• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 11,917 Views, 248 Comments

Swords, Sorcery and Shenanigans - FrostTheWolf



Getting stuck in a world full of talking ponies? That is not the best way celebrate someone's 18th birthday. Follow Nicko as he tries to make sense of the world he's now in and not get killed in the process. Based off of the Burning Crusadr

  • ...
31
 248
 11,917

Chapter 8: Cold Blooded

Author's Note:

Okay, so this is one of the Longest chapters that I have done and also one that has SPOILERS for the burning crusader, so please read at your own risk. Additionally, I wanted to make sure that for this chapter that I got it from multiple perspectives. Additionally, ElementBrigade is a good partner when it comes to helping me write Amy, Molly, and her characters.

Hint: If you have seen Anchorman, then you know what Diamond Tiara called Ciela.

Swords, Sorcery and Shenanigans- Cold Blooded


Anson normally hated it when he woke up in the morning because it was usually the same old routine. Eat a bowl of cereal, get dressed, study or find something to pass the time. However, the morning he woke up in canterlot was not like any other mornings.

First off, he woke up in the middle of the night to dreams of his parents disappearance. This was followed by the small conversation he had with Artemis before they ran into Eris and Celestia being chased by a bladegunner in a blue trench coat. When they did clash, The Infinity Sword discovered that this individual was actually his father, Luke Nocte. Not long after they finally reunited though, they both had to hurry over to the hall of Elements since his brother Nicko was actually fighting his mother. When they finally got there though, his mother had figured out who Nicko was and the Nocte family was fully able to reunite after being separated for twelve years (about a millenia for Luke and Ciela give or take the 1000 years they were in stone).

Now though, it was after his parents told everypony the story of how they were turned to stone. Anson offered to help out Pinkie Pie with making todays breakfast; or as she called it, Cake Batter Pancakes. The Infinity Sword thought of this moment as a good way for him to learn necessary life skills. Back at the orphanage, he always was in the kitchen cooking his own meals for both him, Nicko, and even Leo at times. He also spent just as much time with baking treats to surprise all the other children and staff members there. Plus, he enjoyed having Pinkie Pie by him. The two of them immediately became friends yesterday when he helped her make a ten foot tall chocolate cake. Nevertheless, the pink party pony enjoyed Anson’s company.

The two of them had now just entered the kitchen as Pinkie pulled out a pen and paper list from out of nowhere and began to inspect it. Despite the circumstances in which the list appeared, The teen soon took the guess that the paper was a list of ingredients needed for making the pancakes.

“Alright!! Let’s get started!” Pinkie Pie cheered gleefully.

“Okay, what can I help out with?”

“Oh Ansy Pants, you do really know how to be kind to a mare… Could you get the mixing bowl from the top left cabinet, pretty please?!”

‘Ansy Pants? That’s a new one in the book of nicknames.’ Anson thought to himself as he got out the bowl just like Pinkie Pie asked him to. He was thankful that everything was cleaned from yesterday. Probably due to the servants that work in the castle or maybe just magic? It could work similar to how the broom servants worked like in Fantasia with Mickey and Yen Sid. He diminished the thought inside his head after getting the bowl and setting it down, only to find Pinkie Pie back already with the ingredients.

‘When did she even leave? ...You know what, who really cares? I’m random at times and she’s random at times. It’s a win-win.’ He told himself. “So, what do we do next?”

“Heehee… I need your help with the mixing. Crack all those eggs over there and pour them in.” Pinkie Pie told him, pointing to a pile of eight eggs laying there in a small bowl. Anson did so, ignoring the questioning thought of why so many of them when Pinkie Pie plopped a whole bowl of flour and other ingredients. Once that was done, all Anson saw was a pink spinning blur almost like a whirlwind as it mixed everything together for about two to three minutes. Anson himself used the moment to prepare the griddle as he put on the same apron he wore yesterday.

The front of it said “Keep calm and Party with Pinkie.”

By the time the Party Pony had done enough mixing to make her head spin and her eyeballs bounce around inside her head like a pinball machine, Anson had the griddle ready and was prepared to start flipping flapjacks (No pun on Applejack intended). He was able to put on eight pancakes at a time and was quick enough to continue doing so. He began thinking about the moment in the deadpool comic books involving pancakes as well, which in total made him think about what was happening right now.

“I love the smell of pancakes in the morning… Smells like victory!”

“That’s the spirit Sonny!!” He heard Pinkie Pie cheer him on like he was in a race to see who could cook the most amount of pancakes in half an hour. Even though it technically was not a race, Anson still saw it as a challenge. It was different from the challenges he had faced previously with him fighting both the bandits in Appleloosa and his Brother in Ponyville, but it was one that made him eager to see what the results were. Cracking his knuckles and holding the two spatulas he was using in his hands, the Infinity Sword began to challenge himself.


Half an hour later

“Whoo...whee. That finishes that. You did a super duper job, Ansy Pants.”

“Hey Anson, Your brother and father were wondering how you were doing in- oh, WHAT THE HELL!?!”

When Ciela walked into the kitchen, she was treated to the sight of twenty places full of pancakes that were towering up and almost was twice as tall as her small size. It looked like they had been cooking for hours when only thirty minutes had passed and everypony else had already eaten a small appetizer since they were waiting on the pancakes Pinkie pie was making.

“Oh hey mom.” Anson said cheerfully like nothing out of the ordinary was going on. “We just finished making the Pancakes.”

“Y-you… made… all of those?”

“Well, Pinkie Pie mixed all the ingredients together. I was cooking with the griddle.” Anson clarified as he took off the Apron and hung it back up. “Something tells me we made a lot of leftovers though.”

“Hey Anson, hows the cooking coming along-?”

That was when Twilight came in and froze at the sight of everything inside the kitchen. “Twilight, do you think you can help us take these out to the dining table?”

“I-i… well, yes I can.” The alicorn replied as she zapped the plates with all the food on them, making them disappear. The four of them could hear the sounds of everypony in the dining room being surprised by the sight. Anson then grinned as he began to walk on out to the main hall.

He had a feeling that today was going to be a good day as he sat down in between Nicko and Pinkie Pie. His brother felt the same way as everypony was enjoying breakfast. The two brothers were happy.


