• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 1,795 Views, 21 Comments

A Changelings Life - Tik-Tok-deerpony



a changeling is found on the door steps of the Crystal palace

  • ...
11
 21
 1,795

books and sports

Knock! Knock! Knock!


“It's time to get up Neon.” My Mom says as she opens my door. I groan as i raise my head up from my guide to historic crystal empire textbook I had been reading when i went to bed. Mom gives me a disapproving look as I close the textbook.


“What have I told you about staying up reading all night Neon?”


“To be in bed by eleven.” I mumble.


Satisfied by my answer, my mom heads back downstairs to make sure breakfast didn't burn. I got up from my chair to follow her, only stopping to stash the mithril box under my bed. As i headed down the stairs, i could smell the hay bacon and pancakes that was cooking in the kitchen.


I sat down and poured myself a glass of orange juice as my mom set the table. I started to eat my meal as fast as i could so as to get back to finding information on the box.


“Neon! Slow down! Can you even taste the food inhaling it like that?” My Mom scolds me. I slow down as told.


After what seemed like forever i finally finished my food. But by this time, i was feeling antsy, so I decided to head outside and worry about the box later.


As i walked down the road, I thought about what i could do till Emma got done with her lessons. As a lot of my favorite places were closed so they can prepare for the diplomatic meeting in a few days, i decided to wander around town till i found something to do.


As i flew over the the town, I saw a hoofball game being setup by some of my classmates. I grinned as I decided to see if i could join them. My classmates took notice of me as i flew in for a landing.


“Hey Neon, where one short, do you think you can join us?” Velvet Lining asks me when I touched down.


“You know i'm always up for a game of hoofball.” I reply with a grin on my face.


“Ok, you will be on Cookie Crumbles team.” She says as she points to a pale yellow crystal earth pony. “No flying, but contact is allowed.” She informs me. I nod my head in understanding before I follow my team mates to our side of the field.


“Ok mates, here's the plan, me, Tank, Gem, Adanac, Satsuma, and Dewdrop will be the linebackers. Neon, Dusty, and Zodiac will be the receivers. Dusk will be our quarterback.” Cookie says.


After we come up with a few plays, we headed to the center of the field, where Velvets team wins the bit toss. There first play gets them a first down on the 20 yard line. We manage to keep them from getting another first down, so they go for the kick, earning them 3 points. We get the ball next, but butterscotch intercepts the ball and scores a touchdown.


They manage to score another field goal before we get a touchdown and a field goal of our own. The next two plays went without either side scoring. Swift makes another touchdown before Zodiac scores another field goal.


The game stays with us trailing Velvets team for the next hour. The game ends when Zodiac has to go home for lunch. The final score was 32-38. Feeling tired, i decide to head home to continue to look into the box and the creatures that made it.


I decided to stop by Crystal Candies to pick myself up a treat before I headed home. I decided to get myself a sugared crystal plum. Just before i left Crystal Candies, I ran into Star Shower, one of the few other pegasus in the Crystal Empire. She had turquoise fur and lavender hair with silver streaks.


“Hi Neon! How has your day been?” Star asks me.


“Good so far, i just had a hoofball game over on the field.” I reply before taking a bite of my plum.


“Oh? Did you win?” She asks.


“Nah, Velvets team won, but i’ll win next time.” I reply with confidence.


“So you played against velvet? I heard she is going to try out for the hoofball team this fall.” She says.


“Really? Well it's not going to be easy to get on the team. She's going to have to do her best to make tryouts.” I reply. “I got to go, i'm supposed to be meeting Emma in a few hours.” I say to her.


“Well i won't keep you waiting, tell Emma Star said hello when you see her.” She says before telling me goodbye.


Not many ponies knew why Star came to the Empire. Those of us who star had told knew that her parents died when she was young. Some friends of her parents decided to take her in instead of having go to an orphanage.


After I finished my plum I continued my journey back home. When I arrived, my Mom was in the living room dusting.


“Dinner will be ready in a few hours.” Mom greeted me as I flew up the stairs.


I closed my bedroom door behind me before i headed to my desk. I frowned. The textbook i had left on it when went down to breakfast was gone. I looked under the desk and behind it to see if it fell, but I didn't find it. I also looked under my bed to see if i had accidentally put it with the box, but the box was the only thing under the bed.


“Mom! Do you know where my copy of a guide to historic crystal empire textbook is?” I yelled down the stairs.

“I put it on the shelf next to your snowglobe!” She yelled back. I rolled my eyes. My mom had to have been the neatest pony in the Empire. I flew up to the self where she had put the book to get it, but in the process, accidentally knocked the shelf down.

Comments ( 3 )

don't do those kind of jokes there the worst.

7086749

7085671 I realized that the joke wasn't a good idea about 5 minuets after I posted it. but by then it was too late.

7392436 lol, im glad u like it. :pinkiehappy:Sorry it took me a while to reply. Nearest wifi here is a 3 mile walk.:twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment