• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 1,788 Views, 21 Comments

A Changelings Life - Tik-Tok-deerpony



a changeling is found on the door steps of the Crystal palace

  • ...
11
 21
 1,788

prologue-revised

It was early morning and I was wondering the halls of the Crystal palace. It had been a couple of months since King Sombra had been defeated. I was headed to the kitchen to get an early breakfast. I, unluckily, had gotten lost.

“Why did Sombra have to make his castle so confusing?” I mutter to myself. All the halls looked identical, despite my wife’s attempts to decorate the place. A servant bowed to me as he passed.

“Good morning Sir.” He says.

“Can you show me to the kitchen? I’m afraid I’m lost again Jenkins.” I ask him.

“Right this way Sir.” Jenkins says as he turns around and trots away. My stomach grumbling, I follow. Soon after, we arrive at the kitchens.

“The kitchens, Sir.”

“Thank you Jenkins.”

“Do you wise me to guide you to the fridge, Sir?” he asks.

“That won’t be nessisery.” I inform him. I head into the kitchen, determined not to lose my way this time. The kitchen was about the size of one and a half hoofball fields and very cluttered. You needed a masters in navigation in order to move around in here.

After a half hour, I managed to find the fridge and grab the milk. Shortly after that, I found the coco puffs. When I left the kitchen, Jenkins was still standing there.

“Do you require help to find the dining room Sir?” Jenkins asks.

“Yes, yes I do.”


After I made it to the dining room, I had to go back for a bowl and a spoon. When I finally finished my breakfast, I started to make my way back to my sleeping quarters. Unfortunately, I found myself once again, lost. I sighed. I was never going to get used to my new home.

I wandered around the palace hoping to find a landmark that I could use to find my way back to the bed chamber. After about half an hour, I found myself down what appeared to be a forgotten servant passageway. That, or I did not know where I was. I decided to head down it, seeing as I had just as good of a chance of finding my chambers as any other hallway. About halfway down I came across a door, with what sounded like crying coming from it. It wasn’t the kind of crying that you would make if you were hurt or sad, but more like that of an infant. I frowned. I had no knowledge of any foals in the palace, so I decided to open the door.

A cool blast of early morning air hit me in the face as the door swung open. I looked down at the source of the crying to see a small black foal thrashing around in a small basket. I used my magic to pick up a note that had fallen out due to the baby.

My lawyer says you get to keep one. I forgot what his/her name is. Love queen C.

A feeling of dread went through me as I reread the note. I let it fall from my magic as I lit up my horn to get a better look at the foal. As I bent down I got a good look at its eyes. My pupils’ delated, and I break out in a cold sweat. Cadence was going to kill me for this one.