Some time later

“Man, you made one hell of a breakfast Anson!” Leo complimented him as the two brothers were with their friend and Caliburn out in the hallway.

“Thanks man. I appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome.” The Reckless Fist said, noticing two other individuals coming out of the hall. Leo couldn’t get the chance to talk with them, so he wondered who they were exactly. “Hey. Do you guys know who are those two guys over there?”

Nicko turned around, only to notice that he was pointing at Luke and Ciela. Chuckling, he sighed a little as he looked at his friend. “Something tells me that you’re not in the loop.” He waved his hand at them and then motioned with his hand for them to come on over if they were able to. Out of both of them, the male in the Navy trench coat walked on over as the girl in the hood walked into another hallway. Once close enough, Nicko began to speak again.

“Leo, I would like you to meet Luke. He’s my father.”

“Wait a minute, I thought your father disappeared along with your mother?” Leo asked. The three Nocte’s sighed and began to explain everything to the both of them. Due to Leo and Caliburn using last night as a training session, they couldn’t hear or see the noise that was going on in the hall of elements. Flash Sentry was able to see it though, but was in such a hurry that he forgot to tell the two about what was going on.

As the conversation continued, Nicko soon excused himself so he could get the chance to walk around and talk with other people. Of course, Eris was inside his head again. But he now felt like he was hearing different things at random times. This continued more as he walked on out into Canterlot square. But now he heard snippets of Eris giggling.

‘Eris? What are you doing?’

‘Um… Nothing?’

‘We both know that’s not true. Just what are you doing inside my head?’ Nicko asked as he turned another street corner.

‘I’m checking out all the apps you have.’

‘Oka- Wait… I have apps?’

He could hear the draconequus giggle again playfully as the Rune Slayer sighed. The teen lifted up his head and looked up across the street. Nicko could see that a clothing store that was on the next street corner had busted up glass windows. It looked like the place got torn apart by a ravaging animal with clothes everywhere and many workers trying to get the place cleaned up. Among one of them though was a figure in a pair of khakis and a collared shirt that had a slick black mane and a cutie mark of three sacks of money. He looked like he was their boss based on his description, but something made Nicko think he was like one of the guys on Shark Tank. Like Kevin O’Leary or Mark Cuban, but as an earth pony stallion who was a business entrepreneur and billionaire investor.

That’s when somepony behind him caught his attention. “Hello again, Mr. Nocte.” Turning around, Nicko was greeted by the sight of Ms. Lauren Order. She wasn’t quite in a business suit like when the teen last saw her, but instead in a set of casual clothes to match with the summer weather.

“Hello to you too, Ms. Order.” Nicko addressed respectfully. The earth pony chuckled a little at the display of manners he was showing despite the fact that she already told him that he didn’t have to address her by that way. The Rune Slayer saw it as a way to be kind and proper. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

“What brings you to Canterlot?” The mayor of Los Pegasus asked.

“Well, we have some important things to discuss due to recent events. Everything feels like a Roller Coaster ride, honestly.” He said, putting his right hand behind him to scratch his head, looking a little bit like he took on too much work and accidently overdid it. “Remember when I told you about my brother?”

Lauren nodded her head, remembering her conversation with Nicko from three days ago.

“Well, I ran into him yesterday,” Nicko told her as he looked back up, seeing him across the courtyard with Pinkie Pie. The Rune Slayer pointed him out so Lauren was able to see who he was. “That’s him over there. His name is Anson and Pinkie Pie has grown quite accustomed to him.”

“He seems to be having fun.” She replied back, seeing Anson playing a couple of arcade games with Pinkie Pie so they could win a huge Plushie that was the grand prize.

“Anything that’s a new experience for him is fun. He’s just as energetic as Pinkie and honestly, the only person I know who could actually keep up with her.”

The two of them now noticed that the earth pony stallion that was in the khakis was walking over towards the two of them. “Sorry about that Lauren, I was preoccupied with trying to check on the amount of inventory we still had in store…… Who’s your friend?”

“Apology accepted brother,” Lauren replied back. “Remember the boy who risked his life to save me on the train? Well, this is him.”

“I’m Nicko Nocte, nice to meet you sir.” He said to the stallion, gesturing for a handshake. The earth pony smiled, accepting the handshake.

“Filthy Rich, though I prefer being called Rich. Being called Filthy doesn’t really fit with me.” Eris herself snickered inside Nicko’s head upon mentioning the last part, which Nicko ignored as he looked at the store.

“So, what exactly happened here?”

“Well, from what some of the employees here yesterday told me as well as my daughter, a group of three girls were in here and one of them named Sweetie Belle attacked My Diamond Tiara for no reason. Of course, not everything that is said is normally true, so we’re going through the debris to see if there was any evidence to show what really happened.”

Nicko remembered hearing about this last night when Amy was talking with the girls. “No reason? At all?”

“None.”

“That sounds very suspicious if you ask me. Not to offend anyone, but from where I’ve come from, no one does anything without a reason for doing it.” Nicko told the earth pony as he tried to remember the conversation he overheard yesterday. He was now in Sherlock Holmes mode (without the pipe). “What’s your daughters relationship with Sweetie Belle?”

“Well, they’re classmates. But when Diamond talks about them, she’s always talking about them like troublemakers trying to harm her. The same thing happened with the human named Molly and she was the one who saved Ponyville with her sister.” Eris again snickered, referring to when she saw Molly hang both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon up on the top of the school's flagpole by their underwear. Dismissing the disturbing thought from his mind, he took this and tried to put everything he knew together.

“Rich, I don’t think Sweetie Belle is to blame for this.”

“You don’t? What’s your proof?” The business stallion asked him.

“When I saw her yesterday, she was very angry because of something Diamond Tiara had said inside the store about her sister. You might know her as Rarity Belle?”

“The Owner of the Carousel Boutique?”

Nicko nodded his head to answer Filthy Rich’s question. A new question though took place of the old one.

“But what exactly would my little Tiara say that would cause this to happen?” Nicko wondered himself as he noticed something from the debris. Picking it up and brushing the dust and glass off of it, The rune Slayer proceeded to asking a new question.

“Would this happen to be a recording of some sorts?”

