• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 11,062 Views, 476 Comments

Commander Thorn in Equestria. - SolidArc5542



Commander Thorn gave his life for the Republic. His squad was overrun and he was KIA....or so we thought. Commander Thorn’s alive and kicking ass in Equestria. How can this possibly go wrong?

  • ...
60
 476
 11,062

The Night and The Hunter

"On your knees, put your hands behind your head, slowly"

"Son, I wouldn’t be so hasty if I were you."

Bounty Hunter Cad Bane, threatening Senate Commando Captain Jayfon, before snapping his neck.

-----------

"So sister, what does thou think it will look like?" Luna asked curiously.

Celestia rose from her chair. "I do not know, perhaps he looks the" same as Thorn?" Celestia suggested.

"Maybe, but—sister We need to tell you something." Luna said.

"I’m sure it is really important, but Twilight requested that I come to her library; as soon as possible." Celestia said.

"C-Could We go with you?" Luna asked.

Celestia smiled. "Of course Lulu."

Luna nuzzled her sister. "We just hope things will go as ‘smooth’, as they did with Commander Thorn." Luna said.

"Why do you keep calling him Commander Thorn?" Celestia asked curiously.

Because it is; what he is. Luna replied. He saved Equestria from a horrible fate, the least We can do is call him by his military status.

Celestia chuckled. "Luna, you still have a lot to learn."

Luna gave her sister a confused look. "What does thou mean?"

Celestia shook her head and smiled. "Nothing, let’s get going, we don’t want to keep our new visitor waiting."

Luna nodded.

"Ready?" Celestia asked.

"Ready!" Luna replied.

Celestia’s horn began to glow, she closed her eyes and concentrated on the location of Twilight's library. And with a simple *poof*, they were gone.

****

"So when will these Princesses arrive?" Sev asked while taking a seat on a nearby table.

Sev, could you please use a chair to sit on? Twilight asked with a hint of annoyance.

"No." Sev replied.

Twilight mumbled something under her breath, but decided not to try and convince Sev. It would be a battle, she couldn't win.

"Well, I sure hope the Princesses will arrive soon." Fluttershy said.

"Me too." Rarity added.

"You know." Twilight said while placing a book back on one of her many shelf’s." I’m surprised Pinkie Pie hasn’t throw you two a party yet, when I first arrived in Ponyville; the party was held on the exact same day."

Thorn shrugged. "Maybe she forgot."

Twilight shook her head. "If there’s one thing Pinkie doesn’t forget, it’s her parties."

"She takes parties that serious?" Thorn asked while placing his Z6 against a nearby wall.

"Yep." Twilight replied.

"Hey Sev, thanks for bringing her." Thorn said while patting his Z6.

"No problem, just make sure you never forget it again." Sev replied.

"Well, it’s a big gun, and I can’t attach it to my belt."Thorn said while crossing his arms.

"He’s got a point." Spike said while walking out of the kitchen.

"Big gun, doesn’t make a big man." Sev said.

"Who told you that?" Thorn asked.

"Walon Vau." Sev replied.

"Walon what?" Twilight asked.

"Walon Vau, one of the seventy-five Mandalorian Clone Commando training Sergeants." Sev replied while getting off the table. "A true source of inspiration."

"Wow, so he was like; your mentor?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, I respect the man." Sev said. "Walon Vau once said: "You can't breed soldiers with flash-learning and simulation. They must come face to face with death itself."

"What does that mean?" Twilight asked curiously.

"We Clones are bred for war, the flash-learning thing and simulation he talked about, were the simulation missions we Commandos got on Kamino; but they’re nothing compared to the real deal." Sev replied.

"A very wise speech." A motherly; yet regal voice said.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight exclaimed with a smile.

Princess Celestia smiled. "Twilight, how are you—oh my." Celestia trailed of.

