• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 1,577 Views, 9 Comments

Ultra's Hot Shots - ultra1437



Ultra's collection of written (possibly with shipping) collab oneshots

  • ...
2
 9
 1,577

PreviousChapters Next
Broken 2 - Lunestia Collab

After a pair of loud knocks, Luna’s door opened and her sister’s head popped in. “Good evening, Luna.”

Luna sat at her armoire as she brushed her cornflower-blue mane. “Good evening, sister. I trust you are doing well?”

Celestia strode up to Luna as she replied, “As I can, yes.” Taking another of Luna’s brushes in her magic, she helped Luna with her combing.

“Is there anything you need, sister?”

“Nope,” Celestia replied simply.

“Then–” Luna found a hoof against her lips.

“I wished to spend some time with you before I headed off to sleep.” Celestia removed her hoof and added another brush, this one running through Luna’s tail.

“I see.” A comfortable silence settled around them for a few minutes.

Celestia tisked, clicking her tongue. Luna looked up to her big sister. “I-I must confess. I lied.” The brushes stopped and were set down on the armoire. “I do have something to ask you, Luna.”

Celestia wrapped her wings around Luna and pulled her into a crushing hug. Luna thought it was some sort of joke, until something started dropping on her head softly. She looked up to see Celestia crying.

Luna burst out, “‘Tia? What is wrong? Why are you–” She couldn’t speak any further as Celestia tightened her grip further and Celestia’s nose bumped against hers.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m so, so sorry…” Celestia cried desperately.

“‘Tia! I can’t breathe!”

Celestia suddenly let go, fearing she hurt Luna. Tears flowing faster, she curled into a ball constantly chanting “I’m sorry” over and over.

Luna was thoroughly confused. “‘Tia? What are you sorry for?” Luna nuzzled against her sister’s side.

Celestia’s head rose, looking over to her. “For abandoning you when you needed me!”

“Abandoning… me?” Luna shot her sister a queer look.

“Yes!” Celestia wailed. “I abandoned you, and you became Nightmare Moon!”

Luna was floored. Celestia had punished herself and felt so much guilt over the event, even now? “‘Tia,” Luna spoke determinedly. “Celestia. Look at me.”

Celestia’s head peeked up and she looked at Luna.

Luna put a hoof under Celestia’s chin to make sure she couldn’t look away. “You didn’t abandon me. I…” She looked away ashamedly. “You will hate me for the real reason.”

Celestia immediately uncurled herself and pulled Luna into another hug, much gentler this time. “Never. I could never hate you, Lu. Never in a million years.”

Luna let herself be hugged, but she didn’t believe Celestia one bit. “I… you remember how I seemed to follow you around when I was young?”

Celestia nodded. “I do. You look much like you did back then.”

“There was a reason I suddenly stopped.” Luna gulped. “It was my feelings. For you.”

Celestia said nothing, waiting for Luna to continue.

Luna buried her head in her sister’s fur and she whispered, “‘Tia… I love you.”

“And I love you too, Luna.”

“No, sister. I love you,” Luna put emphasis on the word love to make her point. Celestia stiffened, but otherwise hadn’t reacted. Luna took that as her cue to continue, “I followed you around because I thought it was some stupid crush.” She took a deep breath. “After awhile, I realized it wasn’t. I… didn’t want to push these feelings on you, and make you feel disgusted. Or worse, obligated to return them.”

“So I hid myself away. I refused to meet with anypony, thinking they somehow knew my secret. Worst of all, I hid from you so I wouldn’t have to deal with my feelings. I stopped sleeping for the same reason.” Luna tightened her grip on her sister’s barrel. “But that left me lonely, so I threw myself into my work.” Luna laughed sadly. “That was what caused it. The Nightmare caught me off guard after several weeks straight of working without sleep.”

Luna released Celestia and stood back, looking her in the eye as tears threatened to fall. “And now, rather than cause it all over again, I would rather tell you so we can get me fixed. So I can be normal.”

“Fixed?” Celestia stared at Luna, her mask betraying her internal conflict. “Luna. There’s nothing to fix.” Luna looked up at her sister. “You’re not broken, Luna. I… will admit being surprised by your confession, but you are not broken.” She scooped Luna into a wing.

“D-Don’t you find it disgusting?” Luna mewled. “That I am in love with my sister?” Celestia walked over to the bed and laid down, laying Luna on her belly.

“No, Luna. I don’t.” Celestia’s head moved down to kiss Luna under her horn. “I see my beautiful little sister who loves me as much as I do her.”

Luna jerked, nearly pushing her horn into Celestia’s nose. An instant later, Celestia cut off any attempted reply with her lips pressing firmly against Luna’s. After a few seconds, she pulled back.

“I love you too, Luna. Once you were gone, all I could think of was my sister.” Celestia turned away. “While you were in the moon, those feelings of loneliness and longing turned into guilt and shame. I found myself dreaming of you constantly, and all those little things you used to do for me before your banishment… I’ve fallen for you, Luna.” She turned back and poked Luna’s nose with a hoof. “If you’re broken, then so am I. And I don’t want to be fixed. I just want to love my sister.”

“Then, why did you break down earlier?” Luna moved forward, nuzzling Celestia.

Celestia sighed. “I couldn’t admit my feelings for you. My guilt broke my resolve.”

“That’s it?” Luna snuggled into her sister’s warmth.

“That’s it.”

“‘Tia?” Luna craned her neck up to see Celestia looking down at her.

“Yes?”

“We’re both idiots,” Luna spoke with the honesty usually only a child could manage.

Celestia burst out laughing, Luna joining shortly after. After a moment, they calmed down. “Yes, Lu. Yes we are.”

Author's Note:

Written the 9th September, 2014.

PreviousChapters Next