“Yes, it must be from the security cameras we had set up. The audio crystal still seems to be intact, but the footage from the video camera is a goner.” Filthy Rich told him as he detached the crystal from the leftover cartridge. It took Nicko thirty second to figure out how the device worked, but he soon had the audio playing.

“Ugh, It’s you Blank flanks.”

“That’s… Diamond Tiara’s voice.”

“What are you two doing here?”

“Well -if you must know- we were enjoying ourselves. Shopping for new clothes, that is until you freaks came along. What is with that weird outfit of yours? Are those the only clothing you could find in the lost and found?”

The audio continued to keep playing, revealing more of the conversation as seconds turned into minutes. Then, the one moment in the conversation that defined the events that happened was said. Both Lauren and Rich could not believe what they heard.

“But that’s not fair! Who do you think you are? You can’t do that!”

“We can because we are rich and you are poor. So, what are you going to do about it? Call your *censored for obvious reasons* sister, Rarity on us?”

“ ……… What did you say?”

“Oh no.”

“Diamond, you better st-.”

“What, you didn’t know? I mean you have heard the rumor about your sister inviting colts into her shop late at night?”

What played out next was the final straw that released the raging demon inside Sweetie Belle and a loud SMACK!! that could be heard across the store. Rich couldn’t even believe what he was hearing. This was exactly the opposite of what he was told by his daughter. Nicko though had another feeling. A bad feeling that some more trouble would be brewing very soon.


Elsewhere,

Ciela was calmly walking through the streets of the huge metropolis that was Canterlot. She had not been in this city in a long time and thought it would be a good chance to get herself familiar with the town once again. Many things have changed, including the people here.

She saw one of her sons with the pink earth pony called “Pinkie Pie” winning a extra large Ursa Major plushie and competing at a variety of arcade games that were open because of the summer sun celebration as well as her other son walking around town. The Chiliarch felt glad to be able to reunite with her children again last night. Still though, she was really surprised by how skilled Nicko was in combat. He reminded her of Luke when it came to fighting with weapons.

Then there was meeting Amy and Molly. The children of her best friend, Jane Anderson. They definitely had traits that reminded Ciela of her friend. Especially Amy. Even though the two of them looked nothing like their mother, they still resembled her in different ways that wasn’t so obvious.

After coming across the barracks for the royal guards, the Chiliarch could hear some sounds come from the training yard. The sounds of swords clashing. Curious at what the commotion was, Ciela followed the noise. It lead her to the training yard, where she was seeing Amy spar with her apprentice, Scootaloo.

The two of them were only training using their weapons right now and Ciela could think of the reason why. Combat skills are not as effective if you can’t keep a tight grip on your weapon. Scootaloo was trying her best as she held her sword to block Amy’s attacks. But then, she was caught off guard when the Blazing heart used her right foot to kick her apprentice down to the ground and catch her off guard. Even her friends and Molly were surprised by how Amy was able to surprise Scootaloo with that move of hers. The Orange pegasus though, despite being pushed to the ground, didn’t let it hold her down as she jumped back onto her hooves. But she still had something to say to the Blazing Heart.

“Oww! Amy, I thought this was suppose to test my fighting skills!! Theres no kicking in swordsmanship!”

“Yeah, but not everypony when it comes to combat fights fairly.” Amy instructed her apprentice as she helped brush the dust off of Scootaloo’s shoulders. “Did you notice what’s the one thing that could’ve helped you stand your ground?” The little pyro knight shook her head, but Ciela knew the answer. She walked on into the yard, answering the question for Amy.

“It’s the placement of your hooves.” The Chiliarch told her as she resembled a defensive stance, planting her feet down on the ground. “Your upper body strength helps you with your sword, but your lower body reflects on balance. The stronger your stance, the more power you can put in your upper body.” She then gave a small demonstration by throwing a few punches, drawing power from her hips and legs.

“Well, I didn’t expect to have any visitors for our training session,” Molly added on. “Shouldn’t you be with your husband, Ms. Nocte?”

“Luke is helping out Leo and his companion go through those files on the changelings so I used the chance to walk around. I heard you guys training so I thought I see what was going on and help you guys out.”

“What about Nicko and Anson?”

“Both of the boys are doing their own thing,” She answered Sweetie Belle’s question. “Anson was with Pinkie Pie trying to get a few prizes at the Arcade and Nicko was with Eris talking to a couple of locals.”

“Did Anson win anything?”

“Last time I checked, he was holding a huge Ursa Major teddie bear.”

“Aww……” All three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders sadly moaned in Unison. “We tried winning that yesterday and we were so close!”

“Yeah, we could’ve stayed longer if someone didn’t cause a panic at the clothing store that you busted, Sweetie Belle.” Molly said, her tone being sincere.

“Hey, Diamond Tiara crossed a line. She deserved it for what she called Rarity!”

“Yes, but actions speak a lot louder than words.” Ciela said. “Just... what exactly did you do to her?”

“I punched her.”

Ciela groaned a little as the whole story was explained to her with all the gruesome details, from what this girl said to what unfolded throughout the entire day. Something told her that Sweetie Belle needed a way to SERIOUSLY let loose her anger. She looked around a little bit to see what she could do to help the white unicorn. She found a wooden training dummy in the back courtyard to use as a target. Now to find a weapon for her……

That would be the most difficult for Ciela to figure out. She sounds like somepony to use her fists and hooves, but isn’t like Applebloom where she had a lot of leg strength from Apple bucking. Maybe a weapon to work with her Magic?

“Uhh… What are you doing, Ciela?”

“Trying to find something that you three can use to take out your anger on… because apparently, you have a LOT of it.” Ciela told her as she got a piece of paper and wrote on it. Taking some tape, she taped up the sign that said “Diamond Tiara” on it and drew a silly face. “Now, since all of you have some possible fighting experience, I want each of you -one at a time- to release your anger out on this dummy.”

That seemed to do just the trick. Seconds after Ciela instructed them, Scootaloo charged at the dummy. The Chiliarch had only seconds to run before the girls released an all out blitz on the poor wooden structure. Amy and Molly were quite surprised that did the trick as well. “Whoa!”

Ciela was chuckling to herself as she watched the Cutie Mark Crusaders furiously unleash a storm upon the structure. “Works every time……”

Molly, now interested, turned towards Ciela. “Every time?”

