• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 11,914 Views, 248 Comments

Swords, Sorcery and Shenanigans - FrostTheWolf



Getting stuck in a world full of talking ponies? That is not the best way celebrate someone's 18th birthday. Follow Nicko as he tries to make sense of the world he's now in and not get killed in the process. Based off of the Burning Crusadr

  • ...
31
 248
 11,914

Chapter 10: Castle of Glass

Swords, Sorcery, and Shenanigans- Castle of Glass


The train ride back to Ponyville felt different than the previous one that Nicko, Leo and Yuri were on. Unlike last time they were on the Friendship Express, nothing was trying to kill them or their companions. This time though, their group of friends and companions was MUCH larger than last time. Counting Twilight, her five friends, the four members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders that snuck onto the Chariot to Canterlot two days ago, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Molly, Anson, Luke & Ciela, Jade, Caliburn and the four other guards that were with there and lastly themselves; there were twenty five individuals on board. In most online games, this would be considered as a raiding party. But right now, it actually served as an opportunity for a “train party”.

Due to the multiple opportunities that Pinkie Pie had been interrupted for throwing a Welcome to Ponyville/Birthday/Family Reunion party for the two brothers, the party pony used the opportunity right now to turn the dining car into a party room just for the occasion. She wanted it to be a surprise, but thought it would take longer to make those kinds of preparations. Even Anson pitched in to help her prepare for it while his father personally questioned how Pinkie Pie was able to do all these things at once.

About three hours after they originally left, the gang was slowly approaching Ponyville. They had spent almost two hours partying, eating cake, and celebrating; but most of the gang was tired out from all the “activities” that the Pink earth pony was having everyone play. One even included “dodge the dynamo”, where Molly took shots at people and you had to try your best to not get hit (Thank Celestia there was no casualties).

When the train reached the station, Pinkie Pie was the first one to burst straight out of the gate along with Anson. Everyone else soon followed, either with their hands filled with items to carry or with an agenda to do. Nicko himself felt like he should take care of something before he went back to Twilights.

What he didn’t expect though was for that opportunity to actually come to him.

‘Nicko……’ A voice whispered to him, softly and flowing with the faint wind that was in the air. The Teen looked around, trying to find where he heard the voice came from. Only one thought came into his mind.

‘Selena?’

He looked around and a glimpse of a figure moving in the shadows of an alley caught his attention. Curious, he walked on over. The alley was covered in shade on all sides. A perfect place for a being of darkness to hide themselves. Turning around, Nicko’s eyes soon laid upon Selena’s as she emerged from a shadow that was cast on the wall.

“Why hello there, My little Rune Slayer. I see that you made it safely back to Ponyville.”

Her appearance looked rather normal this time. No fancy armor or weaponry. Just a casual dress and heels. Still though, Nicko was surprised by quite a few things. Mostly how she was here in the freaking first place.

“I thought you would be back with Amy. Wouldn’t she need you?”

“I can be anywhere as long as there is a shadow that I can stay attached too.”

“How is that possible?” The Rune Slayer questioned.

“I’m a spirit.” She explained. “Similar to Eris, but I have more limitations. I’m just lucky that Amy’s room is on the opposite side of this wall or else I would accidently cut off her life support.”

“I see. So why do you need to talk to me?” Nicko then asked. Selena sighed deeply. Nicko knew from previous experiences that doing so… wasn’t really a good sign. Something about it seemed off to him.

“I’m running out of time. My magic can only keep Amy together for around a few more hours or so at least.”

“Oh.” Nicko was shocked by the news. “Could there be anything I can do to help?”

“Do you have a mana potion?”

The Rune Slayer nodded, grabbing a Advanced Mana Potion out of his bag and handing it to Selena. She opened the bottle and drank the potion seconds afterwards. The effects of the mixture brought some color back to her skin and her mane. The Spirit felt a little more relieved now thanks to the boy’s generosity.

“Thank you. This should help me with healing Amy a little while longer.”

“Your welcome.” The Rune Slayer said.

“Now though, theres one thing I need to tell you about before I get back to Amy.” Selena told Nicko as she began to fade into the shadow of the wall. “Be careful. I can feel something stirring nearby. Like the fabric of reality itself will soon tear apart.”

