• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 1,815 Views, 46 Comments

Lovely little Tyrant - Zarius9998



Pfft, no such thing as tyrannical love, right?...right...?

  • ...
1
 46
 1,815

We all know you adore her, and now she knows too.

"Pffff-aaahhh! Hahahaaaa!"

"A-and she just WAVED BACK!?"

"Yeah! Oh dear ME yes!" I clutched at my own ribs, almost in pain at how much I had been laughing it up with my good ol' buddy Dissy, "It was just soooo adorable, actually..." The memory brought a nice, warm feeling.

Her cheery yet stern smile...

The glow of the very moon behind those eyes...

I always loved those eyes...

"Reminiscing?"

I snapped back into reality, shaking my head and staring back at the smug grin Discord trained onto me.

"Yeah...you could say that."

A long moment of silence passed between us, during which Dissy tapped the container which trapped him. This container, of course, reinforced the contempt I felt for Celestia...

"Why didn't you just tell Luna? All those years ago?"

The question was expected, but it didn't make me want to answer it anymore.

"You know back then Celestia and I would have done anything for eachother. We would have kept any secret, fought any foe, or assuaged any wound." I paused to see if Discord had any input.

He did not.

With a 'hmph,' I continued, "We actually borderlined on lovers, to be honest. Might have actually become a THING if...she hadn't made that one, fatal request..."

Without missing a beat, Discord asked, "What request?"

He knew full well what I was talking about. He saw it all, watching as the horror unfolded, slowly. He had long been imprisoned by Celestia for attempting to change the laws of reality—even through the protests of their years of friendship—but he still could watch.

Chaos is, after all, much like Harmony: It is omniscient. It is constant.

"She asked me to...replace her..."

I really did not want to go on...the whole story was just...a travesty. Right from the beginning, I knew something would go wrong, that someone would end up hurt.

In the end, we were all hurt.

...

But that is really a story for another time.

"So what happened?"

Ugh. Typical shrink: Ask questions, grin or nod, then move on without so much as an acknowledgment. Still...it is Discord, he tends to always know exactly what he's doing with some kind of underlying purpose.

...I think.

"I took a strong liking to the little one...she thought we were sisters, I ended up loving her, and never wanted to let her leave." The memories...they started flowing back like a river, smooth and calm and serene, filled with beauty...

But of course...it soon came to be rapids, churning angrily towards the end. Toward the one last drop, all water-falling into a pit of rage.

She became jealous.

A battle was fought.

And...my little one was hurt...her rage boiling into The Nightmare...

"I never forgave Celestia...I probably never will, for as long as I live."

Discord snorted, "Who knows, that might not be very long!"

My eyes snapped wide as saucers at this remark. He betrayed no signs which might have told me if he was trying to warn me of something, or if he was just being...his annoying self.

He grinned like a cheesier cat, "Oh Chryssy, things are going to unfold soon, you know." I swear, if my exoskeleton allowed me to sweat, I probably would have.

Instead, my color slowly faded to a pale grey.

"I suggest..." he drew the word out, toying with me, clearly. I didn't quite enjoy it, though, "you go live-up the new Equestrian life before time is up."

"What do you mean?" I asked quickly, gritting my teeth and shouting, "What are you telling me? I'm going to die?"

"I cannot reveal everything, now can I?" he bent his serpentine shape to a very odd-looking Q shape...somehow, and shrugged, "It just wouldn't be fun! Plus, it's not my job."

"What? Then who's 'job' is it?" I demanded an answer to this, narrowing my eyes darkly as they flashed a menacing green and blue.

"Ever wonder why your wounds healed so quickly?" he asked suddenly, seeming to avoid my demand entirely.

Hesitantly, though, I still played along and left the question in the back of my mind. It will be for another time, I guess, "...Yes...it wouldn't be you, would it?"

"Heh, sorry, not me." He snickered, irritating me slightly, "Now I might be overstepping my boundaries here a bit, but answering your first question would be far, far too much, so...here goes."

I patiently waited on my haunches, expression stern and serious while I awaited my answer from the Mad-God.

"Ever seem like, since your reveal at the Wedding, that massive amounts of unknown thoughts of love, admiration, and awe have just flown at you from seemingly nowhere?"

Thinking back, I did recognize his point, so I nodded slowly, eyes narrowing again as I wondered where he was going with this.

"There're...creatures out there..." he started, slowly, as if trying to choose the right words so as not to 'overstep his boundaries,' I guess.

"Who watch us, and adore us."

"As in, you and I?" I asked curiously.

"No no. Far more than that." he grinned such a mad smile that I thought his face would explode.

Which...in all honesty, I wouldn't put past him.

"Everyone! EveryTHING. You and I. Celestia and Luna. Twilight and the other Elements. That bubbly Pegasus...they really seem to like her for some reason...everyone." He rubbed his chin in thought, "I think Pinkie Pie knows about them...and I know a certain minty-colored unicorn definitely knows about them."

I quickly started to think that I maybe shouldn't have inquired into his mind like this...clearly he was speaking of things beyond what I, or really anypony—or anyTHING—should ever know.

Perhaps this was why he became so...mad. So messed-up.

I was then starting to think of what he was like before what he is now, but decided that I should never get too curious, else I might ask him and get much more than I ever wanted, or most likely needed for that matter.

"But anyway...I again suggest you go see what kind of life your 'little one,' as you call her, has sparked throughout all of Equestria."

Attention now focused on Discord's new morsel of info, I leaned in closer, curious as to what he was talking about.

"I'm sure that none of your spies had much time to explore the deeper parts of pony life. The darker parts, one might say, actually!" Flinging his arms out wide, he concluded, "Go to a rave! See what Luna has inspired!"

I blinked several times, smiling a blank smile with naïve eyes staring into nothing...

Hmm...well, if I'm going to die...

"...What's a rave and how do I do one?"