique and thought to herself that she should probably go and see Rarity. She was informed about Pinkie's crush on Fluttershy but hadn't yet talked to her about it.

Pinkie made her way inside the shop with Gummy still latched onto her hair. There was a bell that ringed as she opened the door and Rarity turned around to see who it was.

"Oh hello Pinkie Pie!" Rarity said with a smile. "How are you today?"

"Hi Rarity! I'm doing great! I just thought I'd stop by, we haven't had time to talk lately. It's been a wacky week!" Pinkie said.

"Indeed it has been. Here, come in. Make yourself at home. I was just making some tea, do you want some?"

"Sure! You're tea is great!" Pinkie jumped.

Rarity made her way into the kitchen and Pinkie was right behind her with a bounce in her step. There was a kettle on the stove with steam shooting out of it signifying that it was done. Rarity took it in her teeth and gently pored some into the two cups on the counter and made her way over to a table where Pinkie was sitting quietly.

"Here you go my dear." Rarity said, handing Pinkie the tea.

"Thank you!" Pinkie said as she took a big gulp of the drink. Rarity chuckled. "Well, there was another reason why I stopped by. I wanted to talk about Fluttershy."

"Of course dear! How's that been going?" Rarity asked before taking a sip of her tea.

"It's alright. I want to tell her soon though and was curious if you had an idea on how I could go about doing that." Pinkie said.

"Well, I'm not one to brag about love but I have had some crushes in the past. I think that the best thing you could do is to just tell her. You could either take her out and tell her or send her a letter if you are to shy. It is really up to you Pinkie." Rarity said.

Pinkie thought about this for a moment. For some reason, hearing a friend say that was much more convincing then telling herself to do it. Maybe Rarity was right. It's not that Pinkie was to shy to tell Fluttershy to her face, it was the fear of what her friend would say. Pinkie still didn't know what to do, but Rarity did open up some more options for her to think about. She was sure it would come to her though.

"Thanks for the ideas Rarity." Pinkie said taking one last gulp of her tea. "I'll keep those in mind."

"Anytime Pinkie Pie. I wish you the best of luck." Rarity said as she got up and took the cups to the sink. "I should really get back to work darling. It's been busy around here."

"No problem! I'll be on my way! It was nice talking to you." Pinkie said on her way to the door.

"Have a good day Pinkie."

"You too!" Pinkie bounced out of the door and continued throughout Ponyville on her way to Fluttershy's cottage.

Pinkie made her way into the meadow where Fluttershy lived and walked over the small creek on the bridge. Some fish were swimming and enjoying themselves. The birds were singing a lovely tune that made Pinkie smile to herself. Visiting Fluttershy was always so peaceful. Everyone could enjoy it. Everything seemed perfect. Pinkie was actually think if she should tell Fluttershy today because it was such a beautiful day, but Pinkie still had to decided on how to say what needed to be said. She didn't let that bother her though. There was one thing on her mind right now. Taking Fluttershy to lunch.

The pink pony approached the nice wooden door and tapped on it with her hoof. Just a few seconds later, she heard some stomping and the door opened to a very messy-maned yellow Pegasus with an angry white bunny tangled in her hair.

"Angel Bunny! Oh, please get out of my mane. Go eat something please." Fluttershy said in a calm but angry voice.

"Uh, hi Fluttershy. What's going on in there?" Pinkie said trying to look over her friends shoulder.

"I'm sorry Pinkie. I wasn't expecting company so I thought I'd try and give Angel a bath. You can see how that turned out."

Pinkie Pie giggled at the sight of water everywhere and some things knocked over. She turned back to Fluttershy thinking that this was the perfect time to get her out of her house. She looked like she would use a break from the animals.

"I was coming over to see if you wanted to, uh, join me for lunch!" Pinkie said, waiting for an answer nervously.

"Oh, um, sure Pinkie Pie. I'm quite hungry and Angel doesn't seem to want me here right now." Fluttershy said as she took her hoof to her mane to try and straighten it out.

"Great, let's get going!" Pinkie said as she turned around and bounced back towards Ponyville. Fluttershy flew up beside Pinkie and smiled. This made Pinkie's heart skip a beat.

