• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 525 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Short Stories 3 - TheFanficFanPony



A series of short stories set in the Firehooves Cycle universe!

  • ...
2
 20
 525

Camera Shy Pt 1

A light lavender pony flew quickly through the forest, black cloak flying behind her. She darted from tree to tree, her wings barely noticeable under her cape.

She peeked between the leaves of a tree, her big purple eyes barely visible as she looked down on the elegant purple mare down below.

I've got her now, the pegasus thought, smiling. She can't escape this time. She pulled out a black object from her saddlebags, and...

FLASH! The camera snapped as the purple mare was leaning down to sniff a flower. As the lithe lavender mare pulled back, the dark purple pony looked back, as if she sensed the pony 'spying' on her, but turned back and continued on her way.

Fluttershy, you've done it again, the spy thought, looking at the camera in satisfaction. The picture was beautiful, just the right place. Well, of course it would be, she laughed to herself, I am the best photographer in these unnamed forests on the outskirts of Ponyville.

But she had to keep hidden. If anypony found out that a pegasus pony was living outside of Butterfly Island, ponies would start to begin to become racist. Not that they already weren't. They kinda were. They had all three pony 'races' separate, as if to not mix with one another.

Fluttershy herself was, well, shy. She almost always wore a black cloak to hide herself, darting between trees in the forest where she lived with the animals. She wasn't as good with animals as her ancestor, but they were amazing companions and protectors in this forest.

Sometimes she would venture into Ponyville, careful to keep her wings hidden as she trotted down the dirt roads.

The only ponies in Ponyville who knew that she secretly took pictures of ponies in secret, which she took for sheer love of photography, were Razzaroo, whom she sold her photos to for her birthday book, and Piccolo, the equally shy owner of the photography shop there.

Fluttershy flew out from the tree's leaves, humming a little tune. A Breezie flew over to her, wings fluttering nervously.

"What is it, Flutters?" Lady Slipper chirped, flying onto Fluttershy's shoulder.

"W-well, you know Piccolo?" Fluttershy stammered to the little purple Breezie as she trotted through the forest, going nowhere in particular.

"Yeah? That shy guy who's voice is as quiet as the instrument he's named after?" Lady Slipper asked, flying in a circle around Fluttershy's head.

Fluttershy nodded. "Yeah, him. I want him to notice me outside of my shopping. But that's beside the point." Flutters shook her head to clear her mind. "I've heard that he needs somepony to be a photographer for the Ponyville Express!"

"Great! But how're you gonna get that job if yer too shy to even be in yer own pictures?" the Breezie with the southern accent asked, pulling the hood of Fluttershy's cape off of her head. The motherly Breezie had been a gift from her animal-loving ancestor, whom she was named after.

"I-I don't know." Shy whispered, dragging her hoof across the ground. She looked at the Breezie with worrifull eyes.

"Fluttershah, if ya really wanna do it, ya gotta go for it!" Lady chirped, flying down to Fluttershy's face and pumping her fist.

"I-I guess I could. But how will I get into town without anypony seeing my wings?" Fluttershy asked.

"Flutters, ya got a cloak." Lady sighed.

"Ok then!" Fluttershy tried to be brave. "L-let's go to Ponyville!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A blue stallion shook his head, coughing. His short pink mane flew around as he waved away the dust with his hooves.

Piccolo was cleaning up his photography shop for the morning. He dusted off a shelf as he pulled a picture frame off of the shelf.

As he set a camera onto the shelf, he looked at the picture through his shiny glasses. The light lavender mare was hard to get a photo of, but since he was so quiet, he could do it. As he looked at the picture of the beautiful mare, he straitened his bow tie nervously.

I could never tell her, he thought, not yet. Maybe she'll ask, he thought. But probably not.