• Published 19th Nov 2014
  • 7,621 Views, 162 Comments

Fluttershy The Kindest Changeling Queen - Changeing Winter



Fluttershy is a shy yellow coloured pegasus pony from cloudsdale who loves animals right? What if there was more to this friend then meets the eye? What if she was one of the rare changeling queens?

  • ...
18
 162
 7,621

Chapter 6 Time Goes On, Part 2

Late in the night at Carousal Boutique...

Rarity toiled away for hours and hours, sewing the same dresses over and over again.

"Augh." She groaned. "Why did Hoity Toity have to place such a large order?"

After seeing her makeshift fashion show earlier that day, Hoity Toity had decided to placed a very large order for multiple replicas of all the dress's used in the show. Rarity, wanting to get her work out and earn some money at the same time had happily accepted the job and had gotten to work immediately.

Unfortunately she had severally overestimated her own abilities. The dresses were due to be picked up in two days, so now Rarity was forced to work overtime as she had only completed 25% of the order.

"Uhh." Rarity sighed wearily. "I know I still have work to do, there is no way I can complete this order in the next two days If I don't... keep... working...*Yawn*."

"Though I really do need some sleep... I guess I'll have to call it a night." Rarity stopped her sewing machine and left her workshop, turning off the lights as she did.

A few second later, Rarity was sleeping soundly in her bed.

Leaving the boutique dark and quite...

For about three minutes.

"Operation secret silk sewing is go! Move changelings move!" Silent wing yelled through the hive mind as he silently entered the boutique through the windows, along with four other changelings.

Quietly all five of them made their way in the dark, all the way to Rarity's clothing workshop.

"Alright team, fan out and get to work. I want it done well and I want done fast so if you don't want to disappoint me then I want to see perfection!".

"Sir yes sir!" A chorus of voices respond from the other four changelings, as they began their daunting task.

They started by analysing the schematics, then they read about the techniques, next they gathered all the necessary materials and finally...

They began to sew Rarity's dresses.

Fluttershy had decided that after the poor treatment her friend Rarity had gone through, it wasn't enough to just help her with one dress.

So she had organised some of her hive to help Rarity with her work order.

Silent Wing had immediately volunteered to lead the operation, Infiltration was 'his thing' after all. (He will also never admit to anyling that he really liked sewing, and wanted the opportunity to exercise his hidden hobby.)

A few hours of work later and the five changelings had finished another 25% of the order, before they finally decided they'd done enough, they began to leave.

"Sir?" One of the changelings asked. "How are we going to make sure Rarity isn’t suspicious of all the extra work?”

"Excellent question my fellow infiltrator. I have come up with a genius, absolutely fool proof plan! That is why they call me the ultimate super best infiltrator in the universe, after all!"

"No one calls you tha-"

"I CALL ME THAT!"

*Ahem*

"As I was saying, this is my genius plan!" Silent Wing pulled out a small piece of Paper and placed it where it was easily visible on a nearby table.

On the piece of paper there was some goofy writing that read. "It was Pinkie Pie, don't question it."

"That's... actually rather brilliant sir."

"Of course it is. Now lets get out of here quickly."

The five changelings disappeared into the night...

The next morning.

"Well, time to get to work." Rarity sighed "At least I got a good nights sleep but there's still so much work left to do."

Rarity made her way in to her dress making workshop...

"By Celestia! who did all this?" Rarity shrieked as she found that about double the amount of dresses were finished this morning than she had left finished last night.

"Surely there must be some kind of explanation for this..." Rarity spotted the piece of paper left on the table, she picked it up and began reading it to herself.

Eventually, she sighed and said.

"Its always Pinkie Pie isn't it?"


Frogey Bottom Bog.

A marshy area home to many different species of frogs.

For obvious reasons (The fact that the marshes are smelly) nopony ever really visited the bog.

Unfortunately this had led to many different hostile creatures taking up residence in the area due to the lack of ponies coming out to hunt them. Making the bog a very dangerous place to be.

Now that Fluttershy and by extension her hive had discovered this...

Go! attack with fervour! Thunder Hooves had decided to use it as a training area for both himself and the hive's new, slowly growing and improving defence force. Due to his passion, skill and dedication this had surprisingly good results.

"You call that a punch manticore? This is a PUNCH!"

*BAM!*

He might of been a bit too passionate about it though...


The sonic rainboom.

Ever since Fluttershy had seen it as a child, she remembered it as the most beautiful and magical thing in the entire world.