“I used this similar method to teach the boys how to deal with bullies in kindergarten. They might have almost gotten kicked out, but you’ve should have seen the look on the teachers face when she heard about it! Your mom also got a kick out of it as well.”

“Our mom?” Amy asked.

“Of course. You were practically in the same class as the boys.”

“So wait… Nicko and Anson were the boys that I stole candy from?”

“You were always the mischievous type.” Ciela told the Blazing Heart of them as she helped herself up onto a nearby tree.

“Despite the early years, the three of you were always finding ways to get in trouble and have fun with each other. Tell me something though… What were Nicko and Anson like when they were growing up… you know… Without Luke and I?”

That was a hard question to answer.

“Well… When we first heard about it, we didn’t know who it was until after we saw them. Our mother had them stay in the Orphanage that she had opened and they were the first of many guests that were to follow. We really wanted to see them and mom promised we could, but that was before she had surgery a year later… and didn’t make it.”

“Oh dear god…” Ciela cursed. She didn’t know her best friend had actually passed away.

“After that, we started homeschooling. Our dad though was always busy and never spent any real time with us. But during this time though, we had our friend Yuri help us. She was a maiden that helped take care of us, but treated us like a mother. So in a way, Yuri is our mother/maiden and was taking good care of us.” Molly cleared her voice before continuing in place of Amy.

“When Amy first disappeared though, I didn’t know if it was some joke of hers or if she was really gone. Day after day, week after week, month after month passed until it was a few years later and she never came home at all. Yuri went to investigate, but got fired for doing so. Then… I just wanted to find my sister. So, I went to the same store and was convinced to buy this outfit and moments later, I end up here. All five of those years and I only find out that it was only a day or two here in Equestria. Despite my sister being… random at times, I still appreciate her being there by me. Sisters stay together after all.”

The Chiliarch couldn’t agree more. She wondered what her sons felt while she and Luke were gone, but now was thankful for being able to be by their side along with being by the side of the two daughters of her best friend. Now though, was when they noticed that the dummy they left alone a few minutes ago was thrashed around and turned to ash by the works of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The three of them stood proudly over the destroyed heap of ash as they cheered on their success and we’re boasting about how they will be able to teach Diamond Tiara a lesson she would never forget.

However, despite all of this, none of them noticed the bystander that was watching them say all those words. Words that she didn’t like to hear from the likes of them.

“What was that you were saying about me, you blank flanks?”

Ciela turned her head to see that the girl that they were talking about and also her best friend has just walked in through the street entrance. Acting like the snotty brats that the two of them were known for. Judging from the way her emotions were, she had a bone to pick. But not just with the Cutie Mark Crusaders for what happened yesterday at the clothing store she and Silver Spoon were at. She had one to pick with Molly as well. For the time the human humiliated her when she strung the two of them up on top of the School’s flagpole like they were clothes hung up to dry.

“You three caused a huge mess the other day. One that my father has to spend all day fixing with my aunt while your sisters friends are playing games and having fun.”

“Oh really now?” Ciela shot back after she got out of the tree. “What can you prove that they are the mess? Or are you just using it to try and entertain yourself?”

THEY, broke the rules!” Diamond snarled as she pointed a finger at the three of them. “Only customers with Cutie Marks are suppose to be allowed insi-.”

“Oh god, here we go again… Blame it on the rulebreakers. Like you suppose to be some angel that hides behind that Tiara and your fathers bank account.” That insult made the girls behind her go “Oooh!” like they were wanting to know how she was going to come back to that. Apparently, Diamond though had a few words of her own to say.

“Hey, unlike my father, you look like you took some bedsheets and rags off the streets and called them clothes, you filthy street rat!!”

“Coming from the royal pain in the ass that you’re suppose to be. I’ve raised two kids and have a husband! All you have is a friend that looks like your personal secretary.”

“DAMN!!” Amy hollered in response. “This is getting interesting.”

“How can you be able to raise kids for someone your age? Aren’t you suppose to be thirteen-.”

“Thirty.” Ciela corrected. “Which is probably the amount of times you had to have your tail be stuck in between your legs for being a whiny b**** that can’t do sh*t for herself unless her father writes her a check.”

Now this was beginning to turn into a show. The emotions brewing in the air would result in an all out catfight between the two. One with words, no less. But Diamond Tiara also had some fighting words of her own.

“Thirty? You look a little too small to be a little old lady that dresses like a dirty smelly pirate (Censored again for obvious reasons).”

Now that was what lit Ciela’s anger like a forest fire. One, calling her small and little. Two, calling her an old lady. Third, the prime insult. Diamond Tiara followed her insult by throwing a stone at Ciela, which was dodged due to her Combat Readiness passive skill. The rock however, landed on the one place that you would not want it to crash on if you were Diamond Tiara right now.

Amy’s face.

The Blazing heart, now with a bruise on her face that was dripping a bit of blood wiped the blood off her forehead. She looked at Ciela with the same expression of rage on her face as the Chiliarch. One that would express an expression that says “You screwed up bad, kid.”

“Hey Amy. Why don’t we play a game with this little one?”

The sentence by itself made Silver Spoon run for the hills, leaving her friend all alone. Diamond Tiara should’ve run when she had the chance.

“What kind of game?” Amy asked with a devilish tone in her voice.

“A game of tag… And this little weasel is IT!!”


Back at the clothing store

Moments after meeting with Lauren Order and Filthy Rich, one other pony that Nicko knew came by for a quick hello. A white Unicorn with an Electronic blue mane and tail. She caught the teens attention by tapping his shoulder. The Rune Slayer himself was surprised to see her.

“Well well well, I didn’t expect to see the ‘Friendship Express Eidolon’ in Canterlot. I thought with all the hero stuff you’ve been doing that you would need to take a break.”

“I barely can catch a break, Vinyl.” The teen told her. “Something crazy always happens the longer I’m here. Did I ever tell you that I had a brother named Anson?”

“No, not really. But Octavia mentioned it after she heard about it from her friend, Lauren Order. She also mentioned to me about your missing parents”

“Well, heres the thing. He and I had a duel yesterday morning that was suppose to be against Amy until she mistook him for me. You might’ve seen him around today since he’s with Pinkie Pie.”