Before Nicko could even ask, Selena was gone. He was left alone in the alleyway with another puzzle to solve. Still though, maybe this one wasn’t quite that hard to figure out. A quick trip to the local library should be able to solve his questions if he looked in the right place.


When Nicko came back to the library, he wasn’t greeted by Twilight this time. Instead, he was actually greeted by her “number one assistant” Spike. The Dragon told him that the element of magic had to go into town to pick up some supplies from Quills and Sofas and also go see how his parents were settling in. Rarity offered them a place to stay after striking up a conversation with Luke and Ciela on the train ride back.

“So how was Canterlot?” The young dragon asked as Nicko stepped inside and sat down on the nearby couch.

“Lets just say it was very…… eventful.”

“Eventful? Just what exactly happened up there?”

“Remember when I told you and Twilight about my past a couple of nights ago? Before I ran into my brother at the arena?” Nicko asked him. Spike nodded, recalling when the teen opened up to both Twilight and him about his past.

“Well, I ran into two of the most unlikely people I would ever find in Canterlot. My parents.”

“Woah, Woah, Woah! Back up a second!! You ran into your parents? I thought they disappeared when you were little.”

“That’s what I thought as well.” The teen replied. “But as it turns out, they were actually stuck here.”

“How does that even work?” The dragon asked as he sat down on another couch across from Nicko.

“That… might take some explaining.”

So, for the next twenty minutes, Nicko told Spike everything. From first arriving in Canterlot and encountering Luke and Ciela for the first time to actually having to fight his mother before even finding out it actually was her. He even told them about what happened when the duo first arrived and how they were the bodyguards/caretakers of a Young Celestia and Artemis. Shock went across Spikes face when Nicko had to recall the brutal and bloody encounter with Eric when he killed Celestia’s parents and also how the Diabolical Esper was turned into stone along with Luke and Ciela.

“Wow… That’s quite a story.”

“Indeed it is. But that still wasn’t everything that happened in Canterlot.”

“It wasn’t?”

“Of course not.” Nicko told him. “Amy made Scootaloo her apprentice and Apple Bloom became a Wind Sneaker. Now the two of them have powers like ours, but still need practice in controlling them. My brother and I were training them this morning before we left to come back to Ponyville.”

“That sounds awesome!” The dragon exclaimed in excitement. “Speaking of which, where is Amy? I thought I would see her in town today when you guys came back.”

That… was unexpected. Nicko thought Twilight would’ve told Spike about her current condition. But it seemed like she had not gotten that opportunity yet. “Amy… is in the hospital. We got attacked by Eric last night while in Canterlot and she’s right now in a coma and trying to recover.”

“Oh… Sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay, Spike. Sometimes, things happen in which you don’t have control over.” Nicko told the dragon as he turned his wrists. “During those times, it’s best to try and do what you can to ease the pain a little.” The dragon nodded his head as he got up from his chair. He turned around to a stack of papers that laid on top of a stool and began to start going through them with a heavy sigh.

Nicko himself was wondering what he was doing and walked over. It seemed like he was sorting some… research papers. A few stacks of paper focused on spells involving teleportation, transformations, telekinesis and other subjects. But one of the subjects actually caught his attention as he picked it up and looked at the title.

‘Theory of the Displaced; A research report by Clover the Clever.’

“Hey Spike. Mind if I have a look at this?”

The dragon turned and looked at the paper stack Nicko was holding before scanning a sheet that he had attached to a clipboard. Flipping through some pages, he was soon checking off something on a list with a quill that he was holding that looked like one of Twilight’s feathers. “Well, that one isn’t on the list. So, go ahead I guess.”

“What list?”

“A list of research papers by famous sorcerers and scientists from the past few centuries. Twilight likes to read them to see if she could learn any new spells or improve upon the one she already knows in her spare time. I was asked to organize them while you guys were in Canterlot and I was almost done by the time you arrived.”

“Ah I see. Would you like some help with that?” The teen offered, just to be helpful since he was staying under their roof for the time being.