They both made their way towards a cafe and took their seats and ordered. It felt really good to Pinkie to have Fluttershy with her today. Just then, she began to think about something...

What if I asked Fluttershy how to tell somepony that they liked another pony. I could word it so it doesn't sound weird. Maybe...just maybe I could get her to tell me if she likes anypony or she could tell me how she would like to be told that she is liked. It's worth a shot, right?

The two ponies sat and talked for a bit on various topics like their friends and how Fluttershy's animals were doing. Pinkie talked about how she loved her parties. It wasn't that surprising to the Pegasus though,. They both shared a couple of laughs before Pinkie decided to act.

"Could I ask you something?" She said.

"O-of course Pinkie." Fluttershy said while taking a sip of water she ordered.

"Let's say that somepony has a crush on you, right?" Pinkie cringed for a moment. She almost blew it but soon recovered. "Because one of my sisters has a crush on a pony a lot like you and she needed advise on how that pony would want to be told. I said I'd ask her for you." Pinkie let out a squee.

"Well, if It will help your sister..." Fluttershy began. "If somepony had a crush on me, I'd want them to tell me when we were watching the sunset in Sweet Apple Acres. It looks beautiful there and it would be very romantic. I would look at them, they would look at me, and they would say in a sweet voice that they love me. I would love them back." Fluttershy said, being modest.

"Wow! That sound awesome! I'll make sure to write that down." Pinkie cringed again. "To send a letter back to her of course." Another quick save.

"Tell her I hope that it helps. I would be honoured if somepony had a crush on me. I'm not much." Fluttershy said looking down.

"Are you kidding? You're amazing and anypony would be lucky to have you!" Pinkie blurted out.

"Oh, um thank you Pinkie that means a lot." Fluttershy said with a smile. Pinkie thought to herself again.

Oh my gosh! Thank Celestia she didn't get conspicuous. I would of been done for.

"And don't you worry your pretty little head off, this will help my sister a lot! I'll make sure to send it right away." Pink said.

Both of the ponies finished their food and payed a few bits for it. They got up and made their way back to Fluttershy's home. It was around 3:00pm when they got back, seeing as Pinkie talked to everypony that they passed. Fluttershy thought that Pinkie was so kind to everypony even when they sometimes didn't deserve to be treated so nicely. That was one thing that Fluttershy admired about her pink friend.

They arrived at the Pegasus's home and Fluttershy went inside to see if her animals were doing alright then she came back out to say her goodbye's to Pinkie Pie.

"Thank you so much for lunch Pinkie. I'm glad your doing alright. You were acting so strange." Fluttershy said.

"I know, sorry for that. But no worries, I'm all better and everything will be ready soon." Pinkie covered her mouth when she realized what she had said. "Um, nothing, never mind. You're welcome for lunch Fluttershy. I'll see you later." Pinkie ran off.

"Ok, um, bye?" Fluttershy was left at her doorstep in confusion.

Pinkie Pie ran all the way back to Sugar Cube Corner and made her way upstairs without even saying hello to Mr. or Mrs. Cake. She had finally got some good information from Fluttershy on how to tell Fluttershy that she liked her. It was kind of confusing to think about but it made sense! Pinkie went over to a desk and started to write down lots of notes that were plans one how to get Fluttershy and herself in Sweet Apple Acres to watch the sunset. She didn't want to make it completely obvious so Pinkie decided that she needed to wait a few days to actually do this.

"I should gather up the other girls Gummy. They can surely help me." Pinkie said to her pet. With that, she set aside her notes and made her way downstairs again to start baking some treats. Soon, she would tell Fluttershy that she had a huge crush on her. It would be the perfect moment. Everything that Fluttershy had said would be put in motion. Only one real question remained; what would Fluttershy say back to the pink party pony?

FLUTTERSHY'S COTTAGE

10:37pm

Fluttershy was sound asleep in her bed. Angel Bunny and all the other animals were asleep in their rightful places. Everything seemed peaceful but Fluttershy was dreaming. A faint whisper that was barely audible came out of the yellow pony's mouth.

"Pinkie Pie..." Fluttershy then turned over and fell back into her dream. Where everything was fun, safe, and loving.