Her eyes turned to Sev never had she seen something that threatening. It didn’t even look like Thorn. Was it because it was wearing different armor? Or had Thorn been lying to her, and all Clones do not look exactly the same.

"Princess Celestia and Luna, I’d like you to meet: Sev!" Twilight said while motioning to Sev.

Celestia looked at Sev. "Greetings Sev, I am Pr--."

"Princess Celestia, co-ruler of Equestria; together with your sister Luna." Sev cut her off, leaving her with a blank expression. "Purple over here told me the entire story."

"Did she now?" Celestia asked.

Twilight blushed a faint shade of pink. "I-I thought; since he told me a lot about himself and where he’s from, I would tell him something about Equestria… And its rulers." Twilight said with a nervous chuckle.

"That was very nice of you to do." Celestia said with a smile. "But I must ask, how did you arrive here Sev?"

Sev sighed. "Listen, I’m not a big fan of repeating the same story over and over again." Sev said.

"I…. Don’t follow." Celestia said.

"Listen Celestia, I didn’t tell you how I exactly arrived here. Thon said while standing besides Sev. "We…. Died, we were killed by Separatist forces and somehow arrived here."

Celestia flinched after hearing this.

"Thou died?" Luna asked Sev.

Sev nodded. 'Wait, I recognize that pony.' Sev thought.

"Was it General Grievous, that killed thee?" Luna asked curiously.

Suddenly, the pieces fell together.

"I knew it!" Sev said

"W-What does thou mean?" Luna asked confused.

"You were in my dream last night!" Sev said while walking towards her. "You saw what I dreamt of, how?"

Luna backed up. "U-Uhm, W-We are the P-Princess of The Night, We can enter somepony’s dreams…. But We couldn't call you dream a dream. It was more like a nightmare." Luna said.

"Wait, you can enter dreams?" Sev asked.

"Yes, c-could We perhaps have a word with you.... Alone?" Luna asked.

"No, we can do it here and now." Sev replied.

Luna gulped. "P-Please? 'Tis very important."

"What could be so important, that it can't be discussed here?" Sev asked.

"Your nightmare, it was.... Frightful, We saw what that horrible General Grievous did to you." Luna replied while walking towards him. "We have seen many horrible things, but that was the most frightful thing We have ever seen."

"Frightful? What you thought was frightful, was just a fragment of what I've been through." Sev said while crossing his arms.

Luna was now in front of Sev, she was observing him very curiously, she knew what lay underneath his helmet; she knew the scars he carried.

"Nobody was supposed to see the things I've been through, you made a big mistake." Sev said while walking towards Luna.

"Please, Sev, I'm sure my sister is very sorry for what she's done." Celestia said with a neutral expression on her face.

Sev looked at the Sun diarch, he gave her a sharp glare; one she couldn't see because he had his helmet on.

"Enter my dreams again, and it'll be the last you'll ever enter a dream." Sev warned. He turned around and stood beside Thorn.

"Sev, threatening the leaders of a planet; especially the planet we're on, might not be the smartest idea."Thorn whispered.

"Well, you're a Coruscant Elite Guard, so why won't you do the talking?" Sev asked withal hint of sarcasm.

Thorn rolled his eyes underneath his helmet. "Just because it is my job to escort politicians, doesn't mean I like it."

"Ahem." Celestia cleared her throat. "I would like to know what you meant with: We died." Celestia said.

"Ah, yes, that is a very interesting story.... Well, it was for me." Thorn said while looking at Sev. "Sev?" He asked.

Sev shrugged. "I don't fear death, death fears me." Sev replied.

"I don't think death fears anypony." Twilight said.

Sev turned his head to Twilight. "Not until he meets me, he does."

Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Could we please discuss the current situation?" Celestia asked.

"What's there to discuss?" Sev asked.

Celestia cocked an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"We're dead, there's nothing more to it." Sev replied while crossing his arms. "But somehow we survived and ended up here, now I don't care how; or why, all I care about is that I'm still alive." Sev said while walking towards Celestia. "And when I'm alive, things can get hurt if I don't like them."