So when she founded her hive she absolutely had to tell all her children about it.

Then, when Rainbow Dash performed a sonic rainboom for the second time...

"A SONIC RAINBOOM! SHE DID IT!"

The entire hive began cheering.


Torture...

Mind destroying torture...

"They all say that you'll get your mark.
When the time is really right.
And you know just what you're supposed to do.
And your talent comes to light..."

Thirty five changeling infiltrators, (All the infiltrator's in the hive) writhed in pain and agony from the auditory assault on their ears.

Silent Wing was using his magic to project the event for all the infiltrators to see. After the entire song had been allowed to play all the way through, he finally decide to stop it and ask a question.

"So," He began "Why did I decide to show you that particular performance?"

"Sir?" One of the changelings spoke up. "Is it because you were angry that you happened to be in the audience when this performance started, and now you want to share your pain with the rest of the hive?"

"Yes." Silent Wing agreed, entirely serious. "That's one reason, any others?"

"Sir?" a different changeling asked. "Is it to show us how to NOT act?"

"Yes!" Silent wing yelled happily. "Cookies for that changeling!"

"My names Carl."

"Cookies for Carl! Remember changeling's, what you see before you is not acting, it is a form of torture that is so terrible and horrifying that even the griffons wouldn't use it!"

"Now..." Silent trailed of. "How about we all forget this performance ever happened and go on with our lives?"

All the changelings in the room agreed immediately.


If Fluttershy had become a famous fashion model before she discovered the element of Kindness then it would of been useful as an excellent source of emotions.

Now however it was useful as an amazing source of revenue.

Fluttershy herself did not use a lot of money, she did however know that there would be times when her hive could use the money either for infiltration purposes, or for buying things from ponies that her children could not produce in the hive themselves.

She did not stay a fashion model for long though, it was simply too risky to be constantly seen by that many ponies, that and it was very stressful. So when Rarity admitted that she didn't actually want to force Fluttershy to become a model she happily took the opportunity to quit the business.

She still had all the money she earned though, that and a better understanding of her friend Rarity.

Both would be very useful.


"What is the real story mother?" Primrose asked through the hive mind.

"What do you mean my child?" Fluttershy had just finished telling her cutiemark story to Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie belle.

"You told them that story from the perspective of you as a Pegasus, what was it like for you as a changeling?"

Fluttershy giggled slightly before responding.

"Well even when you include the fact that I'm a changeling into the story its actually still mostly the same. There isn't much else to say."

"Tell us mum!" Multiple voices from the hive mind chorused.

"Well... alright."

"When I was in flight camp... only Rainbow Dash was my friend, the other ponies pushed my away because of how strange and shy I was. Normally just one pony can provide enough emotional energy to feed a changeling but...

"You were a growing changeling queen." Primrose concluded. "So you needed much more energy than a normal changeling in order to develop properly."

"Yes that's right Primrose. Due to my lack of emotional energy I was constantly feeling drained and nauseous, it also stunted my growth. All of this only made ponies think I was weird, so I got even less and less energy."

"Until the day of the sonic rainboom race."

"When I fell off that cloud down to the ground bellow... The animals gave me love. They didn't judge me for being strange or shy, when I comforted them after the sonic rainboom they only loved me more and... I felt like I belonged for the first time. that's why I made my cutiemark butterfly's, to remember the animals that brought energy and meaning into my life... Brought love into my life."

"But now you have us mother."

"You've given us love and care since the day we were born"

"In return we've served you and together we have built something amazing."

"Now we will always be with you, in peace or war, thick and thin we'll always be there."

"We love you mum!"

"T-thank you children, I will cherish your love forever!"


Darkness...

Fluttershy once again found herself floating in darkness.

Then the light of the element of Kindness shone again.

"Your kindness truly knows no bounds, queen Fluttershy."

"Treasure your bonds with your friend and your family"

"Because you will need them."

"The Darkness grows stronger each passing day."

"But the darkness is not the first challenge you will face."

"Old stone walls won't hold him down."
"So patiently he waits around."
"Soon abnormal here will be the norm."
"Enjoy the calm before the storm."

"While darkness rises..."

"Chaos awakens."

"Prepare yourself, Fluttershy."

With that cryptic warning, Fluttershy drifted off into a dreamless slumber.

Author's Note:

Comments! Feed me more of your comments for they sustain my ancient powers!

Seriously though, thank you guys for all of amazing comments (and grammatical corrections).