“That red head was him?”

Nicko nodded, but before he could say anything regarding his parents, he was interrupted by the sounds of screams and something rumbling. It sounded like an earthquake, but the ground wasn’t shaking. Nicko turned around, wondering what the commotion was about. That question was answered almost immediately when he saw Amy and Ciela chasing a girl around the age of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The girls themselves were with Molly, trying to catch up to them. But the two Femme Fatales were let loose like wolves hunting prey. Once they start the hunt, there was nothing that could stop them. Nicko sighed deeply, facepalming himself at the sure embarrassment of what was going on. This looked so wrong on so many levels that he couldn’t even begin to describe why. Especially since Vinyl was the one who was confused the most out of the three ponies that were nearby.

“Uhh, what is going on?”

“Is that… Diamond?”

“Who’s the girl in the hoodie chasing her with the oversized claws-?”

Lauren, Rich and Vinyl did not expect though Nicko to curse as Diamond was now running towards his direction. “Oh god damn it… WHAT THE HELL-!!?!”

He didn’t even get the chance to finish his statement when the light pink earth pony raced around behind him and tried to hide herself by using him as a barrier. “Please protect me! These mongrels are trying to hurt me!”

“Only because YOU offended me.” Ciela shouted back.

“You offended my mother?!”

“Wait, SHE’S YOUR MOM!!?!” The reaction came from both Diamond Tiara and Vinyl Scratch. Almost in unison. Both Lauren Order and Filthy Rich were also shocked. Lauren even thought that the boy’s parents were dead because of the way he looked when she mentioned the topic on the train to Ponyville three days earlier.

“Yes and it’s been only almost a few hours after I finally reunited with my children and you had the audacity to call me a filthy street rat!!”

“If she offended you, then why is Amy chasing her as well?” Nicko asked.

“That little b*tch threw a rock and it hit my face!!”

“Only because Ms. Hood here dodged it-!” Diamond Tiara tried to protest until she was shut up again by Ciela and Amy’s joint verbal abuse.

Then came the punchline that sealed the deal from the Chiliarch. “We were only trying to defend Applebloom and her friends until she made it personal when she called me a little old lady that dresses like a dirty smelly pirate (Thank god this is censored).”

Now, Nicko was speechless. This little wretch crossed a major boundary and now, he was as equally pissed as his mother. “So……” He asked, now looking back at the pissed off Pyromancer and the cheesed off Chiliarch. “She offended you, called you little and old, threw a rock that hit Amy in the face and you expect me to just hand her over?”

Both of them just nodded her heads. Diamond Tiara was just looking like a scared and lost puppy right around now as she looked at Nicko, hoping for protection. However, what she got was exactly the opposite.

“Then by all means, teach her a lesson.” The teen remarked as he now stepped behind the earth pony and lightly tapped her.

“What the hay are you doing!? Don’t you know who I am?!”

“Of course,” The Rune Slayer commented as the Cutie Mark Crusaders had just arrived. “I had a talk with your father and things were going good until we found the Audio recording that led to the reason why this store was destroyed the other day.” Nicko was now holding the audio crystal from the camera and played a little snippet. Diamond Tiara’s expression was now one of despair as she looked at her upset dad.

“I am so disappointed in you, young lady.” Filthy rich soon walked over and had her daughter be by his side as they walked off. In a last ditch effort though, she made one last cry to Nicko.

“H-help me!!”

“Sorry, I don’t get involved in family matters.”

“You’re evil!!!”

“Nope, I’m just a bystander in all of this. You only have yourself to blame.”

Ciela was surprised about how this played out. Her son was calm and collective, but stern and opposing. He taught the brat a lesson without having to use force. The Cutie Mark Crusaders soon jumped up over Nicko and gave him their thanks for what he was able to do. The Chiliarch himself was proud of her son. Despite his emotions, he kept his cool and not let them spill overboard.

“So… now what should we do?”

“Well, I was trying to do some training…” Scootaloo said, thinking to herself. Then, she had an idea. “I know!! Why don’t both you and Amy train me!?”

Both The Rune Slayer and The Blazing Heart looked at each other moments after the suggestion. The little Pyro Knight had just come up with a great idea that the both of them could offer their assistance with. Nicko only had one question now though

“When do we get started?” Scootaloo pounced on the opportunity, grabbing Nicko by the hand and pulling him all the way to where the girls were last. The trail left behind by Nicko’s greatsword almost resembled tire tracks when car wheels are burning rubber. He tried his best to keep up, but the eager apprentice kept on yanking him like he was walking a puppy on a leash. By the time they arrived, his arm felt like it was getting yanked off.

“Okay, how does this work?”

“Well, I was wanting to learn more on combat so I can help other ponies. Maybe you can help me so I can help them.”

“So let me get this straight… You’re asking me to be your… life coach?”

“Yes!” She squealed cheerfully, “What should I do, coach?”

Nicko sighed to himself for a minute. “Step one, never call me “coach” again.” Now noticing Scootaloo giving two thumbs up like a school filly, Nicko had her put her hands down and relax. “Step 2, never do that again. Step 3, let’s see what you need to make you the most badass apprentice ever.”


Meanwhile, in the halls of Canterlot, three individuals were busy going through case files that involved incidents with the Changelings and placing each one on the map with a thumbtack. The Reckless Fist named Leo was trying to think through what everypony could possibly be overlooking. Then, he notice something in the little web of locations that he was making. Taking the angle of each one, he used a marker and a ruler to draw out a straight line.

Of course, there was a method to his madness. All the lines he drew were converged at one point and he knew a lot about insects like the changelings he was told about, the swarm must have some kind of underground network of tunnels that lead back to wherever they considered home. His hard work and almost sleepless night was finally rewarded when he made a major breakthrough. Even he himself was shocked at the results.

“Oh Horseapples!!”


Half an hour later,

After seeing a basic combat demonstration from Scootaloo, Nicko now knew how to help the filly improve upon what she had already been taught previously. Of course, even though a Pyro Knight’s skills were a lot different from a Rune Slayer’s, there were still some similarities that could be used by the teen to help teach her a few things. It was effective for her to know these now while she was still learning. Out of her friends, Applebloom decided to stay behind and watch while Sweetie Belle and Babs seed decided to go exploring with Molly and Ciela. She was a little bit bored, but soon came across an old textbook that was by a combat crossbow she happened to find nearby. Nopony seemed to be paying attention though, as Nicko was giving pointers to Scootaloo on her defensive stance.

