• Published 7th Dec 2014
  • 3,161 Views, 35 Comments

To Be Adored - Dragon Spire



Abandoned and starving, Aria Blaze spends her lingering hours with but a wish to sing once more. But she doesn't realize she's not alone . . .

  • ...
7
 35
 3,161

Epilogue

She couldn't stay with him.

Aria knew that the moment they'd kissed after he told her 'I know a broken soul when I see one.'

He had offered to let her stay at his house for the night, and then promised to help her get back on her feet. Granted, Aria didn't want to make trouble for him, but he eventually convinced her that it was in her best interest.

But it wouldn't end there. A time would come when Flash would ask her to come back to Canterlot High, just to get an education, maybe make new friends. And then he'd ask her to try being friends with the Rainbooms. She knew he wasn't manipulating her, but he would keep encouraging her to do so, and after all she did to hurt everyone at the school, she couldn't face them.

She hated herself for being a coward, but running into the Rainbooms again would only bring pain to Flash, and to Twilight, if she came back, and she couldn't do that to either of them.

She woke just before dawn with her plan already set. Gathering up her things, including a spare leather jacket that Flash insisted she take, she snuck to the room across from hers, where Flash slept.

Aria had no plans for world domination, nor to seize revenge. She would travel to a nearby town, maybe get herself into a music showcase, where she could show off her talent reborn, and get some money in. After raising enough, she'd move elsewhere, mostly so that Flash wouldn't follow her, try to bring her back. She would become stronger than ever before, but only to have audiences praising her willingly. Real, genuine adoration would be hers.

She had a gut-feeling this plan meant she would never see Flash again. But if it meant he would be saved from losing his reputation by hanging out with a Siren, then the price was acceptable. Because of this, she needed to see him one last time.

Aria walked beside his bed, staring off into space. She had nothing left, yet he gave her his compassion, and a second chance to live. That was a debt she could never repay. Yet, it would be cruel to leave without giving him something to at least remember her by.

She had to leave. Now. Or else she'd never get the chance. Once she placed her gift on the desk by his window, she darted out of the room. Maybe one day, he'd forgive her for this. Maybe he'd understand that she couldn't stay. But she prayed that he would never come after her. No monster was worth hunting where she was going.

Goodbye. And thank you for believing in me.

When Flash would awaken an hour later for school, he would find Aria's gift, and treasure it above all his other possessions.

Because Aria's star-cluster hair clips were so precious to her, letting them go would set her free from the sins of her past.

Comments ( 25 )

An Aria story? Someone actually remembered that there was a third Siren? Damn I would vote up just for that. Not bad, and I see a "Take That" in there in regards to Flash, AH HAH SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE. Only real complaint is the quickness of the romance

There are a lot of good ideas here. Some of them hit home, some of them are a bit rushed, and I'll be frank, the "romance" doesn't just come out of left field, it jumps down from the bleachers. I honestly think the story is better off without it.

The main thrust of the story and the connection between the characters is novel and enjoyable, however. I do wonder what this would have been like if you hadn't limited yourself to a week. :twilightsmile:

10/10, Very well done.

5353013 Thank you for your helpful criticism. Now I know for the next time I write a romance story. :twilightsmile:
5353041 Thank you. I don't hate Flash either. The only thing that prevents me from loving him is underdeveloped character. Then again, I can just leave that to the fandom.

5353093 Your advice is appreciated, and I will keep it in mind the next time I write.
5353095 Thank you :pinkiehappy:

5353227
My suggestion is read a lot of good romance fics and get an idea as to how they do it. But generally going from them just meeting to him say I love you ten minutes later is a bad thing

Flash, take good care of those for her. :)

I remember you asking about this on the dA comments for the cover photo - nice to see it here. Aria certainly needs the love in the writing community. =) Good mix of heartwarming and sad, and an interesting take with the thought of including Flash. Progressed quickly, but that makes sense given the challenge. Interesting twist in the epilogue, which fits well imo.

What is this? You actually paired up the Waifu stealer with the worst siren? You deserve an up vote just for your guts!

Disclaimer: I do not hate Flash for the stealing of Waifus nor do I dislike Aria, I was just referring to how these two are commonly depicted in the fandom.

>>SkycatcherEQ

Aria certainly needs the love in the writing community

Hear, hear!

My feels...

5353758 I more of shipped them because like many fans, I don't agree with FlashLight shipping, and I wanted to do an interesting ship, one that hadn't done before.
Plus, Aria's actually my favorite siren. Mostly because she has so much potential, and I feel for her the most.

5353759 :twilightoops: I had no idea that was referencing Islam culture. I just meant that as something Aria would see, believing that she still had hope.
Also, I'm glad somebody got that reference.

5353823 Celestia, no! As someone who doesn't care for sex fics, I was not going to do anything like that. (I'm not yelling at you, I'm just saying that with Aria having nothing, the last thing she needs is sex.)

Standing up stiffly, she stared curiously at the star. And before she knew it, she said aloud, "I don't know if you can hear me, or if you're even there . . ."
She shook her head in disbelief. I'm talking to a star. But she continued, "But if you can or will . . . I want to sing again. I've horrible things to the creatures of this world, and to Equestria, and I do hate the Rainbooms for taking my voice away. But I just can't live like this anymore." She gripped the window sill with a crushing strength as a new wave of pain crashed upon her. "I won't beg. But if I can sing just once, maybe I can be at peace, and no one will ever have to hear from me again. Please . . . help me."

She shivered again. I don't believe this. I ask a star for my voice to return, and I get him here? This is exactly what I get for wishing on stars. All I wish now is that Sonata didn't make me watch that stupid cartoon.

Is this a reference to Snowdrop?

5358022 No, but it is referencing another popular cartoon that involves wishing on stars:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRqvbbj1GYY

I think I like my least favourite siren a bit more now.

But if it meant he would saved from losing his reputation by hanging out with a Siren, then the price was acceptable.

a part of me thinks it should be "but if it meant he would be saved from..."

also, bittersweet ending... been some time since i saw one that i liked.
That was... damn, I have no words.
It was something I would like to see more of.

5467519 Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for pointing out the typos, which have been fixed.

Concerning Aria's new amulet, it did come out of nowhere. I've always thought of the Dazzlings' old amulets as a symbol of their selfish desires; stealing magic, brainwashing people to turn against one another, etc. And Aria's new amulet--which only appeared because she accepted that she could change--is a symbol of her redemption. I hope that answers your question. :derpytongue2:

Oh my gosh twist ending!:pinkiegasp: I thought that she would stay. Any way, great story and ending.:pinkiehappy:

5845412 Aw, thank you. Have a mustache :moustache:

5912097 That does sound a lot like Aria, now that you mention it. Unfortunately, I wasn't referencing any copyrighted song in particular, but using a fan song (Lyrics only, sadly) written by SkycatcherEquestria (The artist of the cover art. You can find the song by clicking source and looking in the description.) From there I just wrote my own interpretation to what I thought the lyrics meant to Aria.

Beautiful sad story. It's just that the romance was a little rushed, and I wish there had been a better resolution.

That was beautiful

Login or register to comment