• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 2,369 Views, 76 Comments

Applejacked - Gregory the Mighty



Something is wrong with Applejack. If they can't fix it in one day, her friends will die.

  • ...
9
 76
 2,369

Epilogue: Spike's Hearts and Hooves Gift

Spike’s Hearts and Hooves Gift
by Haze-man
proofreader Invizibilit3

Canterlot was in a new age. The return of Celestia from her years of exile was greeted with boisterous enthusiasm. A spirit of palpable forgiveness hung over all of Equestria for months to follow. Indeed, there was a spike in births 9 months after Princess Celestia returned to royal duties.

Spike and Rarity were now living in Canterlot. Most of the main six were back in Ponyville raising families while the lovely unicorn and dragon couple were still childless. They saw Twilight Sparkle from time to time, but they hadn’t been in the castle in years.

It was Hearts and Hooves day. Spike had been outdoing himself each time and a suite in the castle was the coup de grace. He had to call in several favors to get them checked into that tower suite last night, and he he had even more favors to ask before tonight.

He knocked on the office of Princess Celestia.

“Do come in. I’ve been expecting you,Spike.”

Spike sheepishly crept into the grand office. Celestia’s desk sat in the middle of a grand observatory on the highest tower of the castle. The balcony doors were open and a pleasant breeze crossed the room. The Princess was sitting quietly drinking tea. “How is Rarity enjoying her suite? I bet it really sets the mood, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, about that. I was wondering if you could help us out with something...”

“Oh, well I’m really not into the group thing. But I can give you some bananas...”

“Eep! No! I’m sorry. I was talking about something else. You see, I’m a dragon, and she’s a pony. So... we’ve been trying for foals for a while now. It hasn’t been working out so good. I thought, for once, we could try it as two ponies? I know it takes a lot of magic to do something like that, so I’m guessing you’re the only pony in the world who could do this for us...”

The Princess set down her tea. “You realize there is very little chance that this would solve the problem. It takes many matings over a period of time to actually get pregnant, even if you were both ponies...”

“I know. But I’d like to at least try. I think it would make Rarity happy.”

“I can do this, but I can only do it once. And you can only stay a pony for one day. One day.”

“I know, but this is for Rarity...”

“I suspected you’d say that. Very well. Prepare, Spike the Dragon, I shall grant your wish.” Celestia began to summon great magical power from her horn. It glowed with a magnificent brightness Spike had never seen before.

Light came in from the walls and the windows. It latched onto him from every direction like magnets. He began to warm, like being wrapped in a large wool blanket. Then he started to change.

* * *

Spike’s new body soft and supple compared to his old scaly one. Even his new hooves seemed soft in comparison to his old claws and he trotted over the fine marble floors of the castle.

It was worse than walking on eggshells; it was as if he WAS a giant eggshell. “How do they walk on these smooth floors with hooves?!” Spike might as well have been trotting across ice. He was slipping as he walked and felt he could tumble over at any moment. Worse he felt naked and vulnerable without his scales. He was scared of breaking to pieces if he fell over.

Before he got too panicked, he stole himself. “For Rarity...”

* * *

Spike opened the door to the castle’s guest suite to find a horrifying sight. There were claw marks on the floor, shattered mirrors and the drapes had been shredded. The furniture was upturned and in disarray.

As he trotted further into the room, he could hear sobs. Sobs of Rarity. He panicked momentarily, but when he stepped beyond the bed, he could see a shape huddled behind it. Spike was scared of this new shape initially, but then he came to a revelation. It was Rarity. Rarity as a dragon.

She was smaller than she was as a pony, if only just. She was covered with pearl-white scales that shined like silver before the sunlight. While she had purple spines on her head, her tail was now long and snake-like.

“No! Don’t look at me! I’m hideous. This was a horrible idea!”

“What happened? HOW did this happen?”

“I wanted to surprise you for Hearts and Hooves day, so I went to Princess Luna. She said she’d turn me into a dragon for just one day. But now I don’t know how to walk or anything! I’m all thumbs! Thumbs, what are these devilish devices?!”

“Rarity! I went to Princess Celestia and asked her to make me a pony for one day, just for you. Today is all I have.”

“Oh no! This is terrible! I wanted to do something special for Hearts and Hooves day, but now it’s all ruined! I can’t even leave the room without destroying everything! Of all the things that could have gone wrong, this is the worst!” She rubbed her claws against her face, sobbing.

Spike stepped over and dried her tears. “It’s okay. You did this for me. I did this for you. We really care about each other. Isn’t that what Hearts and Hooves day is really about?”

“But I’m too terrified to leave this room! What are we going to do all day?”

Spike gave a devilish smirk and threw Rarity onto the bed.

* * *

The sun was shining at the at the park. In the sandbox, two foals played as their mothers looked on. Princess Reinette was set upon the task of making the biggest pile of sand possible, where Rainbowshy was building her own world, complete with a river and community center. They may look like small piles of sand to the casual onlooker, but to her they were tiny households with their own story.

“I hear Rainbow Dash is thinking about having one herself. She was talking the other night about this hunk of an orange pegasus.” commented Fluttershy.

Applejack removed her hat. “I heard there were... complications to that relationship. Ah, well, couldn’t be more crazy than what we’ve been through, right?”

The yellow pegasus nodded in agreement.

A few minutes later, a cheery Twilight Sparkle and her assistant, Tinker strolled down the park’s path. “Hey girls.” Applejack and Fluttershy were elated to see their old friend.

“Twi! Good to see you! It’s been ages! What brings you here?” said Applejack.

“Oh, I come bringing big news!”

“Is this big news about you?” asked Fluttershy meekly.

Twilight and Tinker exchanged a knowing glance. “We have some news, but that will have to wait for another day. This news is much bigger!” She leaned in and whispered something into her friend’s ears.

“I thought it was impossible for a dragon to get a pony pregnant.” gasped AJ.

“Oh, it is, but apparently it’s very easy for a pony to get a dragon pregnant!”

Comments ( 10 )

just one question: Sequel?

WHAT?!?! ONLY ONE COMMENT ON THE EPILOGUE?

Wow, that's surprising, especially seeing how much I've enjoyed this story myself.

Seriously, I'm at a loss for words on how little reception this ending seemed to get.

Anyway, I myself really enjoyed this entire story as a sequel and thought it a fitting ending.

Is it completed? Because I wanted to finish it on one sitting.

1085595
This IS the sequel... Thus, TRILOGY!!!

1537967

Sir, you are the first to marathon comment this story late at night. I salute you, sir! :rainbowdetermined2:

1543968 Something else I tend to do at times when I should be sleeping is type a lot, hahaha

This and the other story were great! I love how the stories are many chapters but the part that's what the story was named for is just the first chapter and the rest are like the after story. I was confused at first but I love that!:twilightsmile:

Well...This was a absolute ROLLER-COASTER on Caffeine of a story..

Login or register to comment