“Okay, Scootaloo. Your arms are in the right place, but your grip needs to be tighter so you don’t drop your weapon. Have a strong posture with your legs and make sure to bend your knees before any big overhead slashes. You’ve almost fallen flat on your face a few times before because you lost your balance.”

Applebloom herself decided to take her eyes off the three of them for a minute as she flipped to the front page of the book. To her surprise, she could read the words as she saw a crest with what appeared to be a crescent apple. But turned into a new kind of Sigil as she heard a soft song enter her head. The song imbued her soul with power and strenght. She did not know it just yet, but something strong was inside of her. Something she never even knew she had.

The young earth pony soon took the textbook and the crossbow that was there and put them in her saddlebag. “Hey Scootaloo, Ah’m goin to catch up with you later. Ah want to see how Applejack’s day went.”

“Okay, stay safe!” Amy told her as she left the training yard. “Something feels off about her though.”

“Define off, Amy.”

“It’s almost similar to the feeling I felt when Scootaloo became a Pyro Knight. A flow of power and newfound energy……”

Applebloom herself was busy trying to navigate through the streets of the City as dusk was close to approaching. Many ponies were trying to get home and traffic was beginning to flow. Her bag accidently hit somepony as she was trying to go through the courtyard.

“Ah’m sorry!” She called out as the earth pony turned around. However, who she bumped into was now starting to scare her.

“Oh I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to scare you… I was just wondering where your Blazing Heart friend of yours is.”

Applebloom soon did the one thing instinct told her to do. Run. But running from someone who has crossed the borderline of insanity was dead near impossible. Especially when he had his weapons primed and his taste for destruction at an all time high.

“GRAVITY BUSTER!!!”

The attack the psychotic human executed rained down death from above as it set off a massive explosion in the courtyard. Hundreds of innocent bystanders were thrown backwards like a bomb had went off. The overall panic of the situation had gone through the roof as this would be described by some as a terrorist incident. All that was in the courtyard right now was Eric and the red maned earth pony with a bow in her hair.

“You… little one… are interesting.” Eric commented, his voice sounding like the hissing of a Cobra. “I feel power from you, but you refuse to display it-.”

That was when a fresh red apple hit Eric on the side of the head, followed by a switch kick to his face. However, it wasn’t Applebloom who did that though. But somepony else she knew.

“Sugarcube! Are ya alright?”

“Applejack, run!! He’s the one who caused the explosion just now!!!”

However, her words were fallen on deaf ears as a electric ball of plasma energy struck the element of honesty. Before she could even do anything to fight back, Eric had used his first attack to corner her and continued his rampage. He was surprised that the mare could take a beating and still stand. Therefore, he continued to thrash out at her with all his might. This even included one instant where the Diabolical Esper hurt the Apple Farmer severely by striking her in the chest and breaking her ribs.

Now, Eric used his powers to have the beaten pony rendered useless so he could deal the final blow. Applebloom knew she needed to do something. She had to!! For her sister's sake!!! Taking the box from her bag, she found the book that she held in her hands and placed it to her heart, praying for a miracle. But to her surprise, she didn’t know that she herself would become that miracle.

Time felt like it slowed to a complete stop as Applebloom saw the book fade away into mini balls of light that resembled fireflies. The small masses touched her fur and her clothes, covering her in a basking light. The young earth pony now began to feel alive again as memories of the techniques she read about were inscribed into her mind. Lastly, the crossbow that was on the ground was now along her wrist.

A small rhyme echoed through her mind as time now began to return to normal. One that set the next string of events in motion.

‘I am the wind that moves with the birds and the trees,

through the lowest of valleys and the highest of Peaks,

I fly like a phoenix and sting like a bee,

and protect family and friends through the wind in which you sneak.’

Applebloom now reopened her eyes and saw that Eric did not notice her change in appearance. She needed to take this chance right now. For Applejack’s sake.

“GET THE BUCK AWAY FROM MY SISTER, YOU SICK CREEP!!!”

Eric turned his head, only for his face to make contact with Appleblooms hoof as it sent him flying into a public bathroom stall. Her newfound agility soon came in handy when she dashed next to Applejack’s side to see if she was still breathing. She was, but her broken ribs were another story.

“Dear Maker, you’ve been through too much.” The newly channeled Wind Sneaker groaned as she picked up her sister. “And you’re quite heavy at that…” She set her sister down on a small cart that was nearby and then whistled into the air. You might think that she was doing it to attract attention, but in a few seconds, a good friend of hers showed up.

“Winona!” Applebloom called. The dog was here today since Applejack was asked to have her be examined by the vet while she was in Canterlot. “Girl, go get help. AJ is hurt and we got a Maniac on the loose. Find Nicko, Twilight and Amy and lead them here as quick as you can!”

The loyal companion barked once, nodding her head as she dashed off. Appleblooms attention now turned back to the task at hand as an explosion went off, destroying the building that Eric was thrown into.

“You… are going… TO PAY FOR THAT!!!” He roared in a fit of rage. “VOID FIELD!” Applebloom saw the magic radiate from the floor and jumped up into the air and out of the way. The next few attacks came from Eric in a blinding rush, but Applebloom threw him off balance with an attack of her own.

“CRESCENT KICK!!”

The Esper himself was getting very annoyed. This girl didn’t know when to-

“SHARP FALL!!”

Another attack struck Eric, this time, around the head as he was falling down and all he could see is Applebloom preparing her hooves once again. This time, with a lot of might and strength into her strikes as she hit the Esper with a “Assault Impact” followed up by a “Natures Force” that sent Eric flying through the air as he tried to fight back. He soon found the Wind Sneaker right behind her as another attack was coming

‘She’s going to kick me again, isn’t she?’ Eric thought to himself.

“VIOLENT ATTACK!!” Applebloom cried out as the attack slammed the Diabolical Esper around his spine. He now was standing on his own, badly bruised. But what really flowed through him was rage… And he had the perfect attack to catch this newfound warrior off guard.

“PARANOIA!!!”