“Thanks for the offer, but I’ll pass. Twilight promised to give me a few gems for if I finish this by the time she returns home. Plus, I’m almost done anyways.” With a relaxing sigh, Nicko smiled as he turned to the first page of the document that was in his hands. Without further ado, he began to read the contents of the pages inside.

“Welcome.

To first understand the contents provided in this paper, you must understand the Multiverse Theory. Many ponies in the scientific community have agreed on the possibilities behind the theory of other worlds being out there and also parallel universes of our world, as previously theorized by William Manes. There are infinite possibilities to what these worlds are, but due to recent events, it had me thinking a bit more about those who could be affected by them.

Therefore, I introduce the premise of the Dimensionally Misplaced, or Displaced for short. This theory refers to beings or individuals from other worlds that are brought to a single point in the universe by an unknown force. That point being Equestria, or the infinite number of realms of our world that exist. An example of the Displaced that would best fit this situation would be the two humans that served under Lord Apollo and were the caretakers and protectors of the young Princess Celestia and Prince Artemis. In relation to this, the individual they fought before turning into stone was another Displaced and also was the murderer of both Lord Apollo and Lady Evelynne. But this individual… His powers would be much greater of a threat if the elements of harmony did not seal him in stone.

After careful evaluation and seeing it firsthand, this one had control over time and space. Elements that could rip apart the fragile fabric of existence. Power like this, if remained unchecked, could throw our world into chaos. We were thankful that the elements of harmony had frozen him in stone. But how long will it be til the stone begins to crack? We must all be cautious with any Displaced that might end up in our world. Like anypony we know, they are just as smart and strong as any one of us. Because we can’t tell who can be our ally… and who can be our enemy.”

-Archmage Clover the Clever.

Seeing this now made the teen’s brain hurt a little. All this science and stuff was making him think of Stephen Hawking and a bunch of other scientists that they named on ‘The Big Bang Theory’, which ironically made him think of Twilight as Sheldon Cooper. Just less crazy and without saying that her mother or the princess had her tested. But still though, this document brought up some important notes that referred to Eric and how powerful the Diabolical Esper was. Just what was he planning on doing though?

Remembering the conversation with his parents on when they encountered him, Nicko recalled the Tracer then asking for the use of a forbidden source of magic to “crack open a rift.” Given these notes, he must have been wanting to crack open a spacial rift into the unbound void. The reason for it still remained unclear, but at least it shined a little bit of light on the subject as well as showed what he was capable of. The Rune Slayer would have to prepare himself.

A creak of the door caught his and Spikes attention as they turned to see Twilight return to the library. She was carrying a few plastic bags with her magic. Must’ve been the shopping she got when she was out at Quills and Sofas. “Oh hey Nicko. I didn’t expect for you be here.”

Nicko raised an eyebrow at that statement. “Really? Where did you think I would be?”

“With your brother or parents?”

“Anson is helping out Pinkie Pie and the cakes at Sugarcube Corner while my parents are settling in at the Carousel Boutique since Rarity offered them a place to stay.”

“Oh… Well, nevermind then.” Twilight replied as she set down her shopping. She noticed Spike was done with the task she asked him to do and went to the kitchen to grab some gems. Nicko himself, kept the research document by Clover the Clever to himself.

“So Twilight, what’s next on the to do list?” He heard Spike ask the princess as she hung up her jacket on the nearby coat rack.

“Well, we should finally figure out the examination plans for the old castle before we construct it as a gift for the princess.” She replied as she took a folder that she had and placed it’s contents on the nearby table. This includes photographs and also old sketches of the original design that dated back several hundred years ago. In addition, Twilight added some sketches of her own on how she thought the castle should look upon finishing up with the building process.

“Can’t we have somepony else help with this?” Spike asked as he took a seat by where Twilight was sitting at the table.

“Sorry Spike. Applejack is still partially recovering from her injuries. Rainbow Dash is checking on Amy at the hospital. Rarity is helping Nicko’s parents settle in. Pinkie Pie and Anson are working at Sugarcube Corner; and I believe Leo is helping out the Animals back at Fluttershy’s cottage.”

“What about the Cutie Mark Crusaders?”

“Do you really think they’re up for the task after trying to help Amy fix the town a few months ago?” The Lavender Alicorn asked. Spike thought about it for a few minutes, then partially agreed with what Twilight was saying.