"Is that a threat?" Celestia asked.

"No, it's the truth." Sev replied neutrally.

Celestia eyed Sev. "You are different, different than Thorn."

"That's because Sev is a whole different Clone, he's a Commando." Thorn said while placing a hand on Sev's shoulder. "And he's very good at what he does."

"And that would be?" Celestia asked.

"Killing, hunting, eliminating any threat to The Republic, but most importantly, taking back the things The Separatists; took from me." Sev replied.

"Thorn, me and my sister would like to have a word to you." Celestia said.

"Actually sister." Luna intervened. "We would like to have a word with Sev."

This time, Sev cocked an eyebrow.

"And why's that?" Celestia asked.

Luna moved closer to her sister. "Because We feel really sorry for him, and it's the least We can do; after We entered his dreams without his permission." Luna whispered into he sister's ear.

Celestia gave her sister a nervous look. "Are you sure?" She asked with a hint of concern.

Luna nodded. "We can take him to the castle."

Celestia shook her head. "That cannot be done, they are immune to magic, a teleportation spell won't work on them.

"Who said we had to teleport?" Luna asked.

"Well I don't see any other way." Celestia said.

"Sister, thou once told us: Always have a plan B." Luna said.

"And what is your 'plan B?' Celestia asked.

"We can get a chariot to pick us up, or We--."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Sev cut her off.

"Huh? What does thou mean?" Luna asked confused.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Sev repeated.

"Why not?" Luna asked.

"Because I don't want to, and I'm not in the mood for talking." Sev replied.

"Perhaps you could talk to me instead?" Celestia asked. "I'm very curious."

"Again: Not in the mood for talking." Sev said.

"You don't show much respect for others, do you?" Celestia asked.

"I only respect the people, I've served with." Sev replied.

'This is getting out of hand.' Thorn thought.

"Perhaps you could both talk to me, I could tell you a lot about The Republic, or the Clone troopers perhaps?" Thorn said

Celestia smiled. "That would be very nice, but we still want to hear what he's got to say." Celestia said while pointing her hoof at Sev.

Thorn shook his head. "Sorry, but if Sev doesn't want to talk, then you have to respect his decision."

Celestia nodded. "Alright, Twilight; would you mind if we used your library as our 'chit-chat' room?" Celestia asked.

Twilight beamed with excitement. "Yes of course Princess! But... The library is a mess and--and the books are all out of order and--."

"Twilight." Celestia said in her motherly tone. "The library looks fine to me, why won't you join our conversation?" Celestia suggested.

Twilight gave her mentor a cheeky smile.

"So what do you want to know?" Thorn asked.

"Well, some basic things, The Republic, The Separatists, maybe talk about your home planet?" Celestia suggested.

"Right. "Thorn said. He turned his head to Sev. "So, you wanna talk or not?"

Sev shrugged. "The sooner they leave, the better."

"Watch your mouth mister!" Fluttershy snapped at him.

"These are The Princesses you're talking to!" Twilight added.

"And besides, a little talk never hurt somepony." Rarity added.

'How wrong you are.' Luna thought while looking at Rarity. 'A little talk, has done more to him; than you could ever imagine.'

Sev sighed in defeat. 'I need to kill something again.' He thought while sitting down on the table.

"Sev, I think the Princesses do not appreciate you sitting on my table." Twilight said.

"Does it look like I care?" Sev asked.

"No but--."

"Exactly." Sev cut her off.

Twilight pouted in defeat. "Stupid alien." She mumbled underneath her breath.

"I heard that." Sev said.

"Heard what?" Twilight asked innocently.

"Let's talk!" Fluttershy quickly interfered.

"Yes, Fluttershy is right." Thorn said while placing a hand on Sev's shoulder. "Don't do anything you might regret." He whispered.