Gathering as much Void Energy as he could muster, the insane human ruptured a major crack in Space and Time, the energy exploding outward in a violent pulse that threw Applebloom to the ground. She staggered to her hooves, but the explosion did hurt her a lot. She wasn’t even quick enough to get out of the way of Eric’s attacks. The Diabolical Esper’s rampage was too fast for her to block or counter attack.

“REVERSE CIRCLE!!”

To the Wind Sneaker’s surprise, the human was now behind her as he began to charge at the earth pony with his Dynamo’s and the energy they created.

“FORCE NOVA!!!”

The energy ball struck her with a lot of force as he began to attack in quick succession. Applebloom herself was able to get back into the fight and land a couple of attacks herself, but the insane human had tipped the scale of this fight. Though, that didn’t mean that Applebloom couldn’t do anything to help herself. Using the agility that remained, the earth pony got a far distance away from Eric as soon as he began charging power to crack open a rift in Space above both of their heads.

“STARDUST SHOWER!!!”

Now was the time Applebloom used her own skill.

“AIRELINNA- NYMPH!!”

The skill summoned a young and small breezie that was known as the Spirit of the forest and placed a enchantment around the mare before disappearing in a small flash of light. The yellow circle that was around her began to heal the scars that she had received and restore her strength. In addition to taking care of her, she began to feel stronger and light on her hooves. With newfound confidence; she took aim at the human and fired a crossbow bolt at the human, followed by a knee to the face and a kick to Eric’s jaw. It sent him flying and at the right time too.

“Applebloom!!”

She turned around; but who she saw was not who she expected. It wasn’t Nicko, Twilight or Amy at all. But instead, she saw Nicko’s friend Leo. “Are you okay?”

“Ya, but where’s Nicko?”

“Fluttershy and Winona are looking for them right now. I came over as quickly as I could so I can help you.” The Reckless Fist told her. That’s when he noticed the pummeled state of Applejack. He was quite shocked by what happened to her as she laid unconscious and in pain. “Something tells me though that he’s attacking up for more than just because he feels like it.”

Applebloom raised an eyebrow as she looked at the human. “What do ya mean by that?”

“Earlier today when I was going through some files, I came across a major discovery. Something that this lunatic would kill for it to not be revealed and in the wrong hands.” The Reckless Fist now had his mechanical arm primed for action as both him and the Wind Sneaker had to prepare to fight the Diabolical Esper and his increasing source of power. That’s when Leo told Applebloom what he discovered.

“I found out the location of the Hive. The home of the Changelings.”

The earth ponies eyes widened. “Y-you found their home!?”

“Yeah. Not only that, but I also found out a lot more. It’s information that would lead to having this psycho try to kill you in order for it to not get out.”

“Do ya have a plan of some kind on how we can beat him?”

The Reckless Fist shook his head. “We can’t beat him. Not like the way he is now. I have an idea on how to fight him though.”

“Okay, Ah’m all ears.”

“We take turns. I’ll go first and when I say switch, you start attacking. When you say switch, I can hop in and keep attacking.”

Applebloom didn’t have time to ask for an explanation. Like it was on cue, Eric’s power exploded from around him. It demolished the building that he was thrown into as his power skyrocketed. His Dynamo's Awakening had been unlocked. Nopony would be able to avoid the onslaught that was to follow. In Leo and Applebloom’s case, they were the only line of defense and had to hold him off.

“DIE!!” came the Espers scream as he channeled the kinetic energy that encased his hands. He threw three orbs of Void energy, but then followed with a fourth attack that had him rush towards The Reckless Fist and the Wind Sneaker. Applebloom jumped out of the way while Leo stood his ground. The Human slammed his fist into the ground, having a series of Spiked Spheres shoot out of the ground

“CHARGED BOLT- BLOODY THORNS!!”

The thorns caught Eric off guard, surprising him as he was struck by the rising spikes. Leo didn’t waste any time after that, attacking head on with his metal fist and using his sword to deflect the oncoming dynamo’s that were trying to strike him. When close enough, Leo hit him again with his “Armor Crash” skill and left a hole in his defense.

“SWITCH!!”

Applebloom didn’t plan to waist any time. She quickly laid a series of jab kicks across Eric’s chest and shoulders before striking him with a “High Kick” that sent her opponent flying a little. Using her newfound speed, the mare attacked again from behind even though Eric had tried to counter-attack the incoming assault. However, her plan was different as she got on her hands and knees, springing upward and smacking him near the spine. Rapidly, she proceeded to put all her remaining strength in a “Back Kick” that caught the Esper off guard.

“Leo, SWITCH!!”

That was all the Reckless Fist needed to hear as he grabbed a El Essence with his mechanical hand. “INFERNAL ARMS!!!”

The Reckless fist soon had a demonic hand rise from the ground and furiously slash at Eric like a ragdoll. The beating lasted for almost a few minutes, tearing at his clothes and leaving bloody wounds all over his body. Leo thought that the battle was over soon as he heard the sounds of footsteps and hooves in the background. He turned to see both Scootaloo and Amy running towards them as they assessed the situation.

“What the hell happened guys?” Amy asked, seeing Applejack’s beaten state and Applebloom’s new appearance.

“Well, mah sis was beaten to a bloody pulp by Eric, but then I gained these new powers from a textbook I found and sent Winona to go find help. Leo and I were able to hold him off and we think we tired him out.”

“Good job. Now let’s get going before-”

SHHNNNK!!!

Amy looked down at her chest as she felt searing pain from across her body. A crystal that was as big as her forearm had punctured through her body and dangerously close to her lungs and heart. She turned to see Eric struggling to his feet, a hand channeling the time cracked crystal that he shot at her.

“I don’t believe you are going anywhere, Burning Crusader.”

Another shot went through her body, this time actually hitting her upper chest. Scootaloo’s eyes widened as her teacher began to fall backwards into the cart that held Applebloom’s sister.

“AMY!! NO!!!”

The Blazing heart fell into the cart. But when Scootaloo came close to her teacher, she could lightly feel her pulse weaken. Her hands moved to the necklace that was around her neck, taking it off. Doing so caused Amy’s clothes to change, becoming a series of red gowns that matched the blood that was dripping. She used what strength she had left, not to say anything. But to instead hand the pendant to the young pegasus. Faintly, she whispered into the pegasus’s ear.

