• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 600 Views, 5 Comments

Nucor's Counterattack - Matthew Stone



Skull's father, Nucor, returns from the Next Dimension, or HFIL, bringing with him an army of zombie ponies! Can our heroes strike against this foe from the past?

  • ...
19
 5
 600

Nucor Saga--Doomsday

As Twilight gets back together with her friends, she looks at Skull with his worried face. As soon as he approaches her as well, he tells her about the quick steps Nucor took to trap everyone around the Crystal Empire to kill them all in the bomb blast. Twilight is engulfed in fear for everypony in the trap, and there are still zombies alive even without Nucor’s control. Tails and TJ help Flash up after he’s released from the spell and look at their friends. Discord rubs his palm on his forehead, anxious of what to do.

“THAT BASTARD!” Rainbow Dash shouts, referring to Nucor, “How can he do that?”

“He though of this as a game, that’s why he did it…” Skull sighs.

“If we don’t think of something soon, Celestia, Luna, and Cadence will die!” Twilight panics.

“Not to say I can help put peace to Equestria.” Discord tries to calm down, “Still, we know Celestia rules best. I can still transport us there to the empire on time so we can get all the other ponies out.”

“Including the princesses.” Flash sighs, coming back to consciousness, “But the bombs, they’re targeted at their times. We won’t have enough time.”

“Maybe we will…” Fireblaze grins, rubbing his chin.

“What do you mean?” Rainbow Dash asks.

“I have an idea.” Fireblaze shares, “I’ll find where the bombs are and use my ice powers to freeze them, whatever ice spell is left. They won’t hold the bombs for long though, but that could give you enough time to have all the other ponies evacuate from the castle. Nucor might have blocked all the entrances too, so we have to improvise and make our own exits.”

“Don’t forget my magic.” Discord adds.

“That could work.” Rainbow Dash nods.

“We need to get them out of the empire as well.” Twilight adds, “The debris that will fall from the explosion could be hazardous to those close by.”

“Right then.” Discord said, snapping his fingers.

It is then that all the gang is flashed to the Crystal Empire, ready for their mission.



Celestia, Luna, and Cadence are trying to calm everypony in front of them when they’re by the waterfall, knowing all entrances are blocked in front of them. The watery park is well connected to the kingdom, but Celestia didn’t anticipate that Nucor would plant explosives. Luna tries to build up her magic to help the others get away, but Nucor drained whatever was from the princesses really well.

“This has to be worked around somehow.” Cadence sighs.

“If Twilight were only outside, or inside… helping us think of a way…” Celestia hums.

FLASH!

“You called?” Twilight said, appearing in front of her with Discord’s poof.

“My subjects… friends… TWILIGHT!” Celestia cheers, rushing up to Twilight to hug her, “Are you aware of…”

“Yes…” Twilight sighs, “Fireblaze is taking care of the bombs right now.”



Fireblaze sped as fast as he can all around the kingdom when he uses his dragon vision to sense the bombs at his distance. He can see they’re strongly bolted to the crystal pillars of each palace building, shaped as bones made of wood. He zooms up his speed, going in front of the first bombs as he blows his icy breath to freeze the bombs from continuing their digital timing. Once he froze the bombs, he switches up his breath to make a signal in the sky, so his friends can see its time to make the next move.

William is finally involved, since he’s with the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Diamond Tiara. They all go into the castle while following Skull and Blade, just after they met up with them in their hiding spot in Ponyville. Their skills of finding the hidden bombs are like doing a scavenger hunt. Skull managed to use his scythe to tear open the stone blocked entrances that appeared inside the castle by Nucor’s previous power. So given their teamwork, the fillies rush into each corridor t0 locate the bombs Fireblaze froze and found, as they also meet up with Ian looking at the bombs. The diamond dog thinks hard and long of a way to build up his strength, so he can use it to tear out the bolts securing the bombs. The sticky situation feels of a bad taste of death quicksand.

Ian also stays by his side, as he sees Ian climb up the first pillar in front of him. Fireblaze mentioned that the bombs are impossible to tear off, but that doesn’t discourage Ian. Using his remaining strength he saved after that fight from the outside zombies from the empire, he pulls the first bomb with all his might. His muscles nearly tear, as he roars in rage to rip off the first bomb. The fillies gasp as Ian also grunts in pain, falling onto the floor with Leo catching him with his arms.

“Tearing… off the bombs will do no good.” Leo advises, “I think it will ruin your strength.”

“No. I should keep trying.” Ian assures, “Let’s keep going.”

As Leo nods at Ian’s assurance, the gang passes by Pinkie and Applejack attempting to buck-kick the bombs off the pillars. It doesn’t work, but they sigh in relief when they see Rainbow Dash guiding the young filly citizens out of the palace as they pass by them. The fillies’ parents are also following, as Rarity and Fluttershy stay behind them to make sure nopony else falls behind.



