• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 1,883 Views, 18 Comments

To Kill A God - Darkswirl



Queen Chrysalis recounts her life and the events that led up to the invasion of Canterlot during the wedding of Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadance.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,883

A Dark Promise

But of course you wouldn't want to hear about my plight.

No, the only thing that interests you is how I managed to do it all.

How did I manage to sneak half of my kind into your capital and even impersonate your own niece? I realize, now, that I had done a poor job of actually impersonating her. You can understand my reasons, of course.

I was so close. So close to claiming revenge against him, he who had destroyed my kind. I was so close to making you pay for letting us die. I let my thoughts of victory cloud my mind until everything fell apart.

I must commend you. Despite everything, I realize you can still have a heart, even if only when it suits your needs. That Twilight Sparkle will make a fine heir, one day, as will my own kin.

You act surprised. Did you really think that, after all that has happened to us, we would truly die off so easily? That we would crumble to dust after a single defeat, that we would fade away into darkness? No, we Changelings are a hardy sort. A new queen has already been birthed, and my only regret is that I cannot be there to be a mother to her, as my own had tried to do, for me.

We will return, this I promise. My race will not rest until Discord is dead, whether that be as broken stone beneath our hooves, or as decaying flesh. We will have our revenge, on a god, and a betrayer. I promise you this.

You stand there, accusing me of being nothing more than a monster and a parasite, asking why I do the things that I do; did the things that I did?

I will tell you, Celestia, and I pray to whatever gods that smiled upon your kingdom, but turned their backs on mine, that you will understand.

You ask me why I am the creature that I am?

I will tell you, Celestia:

Love.

Comments ( 17 )

I like ths theory. Thank you for that good, short story.

Very well done. I've never personally been a fan of the 'changelings are flutter-ponies twisted by Discord' theme, instead going for them being a totally separate species like zebras, but you present it very well.

i'm enjoying this. I want to learn more. I am favoriting and liking this! :)

Very interesting plot. Good story

We learned to see better in the dark, and grew membranes over our eyes to keep out the dust from the storms.

So evolution is magic, too.

You know I can't give you extra points for completing a multichapter story on this one.

what made the story really really good is the ending it's amazing I love it

5296571 Just saying that less than three thousand years is a bit of an uncommon timespan to grow new membranes.
Discord's magic could still be changing them through his stone prison.
Celestia could've let him live because she knows the fragments of his still vibrating magic is necessary to ease the pain of all his preys.
Sequel possible.

I also could've said "I smell something happening with The Story That Never Happened". Apparently there is, but this barely is the place for it.

5297580 Discord's magic was still changing them, but that was before he had even been defeated by Celestia and Luna.

5297610 Huh. Timelines are too bitchy to be analysed within ten minutes.

5297824 Just found this to be in the popular box and saw that I didn't even bother to rate the story. Can't believe I'm in THAT phase of using fimfiction.

Here's hoping the Cutelings eventually have their revenge and perhaps put Sunbutt in a comfy cocoon. :pinkiehappy:

Cya
Raziel-chan

Great origin story for the chanelings. Really enjoyed the reading. :twilightsmile:

just came across a reading of this story today. ..and i might be over analyzing the ending. but if Chrysalis is saying that love caused them to change. . .does that mean the ponies are going to change as well?

I came across Ribon Chan's reading of this, and i was like, I MUST READ THIS. That and her Chrysalis voice was both convincing and chilling at the same time O_O

Loved this one too XD

Login or register to comment