“Don’t…… worry about me…”

Scootaloo was going to ask why, but couldn’t. Her eyes had already closed. But she could still feel her energy faintly. Now though, the young Pyro Knight had only only thing that she had to do. Holding the crystal Amy gave to her, Scootaloo placed the pendant next to her heart as fire began to churn and dance wildly around her like a raging inferno. The pendant had now begun to fade into Scootaloo. Her body absorbing it in a bath of Fire and light. Her original set of clothes that she had worn before had now turned into the same clothes that Amy had once worn. Her Claymore had also changed too, now reflecting the same style of weapon that her teacher had used. Her eyes though, now had fury and hatred burning inside them.

“Applebloom, you and Leo get them out of here.” Scootaloo ordered with a snarl as fire burned around her free hand. “I’m going to make him PAY for what he did to my teacher!!”

The two bystanders didn’t have any other choice and followed her commands. Applebloom wished for her friend to be safe when this was done. She did not want to explain what happened to Rainbow if they lost both Scootaloo and Amy.


Meanwhile,

A different kind of chaos had flowed through the streets when thousands of Civilians were taking refuge in nearby buildings and inside the castle. Nicko himself was beginning to wonder what the hell was going on with all the insanity that was going on. Eris was wondering the same thing as well. But something caused the chaos spirit to panic when she felt a powerful disturbance course through her.

“Rrgh!” She grimaced, holding off the pain that seared through her like touching hot metal.

“Eris?! Are you okay?” Nicko asked, worried about the Draconequus.

“Somethings wrong… Very wrong. I felt Amy’s magic signature get ruptured just now.”

“Ruptured?” The teen asked. “What the hell is that suppose to mean?”

“It means the worst case scenario.” The Spirit told her as she looked at the young warrior. Her eyes and gaze made Nicko feel like the worse was yet to come. What he heard next was confirmation of what their fears were.

“It means she might be dead.”

Nicko’s eyes widened. No way in hell did he think that the possibility of her being dead could actually be true. He personally denied it. Without even thinking twice, Nicko left the castle and went towards the roof with Eris following him. He could smell the smoke rise from the destruction that had already taken place. Using his instincts, he went towards the source.

‘Eris. Do you feel that?’ He asked when the two of them got closer.

‘Yeah. It feels familiar.’ Eris told him. ‘ This presence is almost similar to Amy, but not quite. In fact, it feels a lot like the young pegasus you told me you were training earlier.’ Things began to click inside the teen’s head. He almost forgot about Scootaloo!!

“Oh damn it, Rainbow Dash is going to kill me if I let Scootaloo get hurt!”

With a spring in his step, Nicko began to pick up the pace. If Amy’s apprentice was there right now, the element of loyalty would have his head if she got hurt in any way, shape or form. The teen gripped his sword as he continued to hop from rooftop to rooftop. But at one moment, he stopped when he heard Eris gasp in shock. He looked down to see Applebloom and Leo running to the hospital. With Applejack looking beaten and broken while Amy had two crystals that pierced through her body like spears.

“Oh god…” Nicko cursed his timing. He should’ve gone with them earlier to help them find Applebloom instead of help out Rarity and the others with all the ponies coming into the castle. Amy would still be alive if he would’ve been there and did something. If he took the hit instead of her…

“RRRR AAAAHHHH!!!!!”

The warcry made Nicko turn around and hurry over to see what was going on. Down below, he found Scootaloo. But this time, she was different from the young apprentice she was earlier during her training. The happiness he saw beforehand was now consumed by Anger and Rage. Her flames now looked like they were a glimpse of what hell looked like.

Violently, they began to channel into a tornado around her as she let loose her power with Eric being in range of her wrath. “ETERNAL FIRE!!”

The burning flames hit their mark as Eric skidded backwards and channeled his void energy in an another forward blitz after launching three static spheres. However, the apprentice expected this and used her “Fire Wall” ability to conjure a barricade of Blazing Flames that burned the Esper. But he was still able to get his blast off and for good reason too. Using “Reverse Circle” to teleport himself to behind Scootaloo, Eric made her dash backwards and away from him. But this was what he wanted and for good reason.

“REVERSE STIGMA!!”

Like she was being pulled by an unknown force, Scootaloo fell forward and began to be pulled towards Eric. Nicko reacted as quickly as possible; jumping from the rooftop and launching a rune a Eric to disrupt his concentration, followed by a “Explosive Fist” that put him in between The Esper and the pegasus.

“And the freaks just keep on coming!!” The Esper snarled, cursing the Rune Slayer’s timing. He was done with playing games and was beyond exhausted. Using what remained of his powers, he cracked open a Spatial Rift and stepped in. Scootaloo, in her anger, tried to hit the Esper one last time with a fireball she conjured, but the rift closed before it reached him.

“ARGH!! I almost had him!!!” Scootaloo yelled, almost slamming her weapon into the ground in pure frustration. “Why did you had to interfere, Nicko!?”

“Me? Interfere? I just saved your life!!” The Rune Slayer retorted. “You could have gotten yourself killed or worse going against him. He has no regrets over who he hurts. Think about how your sister would react if she saw both of you clinging to your lives inside a hospital bed. How would she react?” Scootaloo didn’t even realized that possibility. Rainbow Dash would be devastated if she saw her in the hospital.

“She wouldn’t forgive herself if something happened to me.”

“And I wouldn’t forgive myself either.” Nicko told her. Eris then surged out of Nicko’s body and appeared right next to them. She had just found out some shocking news.

“Guys, I just got back from the hospital. Amy’s still alive!” The news had both Nicko and Scootaloo shocked and fill up with hope.

“How is she?”

“She’s right now in a coma. Doctor’s said that she’s been through quite a lot and is right now in a temporary coma. Let’s hurry and get over there before Sunbutt rushes over here and wants to know what happened.” With that, Nicko and Scootaloo agreed as Eris snapped her Eagle Talon and the three of them disappeared in a small flash of light. What was left behind though was a formerly peaceful courtyard that had been through a warzone and had embers of hope burning in the streets.

Hell hath no fury than a student who grieves for her master.


End Chapter 8