Tails and TJ were amazed when they see Ian being persistent to tear off the next three bombs, despite the paining strain developing in his arm muscles. The foxes help too, by diffusing the first three bombs Ian tears off after cracking the ice off them. Behind the foxes, Coco, Flash, and Cheese sandwich guide more pony citizens to calmly follow them to their improvising exit, as they soon come across a blocked entrance created by the zombies. Flash manages to use his sword to slice the blockage in half, splitting the rock into two. The entrance then shows a light and entrance to the palace garden, colorful of quartz and gems. The garden also has a stairway down to the village, having the citizens lose patience of waiting and running out to guide themselves over there.

William then squirms over to Cheese by surprise, and hands over whatever bombs Ian torn off into a bag… to him. Cheese is nervous and annoyed that William would do that, but he know the priority. They have to find a place to get rid of the bombs before they detonate.

“I’m just nervous…” William explains to Cheese about his hesitation, “Sorry if I’m being insecure.”

“No, you’re okay…” Cheese said.

Fireblaze then lands in front of Cheese Sandwich, as he looks at the frozen bombs in shock. He then looks to see that medic ponies are carrying Ian out, having bandages and casts wrapped around his arms. Fluttershy eventually meets up with them, soothing Ian and calming him down from suffering.

“You torn off all the bombs with your bare paws?” Fireblaze asks him.

“Had to…” Ian grins.

“Amazing.” Fireblaze grins, “But now we need to think of a place to send the bombs before they melt and explode.”

“How much time do we have?” Cheese Sandwich asks.

Fireblaze looks at the timers on the bombs.

TWO MINUTES!

The other ponies gasp when they see this with him. They already ran out of time! It’s all too late…

“We failed…” Fireblaze moans.

Discord and Skull then appear by them, also noticing in shock. The case is simple, is somepony were to use whatever power they have, the powerful bomb will take them down and have them dead either way. And even if one uses their teleportation spell, it can only be used once after Nucor’s zombie aura worn down some magic… some…

Skull then knew, he had some spell left inside of him.

Discord looks at Fireblaze.

“Is that all the bombs from…” he starts to ask.

“Yes…” Fireblaze sighs in sadness.

Twilight rushes the princesses and citizens from the distant exit close to where the gang is sadly standing, then noticing…. SKULL IS GRABBING THE BOMBS! The alicorn figured out that time may have been run out, but is Skull really going to…

Skull then bows his head down, and looks up at Discord.

“Transport me to where my dad is…” Skull requests to Discord, “Manehatten might be a dead city anyway.”

“But Skull…” Discord protests.

“DO IT! YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE!” Skull screams.

Discord snaps his fingers at Skull’s fierce command. In an instant, Skull poofs to drop the bombs in Manehatten, far away from the Crystal Empire. Celestia looks with Twilight in shock, realizing Skull is sacrificing his life to save his friends.



As Skull finally poofs, he sees in front of the abandoned city, still holding the bombs. He then sees he’s in front of his father’s dead body. Then, the corpse sighs…

Skull froze.

NUCOR IS ALIVE.

But not for long. The evil father is still swallowing up his last breath. Skull just looks at his father in curiosity.

“So… this was your choice… wasn’t it?” Nucor whispers to his son, “Well good job. And if case if you’re wondering where your mother is, she’s free. Her whole sprit is free. Had to let her go after the curse is broken. Heck, all my undeads are finally fucked and over with. YOU… finally got what you wanted from me. Since I’m done… I must apologize to you…”

This surprises Skull.

“Ever since the dark cloud… NIGHTMARE MOON… got me involved, I snapped from the reluctance… and I manipulated MYSELF to have the cloud allowed to control my mind. I lost sanity after the first apocalypse I caused years ago, right before I was defeated by your mother, and Celestia herself. I should have got some time spent with… knowing you more. Now… as for Discord and Fluttershy…”

Skull is surprised that he brought them up.

“I want them both to be your friends as much as everypony you finally got together with. I’m also sure Fluttershy might be the special somepony for you. Heh. I should have ended up in Tartarus for punishment, but perhaps… this… this death will help me understand peace. You got to make a good future for yourself son… good….bye….”

Nucor breathes out his last breath as death finally took him, having Skull drip out a tear as he finally forgave his father for realizing something that’s right.

“Goodbye father.” Skull said, shutting his eyelids.

He then drops the bomb, and runs for the hills as fast as he can. The timer beeps faster and faster as Skull goes farther as he can. It beeps one last time before…

BLAM!

Author's Note:

As Skull says his goodbyes to his father, the bomb has detonated!! Will Skull’s chi be strong enough to allow him to survive? Or is this the final curtain for the young hero?