• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 632 Views, 4 Comments

The Family of Time - Ephraim Blue



Hope and Silver Streak learn that their father might still be alive somewhere, and they search for a way to find him. Little do they know, finding him could lead to the end of everything they believe in.

  • ...
 4
 632

Intermision - A Story of Time #1 - Two Paths

Author's Note:

Welcome to the first intermission chapter everyone!

If you're all confused to what the heck is going on, I'll tell you right here.

I'm going to be making an intermission chapter every 5 or so chapters. I don't know how many chapters I'm going to have in this story, so however many intermission chapters there are or when they happen may vary.

Second, each intermission chapter will be named "A Story of Time" followed by a number determining which one it is and the actual title of the appropriate intermission story. These chapters will all tell of a story that came before "The Family of Time: Lost Father" Not like an actual story that was published on this site, but a story that comes after the prologue of the story.

The stories are in relation to the actual story in some way--besides being a huge story that comes before the actual story. However, I will not explain how. That will either for the story or your minds to determine.

And if you do know what the stories are talking about, don't ruin it for the others.

Either way, with all that said, I hope you enjoy the first intermission chapter. I hope to see you all for the next chapter.

The queen made her way to the entrance to the hive, panting heavily from trying to run in her current position. Once reaching the entrance, she was struck with awe and surprise to see that a stallion stood in the entrance, gazing at the place like it was the strangest place he'd ever visited.

He turned to the queen--and to her surprise, instead of fleeing like most ponies did, he smiled. "It's nice to meet you," he said.

The queen stared at him. "Who... Who are you?" she asked back. "Why are you here?"

The stallion sighed. "I'm just looking for the truth," he simply said. "When you find out your life has been mostly a lie, you travel to many places to find the truth."

"The truth?"

He nodded. "And I never thought I'd come here..."

"What do you mean?"

"This world--I never thought I could see such beauty in a world that would end up so ruined."

"What's that supposed to mean? This world has beauty."

"I know, but give it several years, you might never look at it the same."

"That... doesn't sound reassuring at all after the news I just heard."

"What news?"

"News that told of dark times... and good times."

"Sounds like confusing news."

"When you're told of a prophecy that tells your own children doing such horrible things, you think the worse. And any news like what you told me makes me worry even more."

"Ah..." the stallion said, looking a bit more depressed. "I see... I'm sorry to make you worry even more."

"But, you said that you were looking for the truth," she reminded him. "Exactly... what truth are you looking for?"

"Well, a truth about myself actually. I've learned something that has made me start to doubt why I'm here."

"But... Wouldn't that already be the truth you were looking for?"

"No," he said, shaking his head. "That's a truth that made me doubt, while I'm looking for a truth that will reassure me."

"You're looking for another truth?"

He nodded. "Yeah... Two different truths; two different paths to take for each."

"Huh? What do you mean? Two paths?"

He nodded again. "One for each truth I find. By learning the first truth, I have come to doubt myself--doubt everything that I know and love. What I hope to accomplish by learning the second is to send me back on the path I should be taking."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I'm thinking that I shouldn't be here... Everything that I think I've done here is nothing more than a lie, and that someon- Somepony else should be in my place."

"You're... doubting your existence?"

"I am..."

"But why?"

"Because of the truth I learned."

"What truth?"

"One I probably should have learned a long time ago... It started out as a dream I once had. A single dream that said 'You've stolen it. I want it back'."

"Stolen?"

"That's what I mean. I think I shouldn't have been here... I think I stole something that I never meant to take."

"But... what did you take?"

The stallion looked at her with sad eyes, and with a rough sigh, his horn glowed for a second before a green flame erupted around him, revealing the form of a changeling.

With a new voice, she spoke to the queen again. "I stole a changeling's life."