"I won't." Sev retorted.

"No, we won't mind him; using your table as a chair." Celestia said while walking towards Sev. "However, you will answer the questions I am about to ask." She said.

"And what if I don't?" Sev asked while getting of the table, Celestia's horn inches away from his visor.

"Then I will have to take actions." Celestia replied.

Thorn looked at Celestia. 'What is she playing at?' He asked himself, his hands slowly reaching for his blaster pistols.

"What kind of actions?" Sev asked.

Celestia smiled warmly at him. "Asking you politely." She replied.

Thorn mentality sighed in relief and rested his hands behind his back.

'That could have gone a whole lot worse, had she given the wrong reply.' Thorn thought.

"Fine." Sev said.

Celestia smiled. "Thank you Sev."

"So, questions?" Sev asked.

"Oh, of course." Celestia said while looking at her sister. "How about you go first Luna?" Celestia asked.

"Alright, question number one: What is thine full name?" Luna asked.

"RC-twelve-zero-seven." Sev replied.

"RC?" Celestia asked.

"Republic Commando, you could call us: The elite of the army." Sev replied.

"So, you are a special kind of Clone?" Celestia asked curiously.

"Well, every Clone is special in my opinion, it's just my rank." Sev replied.

"So, you are a high ranked officer?" Celestia asked.

"Not really, there are many Commandos out there, we Commandos out-rank standard Clone troopers, but we're not Commanding Officers." Sev replied while tapping his helmet. "My squad leader; Boss, has the rank of Sergeant, so he outranks me, Scorch and Fixer."

"Scorch and Fixer?" Luna asked. "Were those the green and yellow Clones we saw in thine dream?"

"Yes." Sev replied with hesitation. "Just how much did you see?" He asked.

Luna gave him a confused look. "We are afraid We don't understand the question."

"Did you see me, fighting on a desert like planet?" Sev asked.

"No, we only saw you on a forest, fighting against lizards, and we saw you in that room with Grievous." Luna replied.

"Good." Sev said. "So, what did you think?"

"Think of what?" Luna asked confused.

"The way I slaughtered those lizards." Sev replied while smirking underneath his helmet.

Luna gave him a nervous look. "Well, it was... Not what are used to see, in a average day."

"Then stay out of my head." Sev warned. "Or you might see things; that will haunt you forever." Sev said.

Luna gulped. "There's more?"

"Yes, much more, more bloodier and gorier." Sev replied.

"I will.. Remember your warning." Luna said.

"Next question!" Celestia said, lightening up the tension between Sev an her sister.

"Thorn, what did you do when you were fighting in the war?" Celestia asked. "What kind of Clone were you?"

"Well, I'm part of The Coruscant Elite Guard.. Well I was, at first I was a normal Clone Commander, fighting against The Separatist's droid armies." Thorn said while looking at his holstered blaster pistols. "But then I was assigned to serve under the command of Clone Commander Fox, Fox was.. A strict Clone, he never disobeyed an order; nor did he let any criminal scum escape."

"He was an officer of law?" Celestia asked.

"Well, yes, Fox was very strict and skilled when it came to bringing down criminals, he would always come up with a plan when there wasn't one, some of his own men even called him: The Chancellors favorite." Thorn replied. "He is a good soldier, just don't go to the wrong side of the law, 'cause if you do; he'll take you out."

"It sounds like you have a certain respect for him." Celestia said.

"And what does 'The Chancellors favorite' mean?" Luna asked curiously.

"Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, the head of The Republic, he is guarded twenty four-seven by elite Senate Commandos, plus The Coruscant Elite Guard. Fox was assigned to guard The Chancellor at the beginning of the war, since then, he and The Chancellor have been very close." Thorn replied.

"Wow, sounds like he lives quite the life." Rarity said.

"Yes, indeed he does." Thorn said. "But, he also took down criminal sum on the streets of Coruscant, I recall him bringing down Ziro the Hutt."