“Good point.”

Nicko now got up from the place he was on the couch and walked on over, taking a seat by both of them. “I can help out if you guys want.”

“Are you sure? You are a guest here.”

“Whether I’m a guest or not doesn’t matter. I still can pitch in and help out around here. Plus, it might make things a little easier on the two of you.”

Inside Nicko’s head was another reason for looking at the information behind this castle. He had an odd suspicion about it, like something about it didn’t seem right at all. As he was told about the castle and looking at the maps and photographs, he was starting to sense some kind of pattern. All he needed to know now was the story behind the castle. Maybe once he knew that, he could figure out this puzzle.

When he asked the question, Twilight gave him a full explanation about the building they were looking at. It was an old castle that use to be the home of the royal family before they moved to the city of Canterlot. Currently though, it was empty and some may say that the place is “Haunted.”

It seemed like the perfect place for someone like Eric to be hiding. Just what he could possibly be planning there was something Nicko could not figure out. Something involving the stolen spellshards? The “research” that he wanted to perform? Something entirely different. There were many different possibilities.

“I’m going to go out on a walk. I’ll be back in a little while.”


Fields outside Ponyville

“Okay, now Sweetie Belle. Try and focus on your posture. Your moves only work if you are still on your hooves and move quickly while you strike.”

For Molly, she was now doing the most craziest of tasks that the Mastermind thought she would have to undertake. On the train ride back to Ponyville, Sweetie Belle had asked her if she could be her student and teach her how to fight. She wanted to stand up for herself whenever Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon tried to bully her; but didn’t want a repeat incident of what happened at the clothing store in Canterlot. After seeing both Applebloom and Scootaloo gain powers of their own, the young unicorn thought that Molly would be her key to making this happen since Yuri was too busy making sure her sister was on her best behavior.

She had been teaching Sweetie Belle for half an hour now the ways of the Psychic Tracer. It was quite different from the Arc Tracer that Molly specialized herself in. Arc Tracers specialized there weapons with an advanced AI that allowed them to control and summon a series of drones using a method called “Dynamo Factory” that could let the Tracer switch between different drone types that had various forms of mechanical weaponry. Psychic Tracers, on the other hand, focused on a object called “Nasod Armor” that changed it’s appearance depending on the users will. It allowed the user to fight with enhanced strength and speed. But this could only work when the Dynamo that they’re using are in their “Configuration Mode.”

The problem with Sweetie Belle was that she needed to have a clear mind in order for her Nasod armor to function properly. However, numerous practice rounds later and she was still frustrated by the fact that she wasn’t able to activate her awakening yet. When she finally did though, it didn’t last for a long time because she was either distracted or used up too much of her newfound power at once. She was hopeful that with Molly’s help that she will get the hang of this sooner or later.

While practicing her combat skills on a dummy, Nicko spotted the two of them and walked on over. He was personally surprised by Sweetie Belle’s new clothes and skills. She now wore a Black leather jacket and Black jeans with a pair of gloves across her hands in the same color. She had a white shirt on underneath with a power button symbol by her neck and had a small pendant with the same symbol on it too.

“There you go! Nice job!!” Molly praised. The Mastermind was unaware of Nicko’s presence and was surprised when she finally noticed him. “Well, I’m surprised to see you right around now. How are you?”

“Alright. Things so far since we’ve come back have been very… eventful.”

“Molly? What do I do now?”

The Arc tracer turned around to see the young unicorn was channeling energy from her Dynamo’s in her palms. “Just practice with your new skills, Sweetie belle. I need to talk with Nicko for a minute.”

The young Unicorn nodded as she refocused her attention on her attacks. Molly and Nicko backed up a little bit and then they got back to the original conversation at hand. “Can you describe what you mean by “eventful” Nicko?”

“I talked with Selena earlier. She gave me some bad news. She could only keep on healing Amy for a few more hours. I gave her a Mana potion earlier, but it’s unknown as to how much time we have.”

The news caught Molly be surprise. But she was also confused. A few details were missing. A few “important” details. “What kind of mana potion did you give her?”

“Advanced.”

