• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 521 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Short Stories 3 - TheFanficFanPony



A series of short stories set in the Firehooves Cycle universe!

  • ...
2
 20
 521

Camera Shy Pt 4

Fluttershy trotted as fast as she could, constantly looking back, her hooves clammy and sweat rolling down her forehead.

The dark Everfree forest was a place nopony dared venture anymore. It was overgrown by vines, weeds, and a mysterious purple sludge. There was a story about a haven in the center of this toxic wasteland, but nopony had gone to prove it.

Fluttershy knew that she could've gone into the forest nearer to Ponyville that she had been in earlier, that it was a much safer choice.

She carefully flew around the overgrown vines, camera bumping against her chest. She finally settled in an abandoned tree-hole, sat down, and began to cry.

As she wept, animals of all kinds began to crowd around her in concern. Being a descendant of the now-legendary couple, old Fluttershy and Discord, she could understand the language of animals, as well as having a special connection with them.

She took out her camera and looked at the picture she has taken of Sweetie Belle. It was a perfectly timed shot, Sweetie perched on the soda bar counter, sipping her drink. She had her legs crossed, looking at the camera as if taken by surprise. It lulled the young pegasus to know that she could still take pictures under stress.

It was amazing to her that a unicorn could live in Ponyville. She had heard many a tale about the discriminatory ponies of the town, but the unicorn lived without fear.

Little did Fluttershy know, the very unicorn she was thinking of was rushing to find her. But Sweetie wasn't the only one.


"Come on, y'all! She went this way!" Lady Slipper led the little unicorn and the light blue stallion who had tagged along toward the forest. She flitted around impatiently as Sweetie and Picollo raced after her.

"I-I hope she's ok..." Picollo whispered to himself, lagging behind as the group reached the edge of the forest.

"Ok, I'll go in!" Sweetie Belle chirped, "You stay here while I go lookie!"

"Uh..." Picollo and Lady barely had time to register what the bouncing blank-flank was saying, nodding hesitantly.

Sweetie zoomed off into the Dorset, charging through trees and vines, when a small brown rabbit stopped her in her tracks.

"Hiya, bunny!" Sweetie smiled. "Did you see a pretty pink pegasus fly through here?"

The rabbit nodded (did it understand me?, Sweetie thought) and Sweetie followed it to where Fluttershy sat, animals crowded around her, sobbing quietly.

"What's wrong, Fluttershy-Bo-Butterfly?" Sweetie asked concernedly, as Flutters raised her head slowly.

"Oh, hi, Sweetie Belle." Fluttershy said, looking sadly at the young unicorn. "And what's wrong is my wings!"

"What?" Sweetie cocked her head to the side, not understanding.

"Oh, Sweetie. How will I ever be able to face them again, now that they know that I'm a pegasus?" Flutters sobbed, Sweetie taking in the complaints.

"It's not that bad. If you just be nice and show them how awesome you really are, they'll accept you!" Sweetie reassured her despairing friend.

"A-are you sure?" Fluttershy looked up cautiously.

"Absolutie-tootlie!" Sweetie smiled.

Suddenly, Sweetie was pushed forward by a small purple Breezie and a tall stallion, who crashed into her.

"Hey, what wazzat for?" Sweetie looked up to see Lady Slippee and Picollo reeling back from the impact.


Picollo looked at Fluttershy bashfully, blushing. "H-hey, Fluttershy." Flutters looked up at him, smiling.

"Hi... Thanks for coming to check on me." She stood up as a tousled Lady Slipper landed on her shoulder.

"It was Sweetie Belle's idea." Picollo admitted sheepishly. "We were going to stay out there, but we just got nervous and rushed to find you." he continued, the little Breezie nodding in agreement.

"Thanks anyway." Fluttershy stood up. "We should probably get out of this crazy forest." Picollo, Lady Slipper, and Sweetie Belle nodded, and the four friends made their way toward Ponyville.

As the three ponies and the Breezie arrived in town, they were met with a crowd of concerned ponies, mobbing them with questions.

"Are you OK?"

"Darling, did you hurt yourself?"

"Didya see any MONSTERS?"

"Ponies, calm down!" a nasally voice rose above the crowd, silencing them.

An all-pink pony made her way to the front of the crowd, which backed away to give the travelers some breathing room.

"Hello!" she nodded to the four ponies. "Sweetie Belle, Picollo, who are your new friends?"

"Hiya, Pinkie-Bo-Binkie! This is Fluttershy, and the Breezie is Lady Slipper!" Sweetie practically shouted at Pinkie, gesturing wildly to Fluttershy and her Breezie.

"Ok..." Pinkie said, overwhelmed by the sugary filly's boundless energy. "Welcome, Fluttershy! We do hope we can make you feel extra special here in Ponyville!"

"Sweetie Belle!" Suddenly, two fillies rushed to the front of the crowd and embraced Sweetie happily.

"We wondered where ya went!" a little yellow earth pony with a green bow in her red and purple mane hopped up and down excitedly.

"Who's the new gal?" an orange pegasus with a magenta and purple mane pointed a hoof at Fluttershy.

"Did you listen to ANYTHING I just said?" Pinkie quipped sarcastically.

"Nope!" the little pegasus chirped, Pinkie face-hoofing.

"Scootaloo, this is Fluttershah." the earth filly told her friend calmly. "Hi, miss! Ah'm Apple Spice!"

"And I'm Scootaloo!" The young pegasus flitted. Then the three fillies crouched on the ground, in an odd formation.

"Earth pony!" Apple Spice jumped up, shouting.

"Pegasus!" Scootaloo then jumped up as well. This must be some sort of a club motto, Fluttershy thought.

"Unicorn!" Sweetie finished, jumping up as well.

"Together, we are the new order of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" the three all shouted together.

"Oh, very good!" Fluttershy smiled, noticing that the three foals were indeed blank flanks. "Well, you are all very nice ponies." Flutters then addressed the crowd.

"Thank you! And you came just in time for the Spring Promanade!" Pinkie announced, and the crowd broke into laughter for no apparent reason.

"Come on, ponies!" Pinkie smiled. "Let the Promanade begin!"