"Well, an officer of the law; is a friend of moi!" Rarity said.

"Thorn, what type of Battle droids are there?" Celestia asked.

"Well, there are the standard B1-Battle droids, then you the B2-Super Battle droids, you have Destroyer droids; or Droidekas as some call them, you have the Aqua droids, you have T-series Tactical droid and the Super Tactical droids, then you have General Grievous' personal Magnaguards, and you have The Spider Droids, and many more". Thorn replied.

Celestia's mouth stood agape.

"Princess, are you alright?" Twilight asked with a hint of concern.

Celestia blinked her eyes a few times, she closed her mouth and nodded.

"I'm fine Twilight, it's just that-- never have I heard an army being so big." Celestia replied.

"Millions of Battle droids, fighting millions of Clones." Thorn said. "That's the war we fought in."

Celestia gave him a compassionate look. "I'm so sorry, your lives must have been hard."

Thorn shook his head." It's the life we are used to live, fighting is in our blood.*

"War is a routine." Sev said. "For both sides, it's a routine."

"A routine?" Lunar asked. "Why that is terrible, why hasn't anypony tried to negotiate with The Separatists?"

"There's no negotiating with those Separatists scum, we've tried before, it ended up with those them blowing up one of the power stations on Coruscant." Thorn replied.

"Why are they so cruel?" Celestia asked.

"I dont know, but their leaders are just as cruel; as they are." Thorn replied.

"Count Dooku." Sev hissed.

"Separatist scum." Thorn added.

"Will the war ever end?" Celestia asked.

"I don't know, but when it does, I hope The Republic turns out victorious." Thorn replied.

"We will, we have to." Sev said.

"Alright, a different question." Celestia announced. "What is the name of your home planet?"

"Kamino." Thorn replied. "It was attacked by The Separatists a few months ago, they didn't stand a chance against us Clones."

"Wish I could have been there, I could have really wrecked some havoc." Sev said.

"Well, I was there, those clankers destroyed a lot of cloning facilities, killing a lot of unborn Clones." Thorn said.

Sev clenched hospital fists in anger.

"Sev, it's over now." Thorn said while placing a hand on his shoulder. "We won remember? Kamino is safe."

Sev took a deep breath and calmed down.

"I'm sorry." Celestia said. "I shouldn't have asked that."

"It's okay." Thorn said.

"Sev, if an enemy would surrender to you, would thou still eliminate him?" Luna asked.

"Luna!" Celestia said. "You don't ask that to somepony!"

"No, I would kill him, I would make him regret the day he was born." Sev replied." I don't take prisoners, prisoners slow you down from your main objective, in war; no one gets mercy from me."

"We see." Luna said. "So thou thinkst mercy is for the weak?"

"Yes, mercy is a sign of weakness, The Separatists never showed any mercy, so I won't either." Sev replied.

"Thou thinkest in black and white, Sev." Luna said. "Mercy is not a sign of weakness, 'tis a sign of kindness."

Sev shook his head. "Never, I will never show any mercy, mercy is a sign of kindness? Ha! Don't make me laugh, mercy is for the weak." Sev said while looking at the two Alicorn Princesses. "If you show mercy, that means you're weak."

"I can assure you we are not weak." Celestia said.

"Have you ever killed someone?" Sev asked.

"No." Celestia replied. "We try to negotiate, and if they don't surrender, we'll capture them and throw them into a dungeon."

"And torture them for information?" Sev asked.

"No!" Celestia said. "What is wrong with you? Why are you so fond of death?"

"Because it's a routine." Sev replied. "A routine I tend to like."

"If it is a routine for you, how can I berry certain you won't hurt any of my subjects?" Celestia asked.

"If they won't provoke me, I won't hurt them." Sev replied.

"And what if they do?" Celestia asked.

"Then you better bring the body bags." Sev replied.