“Did she say anything else besides that?” was the Mastermind’s next question as she crossed her arms.

“She said that she felt something stirring nearby, almost like the fabric of reality was being torn apart. In addition, I came across this after I talked to her when I was at Twilights.” The Rune Slayer told her as he handed the research report that was done by Clover the Clever. She took a few minutes to analyze the content of the paper. Especially when she got around the point when they mentioned Eric and what his powers were. Then, Molly handed the papers back to Nicko and posed a new question.

“So do you think what Selena said is related to the guy who is the reason why my sister is in a coma?”

“That’s my only guess so far. I’m not certain of it, but from what we know in the reports and from personal experience, there’s no denying that it might be him.”

“Okay, smart guy.” Molly smirked. “If what you theorize is somehow right, then where the bloody hell do you think he might be?”

“Before I left the library, Twilight was talking about plans for the construction of something where an old haunted castle is right now. Something tells me that it’s not actually haunted and that Eric might be working on his “research” inside the building.”

Molly took what he said into consideration. Boy, did it sound too good to be true. Here was an opportunity to get much needed payback and to put a halt on his plans. But to pull this off would require some planning. Additionally, the stepped up security in Ponyville would probably be keeping an eye on them while they were in town during the day. Given that, the best thought of when to do this would probably be under the cover of night.

“Not to be rude, but I’m not sure that we’ll make it out alive if the two of us were doing this. Plus, Yuri might be a little bit “overprotective” in making sure that we don’t do anything crazy and Jade is… well…”

“Jade?”

“Let’s go with that, yes.” She sighed as she tried to think. “Your parents are obviously out since they just arrived in town and need a much needed rest.”

“Good point.”

“And Leo would probably be brain dead after all the work he was doing in Canterlot.”

“Another good point there, Ms. Watson.” Nicko smiled a little before Molly punched him in the shoulder.

“Look, this isn’t elementary, so can we refocus back on the topic?” She asked.

“Alright, alright.” Nicko replied. “Hey, why don’t we go down by Sugarcube Corner for a minute?”

“Why? Are you hungry or something? Because I’m already full after having the baked goods Pinkie Pie was serving on board the train.” The Rune Slayer shook his head a little and sighed as he crossed his arms. Nicko then told her that there was a different reason for going over and it was not for the food.

He knew someone there that they could ask.


“Okay, so let me get this straight… Based on a hunch that Selena had, a report that you got from Twilight’s library, and some information on an empty castle that you found out from listening to her; you two think that the insane psychopath that put one of us in the hospital is nearby?”

“Yes Anson. We’re planning on checking it out tonight. Everyone else is either exhausted or occupied and we could use someone with your skills.”

“Hmm…” The Infinity Sword was with both his brother and Molly outside around the backside of Sugarcube Corner. He was now considering his options and also the risks with doing something like this. After a few minutes though, he made his decision.

“Alright, I’m up for it.” He told them. “What time are we going?”

“Midnight tonight.” Molly told the boys as she pulled up an analysis with her dynamo. “The limited visibility and the darkness provided by the clouds in the night sky would provide a good cover since it affects the visibility of the guards on duty.”

“Okay then. Us three against one maniac. Doesn’t sound too hard.” Anson smirked as he put his arms behind his head. That’s when the three of them were caught off guard by a familiar voice.

“Aren’t you forgetting somepony?”

Nicko turned around to see a familiar face. Matter of fact, two familiar faces. Eris and her father, Discord were right behind the two brothers.

“Eris? Discord? What are you doing here?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Discord chuckled a little as he floated over by Anson. “We want to help the three of you. It’ll be too boring to stand around and watch things happen… When we can make things happen.”

“He does make a very good point.” Anson said. “The more the merrier.”

“That’s the spirit, my boy!!” Discord cheered before disappearing in a bright puff of smoke. Eris just facepawed herself and shook her head a little. The Infinity Sword was just confused as he looked at his brother.

“Uh… What just happened?”

“Remember when I told you once about Eris being the Chaos spirit that was inside my head? Now think that, but replace Eris with Discord.” Nicko explained.

“And the fact that my dad is a little more dramatic when it comes to these things.” Eris mentioned before she went into Nicko’s mind. Both brothers now had an extra pair of eyes and ears to help them tonight.

