• Published 4th Dec 2014
  • 747 Views, 4 Comments

The Reconciling of Outcasts - Shadowsciver



After being exiled from equestria, a strange pony is sent to a mysterious parallel world. Can he learn what he must, of friendship and love, before returning becomes nothing more than wishful thinking?

  • ...
5
 4
 747

Prologue: Exile

"Do you have anything to say before I begin?" The royal voice called down at the cloaked colt firmly, yet with an almost melancholy note. He looked up, the corner of his mouth turned up in a slight grin.

"Nothing that would change anything, Princess." He matched her tone, his eyes glancing to the guards posted at his sides.

She sighed, looking up to the ceiling, then back to the pony in front of her. "I don't want to have to do this a second time but I have no choice. For your sin, you have even exiled. You will be sent somewhere your magic will have very little influence or effect, and will be stripped of your title, rank, and privileges. Due to your past accomplishments and relations with the kingdom, you are allowed to be an observer of your new home, and report to me about any irregularities." Her voice was flat, orderly, as if she had to force the words out. "Maybe there, you can hopefully learn something," the princess remarked, passing him an empty journal with a royal seal on the cover.

His horn shone for a moment and a pair of saddlebags appeared on his flank, nothing more it seemed than a few books inside. The guards raised their weapons in alarm, but the princess waved them down, allowing it. "Alright then. Anything else?" He inquired, his resignation evident. He wouldn't fight this. She was an old friend, and a powerful one too.

She sighed once more and looked at him sadly, "I'm sorry for this. Truly I am. After I had to banish my sister, I'd hoped not to lose anyone else."

The mysterious colt's responses brief, but it had the impact his words usually carried, "We never truly lose those close to us. They remain in our hearts."

At their exchange, the door behind the throne opened slowly, revealing an ancient mirror, shimmering slightly in the dusk. The last of the sun shone down on it, and as the darkness grew, the artifact began to emit an eerie light. The surface of the mirror shimmered, almost invitingly, towards them. As he stepped up to the mirror, he turned his head and grinned slightly . "See you later, Princess," he whispered, and, turning his back, stepped inside, leaving Equestria behind.