"If you do that, I will take action." Celestia warned.

"Try that, and I'll take my own actions." Sev retorted.

Celestia gave Sev an angry glare.

"Come sister, we're leaving." Celestia said.

Luna gave her sister a confused look. "Why sister? We just arrived here."

"I've heard enough, Thorn we will see each other shortly." Celestia said before her horn started to glow. "Goodbye everypony."

Not even a second later, Celestia and Luna were gone. Leaving the ponies and Clones behind in the library.

"That's the first time I've seen the Princess that angry." Spike said.

"Sev, you better watch your tongue the next time you see the Princesses." Fluttershy said.

"I told them the truth, the truth can be hard." Sev retorted.

"Yes, but was threatening them really necessary?" Twilight asked.

"It wasn't a threat, threats are for people who bluff, I don't bluff." Sev replied.

"So, what now?" Thorn asked.

"I don't know." Rarity said.

"Well, I have some questions for you." Twilight said.

"Thorn, I'm out, I'll be in the forest if anyone needs me." Sev announced.

Fluttershy gave Sev a nervous look.

Sev didn't bother turning around, he walked through the library's exit and closed the door behind him.

"Well, he's gone." Thorn said.

I'll be heading home too." Fluttershy said.

"Wait for me darling, I'll walk with you." Rarity said.

"Thorn, would you mind answering some more questions?" Twilight asked.

Thorn shook his head. "No, I can't help it you're curious, go ahead and ask away."

"Great!" Twilight beamed while teleporting a quill and five rolls of paper. "I have a lot to ask."

"Oh kriff." Thorn said.

****

"Sister, what was that all about?" Luna asked her sister, who was currently on the balcony of her private chambers.

"I don't trust this Sev, I sence a dark presence coming from him." Celestia replied with a sigh.

"Maybe 'tis because of the was he has been through?" Luna suggested.

"Maybe, nonetheless he could become a potential threat, would we ever provoke him." Celestia said.

"What does thou wants Us to do?" Luna asked.

"Nothing Lulu, for now we do nothing." Celestia replied.

"Sister, surely there is something We can do!" Luna said.

"No, Sev hasn't hurt any of our subjects, but when he does, then we will take action." Celestia said.

"Sister, never has thou beenst this concerned about something." Luna said.

I'm concerned about Twilight and her friends, Sev is staying with them, that... Monster is staying with them." Celestia replied.

"Monster?" Luna repeated. "That is a quick assumption thou has made." She said, cocking her eyebrow at her sister.

"Only a monster shows no mercy, Discord, nor... Nightmare Moon weren't as merciless as he is." Celestia said.

"We tried to shroud Equestria into eternal night." Luna said while lowering your head.

"Only because you thought our subjects didn't appreciate the night, but you never intended to hurt anypony." Celestia said while wrapping a wing around her sister.

"But what about Discord?" Luna asked. "Surely he has hurt somepony."

Celestia shook her head. "His chaos was dangerous, but he used in a... Humorous kind of way, still he never critically injured; let alone kill somepony. Even Sombra didn't go as far as that."

"But Equestria has never been at war, Sev has." Luna said.

"That is why I think he might be a bad influence on our subjects." Celestia said.

"What about Commander Thorn?" Luna asked.

"He showed that he doesn't want to hurt us, only help us, sure he did kill those Changelings, but only to protect the innocent." Celestia replied.

"Maybe thou art right sister." Luna said while nuzzling her sister.

Celestia smiled, but her thoughts wandered on one man.

'Sev, I will keep a close eye on you, you have not earned my trust, nod my respect.' Celestia thought while looking at the beautiful landscape of Canterlot.

'A very close eye.' She thought.

Author's Note:

That's another chapter.

Big shoutout to my new editor Poeticbrony, he's awesome.

Next chapter will contain The Crystal Empire, guys!

I'll see you all in the next chapter.

Peace!!!!