“Alright… Now comes the boring part… We wait…”


Eleven hours later (Midnight)…

The moon shined brightly tonight as Ponyville and Equestria was now covered in a blanket of Twilight and stars. Almost everypony that wasn’t a guard on duty was currently fast asleep. Dreaming away inside Artemis’s playground of the night. Again though, almost everypony was fast asleep. Three individuals were wide awake.

Each of them came out of where they were staying as quietly as humanly possible. Nicko casually used the same “express elevator” that he tried when having to hurry to where his brother was fighting Amy only a few days ago. Molly had used her Dynamo’s to silently sneak out from her room in Lyra’s house and sneak away. Anson was the one who also had to use the “express elevator” tactic, but he had to jump off the Roof of Sugarcube corner onto the nearby building before jumping on down.

Avoiding the guards, all three of them soon met in Ponyville’s Mane Square. They were equipped and ready for whatever awaited them inside their destination.

“Alright, before we get going, does anyone have any final questions to ask.”

“Yeah… Just one.” said Nicko as he pointed behind both Molly and Anson. “Is that who I think it is?” Both of them turned around, jaws dropping as they saw who was standing there.

A woman stood there. A woman in red garments, black boots, and red hair. She looked too familiar for them to not recognize who it was.

“Holy Sh*t.”

“Oh my god…”

“Sis!?!”

“Guess who's back… Back again… I’m back b*tches… Tell a friend…”

Yep, this was definitely Amy. Despite her new appearance, she still acted like her same old self. Taking a blood red scarf that was in her hands, she used her newfound magic to conjure a sword out of if and then set it in front of her. Her claymore was a lot bigger this time and looked like what somepony would use to cut a tree in half.

“Wow… You look… different.” Anson said blankly as she put her newly conjured claymore on her back and walked on over.

“Well, that’s what happens when you have a new set of powers. Selena used the last of her magic to restore mine and gave me a new set of powers before I woke up. Her magic is now mine.” Amy explained. “I may now be the Burning Crusader anymore, but now I’m something new. I may not be able to protect everypony like I wanted too, but I can damn well avenge them.”

“Well said, Crimson Avenger.” Nicko smirked a little. “That new look of yours looks rather… what’s the word?”

“Sexy?”

“DAMMIT, Anson!!” The Rune Slayer cursed before he smacked his brother over the top of the head. Soon, they got moving as quickly as possible. The recent outburst could have alerted any guards that had sharp enough hearing to hear from the other side of town. The four of them left town and proceeded to the Everfree forest. Nicko used a small rune that he conjured as a source of light for them to find their way in the darkness of the forest. It worked out well for the most part, but also attracted some unwanted attention.

The four of them were soon blindsided by a Stone like Chimera that attacked them. The Lion like creature had a rock like mane and a tail that looked like a spearhead. Amy used the opportunity to test her new powers and struck the creature with Assault Strike before allowing Anson to perform the finishing blow. The Dark Knight was getting used to her new powers and felt great with being able to use her newfound skills to get back into combat. One of the things she needed to pay attention to though was called Blood for Blood. It allowed her to sacrifice her own health to deal extra damage to her opponent. So Amy needed to pay attention and make sure that she didn’t give up too much health in order to dish out pain to her opponents.

After the battle with the Chimera, the three of them soon came across their destination and entered a broken stone courtyard that was part of the castle that was in front of them. It definitely did look haunted by appearance. But no one could feel anything that was off about it.

“Okay… so we spent twenty minutes going through a forest to end up here… Now what?” Before anyone could answer Molly’s question, a surge of energy coursed in front of them and led to the front gate of the castle opening. Strangely, no one was there to open it. This made Anson worried.

“Is it just me or does it feel like we're walking into a trap?”

‘We won’t know unless we go inside.’ Discord told the Infinity Sword mentally as he slowly walked through the castle door. Everyone else soon followed suit and now all four of them were inside the main hall of the building. The doors slammed behind them. The four humans were now stuck inside… with no way out.

