• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 524 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Short Stories 3 - TheFanficFanPony



A series of short stories set in the Firehooves Cycle universe!

  • ...
2
 20
 524

The Sunny Sea's Spray Pt 4


Sunny couldn't believe her eyes. Daffidazey might be a nice looking mare, but more in a mature, grown up kind of way, like Kimono. But now, she looked like a full-blown beach babe.

All of the colts galloped over to the three mares, including Seaspray! Seaspray was her boyfriend! Ooh, those mares! Sunny thought angrily, turning her head to spy on the greedy mares.

"Hey there, little fillies!" Seaspray greeted them. "Looks like you could use some company..."

"Sure!" Daffy smiled, sidling in next to him. Sunny couldn't notice it, but he had a slightly uncomfortable look on his face.

"Want us to get you girls anything?" Bay Breeze, another one of the stallions, smiled.

"I've never seen you three hotties before!" Beachcomber, another stallion, joked. "Are you new to Ponyville?"

The three colts soon were fawning over the girls, laying out beach towels and bringing them lemonade.

Sunny couldn't believe it! Daffidazey had out right stolen her coltfriend right from under her hooves! How could anypony do that to her?

However, one thing did seem to cheer her up. Daffy kept falling on her face! It might have been a little funny if it weren't for the fact that Seaspray caught her every single time! Grrrr...

Daffy looked over at Sunny, who buried her muzzle in her book. Sunny didn't want to admit it, but she saw a bit of worry in Daffy's eyes.

"Hey, I have an idea! Let's go surf!" Beachcomber yelled out, looking at the others excitedly.

Daffy galloped up to Sunny, who tried to ignore the thieving mare.

"Hey Sunny, wanna come ride the waves with us?" Daffy said, making Sunny even more angry. Sunny betted that she knew of Sparkle's warning.

"Oh, no. You go enjoy yourself, Daffs." Sunny grumbled, burying her face in her book. "I'll probably get in her way..." she mumbled.

"Oh, OK, Sunny." Daffy said, trotting off to join her 'friends' on the shoreline.

They all surfed out to the sea, showing off with tricks. Bay Breeze held Beach Belle aloft on his board. Sapphire mimicked her, then did a handstand on Beachcomber's hoof as well.

Seaspray looked at Daffy, waiting for her to do the same.

Why was he waiting at all? Sunny thought angrily, wanting Daffy to just fall right into the ocean.

Daffidazey got up on Seaspray's hoof, stretching out her hooves, when: Splash!

Daffy fell into the water, flailing her hooves around and calling out for help. It didn't help that she didn't have her glasses in either.

Sunny gasped. She didn't mean that literally! She got on her board as fast as she could, not worrying about her make up and rushing out to save her... acquaintance.

She got out to the spot were Daffy had fallen in, and scooped her up onto her board.

"Sunny?!?" Daffy sputtered, coughing out water. Sunny could see clear gratitude in her eyes.

As Sunny rode back to shore, makeup mussed and hair tangled with seaweed, everypony rushed to the shore.

"Daffy, you ok?" the girls raced to Daff's side. They instantly tried to comfort her.

Seaspray trotted over to Sunny, concerned. "You Ok, babe?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Can't say the same for my makeup, though." Sunny giggled. But then she became serious. "Why did you hang out with that mare? She had you around her little hoof!"

"Oh, no, Sunny! I didn't mean it like that! I just wanted to make the newbie feel welcome, 's all!" Seaspray explained.

"Oh, you know I forgive you." Sunny smiled.

"Wanna go get some ice cream at the shop?" Seaspray asked Sunny, who nodded.

As they trotted away, Sunny looked back at Daffy. Daffy looked pretty angry, but she sort of deserved it. After all, she couldn't just steal some pony's boyfriend like that. Still, she felt a little bad for her...

"Sunny, you ok?" Seaspray asked again, noticing Sunny's distraction.

"I'm fine." she smiled. They trotted off together into the sunset, and Sunny felt altogether relieved. Life was back to normal again. And after she ate ice cream with Seaspray, she could go home and play Ponymon.

Sunny looked at Seaspray warmly, leaned in, and kissed him as the sun set over the horizon.

Author's Note:

End of The Sunny Sea's Spray story arc!