“Well now, I seem to have some uninvited guests.” A foul demonic voice echoed throughout the room as everyone turned around. It showed Eric, standing there calmly and clapping his hands like he was congratulating them. Molly, out of pure anger, tried to use her Phantom Seekers to strike the Diabolical Esper, but the spinning blades just went through him as he laughed a little.

“Oh I’m sorry. I forgot to mention that this is just a holographic projection of myself. The real me is busy working on an important research project.”

“Coward!!” Molly taunted as she caught her Seekers and put them away.

“I wouldn’t consider myself as such. I would more likely say that I’m a genius at work. I’m close to being able to get farther with my work than before I was turned to stone by that Damned Celestia and Artemis. I want to be able to show it to you, but you will have to come find me first before then.”

The hologram began to fade as three black onyx doors began to rise from the floor. Each one looking more imposing than the last. “In order to come visit me, you must make it through the doors in front of you. You may only go through one door and only one door can be entered by two people. I wish all four of you the best of luck. It would be a shame if you died trying to reach me. But then again, it would also be quite hilarious!”

A foul and wicked laugh echoed throughout the cavern as Nicko and the others now looked at each other. There were four of them, but three doors. Plus, only one of them could be in a two man group.

“Hey, I just had an idea.” Anson said as he turned towards Amy and the others. “Why don’t Amy and Molly go together as a group? Since Discord is with me and Eris is with Nicko, we kind of already have an extra pair of eyes to watch our backs.”

“That’s a good idea.” Molly agreed. Amy shortly responded in approval of the plan. The two sisters soon walked through the door in the middle, while Anson walked through the door on the left and Nicko walked through the door on the right. The doors faded away once they stepped inside.


Amy and Molly were greeted by the sight of what looked like a barren wasteland. They had no idea where they were, but could tell that something was really off. Especially with the multiple sources of magic that they felt around the wasteland.

“Uh… Amy?”

“Yeah Molly?”

“Why do I feel like this is somehow a case of Deja Vu?”

That’s when they saw multiple pairs of glowing green eyes as far as the eye could see. Then, they found a pair of green snake like eyes in the front. A pair of eyes they saw before in Ponyville.

Queen Chrysalis.

“OH HELL NO!!!”


Upon entering through the door, Anson notice that his surroundings were different. It looked like Celestia’s throne room, but different. It had a lot of more open space, but looked old and beaten. He thought that he was in another room inside the castle and used the moment to look around.

But that’s when trouble started for him. A few minutes after entering, he could hear the solid clanking of plate armor moving. As Anson turned around, he stared face to face at what he previously thought was a statue.

“Okay, that’s new.” Anson told himself as he looked at the guardian like figure. He couldn’t tell if it was a boy or a girl… or if someone was actually inside there. A soul could possess an object and control it like it actually had a body. But he was unsure with this one. So he did the next best thing that came up in his mind.

He asked the question.

“So… would you happen to be a guy or a girl?”

No answer…

‘Well, that’s rude. It didn’t even talk.’

‘Maybe it’s mute?’ Anson said mentally. ‘Like it can’t hear us say anything or we’re not speaking in it’s language.’

Then, Anson thought of another question to ask. “So… since you’re not answering my previous question……… Can I call you a transgender?”

This time he did get a response. But not a friendly one.

KA-CHINK!!

“God, why do I always get myself into these situations?” Anson asked himself before drawing both of his swords. This was going to be a very tough fight.


Inside his own room, Nicko looked around at the place he was in. The walls did not look sturdy at all. This place was like a Castle of Glass, and everyone inside was only just a crack. But as he looked around, he felt something odd. Like it was Eric’s magic, but more vibrant.

Just like what Selena was telling him before, it felt like the fabric of reality was going to get torn apart. The only thing that Nicko remembered after that was a bright flash of light and a loud ROAR that pierced his eardrums. Whatever was coming for him… felt incredibly powerful.


End Chapter 10

Author's Note:

Okay, so the next two chapters I'm planning on doing are where it demonstrates the fights that occur Between Anson and The Guardian and whatever is trying to go after Nicko. I'm leaving Amy and Molly's fight for my friend ElementBrigade. Now though, I prepare a new chapter for a new story and also work on chapter 4 for Follow the Wind.

Music: Linkin Park- Castle of Glass